PA A318/19/20/21 special version With S.Liebe Panel Adapt

fdd_fr

PA A318/19/20/21 special version With S.Liebe Panel Adapt

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I am french, so excuse me for my bad english.

I realized a merger between Project Airbus A318 with defaut FSX airbus VC and the A32x stefan Liebe Panel, with lots of changes this to work.

I had the permissions Project Airbus and Stefan Liebe, and Doug Dawson for this work and now I can present it.

Why I propose this package ?

The Stefan Liebe Panel brings many new features :

New features
• TOGA mode is operational with button on 2D throttle window or by programing key
• Autobrake function is operational, in VC and 2D gear window or by programing keys or axis (5 positions : Off, RTO, Low, Med, High)
• Autoflare function ; This is an Auto landing fully operational with with vocal altitude annunciator, auto-armed Spoiler,shutdown throttle at 20ft, spoiler retractation à 55 kts and AP disarmed at 20kts (Callout voice for altitude made by Doug Dawson; gauge include)
• SFCC : Flaps partially controled by the aircraft
• Active Checklist in real time on the secondary Ecam Screen with all flight step

News on screens
• PFD indicates speed information for slats and flaps, V1,Vr to Take OFF and Vref to Landing
• ASI show maximum speed and minimum speed in all configurations with weight, flaps configuration
• Show Decision Height and can be set with mouse
• TOGA mode and CaT ILS information
• MFD has a corrected speed direction bug
• Ecams shows new informations and true positions of the slats and flaps
• Primary Ecams show information and warnings in all step of flight
• All frames of ECAMS 2 are functionals with Temps and times information
• ECAMS2 has a checklist function with multi mode (gate to dept, Taxi, Take Off, climb, descent landing)
• Checking weight (Take off and landing)
• and others ....

See the "Stefan Liebe" readme file and "the francois dore panel " readme file in Panel Folder for more information !

I have fixed and added some parameters in the Aircraft.cfg :

• Weight and Balance modified with offical Airbus Data sheet A318-100 WV004 version
• see offical "Caracteristiques_Airbus_A318.pdf" in the "documentation" folder
• A/THR power corrected
• Fuel pump activated
• Hydraulic pump Activated
• Analogic Speedmeter and altimeter activated
• Flaps parameters adapted for compatibility with stefan Liebe panel
• [exits] section completed
• Modified view

in some circumstances and when I use
• I have added a day light for the VC, because I found it to dark in some condition (begin or end of the day and when you use the software "Shade" that increase contrast and darker the VC when your are face to sun.This light is activated by the 3 position of overhead cockpit light switch.
• I have added [gpws] section with parameters to cancel some FSX warnings against the Doug Dawson "Callout"
system
• Etc ......

Project Airbus Team thank you to you for giving me permission to publish this work. And special thanks for Derek Mayer for his time.

Think that the Panel is Copyrighted by Stefan Liebe and many thanks to him for his permission
And many thanks to Doug Dawson for his permission

Please, note that this version is only for FSX and works with SP2 and acceleration pack.

Don't install this special version in the same folder of an existing Project Airbus A318; Many files are differents !!!!!

Now, you can download this version, called " Project Airbus A318 Special version" on AVSIM site. There is two zip file :

- the main is the aircraft pack, called "PA318fd.zip"
- the second is a small update of 3 files, called "update_1.2__pa318fd.zip"

You can download here (if you have an AVSIM account) :

- Base pack ----> http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=165511

- Update 1.2 ----> http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=165748

Thank you for your feedback, because I would like to do the same work with A319/A320 and A321.

For support, questions and feedback, you can post on this specific topic ----> http://www.pairbus.com/discussion/viewt ... f=6&t=1942

Fdd_fr
Francois Dore

fdd_fr

Re: PA A318/19/20/21 special version With S.Liebe Panel Adap

Post by fdd_fr »

After this first version of the A318, I created a new version of the PA A319, with many new features. 2 months of work, with debugging with the members of the french forum http://www.pilote-virtuel" (because I am french).

