Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

markm24

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by markm24 »

Project Airbus must resume its work for the A320 family VC. Francois really did an amazing job about the gauges and FDE's. If they were incorporated in the VC of PA320, imagine the result? Just a thought, guys. BTW francois, any plans for PA380 gauges and FDE?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

beta 0.72 works fine, just the APU sound loudness should be slightly reduced IMHO.

One small improvement would be fine, if the frequency selector on the VC freqeuncy selector
panel below the FMC can also directly be toggled, please see pic below.
The 2D freq. panel works fine, but the VC option would be as an alternative favourable too.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulfbindewald ,

I cannot do anything for these problem, because it is an error in code of the MDL file of the Miscrosoft VC. There is no solution ; I am sorry. We cannot change anything in a MDL file 'because the file size change and after it was unsuable.

I have just fixed the problem of the ND mode sleector, because in the original file, you cannot select the PLN position. I have changed the value in the MDL file with an hexadecimal editor, but the operation was simple (change a "3" by a "4".)

About the radio tune knob, this is the mouse areas that aren't coded in the MDL file. I can't repair.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Got my issues sorted with the Aerosoft Airbus, after a complete re-install of FSX ( I had made a mess of it). Can't wait to try out this new panel, I will install tomorrow and use it exclusively until you finalize it Francois. Thanks again! A work of art man. Even terrain!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

many thanks !

I am very close of the final version...I think all will ready in march.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi there,

beta 0.72: One thing discovered, that the glass displays when cliqued to windowed mode can not be scaled.
A correction is appreciated.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulf,

It is volontary that the popup windows of galss panel are no sizeable, because, that occurs bugs with mouse area detection.

But I can change these size : You think that there are too large or too small ?

An little update of the panel :

Panel 0.73 CFm & IAE

- New formula to calculate the Vref and the VAPP (my old formula had a error in the wind component calculation).
Now, the VAPP = VREF + ( 5 kts or 1/3 of the wind component in the front axis of the aircraft, with a minimum a 5 kts and a maximum of 15 kts) according the real Airbus data.
- Better smoothness in the pitch change in the first part of the climb.
- I have began to write the new STATUT page on the secondary ECAM. It is a the palce of the old checklist, and updated wiith the flight phases. Just the take off and initial climb for the moment.

Can you tell me what is your opinion about this Statut page and if I must continue like this.

This is the last thing to do and the panel and the aircraft will be completed !

Thanks for your feedback.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 16 Feb 2014, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

PA A330-300 fly with FD-FMC ;)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think this page is usefull, and it's needed for more realistic flying.. Everything is up to you.
fdd_fr wrote:PA A330-300 fly with FD-FMC ;)
What do you mean with this? That your panel will be for PA330 too?
Last edited by Airbus Fan on 16 Feb 2014, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

thanks for the quick reply.
Enclosed the glass panels beta 0.72 Version, which IMHO shows an glass panel oversize.
The former solution was easy to scale and arrange accordingly.
BTW I had never a mouse problem in the past while adjusting and resizing the glass panels.

I think that each panel user will have different preferences in scaling.
There might be also a correlation from the chosen zoom-factor and chosen WideViewAspect=true or false
So my prefernce would be to get it as shown in the pic (I am using WVA=true , 55 inch Monitor).

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf,

I will prepare to you a modified panel.cfg, with the same gauge size of the old V3;

As I have drew the new gauge in HD (new original size is 475x477 pixels) I thought that was better to increase the size. My eyes havn't 20 years old ;(

Airbusfan, maybe a surprise in 1 hour.........

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I like surprises. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If the members of the team want that I remove this video, I will delete it :

Takeoff with full load of the A330-300 with FD-FMC and the my old A321 VC modified : http://youtu.be/ITOFh8vkzPw

Select full screen then select manually HD1080P in the bottom right settings of youtube.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 16 Feb 2014, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Nice! PA330 looks like the payware aircraft! Thank you for this video. :)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

regarding glass panel scaling: I have only chosen A319 V3 for the pics above, because I had this "old" version still on my computer.
The ability to properly scale up and down was also possible since beta 0.71.
To prevent any misunderstanding: So I would prefer to get the latest panel version but for sure optional with the ability to scale the glass panels.

