Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

If you want to try the night blue light VC textures, you can download here : http://www.db-online.fr/francois/VC%20n ... lights.zip

Unzip and copy the four files in the "TEXTURE" folder of each version of the aircraft, but befure, rename you 4 existing files by add ".old" at the end of file name, in the case o of you want to return to the classic texture.

These texture has been created by Paul Davies, and he gien to me the authorization to join with the final package.

Many thanks to Paul Davies for these beautiful night textures.

I wait the response by another author, for the day textures in HD 32 bits.

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois and all
Really appreciate you sending these...just had them out for a spin :) They look very very good...

This is the PA A320 CFM leaving LOWI (above)
And then:

And the Rads etc:

The man who did this has done a great job! Really complements your work. Great tht you can go into partnership now ;)
Thanks
Ralph

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

Thanks to Paul Davies for his work and letting François incorporate it into FMC-FD. Don't know how realistic it is, but it is just splendid. Great look for a great panel... This blue will keep me calm and serene until the moment I hit the ground beside the actual runway ;)

Francis

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

here is maybe the lastest beta panel before the final version :

Panel 0.76 CFM & IAE

news of the beta 0.76
===================
- in some situation, when you load a saved flight, AP and A/THR was not properly armed. So, I have add to the FMS data save file these data. That's mean that your old savegame with the previous versions will not work, but this bug is fixed
- the IC AO to ICAO text area in the F-PLN page was too small when airport for some ICAO name : bug fixed
- At the end of a managed descent, without STAR and approach loaded, the altitude hold didn't work properly and the G/S arming (in CYAN color didn't work) : bug fixed
- when you save a flight and continue it, the fuel consumption display wasfalse (but the value saved was true) : fixed
- new calculation for the fuel consumption prediction but must be improve yet, because today, it dosn't take in consideration the cost index (that will works in the final version)
- New function to display the airport information (departure and arrival) by the reading of the txt file join to the airport data file. You can scroll the text with scrolling buttons. see post above to access to this informaton page. I must write the txt file of each airport of the databe. I join a sample with 5 airport in a link below. These files can include important information about airport, and procedures (transityion altitude, if an holding pattern is mandatory, the preferd runways for takeoff and landing .......)
- Now, between the end of a STAR and the begining of an approach, the aircraft can climb if necessary (rare case, but exist in some airports like GCRR

Here, is the link to download a sample of the txt airport information file for five airports. Copy these txt file in each airport folder of FD-FMC folder. :

sample info airport text files

I have just to write the code for the VOR managed approach and check the last bugs and the FD-FMC will be completed. I am wrinting the usuer manual, I hope that adrian accept to translate the completed manual in english.

I think that the aircraft will be ready for the end of the month. Please, if you find bugs, report to me.

I have buy the "Freenavdbgroup.com" domain, so at the end of the month, the FD-FMC will get its website

I wait your feedback

Good flights

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

a first check of the A320 beta panel_0.76 CFM discovered several problems for Your disposition:
1. AP ILS landing (w/o FMC): automatic flare touch down does not work, in former versions I hadn´t problems
2. Sound callout: during the last 50 ft before touch down the annonucements are "confusing",
e.g too early retard announcement , at first 10 ft, then 20 ft, after landing continuing annoncements 30ft
3. There is still the problem of temporary different ILS distance indication between the VC PFD and the 2d PFD,
as described on my mail 15 Mar 2014, 17:17. I have not found the systematic reason for this.

Regards
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulf,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have forgot to tell an important information : I have change since (I have forgot when, but I think 4 or 5 panel version backwards) the autoflare altitude function.

I will try to explain in my bad english.

Since the begining of he autoflare gauge (realized in first by Stefan Liebe), this gauge worked with the radar altitude. So, I don't know if you use a addon mesh (as Global 2010 or other mesh) , but when this is the case, with some airports, there is a problem . With a external mesh, the airport aerea can be above the surrounding decor.

e.g :

So, with the radar altitude, this phenomenon may occurs big problem, because the altitude change roughly and the aircraft can crashes, because the gauge is perturbed.

