A380 Support - FSX Related Queries

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
MisterZ

A380 Support - FSX Related Queries

Post by MisterZ »

Hi guys, thanks for the wonderful A380 but I have a problem :
The jetway doesn't work with the a380 (fsx).
I know I must change [exits] in the aircraft file but I dont know what I have to write.
Can someone give me the code for the exit.

Thanks

Tranceaddict

Project Airbus models & FSX related Queries

Post by Tranceaddict »

If it's FSX related, post here.

Thanks.

Steve

Re: Jetway for A380

Post by Steve »

MisterZ wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the wonderful A380 but I have a problem :
I know I must change [exits] in the aircraft file but I dont know what I have to write.

Thanks
I am currently working on this. I had it done at one time, but lost it for some reason. Shouldn't take tooo long 8-)

Steve

Re: Jetway for A380

Post by Steve »

MisterZ wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the wonderful A380 but I have a problem :

Thanks
Try this...copy to your aircraft.cfg exits section

exit.0 = 0.4, 65.00, -11.0, 5.70,0

Vee One

Re: A380 Support - FSX Related Queries

Post by Vee One »

A FSX question about the PA A380. ;)

Does anyone know if I can "paste" a FSX VC in this A380 for FSX? I know I can do this in certain aircraft but I don't know if it's possible for the PA's A380...

Thanks for your answers!

P.S.: The PA A380 works fabulous in FSX. Thing is, I have a 2D cockpit and that is not very nice... The 3D model and the way it flies is superb! Thanks PA!

esg

Post by esg »

Vee One wrote:A FSX question about the PA A380. ;)

Does anyone know if I can "paste" a FSX VC in this A380 for FSX? I know I can do this in certain aircraft but I don't know if it's possible for the PA's A380...

Thanks for your answers!

P.S.: The PA A380 works fabulous in FSX. Thing is, I have a 2D cockpit and that is not very nice... The 3D model and the way it flies is superb! Thanks PA!
Soon, perhaps

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

esg wrote:

Thanks for your answers!

Soon, perhaps
Thanks, esg! :)

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Vee One wrote:
esg wrote:

Thanks for your answers!

Soon, perhaps
Thanks, esg! :)
Thomas Ruth!Right? ;)

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

fsxfan wrote: Thomas Ruth!Right? ;)
What About him?

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

I contacted him to ask about a FSX modelupdate, he said the PA380 isn't in gmaxformat.In the thread about the poll,Derek lost a word about that the A380 is in gmaxformat.I contacted Tom again and we will see!:D

CaptHill

Post by CaptHill »

Hi everyone,

What a fantastic looking A380!

I am using the A380 in FSX.

I need a VC panel or 2D panel for that matter, everything I have come across thus far is for FS9! So gauges don't show up etc.

When will the PA VC be released?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a panel for use in FSX?

Rich

Goldfazer

Post by Goldfazer »

I do not have any night textures show up on the aircraft in FSX anyone know why please ?

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

I hope that this question doesn't disturb you,(you are a wonderful staff) but I was wondering if you are planning the A380(just the versions with the external models) FSX compiled models in a similar way like you did with the A318, A319 and A320 models...I know that you consider FS2004 still the best platform..but as vee one sad FSX allows much more customization than FS2004 for users who know how to set up the files..(By the way Vee One, you can add virtual cockpits in FSX providing that that the aircraft wich host the VC is FSX native, you can detect this by openin the mdl file with the note pad, if the writing up to the left corner is MDLXMDLH it is FSX native, then it can host a virtual cockpit taken from another aircraft if it is MDL8MDLH it's FS9 native, so it could work in FSX, but it can not host any other aircraft virtual cockpit)in the meantime that you develop your wonderful A380 virtual cockpit, it would be a nice candy to merge the external models for wilco A380 users for example(the Wilco A380 external model is an insult to the A380 but the virtual cockpit deserve to be mounted on a wonderful bird like yours)...obiously it' just a question, I'm not begging you for anything...on the contrary I am curious about these technical questions such as the difference between compiling an FS2004 sdk mdl file or an FSX mdl file(The A380 in FSX works anyway in a satisfactory way...just with a little bit lower fps than default FSX aircraft and less smoothness in wingflex animations but much better than I thought)...
Last edited by Thickfog on 28 Aug 2010, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

The problem is they don't have an FSX-expert add-on designer.I wrote to Thomas Ruth and he answered...the problem is the designsoftware...

Thickfog

Post by Thickfog »

It would be wonderful if Thomas Ruth himself(which I think is one of the the most expert FSX freeware developers..and actually one of the few, together with Dino Cattaneo, Hiroshi Migami of Project Opensky and UK MIL team ) would take fully this wonderful bird to FSX capabilities(but he is not a Project Airbus Member isn't it?)...I Really enjoy to repaint his wonderful Airbus A330/A340 eries

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

This is a minor nit-picky kind of thing.