- I have improved the SFCC (slats & flaps computer controler) and the autolanding function of the A318 special version
- I have created a Vertical navigation gauge which manage climb (like a FMC) with pre-programmed data, according the weight of the aircraft and altitude. This can be run at take off or in flight, as any time you want. It can be use under ATC (fsx or Network) control.
- I Have modiifed the autopilot for a constant Mach climb above 25000ft, which prvent overspeed. It work in real mach with constant control of the speed, with a transition altitude IAS/mach at 25000ft.
- I have improved the autolanding function for a smoother landing with best rounding.
- I have edited and modified the original A321 VC file for activate the 5th position of the ND selector (position PLN) which display now a terrain radar map with Ai traffic in real time.
- I have added may small information on PFD and ND like the real Airbus
- I have added a fight plan page which display the waypoints in real time
- I have added an information page about the airport destination with altitude, radio frequencies, runways, ILS frequencies
- and other things .....there is a user manual in english and in french which describe all new features.

some screenshots of these new function :

radar in VC

Radar popup

VC Day lighting when you use shade or for the begining or end of the day when the dashboard is too dark

Multipage Checklist interactive

Flaps and slats max speed on ASI, Vref green dot on ASI, adjustable Decision height on ILS landing etc ...

Flight plan page on ND which refresh automatically during the flight

Destinaation airport information page on ND

Complete Ecam information with true postion of slats & flaps

PFD with Vr magenta dot (rotation speed according weight and flaps position), true "THR CLB" mode managed by my Vnav Gauge and TOGA mode

and many other features describe in user manual. You can this aircraft.

You can downloaded this aircraft on AVSIM; Foloow this link : http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=167176

Many thaks to the Project Airbus Team who permit to me to create this porject, and I hpe that you will be enjoy with it and excuse me for my basd english.

For support, questions and feedback, you can post on this specific topic ----> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1942

I will update the A318 with all these features, and also the A320 and A321.

Thank you for your feedback.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No opinion about my version of this aircraft ?

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

I haven't used it yet but my opinion: Join the PA team.

You make such good panels (and guages)!! But I think the A380 needs one more desparately ;)!

Keep up the good work!!

kremin

Post by kremin »

Thanks very much Francois - I haven't got deeply into it yet but it looks really good so far - much appreciate your work.

best regards
Rick Canham
South Australia

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you very much, Feel free to tell me if there are things that you do not like

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

A318v2 and A320v2 will be ready tonight. I will upload on Avsim.

A321v2 will be ready next week.

The family will be complete.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The A318 FD Special version V2 is on line on AVSIM library : Airbus A318 FD Special Version V2

With the same functions of the A319.

Good flight

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have finished and uploaded the A320 on AVSIM, with IAE and CFM version (specific aircraft.cfg and sound for each engine)

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search

Here, the 3 aircrafts finished (A318 A319 A320)

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root

good flight !

hely1992

Post by hely1992 »

Hi!

Is it possible to include less liveries? The size is really,really huge, making it difficult for me as I am using the 3G network/School network, both pay for bytes!
I think 2 or 3 is enough, really.

Nevertheless, a million of thanks for the amazing series!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi hely,

I will create packs, without textures and It will be lighter.

hely1992

Post by hely1992 »

That will be great, Thanks a lot!

Daniel_csr

Post by Daniel_csr »

Grear work, but some buttons in the VC ain't working!
-> Speed - HDD -Alt, not klickable

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Daniel_csr wrote:Grear work, but some buttons in the VC ain't working!

Read the user manual daniel, AP buttons (Speed, HDG, ALT) must be engaged by right click mouse, but Setting (+/-) is always by left click mouse. It is more ergonomic in VC mode.

Daniel_csr

Post by Daniel_csr »

fdd_fr wrote:
Daniel_csr wrote:Grear work, but some buttons in the VC ain't working!

Read the user manual daniel, AP buttons (Speed, HDG, ALT) must be engaged by right click mouse, but Setting (+/-) is always by left click mouse. It is more ergonomic in VC mode.
Already tried rightclicking those buttons to activate them. Ain't working for me, too. Nor in the VC nor the 2d panel ...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The 3 aircrafts have been downloaded more than 8000 and your are the first to report to me this problem; When I have developed these aircrafts, there was more than twenty "beta-tested" guy on the french forum "pilote-virtuel.com" and nobody has been this problem.

Re try , but there is no reason that it dosen't work.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Some news of the aircrafts series.

Some minors bugs have been reported to me by mail by user, so , I am working for an update and I am working also on the A321.

I have change the organisation of the first post of the support topic http://www.pafs.wf/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1942 to give fresh informations about all the series. please, see it.

The minors bugs are describe and I have found the solutions.

The future update (V2.1) must be ready for the end of the month.

This new version of the panel will include a real management of fuel system for each aircraft. I am working hard on this new gauge that I have created with the A321 version and I expect that it will give you some enjoy.

At this time, aircraft burns fuel from wings to center tank (defaut FSX management) and it is unrealistic.

