Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Version

RoCksTeR

Re: Support Project Airbus A318/319/320/321 FD Special Versi

Post by RoCksTeR »

Atleast can we use the plan loaded into fsx into the gauge? Like would there be an option? I can use navigraph + fsbuild to create the sid and star into fsx itself so if ur gauge can just load that plan it would be great

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Of course, you can use a flight plan loaded in FSX. this is mandatory ! You can buy FScommander, buy navigraph or all the software that you want, to build your flight plan and loaded it in FSX with this aircraft.

The flight plan edit tool is an option; You can not use it ! I have create it, because I like create my own navigation on a map (I am a sailorman). Press a button to load the data doesn't interest me. I prefer load a chart/map, and build my way.

But don't forget than a FMS has two function :
- Lateral navigation
- Verticale navigation

My priority is to finish the verticale navigation section, because it is the most difficult part to write (by create an autopilot which work at constant thrust unlike the FSX autopilot; I am not working on the the flight plan edit tool at this time (it is not completed and I have no emergency to finish it). Actually, I build the perf pages of the gauge, because the thing that not exist on freeware is a vertical navigation gauge, and the reason why I have posted this beta, is to test these function :
[*]TAKEOFF
[*]CLIMB

All the answers that I had here, no speak of this part, which is what I am writing ! I'm a little disappointed.

So ,I post an update panel that corrects bugs that I have found and with new FMA messages, and some improved function (all the selected modes work now under FMS managment) and allow to flu until the cruise level (you must desactivate the FMS to descent ).
This update include a new PFD, in high resolution, for the future A330 (lod resolution was 283x282, the new has 467x465) . I have redraw all the bitmaps. I will make the same things for the other displays (ND and ECAMS)

This update is here :
https://rapidshare.com/files/1902667326/panel.zip

This is the last update of this gauge development that I post here, because, this solution doesn't help me to write the gauge. Nobody had tell something about the takeoff and climb code, the thing that I asked.
Now, only the team members and some mebers of a french forum that help me to debug will get the updates, for their validation.

If you are motivated, send me a PM, and I will send to you the updates for testing. I need beta tester and sentiments and your help can be precious ;But, it is real job to debug and give your sentiments about the gauge and about the part that I code at this moment.

Thank you

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I`ll try this update tomorow evening. :)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi Francois,

I have problem with update.When I reached FL 290 aircraft begins to descend. (Cruising altitude FL350 or FL 370) I think it's a bug..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

effectively, there are several bugs in my update.

- the SPEED selected mode doesn't work at high altitude and occurs overspeed
- It may be a problem when passing the conjunction altitude (like you tell Airbus Fan)
- If you enter a constraint alitude in the FMS, with a restraint speed, that's doesn't works, the constraint is not captured, and the FMA messahe "NAV" flashing blue/green, and the NAV mode toggles permanently

Please, don't use this update, there is too errors.

I am working since yesterday to correct these errors.

I 'll post a fixed panel before this evening.

I am Sorry for these problems.

Too many combinations on all modes and situations; Very difficult to debug.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You upload this update with corrected bugs today?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I hope.

Errors were difficult to find. The problem is to update speed IAS versus MACH and MACH versus IAS according the altitude, that FSX doesn't. I spent my sunday to found the right code to do this function. It seems that I get the right way to the solution.

I have also improved my autopilot, that had some bugs with the conjunction altitude.

I must do some tests yet, and I think post the corrected panel in 2 or 3 hours.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here is the link to the corrected panel ; overwrrite all files.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1908826964/panel.zip

Think :
- Only take off , climb until cruise altitude works. To descent, desactivate the FMS.

All the selected mode (SPD, ALT, HDG) can be engaged with the FMS activated; They are priority.

The managed Speed is know permanently updated above the transition IAS/MACH altitude, according altitude (you can check the value on the 2D panel, with my red debug readings).

