Developers: Longer Engine Start?

donaldd

Developers: Longer Engine Start?

Post by donaldd »

Well, I posted this as a general question in the support section but it has come to my attention by a fellow user that it would make sense to ask the A320 developers this question. Is there something in the aircraft.cfg that could make the engine start last longer. I have a great 35 second start up clip but in the sim it only lasts for 19 seconds and then the engine is fully started. It would be nice to have it more realistic. Can this be fixed in an update or is there something the average simmer can do? Thanks! Much appreciated!

Dominicana1879

Re: Developers: Longer Engine Start?

Post by Dominicana1879 »

Why not try starting the engines manually? Selecting "ctrl-e" seems to make the engine start shorter. But if you start manually and then at desire rpm clicking the button on the pedestal. I guess it should work perfectly fine like that.

TheRedBaron

Re: Developers: Longer Engine Start?

Post by TheRedBaron »

donaldd wrote:Well, I posted this as a general question in the support section but it has come to my attention by a fellow user that it would make sense to ask the A320 developers this question. Is there something in the aircraft.cfg that could make the engine start last longer. I have a great 35 second start up clip but in the sim it only lasts for 19 seconds and then the engine is fully started. It would be nice to have it more realistic. Can this be fixed in an update or is there something the average simmer can do? Thanks! Much appreciated!
Hi,

I have created an A320 soundset, so the way to go about this is to have it split so that a portion of it falls under the 'ignition' sound for startup, as FSX will stop the 'start' sound when it begins to play the 'ignition' sound. I understand that there is a separate ignition sound that can be heard, so the way to get around this is to create a dual-track sound, one track has part of the startup sound, and the other will play the ignition sound simultaneously.

Hope this helps!