Like real planes, this new version of the panel fuel will burn with center tank in first, until a reserve level, and after on the wings tank. Pumps, engines fuel valve and crossfeed valve will active. So, if you will have a engine failed, you will can cut off the feed of this failed engine and select the tank to feed the remaining engine , with the pumps, valves selectors and crossfeed valve.
The fuel page of Ecam will show the true sheme of fuel system.

I will post when this updates will be ready

For cons, I am disappointed that so little feedback, whether you like these planes or not.

CelMcN

Post by CelMcN »

Thank you for the good work. These have now become my favourites. I particularly like the plan option where you can see the position of your aircraft for intercepting the ILS localizer without having to open the GPS panel as a separate window. Noted some people don't want all the liveries (A-318 especially) in one download but I was pleased because it included all the Frontier Airlines variants.

Flightsimmer

Post by Flightsimmer »

I enjoyed the A318, with is complete with Frontier A318 fleet. Great for Frontier fans.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

Thanks again for the nice work. But I only have FSX SP1 (due to the fact the all sorts of problem arises with the PA380 FS9 VC if I upgrade it to SP2), would everything still work fine? Also, where can I download the model+panel+sound only package? 184MB is too much as I'm using mobile internet.... Thanks a lot again :)!

ChainChomp2

Post by ChainChomp2 »

Not sure how I didn't find this before, this is spectacular! Thanks for sharing!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you very much for feedback.

I am working hard on the A321 version that will offer new features.....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello ladies & gentlemen,

I present you my actual work on the new features of the A321 Panel :

Hydraulic function are activate (buttons, pumps and circuits)

New Fuel system gauge which manage tanks & fuel circuits like the real aircraft:

Engines are feed by center tanks in first until a reserve and toggle automatically to wings tanks

Fuel Page, at departure : Cyan color indicate isolate tanks, green color show tank in use

Fuel page after centers tanks arrived in reserve :
when wings tanks are empty, by open the crossfeed valve, you can use center tanks reserve

If an engine is failed, toggle starter pump to isolate engine
but, the engine right feed fuel only to the right wings. Level between left et right tanks will unbalance

By open the crossfeed valve (CTR), right engine feed feul from the two wings.

By cut off the right fuel pump, with the crossfeed open, right engine feed fuel from left wing for rebalance the two wings level
All configuration of pumps, valves, tanks is possible.

Now, I am working on BLEED system for real engines start procedure, and pressurization and DE-icing wings

See the new BLEED page of ECAM2, with engine start procedure

1 Avionics on line

2 Start 'APU . APU BLEED is pressure before APU Valve

3 - Turn the overhead Knob selector on APU Source : APU circuit is under pressure

4 - Press APU feed button, Pressure go to left engine for start (Crossfeed valve isolate right engine)

5- You can now start left engine - IP Pressure increase

6 - Set the knob selector on "ENGS" position - That's open the crossfeed valve to send pressure to right engine
You can now start the right engine

7 - Right engine is started - all circuit is under pressure

8 - Set the knob selector on "shut" or "auto" position to closed the crossfeed valve. YOu can cut off APU. Circuit is feeded by engines.

What do you think about this job ?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Keep it up... I already see you getting enough of XML and switching to C/C++

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello ,

As you know, I work on a future version of the A321, as much as possible with real elements

I work with a small group of beta tester friends.

To date, all changes that I made on my xml code worked perfectly.
However, since yesterday, while adding new features to the secondary ECAM (Bleed page) secondary, a bug appeared, but not for everyone.

One in two, no longer display the ECAM secondary while on my two computers it works perfectly. I do not get it.

So I need a beta tester, trying to figure out where the problem.

Here is the link to download the aircraft ----> https://rapidshare.com/files/3460494282 ... ta_2.3.zip

Tou have a small install.txt file for guide you.

And I have put in the aircraft folder, the user manual of my A320 that is near this a321 version.

Please help me to find the bug.

I would like just you tell me if when you load the aircraft, you see the secondary ECAM (The lower), with fuel, bleed, engines, checklist page.

Tell me if you see it or not, and tell me which version of wondows, FSX you have.

Normally, aircraft works only with FSX SP2 or acceleration

I don't undertand why the aircraft works for me and some user and not for others.

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The file that appears to pose a problem for some people is B_ECAMS2.xml.

it works for some and not in other.

thank you for your feedback

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

An AVSIM simer has found the problem ! Just a "Bold font" argument which doesn't work in some case for unknown reason (this argument is allowed in the offcial microsoft SDK ! )

Here, is the file corrected : https://rapidshare.com/files/51220886/B_ECAMS2.xml

Many thanks to TravisG from AVSIM !