Be careful, the selected speed is the selected speed : No adaptation with altitude, so monitoring your speed at high altitude in selected speed.

some FMA messages are not in the right color; the work is not completed.

And re-change the value of "autothrottle_max_rpm=" , in the [Autopilot] section of the aircraft.cfg file , to 93 and not 96

Asterixone

Post by Asterixone »

Thank you very much for your project and your time!!! :D Don't forget to breathe time to time ;).

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

[Autopilot]autothrottle_max_rpm already is 93. There's nothing to change. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

We have found some minors bugs :
- Conjunction altitude (transition IAS/MACH) cannot be changed : I have corrected the bug
- NAV in cyan appears on the FMA on managed mode, even if you select HDG mode : bug corrected
- the control of the values "CLIMB SPEED IAS, CLIMB SPEED MACH and FLIGHT LEVEL wasn't correct : I have corrected the bug
- Acceleration altitude cannot be minus than 1200ft while THR RED altitude can be 800ft : I have corrected; now Acceleration altitude can be 800 ft
- user value of N1 for Thrust was not used by the gauge. It used the ECON value in all cases : I have corrected the bug; the gauge take the user value if entered.
- Now, the "EXPEDITE" function is activated; I am working to adjust the thrust value for this function.
- I am working to improved my climb controlers, to have a better speed hold ( at this moment, the speed is often 5 to 10 kts below the selected speed while climb.

I will post a fixed panel tomorrow.

Important : While climb with the gauge, don't accelerate the time sim, because my autopilot controlers (my PIDs equivalent) use delays functions and that can be not work properly if you accelerate time sim.

You can accelerate time sim when you are at cruise level.

Please, give me some feedback about your opinion about the gauge.

Thank you

François

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

My opinion about Your gauge is very good. :)

Are you Making these dashes in V/S?

http://postimage.org/image/dq5slq5it/ (Sorry i posted link..)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, it is not completed. So, I still have a lot of anouncements messages to create on the FMA.

I have stopped to write new code; I want debug the existing code before resume the work. Otherwise, I would be lost, and it will be too difficult to find errors.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About Navaids, I have found a free database updated for FSX : http://www.btinternet.com/~gb.mitch/index.html

I will try it this evening.

caseyfallen

Post by caseyfallen »

Hi, Awesome planes! Thank you so much for making this Freeware package. :D

I do however have two glitches to report. :/

1. My "Low Fuel" warning continues to pop up on screen. Even though I have a full tank of gas. :o

2. The texture on the bottom half of the plane is missing. I see the FSX default texture on the underneath section of the aircraft. The rest of plane appears as it should. This is only on the Airbus A320-111 CFM Air Inter F-GGEA. The rest of the included planes look perfect. ;)

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

1 . It is a mysterious that I havn't found the source. Disable the "Flying tips" in your Settings/Realism menu.

2. There are 2 possible solutions :
- A texture is missing in the Air Inter folder : Re-install the complete aircraft texture
- Check if you have in your texture folder the file "texture.cfg" with these entries :

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

esg

Post by esg »

It sounds like you've copied over A321_1_*.dds and A321_2_*.dds from the default A321 and they're taking precedence. You only need the images starting with 'Airbus_A321' for the VC.

Edit-- never mind, I've just realised that this is with the A320. No idea what's going on there.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You must have in the PA320_cfm folder, the "texture" folder with these files :

and in the "texture.fggea" folder :

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

This is the updated (0.33) panel which correct some bugs :