To avoid problem with mesh and elevation airport, I have decided to change the radar altitude use by the barometric altitude use, because, in this case, relief can't disturb the autoflare gauge.

But the disadvantage of my new system is that you barometric value must be right and set precisely. So when you land, check regularly the atmospheric pressure by push the kollsman button. Click in the lower left of the upper ECAM, and you will display the interactive checklist, and when you are in approach, you have the kollsman statut; if it become orange, that is because the atmopheric pressure has changed and you must push the kollsman to set the new pressure.

The 2 systems have their advantages and disadvantages. So I think that the second is better, but it is mandatory to check the barometric pressure regularly when you land.

The problem is also linked with the weather meteo engine.

If you use the stock FSX weather engine, the barometric pressure value may change often and roughly . This weather engine is a bullshit.

So, it is better to use a addon weather engine as Active Sky with the DWC (direct weather control) mode activated, because the change are not roughly.

I think that all your landing problems comes of this explanation : You havn't set the kollsman.

This explain also the callout sound problem . The callout gauge is still linked with the radar altitude (gravity centerof the aircraft to the ground) and if they are some relief change or buildings at the runway threshold, the callout may be disturbed.

I will change the callout sound with the barometric altitude, to have the same system for callout and autoflare.

About your different ILS distance in VC and 2D cockpit, I have never this problem. Can you tell me if it is with a particular airport ? In your FSX settings, have you set the checkbox to "Virtual Cockpit" or "2D-cockpit" ? because You must set to "Virtual Cockpit". All the gauge system of this aircraft is wrote in for the VC in priority.

Try another landing, and think to push regulary the kollsman button and tell me if all is ok.

Francois

So, the

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

ILS approach and landing: I repeated several times again, pressed the button to actualize QNH (I made go arounds and
the altitude pressure remained constant). At the end the real altitude was 0 and the callout indicator said 30 ft...
and the airplane crashed on the ground, because the autom. flare condition was not yet achieved.
I observed, that at ~50 ft the HTR automatically went out. I thought this should been done manually?
Simply speaking, I miss the autom. flare condition + callout sounds, where the real height was mesh/physically recognized.
My "training go arounds" have been made in the new ORBX PAYA Yakutat airport, ~sea level.

ILS distance indicator: I am only flying in VC mode. I observed this discrepancy landing in e.g. CYYJ Victoria.

Regards
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am not sure to understand all what you say, but the automatic Go-around function works only if the FMC is active and an approach loaded , because the Go-around reset the approach data to the first waypoint of the approach.

If you don't load an approach, you can do a Go around, but you must disengage the Autopilot, and disengage the A/THR, and set your throttles at 100%, in totally manual mode

Autoland works only if ILS mode is actived, and APPR button "ON" and if there is flight plan loaded because the autoflare requires the destination airport elevation and without a flight plan loaded, the FMS can't know the landing airport elevation.

You are right, I disconnect A/THR automatically at the "Decision Height" that you can set by clicking on the FMA , on the reding "decision height" (-/+) 200ft above airport elevation by default, but only the A/THR is disconnected; Thrust keep the actual value until you move your throttles. If you want that the A/THR doesn't disconnect automatically, set the decision height to 0.

IF you fly with the FMS not activated, maybe there are some bugs, because I write a FMS and a liner flies always with a FMS.

IF you want fly by set yourself Speed, alt, V/S NAV or HDG, activate the FMS and pull the SPD, ALT and V/S knobs to fly in selected mode. But the panel is wrote to run with FMS activated, with a flight plan.

I go home in 1 hours; I will do a test with FMS disabled, and I will come back to you.

See you later

Francois

EDIT :

Have you loaded a flight plan ?

I think that no. Excuse me, but I think while I write.....But your adventure show me that my new code limit the use of the autoland only if a flight plan is loaded. I can change that and add the function , in the case of the pilot has no flight plan, autoland will works like the previous version with the radar altitude.

