Air India A321 RELEASED!

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
Aerobertsch

Air India A321 RELEASED!

Post by Aerobertsch »

Currently in my paint shop ;)

The real one:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Indi ... 1c6e821337
Last edited by Aerobertsch on 07 Jun 2011, 23:55, edited 3 times in total.

Nixpilot

Re: Air India A321 (Early Preview)

Post by Nixpilot »

nice start, we are gonna have some happy indians in FS :P

sandesh883

Re: Air India A321 (Early Preview)

Post by sandesh883 »

NIce work

Aerobertsch

Re: Air India A321 (Short time before release)

Post by Aerobertsch »

Hello again,
the Air India A321 is now close to release ;)

transavia

Post by transavia »

There is my planeeeee! I luuuuveeee it. One of the best livery's. :P

What is the little stripe over L2? The belly red is lower i think (on the photo)

Aerobertsch

Post by Aerobertsch »

You're right. The red belly is too high and the small strip is a small error on the texture.
Both have been fixed now.
Thanks for the tip ;)

transavia

Post by transavia »

It makes always better. :P

Aerobertsch

Re: Air India A321 RELEASED!

Post by Aerobertsch »

Hi,
after much detailed work I can now announce the publication of the Air India A321. The paint will now be ready for download at AVSIM. :D

I hope you like it 8-)

tomthecat73

Post by tomthecat73 »

Really beautiful! and a masterpiece fitting the orange "flower" at the tail...

transavia

Post by transavia »

Yeah, she is awesome! Mumbai here i come.

sandesh883

Post by sandesh883 »

Very nice 8-) .

Had chance of to fly on Air India Airbus A321 VT-PPI operating as flight no. IC-179 in the Mumbai-Mangalore sector last year. On that day, this particular aircraft was the first domestic flight to land and taxi to the new airport terminal in Mangalore. Media persons were there to cover the event when the aircraft landed and when we disembarked from the aircraft.

jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

As much as it pains me to say this, it still must be said. Much of this "repaint" is not the author's original work. The majority of these "detailed textures" were plagiarized from my original work, a Project Airbus A319 posted on AVSIM as "Air India Airbus A319-112 (VT-SCH) New Colors", filename project_airbus_a319-112_aic_vt-sch.zip, on July 21, 2008. At a minimum, the repainted section of the tail and the engines are a pixel for pixel plagiarization of my work. I discovered this when I saw the posting on AVSIM and the tail artwork (which was hand drawn by me) in the thumbnail, and all the "detail" of the tail looked familiar. I downloaded it, and overlaid it onto my A319 repaint in Photoshop and it was a pixel for pixel match. There are more "details" from this "repaint" that are exact matches from the work I posted, but I think that detailed information is not necessary at this point. AVSIM has removed this file from its site. This individual also has at least one other PA repaint which plagiarizes textures from another PA A319, and I have brought it to the attention of that repainter.

jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

tomthecat73 wrote:Really beautiful! and a masterpiece fitting the orange "flower" at the tail...
Thank you. The tail was painstakingly hand painted by me. Please see my post below.

Tigger

Post by Tigger »

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS TO OTHERS PAINTS!!!! :evil:
Jeff Bryner does do excellent work! try doing your own and maybe you too will be as good as him someday. In the meantime DON'T COPY!!! :twisted:
Sorry Jeff

Billster8724

Post by Billster8724 »

Tigger wrote:I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS TO OTHERS PAINTS!!!! :evil:
Jeff Bryner does do excellent work! try doing your own and maybe you too will be as good as him someday. In the meantime DON'T COPY!!! :twisted:
Sorry Jeff
I think you're getting a bit confused. Wrong thread? He was painting his own Air India livery on the A321.

Good work on the livery btw.

