A380 Model Livery Difference

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Keiffer94

A380 Model Livery Difference

Post by Keiffer94 »

Hi guys! Quick Question. I downloaded the New A380 VC Model (wonderful work) to test it in FSX. After I changed between the native FSX model and the New FS9 model I saw a difference in the quality of the paint. The fs9 VC model paint (Singapore Livery by Tom Collins) look much better then the same version of it with the FSX model. The fs9 version looked great with a nice shine while the FSX version looked dull. I am not questioning Toms work because he ALWAYS produces great quality paint. My question lies behind whether the model is the problem?

Tom Collins

Re: A380 Model Livery Difference

Post by Tom Collins »

Hi Keiffer94,

Any chance you could get a screenshot?

Cheers

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

Thanks Tom for your response. I took some shots showing the difference in the texture quality. After doing some test I can conclude that the model is indeed what causes the difference. I highly doubted it was your paint work because you never fail to produce quality. You would be the last person I would critique! Now to the screenshots. You really have to have a good eye to see the difference. I would expect that wont be a problem for you since your a master painter. Here goes! Pay attention to the shine.

FSX Model

FS9 Model

FSX Model

FS9 Model

The shots were taken at the same positions and time of day.

ChainChomp2

Post by ChainChomp2 »

Seems more like a model problem, I remember reading about shine being added in GMAX somewhere and I'd assume it wasn't added when it was compiled for FSX.

esg

Post by esg »

Are we talking about the specular shine? It's just that the FSX model's is sharper.

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

If it is the specular shine that makes the difference, I personally believe fs9 version looks better. Any way to change it?
By the way thanks for the help.