Airbus A380 Virgin Galactic

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
jmorv

Airbus A380 Virgin Galactic

Post by jmorv »

Good Morning Folks,

My name is Jim and I am a first time member and a first time repainter. When I started getting into FSX, I downloaded quite a few repaints from various sites from various people and I eventually made it a point to learn how to do what they do whe it comes to painting aircraft. My first was the PMDG 747 but due to a HDD crash a coupl of weeks ago, I decided to start again but this time with the Pairbus A380. This repaint is a fictional one in the sense that the "airline" is really the company name for the spaceship. Anywho, here is WIP of the repaint, and hopefully it shows up here.

I have a DA account and I have just started to post some screenshots there of my flying trips and now repaints. I find this whole repainting thing very enjoyable but frustrating as well since the procedure for creating the texture files varies depending on the model creator.

I'd appreciate any feedback you folks may have and as I said this is a WIP. I recognized some things after I tested it in FSX that need fixed. :)

Jim

ChainChomp2

Re: Airbus A380 Virgin Galactic

Post by ChainChomp2 »

Looks pretty nice even though it's a WIP.

Just a tip...rather than wrap the URL in img tags and get a blank "Image" text you should just put the link to your DeviantArt site or find the direct link to the image like so:

And just a bit of a personal preference but it appears to be using EA engines and fanblade textures, Virgin Atlantic if I recall ordered RR engines :P .

jmorv

Re: Airbus A380 Virgin Galactic

Post by jmorv »

Thank you for the advice. When I began the post, I looked for any feature in the dialog to do what you said, but all I saw was the img tag buttons so I assumed that's how it's done. Sorry for not knowing, this is my first time here posting anything worthwhile. I know my work pales in comparison to the greats here, but agian, I wanted to give back to the community and share. I am still wanting to uload this texture set somewhere like Flightsim, I'm just not sure how.

Kindest Regards,

Jim Morvay