I will change the autoland code : - If no flight plan, autoland will run with radar altitude (airport elevation is not required, but if there is some relief mesh bugs, there will be problems)
- if flightplan, autoland will run like today, by atmospheric pressure altimeter, and airport elevation information.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

my go arounds with the automatic landing has been made only with no FMC/flightplan, You are right.
As I prefer to manage and fly both variants with and w/o FMC/flightplan I would highly appreciate your suggestion, see your EDIT.
BTW in the mean time I made some other go arounds in CYVR (from FSDT). Here the flare condition works w/o FMC/flightplan.

During start condition the V1,VR,V2 callouts are exclusevely working with FMC, as You previously stated.
Any chance to get them hear w/o FMC?

Regards
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf your are right.

I do all my works and my tests with the FMS, and I forget to think if users want fly without FMS.

I will try to adapt the code for a use without FMS and flight plan.

If you had no problem with CYVR without flight plan for autoland, I suppose that the elevation of CYVR is near of sealevel, because without flight plan, the actual autoflare gauge see an airport elevation of 0.

Let's go to fly in manaul mode :D

I try to update this weekend

If you see other bugs, please feedback

Thanks

Note :

About the disconnection of the A/THR, I havn't the choice, because the A/THR function of FSX has a huge bug : When A/THR is engaged, the joystick throttle are disabled, so in a real aircraft, the pilots can disengage A/THR by set the throttles to 0 or engage the TOGA mode by set the throttles full.

While the aircraft climb or descent, I have wrote my own A/THR code and your throttles are not totally disabled, but it is complex to write the same code for the final approach.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

you are asking for feedback and I am feeling like a bug chaser ;)
One thing discovered already from a longer time, but I was not sure if this is a mishandling, see pic.
What does Brake "ON" mean? ON = set? During flight the brake should be unset.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Because you fly too fast wulf ! :D :D

same explanation wulf; This checklist is controlled by the FMS. If the FMS is not activated, he can not know what phase of flight is , so the checklist is refresh according the flight phase. (he needs to know , the heading of the runway takeoff, the takeoff flaps position selected , the flight level, the transition altitude, the acceleration altitude, the cruise mach value ......).

But you havn't engage the electric hydraulic pump (blue circuit).
Without FMS, you can go to the "TAXI" checklist but not further (because you must enter in the FMS the runway heading before taakeoff and other informations ...)

There are 14 flight phases with the FMS.

Here , I haven't solution.

The only solution is that I disable this checklist if the FMS is not activated. That is the solution that I will do.

You have a "paper" checklist , with the FSX menu , by select kneeboard.

You can see on the screenshot an over big bug of FSX : The EPR value is totally false ! With this thrust, you should be have a value between 1,15 and 1,25 (depending of the aircraft speed).

Tom Aguilo is writing a new XMLVars.dll version, that will permit to modify some parameters of FSX's variables; When his new DLL will be ready, I will can correct errors in informations that FSX returns (EPR value and also the Fuel flow value at low altitude that is too high).

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

It seems that myu CYYJ ILS runway 27 is not in the runway axis...... but not DME problem on the PFD.

I don't know why you have this DME problem wulf .....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

"....Francois wrote: Because you fly too fast wulf ! :D :D ...."
thanks for your fast reply. :)

--Checklist controlled by FMS--:
"....Francois wrote: The only solution is that I disable this checklist if the FMS is not activated. That is the solution that I will do...."
Yes, you are right I forgot to engage the hydraulic pump, but I was not aware of this.
I recommend to stay with the given checklist as is for FMC-user *AND* non-FMC-user, because it definetly indicates
missing and important checks and inputs e.g. flap settings. As a consequence the non-FMC-user have to live with the apparent "missing" checks .
Another alternative would be to generate for the non-FMC-user a separate and reduced electronic checklist, e.g. when the corresponding phases can be clicked manually (content similar to the original checklist, but with an actual layout).
The use of the "paper" checklist is for me less preferred, as the electronic checklist is easy to observe in the VC....as it should be.

--DME problem on the PFD--:
I will continue to find out the culprit, when/why the indications are inconsistent. I´ll report.