Thanks a lot for Your effort!

Wulf

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Nice work

Question tho, since the Fmc setup is primarily for FSX what will the FS9 users use....do I see a setup for fs9 as well :p

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

regarding glass panel scaling: I have only chosen A319 V3 for the pics above, because I had this "old" version still on my computer.
To prevent any misunderstanding: So I would prefer to get the latest panel version but for sure optional with the ability to scale the glass panels.

Wulf
Wulf, edit your panel.cfg.file and go to the section [Window07] to [Window11]
If you see the line "sizeable=0", replace by "sizeable=1" or if the line doesn't exist, create this line (sizeable=1)
save your file
After, you will can resize the popup glass panel windows.

777beats340 wrote:Nice work

Question tho, since the Fmc setup is primarily for FSX what will the FS9 users use....do I see a setup for fs9 as well :p
I am so sorry, but I use for this panel the XML code only FSX SP2 compliant. This panel will not work with FS9 or FSX alone. Only FSX SP2 or Acceleration pack or PREP3D.

Sorry, but many GPS macros (about the TAWS or other functions) are not compatible with FS9.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

Wulf
Wulf, edit your panel.cfg.file and go to the section [Window07] to [Window11]
If you see the line "sizeable=0", replace by "sizeable=1" or if the line doesn't exist, create this line (sizeable=1)
save your file
After, you will can resize the popup glass panel windows.

777beats340 wrote:Nice work

I am so sorry, but I use for this panel the XML code only FSX SP2 compliant. This panel will not work with FS9 or FSX alone. Only FSX SP2 or Acceleration pack or PREP3D.

Sorry, but many GPS macros (about the TAWS or other functions) are not compatible with FS9.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

First Autoland, but too much wind not in the axis and many crazy AI aircraft !

All managed by the FMC with FreeNav Db group data (LFPO Paris Orly STAR and ILS 24 Approach )

http://youtu.be/S6RPvsD4LCI
toggle in full screen and select HD1080p

I must work the flare !

Lot of job to adapt the the FMC.....

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

sizeable glass panels beta 0.73
".......Wulf, edit your panel.cfg.file and go to the section [Window07] to [Window11]
If you see the line "sizeable=0", replace by "sizeable=1" or if the line doesn't exist,
create this line (sizeable=1) save your file.
After, you will can resize the popup glass panel windows......"

It works! Really simple to adjust and worth to include and explain this option in your upcoming handbook. I am happy again.
[Window08] to [Window11] adjusted.
[Window07] not adjusted at first, as there was no line (sizeable=....). Which panel is meant here in the VC?

Wulf

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Hehe, nice video Francois. I want AI behavior as realistic as possible and that surely isn't it! I do have a question though about the approaches. Is the FMC coded strictly for stable approach or is there an option for decelerated approaches?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Fliptod,

Approaches are coded in the airports data files that we write with FreeNav DB group. FD-FMC execute the approach according the data write in the file (in managed mode), but you can toggle in selected mode and choose your speed or ALT as you want.

All the SID , STAR and Approaches of the database airports are coded according the official AIP charts of each airport. We follow all the speed and altitude constraint of the charts. But these files are not updated each month like real AIRAC; But they include all the real data for 2013/2014.

Everybody can create these data files. I have wrote a user manual to create these files; You need only EXCEL or an other software that can produce CSV files, and PLAN-G that is a fantastic free software to get the world map through FSX.

