My first aircraft

cobras6265

My first aircraft

Post by cobras6265 »

Hello.

This is my first post on this excellent forum and I appeal to you to give me some advice. I tell them I'm designing my first model for FS2004, a Eads / Casa 295M, using Gmax and Rhinoceros, but I have many doubts.

I need urgent help please. For example.

- How to associate an animation in Gmax FS2004.
- You need to call tick18_xxxxxxxx the animated object at the time of export to recognize the animation FS.
- How to recognize achievement fs animations, for example. landing gear, flaps, etc..

Well that would be by now.

Leave a picture of my model.

Sorry for my english

Greetings and thanks.

Tom Collins

Re: My first aircraft

Post by Tom Collins »

Sorry I can't help with your questions but that looks excellent!

cobras6265

Post by cobras6265 »

Tom Collins wrote:Sorry I can't help with your questions but that looks excellent!
Hi Tom.

Master, maybe I did not do well the questions, or my English is very bad.

Maybe you can tell me, where there is a good tutorial on this?.

Greetings.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

cobras6265 wrote:Hello.
- How to associate an animation in Gmax FS2004.
- You need to call tick18_xxxxxxxx the animated object at the time of export to recognize the animation FS.
- How to recognize achievement fs animations, for example. landing gear, flaps, etc..
A general tutorial in FS9: http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/

-To associate an animation in Gmax and make it work, you need to use nametags. There are standard names for moving parts in FS9, such as l_tire and r_tire (left and right main gear wheels), or c_gear (the leg of the centre gear), or l_aileron (left aileron). Then you animate these parts in Gmax from 0 to 100 frames. There are standard positions for each part. For example, at frame 0, your ailerons need to look as if the aircraft rolls to the left, 50 for straight, 100 for right. For gear, 0 is up, 50 is down and uncompressed, 100 is down and compressed.

-Tick18 animations are custom animations that run at 18 frames per second. If you want to make i.e. wipers in your VC, you create a dummy node named wiper_left, and then you create the wiper and name it tick_18_wiper_left, then link it to the node. You need to add a script that activates the wiper in the makemdl.parts.xml file.

-There's a list of part names in the FS2004 SDK, and in the FSX SDK (most names are the same).

Most of the things you want are in the makemodel SDK, read the relevant documents to find the names of the parts.

cobras6265

Post by cobras6265 »

Thanks Alexis.

Exactly what I meant. Great tutorial.

Greethings.

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

We certainly need a good CASA 295 for flightsim. Exciting. :D Keep on with the good work.

Xpand

Post by Xpand »

Wow! That's nice! Once I tried to do one, it went horribly wrong! Can you imagine a mix between a C295 and a C235? That's what happened... :lol: