all my repaints

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
likes_to_repaint

all my repaints

Post by likes_to_repaint »

hi all together,

First I would like to say thank you. Thank you so much dear Project Airbus team for your incredible work! In my mind your quality of textures and models are unique!!! Your work brought me endless hours of fun and pleasure!

Therefore I really would like to give something back. So I've decided to show you all of my repaints, that I've done so far.

EUROWINGS - A319-100

Olympic Air - A319-112

TAP Portugal - A319-111

Tunis Air - A319-114

Aero Lloyd - A320-232

Condor/Thomas Cook (Livery Pack) - A320-233

flyFTI - A320-231

Kuwait Airways - A320-212

That's it so far. All aircrafts are equipped with VC. I've done and tested these repaints for FSX only. Maybe they will also work for Fs2004

You can download all of them at:
http://www.fs-freeware.net/
http://www.avsim.com
http://www.flightsim.com

I hope you will like this stuff. I took my heart's blood in this, to make it look fine :D Please tell me what you think about it.

Greetings
Marco

Note: I spot the four available A319 repaints in the download section. They're looking awesome and I would like to ask, if I please may get the permission to make them usable for FSX?

Alexis

Re: all my repaints

Post by Alexis »

TAP, Eurowings and Aero Lloyd are great. I love those simple liveries. On the other hand, Olympic's new livery is crap, I think none should bother repainting it -maybe they should adopt the "retrojet" style. It seems spot on though!

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Marco, well done. On that TAP, the tail light is kind of bluish... how come?

:?

regards

likes_to_repaint

nice to see that you like it!
PAIRBUSBEST wrote:On that TAP, the tail light is kind of bluish... how come?
this comes from a new nav light texture that I'm using.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Nice work there Marco. I like them allot. :D

lordsniper

Post by lordsniper »

thanks... great job your passionate on what you're doing it's always a pleasure ;) + it's really well-done juste a little detail you should add dirt to add realism ;)
but again I'm using it right now so thank you

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

lordsniper wrote:thanks... great job your passionate on what you're doing it's always a pleasure ;) + it's really well-done juste a little detail you should add dirt to add realism ;)
but again I'm using it right now so thank you
Dirt does bring up the real-world look from weathering, I personally like the "new-look" like Marco's reapints and my own repaints are also clean. Everyone has their preference and I respect that. :)
I do get requests for my repaints with a weathered look so I put scratches and fade the colours with some dirty stripes under the windows, on the wings, exhaust marks and rusting on the engines, etc. :o

likes_to_repaint

thank you so much people!!! Your kind words are the best motivation ever! :)
juste a little detail you should add dirt to add realism
you're right, normally planes are not that clean. But I've used the existing dirt layer from the paint kit for all of my A319 repaints. Maybe it's hard to see but it's there. The A320 paint kit is another story. There is no dirt layer as far as I know. I've tried making dirt by myself but I looked bad :?
so I put scratches and fade the colours with some dirty stripes under the windows, on the wings, exhaust marks and rusting on the engines, etc.
sknepper, I really would like to know how you do this! What's your technique?

Finally I would like to show you a fictional repainting I've done

Hope you like it ;)

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

likes_to_repaint wrote: sknepper, I really would like to know how you do this! What's your technique?
I do it in this way:
For the windows and exhaust effects I add a layer then I use the spray gun effect in a dark brown colour under each window and then make it 20% to 50% transparent
For the colour fading I also do a new white/yellow layer with a transparency between 5% and 30% over the livery layer, or any other layer that needs to fade.
The the rusting I do by spray-painting a layer of dark brown over the engine inlets and exhausts. I then lighten the alpha layer over those parts so it dosen't shine so much.
I know I will maybe get many different ideas now from other people which is always helpful, but that is my way that I do it.
I hope that this will help.

likes_to_repaint

thanks for the detailed explanations sknepper! I will try this next time!