Here is a coded approach file of the video : ILS runway 24 of LFPO - Paris Orly from the IAF MOLBA (STAR PIBAT7W.MOLBA ):

Code: Select all

24,ILS,7,1,V,LF,,MLN,,,7000,230,0,,,,,2,W,LF,LFPO,PO610,,,3000,230,0,,,,,3,U,,,RM288,48.7539253,2.85575867,3000,210,0,,,,,4,W,LF,LFPO,CI24,,,3000,185,0,,,,,5,U,,,FAF24,48.796461223,2.53423691,3000,0,0,,,,,6,W,LF,LFPO,FI24,,,1600,0,0,,,,,7,R,LF,LFPO,RW24,,,1200,0,0,,,,
In this line, the FMC has all the information to manage the speed and the altitude to land.
Don't be afraid. I have a EXCEL form that is very simple to use to write the data. The most difficult thing is to read properly the AIP charts. But it is very exciting to create this database.

My next job is to search the charts about San Marteens, a lovely airport with a beautiful scenery of Fly Tampa

We have realized some airports with difficult approaches ; for example : Innsbruck, Madeira, Aspen Co/Sardy, or Nice LFMN, with the 22L/22R appraoches that are very stressful !

A330 is too big for Innsbruck, but with the A320, this is a challenge !

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Yes, I am just about ready. I needed to be able to see it all in action first, to understand what I was doing. I made many flights from KATL/KDCA so I'll begin on those, some day. I have been unusually busy lately not even able to fly much.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I you want, I can create the datafile for KATL and KDCA.

So, can you wait one or two weeks, because I work today on EDDM . the most actual German Airports of the Database have only SID for the moment and some with errors, so I correct and add STAR and Approaches and I work on the same time to finish the A320 panel and adapt the panel to the A330.

So, I complete EDDM (I will finish at the end of the week) and I will create KATL and KDCA. :)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You're adapting panel with default a321 panel or to the new PA panel/VC?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The new PA VC is not completed, so for the time being, I use the A321 VC with my set of gauge.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

That would be great Francois, but you have already done so much, I would hate to interrupt your work over something I may be able to do myself.

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Hi there!

On your last panel update (v0.73) only on the CFM version when i am on the cockpit (F10) on the top left corner there are some red words about the air etc and they are a bit annoying! I don't have this issue on IAE version (v0.73) and i didn't had it on the previous panel versions both on IAE & CFM! Any help how to get rid of that?

Thanks!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

This is by debug gauge. You can disable it :

Edit the Panel.cfg file with a text editor and at the begining of the file, see the [Window00] section; the last line of this section is :
Gauge22=A320_FMS!Debug, 1,1,600,200
Add 2 "/" characters at the begining of the line as follow :
//Gauge22=A320_FMS!Debug, 1,1,600,200
Save the file

The debug gauge will be disable.

Francois

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Solved!

Thanks man! I am looking forward for your FMC 321 panel!

Thanks!

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Francois, had an odd thing happen, not really sure how to report it. I was going to make a flight from KSEA/KLAS. One of the waypoints looked out of place but I thought it might be because trying to gain altitude over the mountains. When it looked like I was going to clear, I deleted the waypoint. As soon as I did, I could not make the flightplan active again. Ended up over on my side 90 degrees and nose down. Not really sure what happened but I assumed that to delete one waypoint would make the next one active?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Flitpod,

KSEA is one of the first airport that we have realized (and only the SID) so, maybe there is some error in waypoints. I am working of the first aiports of the database to correct them but I have not yet work on KSEA.

This is the same thing for German airports, that have some errors on SID (Airports in green in the KMZ file for google earth). This is the reason why I work to fix and update these first realisations that were not perfect)

Normally, you can delete a waypointof a SID (not for STAR or Approach) , with 2 conditions
- This waypoint must be not the active waypoint when you delete it (because in this case, when you delete the active waypoint, FSX reset the flight plan and the first waypoint of the flight plan become the active waypoint). But if you open the FMS page, and slect the F-PLAN page, you have on the map, on the upper right, 2 areas "WPT+" and "WPT-", that allow to change the current active waypoint (by increment or decrement) . So when you have deleted your waypoint, the current active Waypoint was returned to the first waypoint (Departure airport); by clicking on the "WPT+" you can change the active waypoint to avoid the aircraft comeback.

With this "button" you can "jump" a waypoint; this is a better solution than detete it.

