United A319 OC

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
alexranc

United A319 OC

Post by alexranc »

Now that I registered on here I might as well contribute :D

Here are some previews of a United A319 I did sometime ago. Download link is below. 8-) (Photos are done by Anand M and edited by me.)

Download

GaryG

Re: United A319 OC

Post by GaryG »

Awesome Alex, really....

Keep us active with these paints of yours. I love it.

If only all payware companies contributed something small to the freeware community...... :roll:

Thanks a lot

esg

Post by esg »

Think the colours are way off (could be the editing?) and the static reflection on the fuse doesn't look convincing, but nice work!

David Anderson

Post by David Anderson »

Being a long time United lover, here's what I can say about the Grey/Blue scheme. It looks different in every single photo. It's appearance is greatly influenced by the natural lighting conditions, more so than any other livery I have ever seen.

I think what you've done here is marvelous, in terms of the color combination. I'm not digging the clouds on the engines though.

And........The single biggest mistake painters make when doing the UA OC........The font is NOT Times New Roman. It is ITC Century, the main difference being the "R" in Airlines has a a sort of tail on it that curves up. Unfortunately, ITC Century is not a free font.

Back in the days, when I painted, I would simply extract the UNITED AIRLINES portion from a photo and tweak it to work with my paint. The simplest thing you could do is just add the little tail yourself. I would highly suggest doing this, as no United OC repaint is complete without it, at least not in my eyes.

esg

Post by esg »

David Anderson wrote:Being a long time United lover, here's what I can say about the Grey/Blue scheme. It looks different in every single photo. It's appearance is greatly influenced by the natural lighting conditions, more so than any other livery I have ever seen.
I've never seen the grey on the fuselage look brown, and I see no reason why it'd be influenced more than any other livery.

David Anderson

Post by David Anderson »

It's really quite simple actually. The sun has this effect on all United grey aircraft.

As for the greater influence, it's just a personal opinion based off of a few years of spotting UAL and other aircraft, in all types of weather conditions.

The UA grey, to me, is like a prism because it changes in appearance with each and every different angle/position/brightness, whatever of the sun.

EDIT: Brown......http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-A ... 1813084/L/

alexranc

Post by alexranc »

Thanks for the kind replies gents ;)

As David noted, the UAL OC scheme is just one of those liveries that alters with different lighting. Just like the KLM "blue" the UAL gray will look different is almost every picture.