Panel beta 0.33 du 20 octobre

Followin points are updated
- Minimum acceleration altitude was 1200ft min , while Thrust Reduction alitude may be 800ft; I have correct ACC ALT to 800 ft min
- there was cyan NAV announcement on ground, even if LNAV was disabled or Heading mode enabled : Corrected
- There was a bug that prevent to change the conjunction altitude IAS to MACH; Now ,the box ork and you can select an altitude between 24000 and 30000 ft.
- The value enterd for Climb SPEED IAS and climb Speed mach and FLIGHT LEVEL was not controlled and vallidate; now, you cannot enter a wrong value without a message
- I have activated the "EXPEDITE" function on TAKEOFF Page, and CLIMB Page page for the most powered climb
- When you entered a user value for N1 Thrust, this value wasn't get; In all case, the ECON thrust was set ; This bug is corrected; now user N1 value are take in consideration.
- If you displayed the ARRIVAL , and after the TAKEOFF page, and if you selected the airport information by click on the departure airport name, the information displayed was those of the destination airport; this bug is corrected
- In some case, the ICAO region was false (if your airport was near a another country, because Iused the nearest intersection to detect the ICAO region code; When this bug appears, you cannot enter in the flight plan edit tool the waypoint. now, I use the nearest VOR function and the ICAO region code is right in all case
- FCU VS display show "---" in FMS managed mode
- I have change the color of the VOR on the ND map (was blue and not easy to read); Now, they are white
- I have change some parts of my xml code of my autopilot, to prevent that the throttles go to the "FLEX" detent. Better N1 value controlled by the gauge
- N1 Value wasn't right controlled by the gauge above 20000ft . I have re-write the code for a better N1 adjustment at high altitude
- Now, if you click on the F-PLN page, you have a temporary map, because I will use it to re-write the tunr anticipation function of FSX, at high speed, when the angle of the headings of two waypoints is closed, to prevent the too large tunr of the plane ( a big default of FSX).

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

For the next update :

I am changing the code to set by default the Ap engage altitude and LNAV engage altitude to 0.

If you let these value to 0, You will must engage handly the AP and the LNAV, after take-off, like real aircraft. But the autmatic function will be keep if you select a value (30ft min for the AP, and 500 ft min for the LNAV).

I work aloso on the capacity of the gauge to save the modified flight plan.

I have found a solution to manage database of SID and STAR, but as VASFMC, I must create my own database. Many work ! that it will be possible, but with the help from some members, this is possible.

it would just create a TXT files, by airports, containing the name by ICAO waypoints for SIDs and STARs. I am still thinking the file structure, but it is a possible thing to do, and could be completed progressively.
But I think we should at least a dozen people to do this job.......

I still do not feedback on the gauge; Should I conclude that you do not like ? Tell me what you don't like.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

These lines in V/S doesn't change to numbers. It's a bug or no?

EDIT: Could You add voice for example V1 callout and Rotate.. Here is just a suggestion. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Because the function is not completed, because I have some difficulties to understand how works these mixed modes.

The FCOM are not clear in this domain. THe button has 4 functions (LEVEL OFF, V/S-FPA , MAnaged or selected verticale path), but 2 postions.

normally, if you push, you Level off, but you also engae the managed mode and if you pull, you toggle the THR CLB to the SPeed mode, and the NAV mode to HDG or TRK mode. I havn't enough information to understand the multiples procedures.

The only thing that I think is this button is not 2 position switch (for me, it's impossible). The only solution that I see is this button is a button with a neutral position, and you can push or pull, but it comeback always at this neutral position.

But I am not sure.

I am stopped in my progress because this question.

If you have some informations.......

No difficulty for the V1 and rotation voice.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

My hunch was right. I just got confirmation of a pilot A320:

buttons are of type "springloaded to neutral position"

It could not be otherwise. Wanting to reproduce these features, I stumbled on this problem and I thought that the only logical explanation was that the buttons were necessarily springloaded to a neutral position

So all FSX Airbus that I know are false for these buttons !!

Now, I can write the code for the V/S knob, but the bad news is that I must change a big part of my code for the others knobs.

The project will be delayed.

cattz

Post by cattz »

A320 autoland is working well except for the long roll out and almost running out of runway :) How do I engage the reverse thrust? can't find that anywhere :/ Thank you
(load and fuel very low at touch down)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I agree that the autoloand is not perfect, because It not take in account the weight of the aircraft, so if you have an very light weight aircraft, it may refuse to touch runways. I will improve the autoland with the FMS version of the aircraft.