- YOu cannot delete a waypoint linked to a constraint (speed or Alitutde), because, the FMC will not know where the constraint is.

I hope that you understand what I mean.

This is a better solution to use WPT+ than delete a waypoint.

Important thing : You cannot delete a waypoint of a STAR or an approach, because , there is many data linked to each waypoint of STAR/Approaches used by the FMC (Speed, Altitude, holding pattern, teardrop turn , ILS or VOR frequencies.........).

I will check next week KSEA (and update with STAR and approaches).

Francois

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Ok makes sense, thanks Francis!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that I have found the problem with KSEA.

The FSX stock airport has only 2 runways :
- 16L/34R
- 16R/34L

But when fred Cerven has realized the SID of KSEA, he has used the Real AIP charts with the actual airport configuration, which has 3 runways :
- 16L/34R
- 16C/34C
- 16R/34L

and the old 16R/34L is now 16C/34C.

So I will update this irport, by creating 2 versions, because there is an AFCAD of the Alpha Indian group that update the airport in the new configuration.

So I will create a specific version with 2 runways for the Stock airport BGL and a variant for the Alpha Indian group AFCAD, with the 3 runways, with in all case, SID , STAR and Approaches.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am working on the beta 0.74, that will be the last; After, I hope to the release version.

The Status page is "work in progress"; some pictures of the work :

This page is not completed.....

I have modified VAPP calculation that was wrong; Now , this is the real "AIRBUS" calculation with the right wind component.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Very nice!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks steve.

I think that I will post the last beta panel this next weekend.

The final version sould be to end of March.

Now, I think that all the bugs are fixed. The FMC works very well..

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Wow! This is the best freeware FMS/FMC! No one made it as good as you. :) With time it's going better and better.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks Airbusfan !

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

one small finding found in the PFD gauges between cockpit panel and the popup PFD; for your attention:
The distance indicator during ILS approch does not display correctly. The popup PFD values are correct.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulfbindewald,

I think that this problem comes from the fact of the PFD Gauge is declared in 3 section of the Panel.cfg :

- In the 2D cockpit section
- in Popup window section
- in VC section

That means that the same code gauge is executed 3 times per cycle, and I think that can produce asynchronous result. Some parts of FSX are mysterious for me today, but I will search a solution to this problem.

Thaks for the information.

I will post today a major update of the panel, with the ECAM Status page completed, and some bugs fixed.

I search someone who can record the callout sound :

- V1
- V2
- Rotate
- Gear UP

and others auditive message that we can hear in a cockpit. I have all the code ready to include these sounds, but I am franch anfd my english accent is horrible. So , if someone can record these callout, in Wav format, 44100 Hz.

And if you think about other callout, let's go, I can add them.

Thanks

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald, I havn't this bug.

Have you select "Virtual Cockpit 3D" in the FSX general setting like the picture below ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

the FSX AC control panel entries correspond to yours.
I am using the A320 also w/o FMC, but I can´t imagine that this should be the culprit.
I try to figure out the next days, which systematics are behind this bug.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald, try this new beta panel for the A320 FD-FMC version (not compatible with V3 version of course )

Here is the beta 0.74 panel ( one of the last, I hope ! )

Panel beta 0.74 CFM & IAE with the new "Callout" gauge of Doug Dawson

Attention :
------------

To install this new version you must delete or place in a backup folder the previous version of each panel (CFM & IAE ) because, new manel.cfg file and new organization

In the zip filel, you will find the classic folders "CDM" and "IAE" .

Tou will find also a "Gauges" folder : Inside there is the last version of the sound gauge of doug Dawson "dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" which replace the old "Callout.dll" that I used on the previous version. You must copy this file in the "Gauges" folder of your FSX. If you use the A32x V3, don't delete Callout.dll

You will find in the zip file a "Sound"folder : Inside there is the updated sounds that I use in the VC: "Callout_FD" ; copy and replace the existing verions of this "Callout_FD" folder in "Sound" folder of your FSX.