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hello Francois,
I hope all is well with you. These screenshots look really good and I'm looking very much forward to v2.1 and the A321. I must say that I too am surprised that you have not received more comments about your project - I'm afraid that many simmers are not serious enough to spend the time with accurate and realistic simulations like this one. Anyway I hope the next instalment is just around the corner ;)
Please keep up the great work.

best regards
Rick Canham
South Australia

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Kremin,

Thank yo for your message; It's true That I am disappointed by the lack of response about my project. But that no stop me in my works. The guys of the french forum http://www.pilote-vituel.com have help me with many of their times to debug this new version of the A321.

And I can tell you that the aircraft is finish and works perfectly. I am writing the english user manual ( a great challenge for me !) and I think that the aircraft will be online this weekend.

This new versions has :
- 100% real cold & dark start situation
- Real fuel manaement
- 100 % real engine startup procedure with all the bleed circuit in function
- All the bleeds, x-bleed, crossfeed, pumps, valves works like in reality
- 2 Fly by wire mode (diract law et normal law)
- I have ehanced the ND display in NV mode and ARc mode with TCAS and best display of the flight plan qith all waypoints or Final procedure
- real managementof engine fire
- and many other small features
- I have corrected the bug between the 2D overhead panel et the VC view of the overhead about the X-bleed selector position (error between "shut" and "auto" postion)
- all the overhead switch are functional !

some examples

I have created the bitmaps for the BLeed page with all real animantion. in this example, this is the situation to start engine left, with pressurized air of the right engine if APU is failed

Fuel real fuel system
Hydraulic function are activate (buttons, pumps and circuits)

New Fuel system gauge which manage tanks & fuel circuits like the real aircraft:
Engines are feed by center tanks in first until a reserve and toggle automatically to wings tanks
Fuel Page, at departure : Cyan color indicate isolate tanks, green color show tank in use

Fuel page after centers tanks arrived in reserve :
when wings tanks are empty, by open the crossfeed valve, you can use center tanks reserve

If an engine is failed, toggle starter pump to isolate engine
but, the engine right feed fuel only to the right wings. Level between left et right tanks will unbalance

By open the crossfeed valve (CTR), right engine feed feul from the two wings.

By cut off the right fuel pump, with the crossfeed open, right engine feed fuel from left wing for rebalance the two wings level
All configuration of pumps, valves, tanks is possible.

- fire alam and real engine fire procedure ( extinguishers and crossbleed management)

- FBW with 2 mode : Normal law & Direct law like

- New ehanced features on the ND with TCAS, more displyed informations, like name ICAO of airport, or GPS approach like this

All the waypoints on the ND display

Ai aircraft on the ND with 2 different symbol according the scale.

In 10 and 20NM scale, you have the ILS Flags, and the runways orientation.

100% real Cold & Dark Statut at startup

And many other things that is too long to describe. The user manual has 60 pages with many screenshots.
This is some pilots who explain to me the systems. I think I was up to the development of systems of this aircraft ( with my xml knowledge). It simply lacks a FMC, but I have ehanced my VNAV gauge that can be replaced the FMC and I have ehanced the autolanding function.

I think that you wil have the link to download the package this saturday.

I hope that some user will send some feedback. I have past 300 hours on this aircraft.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Nice job man, I always like these kind of updates from the community. It's truely and undertake and you're getting there. For an FMC, with some xml skillz, you can map a button to the GPS but it's not so easy, yet, I heard it's possible.

Keep us updated,

Regards

Steve

Post by Steve »

Anyone else had the chance to try this out? Any additional bugs to report? I have had the chance to spend some time messing with this upgrade and have to say that its a BIG improvement and makes it more fun to fly. Have to say "thanks" to Francois for his time in doing this.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Many thanks Gary and Steve. I love the Project Airbus production and it's my motivation to work on your aircrafts ! there are the best freeware in my point of view, and it is a pleasure to work on it.

I had just to upload on AVSIM library, the final version of this A321 with complete user manual in english and in french. When AVSIM will validated my upload, I will post the link to the package.

I hope that you will like the aircraft .

Francois

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

No problems so far. That Radar in the MFD view is absolutly Superb, use that all the time now! if there was a way to deactivate the terrain on it or to darken it would be some worth while fine tuning... but like i said... thats only fine tuning and me being fussy ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Brett-hill,

The final version of the A321 is now available on AVSIM and you have now all the same informations on the MFD in ARC mode and NAV mode that with the RAdar terrain, but with the dark blue screen. So, you would must be satisfy with this new function.

So , this is the link to download the A321 V3 on AVSIM :

AIRBUS A321 FD Special version V3 sur AVSIM - Pack complet CFM + IAE (with 5 liveries)

Please, read the user manual in each aircraft folder (there are English and French version of this user manual). It is essential because many new feature to know.