To engage reverse, this is the same key or joystick function that all the FSX aircrafts. The key is "F2" long pressing or joystick lever in the reverse area.

cattz

Post by cattz »

fdd_fr wrote:To engage reverse, this is the same key or joystick function that all the FSX aircrafts. The key is "F2" long pressing or joystick lever in the reverse area.
Thank you. I couldn't find it as it is listed as: 'Throttle - decrease quickly' and I was looking for reverse thrust :roll: Anyway using that is making it much better.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
I noticed that the plane gets faster in the descent. I have to use full speedbrakes to get 250ktns. Maybe you can fix that.

Neixon

Post by Neixon »

Hello ,
Recently, I started to play well in FSX and decided to download a new machine, I came across your productions that fully surprised me and it is really good.
But already after firing appeared problems:
First When I'm in the cab Press the display only the "start engine left" all the rest is blurred and are not its use "push" or anything.
Second I can not run the engines, even Using the abbreviation ctr + e. I have been grounded in the earth.
3rd The model A320-111 CFW there are no doors and wings are driven into other wings.
(I will move up picture if useful)

Performed all coy in accordance with instructions.
Please help because I really do not want to give up this package, now it is hard to find something as good.

Mario.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,
I have problem. When I'm approaching, I can't use ILS, becouse LOC, and APR buttons aren't working... And i don't know why..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Brunchy wrote:Hi Francois,
I noticed that the plane gets faster in the descent. I have to use full speedbrakes to get 250ktns. Maybe you can fix that.

Descent rate can be high at higher altitude, but you must decrease the V/S during the descent.

At 30000 ft, you can descent with 2500/3000ft/mn of V/S, but if youor are below 10000ft for example, you don't must have a V/S above 1200/1400 ft/mn, according your weight and winds. This is a normally thing.

Neixon wrote:Hello ,
Recently, I started to play well in FSX and decided to download a new machine, I came across your productions that fully surprised me and it is really good.
But already after firing appeared problems:
First When I'm in the cab Press the display only the "start engine left" all the rest is blurred and are not its use "push" or anything.
Second I can not run the engines, even Using the abbreviation ctr + e. I have been grounded in the earth.
3rd The model A320-111 CFW there are no doors and wings are driven into other wings.
(I will move up picture if useful)

Performed all coy in accordance with instructions.
Please help because I really do not want to give up this package, now it is hard to find something as good.

Mario.
Which Flight simulator version have you ?
What is your default flight ? you must create a default flight, with an aircraft on the ground, with engine stopped.

Airbus Fan wrote:Hi,
I have problem. When I'm approaching, I can't use ILS, becouse LOC, and APR buttons aren't working... And i don't know why..

You must desactivate the FMS gauge before descent.

Edit : And you must also toggle the GPS pushButton to the Nav position

Neixon

Post by Neixon »

Hi,
I have "Microsoft Flight Simulator X DELUXE" , well that is my FSX version.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Oh.. Thank You. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Neixon wrote:Hi,
I have "Microsoft Flight Simulator X DELUXE" , well that is my FSX version.
Load a flight with any aircraft, on the ground, at an airport placed in your country. Stop engines and turn off the battery. Saved this flight as "Your default flight" (there is a checkbox in the "save flight window").

After, you can load a flight with the Project Airbus modified. When the flight is loaded, wait 4 or 5 seconds, for the init of the aircraft in cold and dark state. And all must works.

Please, post some screenshots of your graphic problem.

Neixon

Post by Neixon »

Look im Load a flight and the engines and the battery is off. And i cant push any button on panel.

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/Y6KsG/erorsy2.jpg

After trying to run the engines abbreviation Shift + E. But zero reaction , only 1 engine start something but stop it.

http://speedy.sh/3ScnQ/erorsy.jpg

:( :(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Curious, it seems that some the xml gauges are not loaded.