Bill

tomthecat73

Post by tomthecat73 »

A few times other painters used my textures too. IF THEY ASK - its no problem - I always say ok or yes and a few times I even helped and send whole psd-files vie mail to painters - but if painters just use others textures without asking, without permission.... this is not nice. If you ever tried to fit 2, 3, 4 textures so that they fit and your paint looks good (and I have this problem actually with 3 paints) - and if you know that this is not soooo easy - it is frustating to see your textures in other repainters uploads...

I understand Jeff very well and I hope its not true - but its easy to find out plagiats.
Displeasing story here.

Nixpilot

Post by Nixpilot »

I kinda agree, it's really lame and disgusting to plagiarize from other repainter's hard works. I find that painful that some "novice" repainters just take bits here and there from other textures and add them to their repaints, even thought it's free.

I hope it's not really true what jeff is saying but I guess the repainter who posted the screens should explained himself.

sandesh883

Post by sandesh883 »

jsbryner wrote:As much as it pains me to say this, it still must be said. Much of this "repaint" is not the author's original work. The majority of these "detailed textures" were plagiarized from my original work, a Project Airbus A319 posted on AVSIM as "Air India Airbus A319-112 (VT-SCH) New Colors", filename project_airbus_a319-112_aic_vt-sch.zip, on July 21, 2008. At a minimum, the repainted section of the tail and the engines are a pixel for pixel plagiarization of my work.
Disgusting, if true :x . Could you please paint and Air India A321, based on your AI A319?

jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

Nixpilot wrote:...
I hope it's not really true what jeff is saying but I guess the repainter who posted the screens should explained himself.
I see Aerobertsch's Last Visited entry shows as today Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:24 am, so I am looking forward to his reply...

Propilot23k

Post by Propilot23k »

he doesnt have the balls to respond after getting caught lol.

Nixpilot

Post by Nixpilot »

yea pretty sure, if he doesn't reply, then we will all assumed that it's true.

jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

I, as well as Aerobertsch (Juerg Bertschinger), know it is true that this repaint is a ripoff of my work. I have the proof or I would not have asserted that this person did steal all of the textures that he did. To validate this and any other assertion of the theft of my textures, I first go through a process to determine if they are in fact my textures, and this repaint was chock ablock with my work; stolen without so much as even altering the colors (as some people who ripoff other people's work do) on some of the textures. So, for me this series of posts was more a wait to see if the individual would come forward (or even PM me) and say something. Moreover, as of the afternoon of June 11 (GMT-5), AVSIM has still not received a reply from him as his posting was removed from their website for having textures stolen from another author. He has the right to contest this assertion yet has not.

Individuals and actions like this hurt this wonderful hobby. There are many talented, hard working artists and developers keeping the freeware in this hobby of the utmost quality and who put in tireless hours producing and improving their work while, unfortunately, there are a few who take the dishonest shortcut to getting "their" work and name out there by stealing the hard work of others far more talented than them. Enough said about this unfortunate situation.

Aerobertsch

Post by Aerobertsch »

Hi,
first of all I apologize that I have long time not reported. I had a lot of work and therefore no time.
I have this painting the engine, the fin and the rear part copied by Jeff Bryner's A319, as his work has succeeded very well indeed.
As a Swiss, but I have not thought of that apply in other countries other copyrights. In Switzerland, the use of full share of freeware products for its own purposes is allowed without any restrictions. Only if purchased software such as operating systems or music CD's is strictly forbidden without permission of the producer.
So it was in your view, a gross violation I had committed.
For that I apologize first for Jeff Bryner, but also with you all.
I am far from wishing to deceive anyone, so here I promise that I will in future think of the copy rights of other countries and will no longer make copies without permission of the producer.

However, I also have a question concerning copyrights. If we make paintings, we often use photos of aircraft from Airliners.net and other sites. I am sure that over ninety percent are using this copy-protected images without permission of the photographer. Is this legal? I do not think so.

I hope my English is sufficient to understand these words.