--V1,VR,V2 announcement for non-FMC-user--:
Any chance to get this?

Regards
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

- autoflare without fligt plan or FMS activated is solved
- Callout V1,rotate,v2 without FMS is solved

I continue......

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

François,

Could we also have the announcements a bit louder: V&, V2, VR, and also the stewardess announcement at TOD, when one hits Altitude after the Decelerate message? It is difficult to hear what the dear girl is saying...

Francis

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Francis,

Check your FSX sound settings :

At home, V1, Vr and rotate, are limit too loud.

About the stewardess annouvement, I cannot increase the volume, because, this is a cpature that I did on the net, and on the wav file, there is already a engine sound with the voice. If I increase the volume of this wave file, there will be the engine backsound of this file that will be increased and the result will not natural.

should find a file with only the voice....

And, when your are in the cockpit, the stewardess annoucement is not heard like in the cabin, I suppose.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

to the topic "different DME distance value indications in PFD (all in VC)".
The common experience is: ILS in use, FMC deactivated.
Hope this will help to sort out.
BTW: I am using a TV screen fullHD 1920X1080, but this should normally not be an issue.

Regards
Wulf

the next 3 pics are shortly made in a sequence flying short hop from PAKT Ketchikan to PAWG Wrangell

One further example for the format hickup

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks wulf,

The problem is that I havn't these bugs. Only rarely, some readings on the FMA don't appear, but extremely rare.

I will try to change my resolution to set the same of you.

Let me some days to do many test, because it is difficult to find bugs that I havn't.....

Maybe a windows 7 joke (I don't want change my win XP :) )

If someone else can confirm these bugs ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I got those missing readings thing. But as you already said, it's very rare.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

it seems that the problem is always in the popup PFD ? Correct ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

fdd_fr wrote:it seems that the problem is always in the popup PFD ? Correct ?
Yes, you're correct.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Airbus Fan wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:it seems that the problem is always in the popup PFD ? Correct ?
Yes, you're correct.
my experience: popup PFD window correct in terms of DME values and format (popup window = add. sizeable window)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I'm always flying in VC. Out of 20 approaches, in 1-3 I got this problem.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

popup PFD vs VC PFD:
For comparison I repeated the same flight from PAKT Ketchikan to PAWG Wrangell
with the old PA319 V3 panel: Numbers are full syncronised, but already format issues there.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks for the informations. I have founs some "not SDK compliant" code in the PFD gauge that I have fixed, but I can't to be sure that the problem is solved, because I havn't this bug.

Wulf, It seems that you fly often in VOR mode. I have improved the VOR navigation. Now, when you set the Radio NAV1 or NAV2 on a VOR frequency, the IDENT and course appears automatically on all the ND page (VOR, NAV and ARC ) at the place of the GPS waypoint.

When you set your Course knob to the course of the VOR, and push the LOC button, all the previous horizontal mode (MAV GPS or HDG toggle in "LOC" mode to track the VOR.

Works with NAV1 or NAV2 automatically identified. HDG or NAV reading on the FMA is replaced by "LOC" reading.

I have ad all the write rectangle when a FMA mode change, when you fly without FMS or flight plan.

Autoland works now without flight plan or FMS.

I try to program th Go around function, without FMS and flight plan, but at this time, taht doesn't work properly yet.

I test all the manuals fly configuration for you.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

thanks for Your efforts, Francois.
For comparison reason I used today the "old" panel PA319 V3.
It is really incredible how many improvements, step by step, were implemented in the meantime in the actual panel configuration.

Regards
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I hope that my today work solves the problem

I have found the bug in the Autoflare gauge of the panel 0.76.

So , let's me one or two days to finish my actual changes and I will post an update of the panel (only the XML files).

Don't use autoland for the moment.

Sorry for the convenience

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If you want fix the autoland bug, and if you have "Notepad++" :

Open the "Autoflare.xml" file, located in the "\panel\A320_CFM\" folder for the CFM version :

Go to the line 32, you will find this line :
(A:Autopilot Glideslope Hold, bool) 1 == (G:Var1) 0 == and if { 1 (>G:Var1) }
You have just to delete the space between the "if" and the "{" , like this :
(A:Autopilot Glideslope Hold, bool) 1 == (G:Var1) 0 == and if{ 1 (>G:Var1) }
Only this space, not other !!