Which aircraft ? 318, 19, 20 or 21 ?
Which version V2 or V3 ?
Which panel version ? (you have a panel version text file in the panel folder; the lastest version is 3.05).

Have you intall the aircraft in its own folder (not in a standard Project Airbus folder) ?

Have you follow step by step the install instruction ? copy the callout gauge .....

Can you post here a [Fltsim] of your aircraft.cfg and your panel.cfg ?

This is the first time that I see someone with this problem.

Neixon

Post by Neixon »

It's a plane Airbus A320-214 CMF.
I downloaded " AIRCRAFT INSTALLATION Project Airbus A320 FD special version v3"
Panel version A320_FD.cab Version 3.05 7 july 2012.

The individual steps of my installation:
1.Unzip
2. Copy the "Effects " folder in the "Effects" FSX folder.
3. Copy the "Gauges" ( « callout_sound.dll » file ) in FSX "Gauges".
4. Copy the Sound folders.
5. Copy "PA320FD_CFM" and "PA320FD_IAE" folders in the "SimObjects\Airplanes" in FSX.

Here is the:

http://speedy.sh/8ARm2/panel.cfg

http://speedy.sh/5MT4q/Aircraft.cfg
For me, this is too weird.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Neixon,

Your aircraft version is right. I don't understand what's happens. Aircraft works perfectly for Thousands of users. Have you create a default flight on ground, with engines stopped and battery off (with the B737 for example).

If you default flight is "Friday harbor" (the FSX default flight) yet, This may occurs a problem, because this default flight is with an aircraft airborne.

Try this

Sorry

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

And some news of the FMS panel version.

I am near to complete the part of the gauge which has to function to save the edited flight plan in the FSX .pln format. That's work , and FSX can load my flight plan; but I finish to test. There will be the possibility to save SID and STAR to create your own database, per airport.

I havn't progressed on the autopilot knob, because, I read the FCOM documentation (800 pages !). so be patient.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

We are patient. :)

Neixon

Post by Neixon »

I'm trying to come to terms what is wrong.
Turn on the FSX aircraft and choose his place. This saves. Entering turn off motors and batteries. And its not work.

Maybe some more concrete action?
Plx?
Plx?
:(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am sorry Neixon, but I have no idea where is your problem.
ave you installed SP1 and SP2 for FSX ?

I go to New York for a week. I don't know if I will get an internet connection in my hotel.

See you later.

Francois

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Enjoy your holiday francois

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

fdd_fr wrote:I am sorry Neixon, but I have no idea where is your problem.
ave you installed SP1 and SP2 for FSX ?

I go to New York for a week. I don't know if I will get an internet connection in my hotel.

See you later.

Francois
Good luck with the mess that's up there right now!

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois,
Is there a way to deactivate the automatic rolling on IDLE?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Snow storm at JFK yesterday. All flights cancelled.

We wait an aircraft to come back to France.

I will answer as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Why wing and other lights doesn't works with DirectX 10?

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Airbus Fan wrote:Why wing and other lights doesn't works with DirectX 10?
This is a DX10 issue. On Avsim, here is a relevant forum: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/569-dx-10- ... -and-help/
There are links to fixes in the threads there.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I am come back.
Brunchy wrote:Hi Francois,
Is there a way to deactivate the automatic rolling on IDLE?

This is a real data of A320 Airbus, when the aircraft is not full loaded. If you don't brake, the aircraft roll at idle power.

Brunchy

Post by Brunchy »

Hi Francois maybe you can add a tail view from the rudder or a nose gear cam?
And when comes the next update?

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Brunchy wrote:Hi Francois maybe you can add a tail view from the rudder or a nose gear cam?
And when comes the next update?
If you have seen the Stefan Liebe model, download it, open the aircraft.cfg, and replace the [cameras] section in the Francois aircraft.cfg with the [cameras] section of the Stefan Liebe one. I tried this out a long time ago, and it ports over perfectly.