The jetway needs to be moved upwards a bit. See the gap? It does not line up quite right vertically, but it is dead right on the Z-axis (or is it the X-axis?).

I've also noticed that there is an issue with the spot camera being set really far away from the airplane. Was this intentional? It seems like it could have been a little closer.

BTW: Thanks for the FSX update guys! It works well and fly's great! :D

Us Airways B757

Post by Us Airways B757 »

Hey guys,

Sorry to bother, I'm sure you all are busy with your lives and other projects, but I noticed a issue that is reoccurring on all the FSX A380 aircraft files released a few days ago on Avsim.

The aircraft's nav lights are placed in where a light for the landing lights should be:

And where the nav lights should be is a light for the landing lights:

The red and green nav lights are only viewable when I turn on the landing lights.

Thanks!

P.S. Using FSX SP2+Accel w/ REX Overdrive

Us 75
Last edited by Us Airways B757 on 22 Sep 2010, 23:17, edited 3 times in total.

esg

Post by esg »

Never seen that before

Us Airways B757

esg wrote:Never seen that before
Any suggestions?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Are those lights custom made or using the ones that came with the model?

Us Airways B757

GaryG wrote:Are those lights custom made or using the ones that came with the model?
Came with the model.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

ok, thanks for pointing that out to us. Give us some time and we'll get back to you :)

Us Airways B757

Tranceaddict wrote:ok, thanks for pointing that out to us. Give us some time and we'll get back to you :)
Sounds good.

Thanks!

Us 75

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

This is another small thing too. I noticed that there are no back-up gauges in case of an electrical failure in several different panels (payware, freeware along with those from the default aircraft). I'm not sure if this is limited to the panels for FSX, but it seems to have been overlooked in the aircraft.cfg.

The easiest way to fix this would be to duplicate the systems in the cfg, and that should take care of the problem.

Look over these things....

[direction_indicators]
[airspeed_indicators] - Not in .cfg, and should be added
[attitude_indicators]
[altimeters] - Not in .cfg and should also be added
[turn_indicators]

But then again, PA might have their reasons...

atlanticsun

Post by atlanticsun »

First, let me thank you for this great aircraft! I'm using FSX and apart from some minor things already mentioned here, it's a joy to fly :D

However, one member of our VA seems to have a very strange problem (see below). As the A380 is working well for others, it must be related to his computer and/or FS installation.

I'm posting it here, because I hope that someone encountered something like this before and might hint me into the right direction.

This repaint (air/model files etc.) is based on the FSX version of "A380 house colors".

He already tried to solve it by letting FSX build a clean fsx.cfg, but it didn't help.

Thanks

Andreas

esg

Post by esg »

Suggest he removes the panel folder, see if it persists

jt189au

Post by jt189au »

Hi all at Project Airbus

Many thanks for a great freeware product.

First let me apologise for this complete newbie enquiry, but I am hoping some one can help me.

I am trying to get the A380 to work with FSX, and I have read the forums and understand that the A380 was designed to run with FS2004 and that FSX support is limited.

I have downloaded the Qantas FSX A380 and extracted it to the FSX root folder according to the install instructions.

However I dont seem to be able to see the A380 in my aircraft selection list.

Please note that I have read the post by 'macareno_ca' on 1 July 2010 about creating a thumb nail and placing it in the texture folder when the A380 doesnt appear in the aircraft selection list.

However I am experiencing the following:

1) There is already a thumbnail of the Qantas in the texture folder;

2) I dont have a default graphic as referred to by 'macareno_ca'; and

3) I cant see Project Airbus as a publisher in my aircraft selection list.

I would be very grateful is those of you have successfully installed the A380 for FSX could give me a brief 'idiot's run through of what you did to install it.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

JT

esg

Post by esg »

Make sure the "Project Airbus A380-800..." folder is located under /SimObjects/Airplanes and the .fx under the /Effects folder

jt189au

Post by jt189au »

Hi esg,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I forgot to say that I can see the Project Airbus A380-800 folder in the /SimObjects/Airplanes and the .fx under the /Effects older.

I have also tried extracting to a 'general' folder in my docs and then cutting a pasting the Project Airbus A380-800 folder into the /SimObjects/Airplanes and the .fx under the /Effects older manually and I have had no luck.

I am running Win7. Not sure if that could be the problem.

Sorry for the hassel.

I am sure its something wrong and stupid that I am not doing.

Thanks again.

JT

esg

Post by esg »

Am I right to assume you've downloaded it from here? Can you see Project Airbus under the manufacturer dropdown?

I haven't got FSX so I can only be of so much help

jt189au

Post by jt189au »

Hi esg

Yeah, thats right I did. I know that it probably doesnt make much difference but I also went into the Avsim library and searched for the Project Airbus Qantas A380 file and downloaded from there and installed that. But still same thing.

