Representing my roots - SAS A321

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
DerKranich

Representing my roots - SAS A321

Post by DerKranich »

I know the paintkit is not out yet, but I'm simply in preparation to paint an SAS A321. Given that I am of Swedish descent, I do enjoy my SAS paints and can be VERY picky when it comes to them. Therefore I just paint my own SAS jets to the standards I like. So when I heard of PA doing the A321, I just knew I had to paint an SAS livery on it.

This is only a little nibble of what's to come. I have final exams next week, so progress will apparently be at a standstill for a bit. Once I have more time on my hands, I will present you a more complete product.

Enjoy

That faint white stuff is a watermark; I don't feel comfortable having people steal my work. Also for the record, I painted this on the A319, and not over any of the A321 textures. I went with an educated guess that the paintkit is similar to that of the A319/320.

kremin

Re: Representing my roots - SAS A321

Post by kremin »

Hej DerKranich!
Looks good - I'm looking forward to your repaint.
best regards
Rick Canham

anels9

Post by anels9 »

Looks very good and crisp, hope the rest of the plane wont have any jaggy looking edges etc. :)

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

anels9 wrote:Looks very good and crisp, hope the rest of the plane wont have any jaggy looking edges etc. :)
I think that's for everyone's graphic card to decide :lol:

anels9

Post by anels9 »

its not a graphics card problem for me cos i got double, but some people should just NOT paint aircraft..... HORRID!

airmermaid

Post by airmermaid »

anels9 wrote:... but some people should just NOT paint aircraft..... HORRID!
Why???
As you might be aware of, it is a question of taste. Besides, I don't think the painters (at least great part of them) won't charge anything for a repaint. So it is up to the final user to decide if it worths keeping the textures in the hard disk ;).

Cheers,
Arslan

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

airmermaid wrote:
anels9 wrote:... but some people should just NOT paint aircraft..... HORRID!
Why???
As you might be aware of, it is a question of taste. Besides, I don't think the painters (at least great part of them) won't charge anything for a repaint. So it is up to the final user to decide if it worths keeping the textures in the hard disk ;).

Cheers,
Arslan
And just to add to that; Two graphics cards don't do a thing for FSX/FS2004 as the code is too old to support it (with one GPU you will see the same graphics quality and FPS), I have even heard rumors that two graphics cards can reduce frame rates in FSX/FS2004 but I have seen no solid proof of that yet.
Whether you get jaggy lines or not is mainly down to how the user configures his graphics control panel settings or fsx settings.
... besides that... what is wrong with a novice painter painting aircraft and uploading his paints he's clearly proud of (every painter started there at one point and without novice painters we won't ever get them imporving to being expert painters... )

now i have finished my rant ill get back onto topic; that engine paint looks really nice :)

anels9

Post by anels9 »

some people have been painting for years and still havnt chnaged. and the jaggy lines etc arent a computer specs problem, obviosuly you dont understand what i mean so lets just drop the subject.

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

Seeing as the PK has now been released... will we be seeing some updates on this paint in the near future?

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

Yep I have it in the works. I am doing an A319 alongside it as I previously was working on an SAS A319 and will release them both at the same time.

Here's what I have so far. A few things to add, but I hope to have this paint done within a week if FS cooperates with me.

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

looking forward to this one!

jhz94

Post by jhz94 »

Check that the fuse color is #e0ded9, that is the real color of the SAS fuselages. And then, chek that the flags has got the correct colors (it looks like that the blue shade is wrong). And thirdly, the Scandinavian text on the fuse isn't that curved in reality. Otherwise, good work. :)

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

recently fixed, and due to family matters, I have decided to put my paints on hold. If anything, expect them to be around late July if I'm lucky. I probably could try and get them up by Friday if I am lucky, but don't count on it.

thomas32

Post by thomas32 »

Hope everything is fine with your family. This repaint looks really good, it will please many people when uploaded ;)