Aegean Airlines - Project Airbus A320 SX-DVV Special Livery

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
Christopher Barbas

Aegean Airlines - Project Airbus A320 SX-DVV Special Livery

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Aegean Airlines - Project Airbus A320 SX-DVV Special Livery "Cleisthenes"

File Description:
Aegean Airlines Project Airbus FS9 A320 IAE Special Livery repaint.

Info:
"Athens, November 26, 2009. Aegean, the largest Greek airline, announced a national cultural initiative, ultimately aiming at boosting the country's international image, as well as supporting Greek tourism. In particular, the two new Airbus A320 aircraft bearing the image of the Acropolis Museums Kori of Athens were presented during an event held at the company's technical base. The inscription urges us to Discover the New Acropolis Museum, not to mention the Museum's website at http://www.theacropolismuseum.gr. 'Cleisthenes' and 'Pheidias' become a live invitation to the New Acropolis Museum for millions of passengers throughout the world. They will be calling us on a tour through civilization, at each and every destination, at each and every airport.

Special Creation For Aegean Airlines Virtual---www.aegeanvirtual.net---Fly Your Dreams---, who stands as the original effort to operate the Aegean Airlines flight schedule. Thank you For Downloading.

AVSIM Download

dotsalgon

Re: Aegean Airlines - Project Airbus A320 SX-DVV Special Liv

Post by dotsalgon »

Nice! :D
Thnx! I will downloaded! :D

P.S. BtW Aegean is not the largrest Greek airline. Olympic Air is... since it is merging with Aegean :P

esg

Post by esg »

Press release from 2009; they were the largest airline in Greece in 2008 in terms of pax carried

Christopher Barbas

HI all

Thanks for the comments and by the way.

Was and it is the biggest "private" airline in Greece.

Know with the merge with Olympic Air, actually Aegean has buy Olympic, is the greatest ever airline in Greece.

Not a hiding secret!

CU

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

@esg. Oh.. Regarding pax I do not know... but regarding fleet and number of destinations at 2008 was Olympic Airways.

@Christopher Barbas
Sorry but you are mistaken...
The Greek Goverment is forbidding Olympic Air to be sold! That was one of the major terms when Olympic Airways was sold at 2009 by the goverment... so Aegean Air isn't buying anything... Please do not missinform people.

Cheers.. ;)

EDIT: We are going of topic.. I am not commenting anymore on this matter... in this thread.

Christopher Barbas

My friend

you have started and please I am not misinform none.

Please keep those words for your self.

And stay in topic.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

The paint is nice and I will download it cz I fly both Aegean and Olympic lyveries but I will not accept missinformation about an airline in an open forum.

"""
The main shareholders of AEGEAN AIRLINES and OLYMPIC AIR have reached today an agreement regarding the merger of their respective activities, resulting in the formation of a new company that will be listed on the Athens Exchange. OLYMPIC HANDLING and OLYMPIC ENGINEERING will become 100% subsidiaries of the new company.
The company that will be formed as a result from the merger will carry the name and logos of OLYMPIC AIR, following the necessary transition and adjustment period, during which the name and logos of AEGEAN will be used in parallel as well.

The agreement is subject to the approval of the European Competition Commission, which is the relevant competent authority given the size and particular terms of the transaction. Until then, the exact process mechanics and associated timetable will be articulated. According to the terms of the agreement, the main shareholder of AEGEAN (Vassilakis Group) and the sole shareholder of OLYMPIC AIR (Marfin Investment Group) will have an equal shareholding in the combined entity, while the groups of Messrs Laskaridis, V. Constantakopoulos, G. David and L. Ioannou as well as Piraeus Bank will all maintain their proportional equity participations in the new company, thereby continuing to support this particularly important venture for the country.

Messrs Th. Vassilakis and A. Vgenopoulos are expected to lead the new company, ensuring the smooth integration of the businesses and the creation of a national airline champion with enlarged presence in the European market as well as seamless coverage of even the most remote islands of our country.

Commenting on the abovementioned agreement, the Chairman of Aegean Mr. Th. Vassilakis made the following statement:

“Since the first day of Aegean’s operations, we have been pursuing our vision for innovative, high quality services, through significant investments. The relative size of our competitors within the European Union necessitates the joining of the two main Greek airlines, to achieve increased autonomy in serving the needs of our country’s tourism, increase route options for consumers, ensure the long-term development and viability of the two airlines and protect the levels of employment in the sector.”

The Chairman of OLYMPIC AIR Mr. A. Vgenopoulos also made the following statement:

“The prevailing conditions in the Greek economy as well as in the aviation sector dictate the combination of forces in order to maintain competitive customer prices, protect levels of employment and increase our competitiveness at a European level. The merger of OLYMPIC with AEGEAN serves all of those objectives and at the same time preserves and strengthens the OLYMPIC brand name, an inherent piece of our national tradition making all Greeks very proud.”
"""""""
This is a press release of Aegean...
There is nowhere mentioned about who is buying who... instead it sais that both "owners" will have equal shares!

Over and out...
Dot..

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

May I.........?

LOL ---> Imagine it font 72, Bold and Underlined.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Please remain in topic-use the PMs for that! I really like the paint,BTW. Christopher, I think Aegean has painted a number of their planes with monuments and stuff, do you intend to do the other ones too?

Christopher Barbas

Good day

Alexis thanks first for your comments.

As far as I know, there are only two(2) a/c as extra livery, the A320 SX-DVU and SX-DVV.

I have not seen anything else yet

Thanks

Christopher Barbas

Good day

An update is available, adding the Star Alliance logo at the aircraft/repaint.

CU