Cessna Twin Titan (404)

flightsimer

Cessna Twin Titan (404)

Post by flightsimer »

Over the last month or two, I have been working on this on and off but within the last two weeks; I’ve made so real progress on it. Here is my very first model ever. As of now it’s strictly for FSX, but I might be able to get it made for FS9, but as of now, I doubt that will happen.

As I said above, this is my first model ever. Though I must admit, it’s the third fuselage type I have done. Originally I was going to model the DHC-6 series of aircraft as my first model, but ran into problems with it so I then started a Saab 340 but then ran into problems with it as well. Both of those planes will be completed later btw. So now I’m working on my 404. This is the farthest I’ve gotten on any model too.

Features that will be included in this model are:
*fully modeled VC and Cabin
*Working wipers
*Custom and standard animations
*All doors (passenger, baggage, access panels, etc) will be operable
*Some sort of paint kit (though I don’t know how it’s going to be laid out yet)

Possible features that I would like to do if possible:
*Complete realistic panel
*Custom Engine sounds (this has a pretty high chance of being done as I believe there is a 404 stationed at my local airport)
*control panel to control certain animations

As of now, the fuselage is about nearly complete. There is just some smoothing here and there that still needs to be addressed. The wing also needs more tuning as it’s only the rough wing right now. The Engines are pretty far in the process of being done. I still have to round out the edges at the front and have to figure out how to finish the trailing edge of the pod and cut the air inlets. I also found a gash in the one side of the engine which I don’t know why its there so have to fix that. I think I might have tweaked the one side and just forgotten to transfer the edits over to the other.

Also what you see is just the elements all being shown together individually. They aren’t a whole yet, so the seams haven’t been made correct yet. I also havent cut any doors, windows, moving parts, etc. I will do those once i think the shapes are right and ready for them.

Right now the polygon count stands at 2174 total for all of what you see.

Here it is...
Last edited by flightsimer on 27 Jun 2010, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

GaryG

Re: Cessna Twin Titan (404)

Post by GaryG »

Hey, that is a good start, keep pushing it.

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

Looking good. just over 2000 poly's? Damn that's going to go wild on my PC. Never heard of a model with so little poly's.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

It's not finished

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

Serious PAIRBUS? Is this not finished? It looks so finished. Except for the entire tail fin, props and gear being missing. (This is an ironic statement) But if he's now only counting 2000 poly's that isn't going to get much more I think when adding the rest of the details.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

depends on how many detail he wants to do.

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

Inbreker wrote:Serious PAIRBUS? Is this not finished? It looks so finished. Except for the entire tail fin, props and gear being missing. (This is an ironic statement) But if he's now only counting 2000 poly's that isn't going to get much more I think when adding the rest of the details.
Nope, still have change the front of the engine and the trailing edge of it as well. Plus no control surfaces, doors, windows are cut, VC/cabin hasnt been started plus the tail needs to be done. Still a lot to do though. I dont really know yet, but im expecting it to be between 10-20K poly's when its all finished.

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

10-20K poly's isn't much. I like that. Good luck on her.

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

a few new shots with the startings of the tail. its just a basic vertical stablizers that still needs a lot of tuning. The engines have almost been completed shape wise also.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Awesome... keep them rolling in

jedipie

Post by jedipie »

I wish I knew how to do this ha

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

You can, all you need is a little dedication

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

And the nose, amongst other things, looking really good like the real one :).

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

sknepper wrote:And the nose, amongst other things, looking really good like the real one :).
thanks, i was really going for getting it down good. I think i ended up redoing the nose itself twice and the cockpit window area like 5 times as i just couldnt get it to the level i liked.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Even though it is not painted with thw window borders I can really see that it's a Cessna twin, so thanks for sharing this with us.

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

sknepper wrote:Even though it is not painted with thw window borders I can really see that it's a Cessna twin, so thanks for sharing this with us.
windows will be modeled into the model and not painted on, so you will be able to see through them and into the cabin.

However at this time, it is stalled and shelved until i can find someone that has access to a C404 so i can get pics. I started this because i thought a local aviation company had one but when i went over for picks they didnt... but it will be done after what ive been working on for the last few weeks is done and available.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Can't wait to see some more progress. You need some photos then I will do my best. :)