I recall the impotaant new features of this V3 :
- Improved MFD (ND) display with TCAS, airports informations, detailled GPS route with GPS approach for example, all the waypoints of the GPS route, two ILS flegs representation according the scale, filterd airport display (only towered and hard runwau airport with their ICAO name and other functions ......
- 100% real cold & dark aircraft State at the beginning of a flight.(real manual engines startup and manual activation of the ircraft systems
- 100% real engines startup manual procedure with all the bleed circuit
- Bleed circuit 100% functional, with new BLEED page on the lower ECAM, with all swithes and functions work. this is the great new of this version with the manual engines startup.
- I have kept also the automatic engines startup function (with CTRL+E) but I have coded all the animations for the switches and the Bleed page on the lower ECAM.
- New fuel system management, like a real aircraft with all valves, pumps and Crossfeed function work, with reserve system, low level fuel alarm, real scheme to feed engines (from center tanks to wings tanks) , new Fuel ECAM page , managed by a new gauge
- Ehanced Fly By Wire function with two modes : "NORMAL LAW" and "DIRECT LAW"
- corrected the bug about the position of the X-BLEED selector between the 2D panel view and the VC view
- Real data for the weights, engines power (IAE and CFM version)
- Management for the different engine failures (oil leak, lubrification ) with sound alarm and ECAM messages
- improved constant mach Autopilot with correct bug when you load a saved flight at high altitude
- Improved VNAV (verticale navigation function) with best control of system before engage it
- all the switches work in the cockpit
- Now, the daylight virtual cockpit is operate by a specific switch; It is now totally independant of the cabin light switch.
- and many other things that is too long to describe.....

You can see on the previous post, some screenshots for these new functions, but some of them have been improved.

I think that this version is now the A321 freeware the most complete and the nearest of the real aircraft.

I hope that you'll like it.

Think that if you have problems, I have created a support topic here ---> http://www.pafs.wf/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1942

Thank you

Francois

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

with your capability you can make alot of the default aircraft more like what they should have been. maybe you should look at enhancing more gauges like you have done here ;)

CelMcN

Post by CelMcN »

I'd like to say many thanks for the revised A-321 and, with even more cockpit enhancements! I especially like the default cold and dark start along with the ability to have more controlled engine management.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you very much for your messages !

I have added a link in the AVSIM page with a new english user manual, because 2 pictures hasn't displayed correctly with the user manuel of the pack.

If you are any problem with the aircraft, let me know.

Have a good flight.

Francois

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Francois,
Bravo - formidable! I'm waiting for the v3 updates for 318/319/320 before making some comments - but don't worry they will be about minor problems I have found so far.

best regards
Rick Canham
South Australia

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks Kremin,

they will come in a few days ( i think at this end of this week for the A318).

Regards
Francois

Ghostmaster

Post by Ghostmaster »

I love this project. So much improvement from the default system. Good job Francois. Keep it up.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Many thanks Ghostmaster !

I hope that you enjoy to fly with it.

Some users report to me that they are the pusback' turn (right or left) function that don't work with this aircraft and they can open only the main door (not cargo or others doors).

Please, to you, users of this aircraft, can you tell me if these functions work or not on your computer ? On my computer, all work well, so I don't understand what can be happens.

Thank you for your feedback.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks to the member of FSdeveloper.com who help me to find the bug. Now, I know where is the problem and I am working on a panel update that I will publush within 24 hours;

Look at my support thread in the support ssection for more information.

Francois.

iFlysimX

Post by iFlysimX »

AMAZING!!

larsli

Post by larsli »

Just wanted to say thank you for this fantastic project! These planes are so much fun to fly. The wing view is almost like sitting in the real thing on take offs. :-)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you very much !

I am working on a new ehanced version with a simplified FMS, and real verticale navigation function; You can follw the progress here - > viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1942&start=100

And I search beta tester, to find the bugs in this project.

If your are interesting, let me know and I will prepare a complete package of the project that you will can download.

Francois

larsli

Post by larsli »

Hi! I installed the 0.36 panel, but I'm not in any way an expert with flight systems (just really like to pretend to be flying :)) so I'm really not sure what "bugs" I should look for. Anything special?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Larsi,

Thank you for try the panel, but this thread is for the existing A32x V3 aircrafts.

The Thread about FMS project is here ---> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1942&start=300

And the beta 0.36 of the panel is for a specific A320 pack fit to work with the FMS.

Be careful to not mix the aircrafts versions and panels, because they will not work properly.