Yours sincerely,
Juerg Bertschinger

jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

Aerobertsch wrote:Hi,
first of all I apologize that I have long time not reported. I had a lot of work and therefore no time.
I have this painting the engine, the fin and the rear part copied by Jeff Bryner's A319, as his work has succeeded very well indeed.
As a Swiss, but I have not thought of that apply in other countries other copyrights. In Switzerland, the use of full share of freeware products for its own purposes is allowed without any restrictions. Only if purchased software such as operating systems or music CD's is strictly forbidden without permission of the producer.
So it was in your view, a gross violation I had committed.
For that I apologize first for Jeff Bryner, but also with you all.
I am far from wishing to deceive anyone, so here I promise that I will in future think of the copy rights of other countries and will no longer make copies without permission of the producer.

However, I also have a question concerning copyrights. If we make paintings, we often use photos of aircraft from Airliners.net and other sites. I am sure that over ninety percent are using this copy-protected images without permission of the photographer. Is this legal? I do not think so.

I hope my English is sufficient to understand these words.

Yours sincerely,
Juerg Bertschinger
First of all, thank you Juerg for the candor of and courage for your reply and apology. Very few people have the integrity that you demonstrate through the honesty of your reply. My sincere respect to you for that. Also, your English is perfectly fine.

I certainly understand your comment about freeware and the opinion you make about its use in your country, but each and every one of my repaints comes with a README.txt file which contains a section titled Licensing which states very clearly (this taken from my A319);
"This is freeware with the following restrictions.
- You must comply with any terms and conditions established by Project Airbus in their respective license agreements,
- You may not upload this to any website without my expressed permission,
- You may not use any textures (bmp files) in this package that were modified by me in another repaint without my expressed permission,
- You may not sell this package in its entirety or its constituent elements,
- If you do get my permission to use this, you are obligated to post written credit to me and all of the individuals and organizations mentioned in the section "Credits".
- ...Do not be confused that "freeware" implies that a work is not protected by terms and conditions placed on it by its author. It is. Freeware simply means the author did not charge you money to license it. But it is still licensed, artistic and intellectual property of the author and subject to his agreement for use and distribution. Asking my permission is a simple task and demonstrates respect for my work."

Every package I post contains the above language, and expect every downloader to, at a minimum, comply with the terms in the Licensing section. It is unfortunate and I wish I could, but I cannot put my readme file content in every language.

Countries aside, I certainly understand Intellectual Property and Copyright is treated differently throughout the world. However, it is clearly stated what you can and cannot do with the textures I publish in every package I post. Moreover, your country, Switzerland, is a protector and respecter of intellectual property and Copyrights. Whether individuals respect that or not is quite another subject. We have the same problem here in the USA, though we, like your country, have laws that protect the intellectual property of others. So in the end, this is not an issue of freeware or payware, but rather one of respecting the intellectual property created by another and not falsely and publicly claiming it as your own work.

Regarding your comment/question about pictures from Airliners.net, they are very clear about the use of photos. In fact, here is the link from their site titled "Restrictions on the usage of photos"; http://www.airliners.net/usephotos/. Other than viewing and having them as your wallpaper on your PC, it states;
"These photos may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed, cropped, resized, or otherwise altered without the written permission of the photographer. No commercial use of these photos may be made in any way. All rights are reserved. "
I use/view photos only for accuracy reference when repainting. No copyrighted photo, in part or in whole, is ever a part of my repaints. So, if you use a photo or part of a photo on a repaint (that comes from airliners or another site), I would recommend you contact the individual who took the photo and ask their permission.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

tomthecat73

Post by tomthecat73 »

Juerg - ASKING ist the minimum! The comments about "switzerland" and copyrights I dont understand.

tomthecat73

Post by tomthecat73 »

The same with me: other repainters use my textures - actually from my Air Berlin paint - Why do this people not ask before? I am the last one who say "no" if i can help somebody - I even send whole .psd-files...

But steeling is not nice... I know how Jeffrey feels