What's new between version 0.73 and version 0.74
==============================================
NOTE :
======

This panel use new data in the FMS data save file, so if you have previous flight not completed, you will cannot use this panel to fnish this flight because the FMS will not read properlly the data,
So, you can delete all your previous flight save files.

- "Zero Fuel Weight" is now correctest ( totally false in the previous versions)

- When departure airport or arrival airport was under the sea level (this is the case for Amsterdam EHAM, the flightplan file was unreadable by the FMS after a savegame : Bug fixed

- when an engine was shutdown, after retart it, the N1, EGT, N2 values of the ECAM stayed in STOP mode (orange) : bug fixed

- Now, when you save a flight and when you completed this flight later, all the FSX savegame files about this flight will be deleted when the aircraft will land. This new function allow to keep a folder clean and avoid to have problem if you to a new flight with the same departure and arrival.
The previous version of the panel deleted only the flightplan file and the FMS data backup file.
NOTE : This new function can work only if you use a specific synthax for the name of the save file : "departure ICAO code in uppercase" + space + "to" in lowercase + space + "arrival ICAO code in uppercase" : e.g : LFPO to LSZH .
If you don't respect this synthax, only the flight plan file and the FMS backup file will be deleted when you will land.

- the old FMS page that was used to save a flight plan is now replaced by a page for the futur oceanic tracks ( NATS and PACOTs ) because this save flight plan page was unnecessary since the panel save the modified flight plan and the FMS data when you save your flight by the FSX menu. The Sea tracks page will be for the A330/340/380.

- New fuel consumption prediction in the "cruise" page . In test ....

- secondary ECAM "Status"page is now completed . Tou can display it by clicking on the bottom of the display.

- New TOD calculation,

- in the previous version, the fuel burned by the engines was lost, when the flight was saved. Now, the FMS keep this information in his backup file.

- New organisation of the gauges in the Panel.cfg file for a better efficiency and avoid incomptibility between 2D panel and VC or popup gauges.

- some minor bugs fixed

- I have decrease the APU sound. In the future, the new Doug Dawson gauge will allow to me to have a progressive startup and shutdown sound for the APU, and to have a specific sound when you are in the cokpit or for the exterior view. But I need to learn the instruction of this gauge.

good flight

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
panel beta 0.74: what can I do to lit the autopilot panel? Do I miss an extra switch?
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I already noticed my stupidity and I've re-upload the correct panel.

Otherwise, simply edit the panel.cfg ffile of each version and at the en of the file, in the [VCockpit02] section :
[VCockpit02]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$A321_2
background_color=0,0,0
visible=1
gauge00=A320_IAE!A32x_POPUP_GEAR, 19,12,252,277
gauge01=A320_IAE!A32x_autopilot, 19,297,339,110
Add the red line that is missing in your version.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
thanks for the quick update. It works.
One peanut found: no switching sound for "strobe on".
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I don't undestand why I can't intercept the Strobe Key event ; A FSX mysterious...... I search...

There is still a little bug in the panel 0.74, about the refresh of the situation flight when you abort a flight and begin another flight with the A320. In some case, all the string variables are not reseted to empty values, so It occurs in some case taht the second flight savegame will have a flight plan name file of the previous flight.

I have found the solution to fix this bug and I will post tonight or tomorrow a patch to fix this problem.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is a small patch to fix a bug that can occurs when you save a flight, during a second flight and don't completed the first flight (in this case, the flight plan and FMS saved files have a wrong name. This patch fix this bug.

Patch for panel 0.74

This patch include 3 XML files , to copy and replace the existing version in the "A320_FMS" folder of each panel version (CFM & IAE).

Francois

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Francois,
Thanks for another update but for the first time ever my Airbus will not load in FSX - I get a black screen with a regular ticking noise but FSX does not crash until I end the flight. Attached is the Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: dsd_fsx_xml_sound.GAU_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52645cc5
Exception Offset: 655d2750
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

As far as I can see I've done a correct install but there seems to be something wrong with the new sound gauge perhaps........any thoughts?

best regards

Rick