No I cant see Project Airbus under manufacturer. Thats the strange thing. Everything is there in the directory, I just can see it when I load FSX. : )

That's cool. Thanks for the assistance anyway.

I posted so that maybe some of the posters who run the A380 with FSX might be able to tell me what they did.

I will sit on the forum for a while and see if some one who is running the A380 with FSX can assist.

Many thanks

Cheers

JT

atlanticsun

Post by atlanticsun »

Just a shot note about the engine displacement problem:

It was caused by a lightmap texture file that got corrupted somehow.

@ mods
As this problem was caused by a texture file and not the aircraft itself, feel free to (re)move the posts regarding this problem to keep this thread clean :wink:

Brett-Hill

Re: A380 FSX packages released!

Post by Brett-Hill »

Potential problem guys... not possible to fly with friends online in multiplayer on fsx. This a380 has SIM-ON-GROUND problem, If you see another a380 on the ground you will fatal error proven to be a problem with all the other airbus a318's/19's etc. It has no fix other than the original designer taking out the script and recompiling the mdl for FSX. This is a error which you do not get with any other aircraft I know and just purely PAirbus aircraft. Please PAirbus look into the error in the coding and do as Thomas Ruth has done and recompile some FSX multiplayer compatable mdl's.

esg

Re: A380 FSX packages released!

Post by esg »

The FSX model's not using SIM ON GROUND, and it's been tested and is compatible with multiplayer. The problem would lie elsewhere.

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Remove all other incompatible models!Many payware uses SIM ON GROUND!

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

ok. well me and about 5 other are having sim on ground errors when trying to fly together online in fsx. Jump into multiplayer with another person with the a380. Both spawn on the ground with the engines running (Fsx Model in fsx SP2) They will both fatal error as they look at each other!

ChainChomp2

Post by ChainChomp2 »

Same problem here, similar to Thomas Ruth's older models of the A330, A340, AN225, etc. before I replaced them with the multiplayer models when he updated the packages which do use sim on ground. Since I used the FSX models for the A380 I've had the same problem like before, the sim crashes in multiplayer when I watch A380 substitutes and other models land or when I see them on the ground. Definitely a problem for this aircraft, but I did notice the recent twitter post of the A32X models being tested, not sure if that's relevant.

esg

Post by esg »

I've just scanned through the FSX models and SIM ON GROUND is indeed _not_ used. So whatever's causing it, it's not that.

Do other people who multiplayer have this? Or is it that multiplayer is just so popular it's taken four months for it to be brought up?

AirNewZealand_A320

Its always been the case with me, 2 FSX PAA380s in one session cause crashing. or 2 FSX PAA320s Etc.

ChainChomp2

Post by ChainChomp2 »

For a while I couldn't really even have an idea for what was making FSX crash on multiplayer the past few months, but the issue was brought up here earlier about the model not using sim on ground so I tested that myself, and sure enough it was correct that the FSX A380 model (and A32X models) were causing these crashes, but not sure why it took this long to figure it out but I never thought about the problem being the PA FSX models. I've done the same in the past with Thomas Ruth's earlier models that didn't use sim on ground by testing them as multiplayer substitutes and AI aircraft (replay in FSRecorder, using in flightplans, etc.) and the result is the same.

SamN

Post by SamN »

Hi,

I've copied the files into my FSX folder (as with the readme), but the aircraft isn't showing in the menu; any ideas?

I've tried both the Emirates and Qantas A380 with no luck.

Cheers,
Sam

lbonomo

Post by lbonomo »

Make sure you're copying the folder to the SimObjects -> Airplanes folder. Also make sure you have a panel, sounds, and thumbnail.

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

Hello, I just have a prob with lights in fsx, i saw that you gave a fix for someone who downloaded it from flightsim,

the lights are misplaced they dont appear on the wing or the landing gear.
thanks

MUSTANG

Post by MUSTANG »

Was wondering why the a380 fsx models have default views so far away.....examples: aircraft loading screens; locked spot view; spot view. Is there a line in the aircraft.cfg that can be altered to make these views closer by default? ;)

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

I have also questioned why the views are so far away. Am happy you brought this up. :)

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

I hate to double post but I think the question above is of importance? Has any one a clue on why the default view of the FSX A380 are so far away.
I checked the fs9 model and this problem did not occur. Thanks you and my apologies for double posting

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

yes, I would also like to hear why the views seem so far away, It is fixed by simply holding " ctrl " and " - " but this is only a tempory fix and It would have to be done every time the aircraft is flown or reloaded. Is there a perminant answer to this?

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

I have a solution but I'm not allowed to tell you that!Maybe PA would give it a chance! :D :?: :roll:

AirNewZealand_A320

fsxfan wrote:I have a solution but I'm not allowed to tell you that!Maybe PA would give it a chance! :D :?: :roll:
???

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

At least PM us the solution! :)