[A380] FS9.1 Night Texture Blurry Issue

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
arabian

[A380] FS9.1 Night Texture Blurry Issue

Post by arabian »

Hello everyone,

I run FS2004 (FS9.1) on an iMac i5 (3.2GHz Intel Core i3 (dual core) - 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 512MB of GDDR3 memory). I have noticedthat my PA A380 is having an issue with the night time textures. The textures display properly, however, when they are used in the evening and night time environment, they cause the surrounding scenery to blur and pixelate.

To attempt to remedy this problem, I have first saved the textures as DXT3 in their original size (1024x1024). Upon doing so, the problem still occurred. I then resized the night textures to 512x512 and saved them as DXT3, and still, the problem continued. I then made all the textures, even the daytime ones, DXT3, and unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue. The blurriness and pixelated environment textures occur even from the views when one is situated in the 2D cockpit panel. If I change the view to say the side view, the blurriness and pixelation occurs, even if the aircraft's model is not shown (i.e. there is no wing from the wing view showing, or any other part of the aircraft showing).

I've included two screenshots (below) of the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this, and what a potential remedy is? Please note this only occurs at night - during the day, the aircraft is fine and has no issues.

I hope I've included enough information, and thanks in advance for any help!

BEFORE - Please notice that the lights are off, and the clouds take their normal texture.

AFTER - Please notice that the lights are on, the environment textures are blurry, and the clouds are pixelated.

esg

Re: [A380] FS9.1 Night Texture Blurry Issue

Post by esg »

Can't replicate it on my iMac. Does it happen with any of the official paints and does it happen with any other aircraft?

arabian

Post by arabian »

Hello Esg,

Thanks for your reply. It happens when any of the main body or wing night textures load I assume. This is the only aircraft that unfortunately suffers from this problem, at least to my knowledge. Some of the POSKY 777s do it, but I found that resizing and or reformatting the _L textures fixes it.

esg

Post by esg »

It happens when any of the main body or wing night textures load I assume.
Trash all the night textures, go on FS, hit L, see if it still happens

And does it happen with any of the official paints?

arabian

Post by arabian »

I followed your instructions. I removed the night textures from the aircraft's texture folder and pushed the "L" key. No blurries whatsoever. This problem occurs with all of the PA A380 paints.

esg

Post by esg »

All right, what if you only trash A380_2_l?

arabian

Post by arabian »

Hmm - I think it might have worked! I'll play around with it and see if the textures blur.

esg

Post by esg »

arabian

Post by arabian »

Already made one - 512x512 just black with a white mip-map. Thank you for taking the time to help me through this step by step, it's very much appreciated! :)

One for the Crew: Thank you from Arabian Airlines.

esg

Post by esg »

Np. Love the colours