APU Sound OUT!!

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Alliano Ricot

APU Sound OUT!!

Post by Alliano Ricot »

Hi,
To Any one who can help I may be Asking the same question that may been anwsered already, which I've sreach the Pioir topic posting and found none. Well any way Im in Love the product and was wondering if the APU shut down sound just after your create a flight on all types. Also I was trying to find ways to remove the Heat effect on the A318/A319/A320. Is there a A321 in the making or have I miss It, If not just giving some love to product thank you.

iheart707

Re: APU Sound OUT!!

Post by iheart707 »

I have a general idea on how to add the sound for the APU, but I would have to toy with it first.

As for the engine heat effect, thats an easy one to fix.

However it is too late here to boot up the sim 12:38 AM (Yawn) to do this now. I'll get back to you first thing in the morning on this.

This post should be moved to Tech Support.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

It seems like the engine effect is actually hard-coded into the model. You cannot simply remove it all together, but there are a few things you can try. On the A318's and A319's that PAirbus made,you can hide it with the water rudder command. You would have to look that up under your key commands the default FSX key command is (Shift + W). On the A320's it's a little hard to remove it, and I believe that it cannot be completly removed.

However you can always see if you have the effect somewhere inside of your effects folder (inside the airplane's effects folder or in the default FSX root directory). It could also be under the texture folder inside the airplane's folder itself too, so check there also. The file you need to extract from that folder or rename should be listed as jetheat_t.bmp.

I'm still working on the APU, so I'll get back to you in a few on that.
Last edited by iheart707 on 10 Aug 2010, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

esg

Post by esg »

The A320 doesn't have the jetheat bitmap; you simply cannot remove it from the A320

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

Sorry for the delay, I have been incredibly busy the last few days. :o

With my limited knowledge on how sound works in FS, I know of one way to do the task you are asking for.

The only airplanes that I have heard the APU on and off were airplanes done with a lot of detail.

(Like PMDG's numerous airplanes and the Flight1's MD-80 Pro for instance)

It sounds like the sound file needs to be programmed into a gauge. That way, it will play or not play depending upon its operation at the time. So for a sound to be added to the airplane, it would need to be programmed by some FS gauge developer. I cannot do that, but I'm sure plenty of other people have that kind of expertise to help you out. I am not sure how else you might do it, but keep exploring your options.
esg wrote:The A320 doesn't have the jetheat bitmap; you simply cannot remove it from the A320
Scratch that thought!