Save the file and copy it in the "Panel\A320_IAE\" folder because the 2 version use the same autoland gauge.

Your autoland will work, with the FMS and a flight plan.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I need a huge help of a maximum of people.

As I prepare the final version of the aircraft, I think that will be a good idea to create an installer software, because the installation of the aircraft is a little complex ( the 2 DLL files to copy in the right place, the callout gauge to place in the right folder, The special VC sound folder to place in the "Sound" folder of FSX, the creation of the FD-FMC folder and the creation of the "FD.FMC.ini" file with the user FSX folder paths, the changes to do in the DLL.XML file to declare the 2 DLL use by the FMC.

So, I want to create an installer program that will do all this work automatically.

But the problem is that I know only coding in XML (but it is impossible to create an installer in XML) and in VB6 (Visual Basic 6) , an old programmation language.

This old language is a 32bit language and I have only the french version and I have only Win XP 32.

So, if I realize an installer, I must use the Windows API to enter in the Windows register to get the FSX paths folders.

Thus, before begin to write this program, I need to know, if It can run under other Windows version and language. (XP other that french version, Vista, Seven 32, Seven 64 )

Thus, I wrote a very very little test program in VB6 which use the 3 Windows API which are essential to create an installer, and I need you to know if this tes program run on your computer.

If the program works properly, you will see just a Window that display the 3 essentials paths of your FSX configuration that I need, like this :

I have uploaded this progam test in a ZIP file, with the following link :

Link to download program test : Test Setup.exe

Test process , please folow Step by Step:

Unzip the file in a temp folder of your choice (location has no importance) .

This ZIP files contains 3 files :
- Setup1.exe
- Setup2.exe
- Setup3.exe

These little programs are just a small windows and do anything else that read the Windows register. Setup2.exe and Setup3.exe copy 1 and 2 Visual Basic Dll file in the "windows\system" folder in the case of your OS cannot decode my VB6 program.
No risk !

I ask to you to test in order (setup1.exe in first, the setup2.exe if setup1.exe doesn' work......, to have the right information about your FSX configuration paths and no error mesage box.
If Setup1.exe works, don't execute Setup2.exe.... if Setup1.exe dosn't works, but Setup2.exe works, don't execute Setup3.exe

I need the following feedback :

1 - If one of the Setup(x).exe works on your computer
2 - From what version of Setup(x).exe, that's works
3 - Your Windows version ( Vista, Seven 32 or Seven 64)
4 - The country of your Windows version
5 - If you got a error mesage box, which message, and with wihch Setup(x) version

If one of the version works, check if the 3 paths are right.

That will be great if someone who has his FSX on other folder or Drive that the default installation location (C:\Porgam Files\Microsoft Games\....) do the test.

Thanks for the feedback, but without these information, I can't write an installation program.

Note : If nothing work, or if you have error message box, try in admin Mode (I think so that Seven is painful from this side).

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Setup1 does not work, error message: VB6 unknown.
Setup2 works as intended. The three data path+locations are correctly displayed as expected.
Setup3 not checked
My System: WIN7 64bit german, FSX SP1+SP2

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Many thanks Wulf !

You was in user mode, not administrator mode ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

thanx to develop an installer. Great idea.

I hope, that we will not have conflicts with already A319/A320 filled xml files.
Will *ALL* nec. xml- and scenery- files (e.g.Airac) automatically be installed or will there
remain manual installation? In the past it was a burden as I remember, because not all
contributing authors gave permission.

Tip: The location of any document e.g. guidelines, docs, handbook, checklists....
should rest in ONE location of the aircaft folder.

Wulf

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Many thanks Wulf !

You was in user mode, not administrator mode ?
in Admin mode.
BTW My FSX is installed in a separate HD, but no prob to recognize.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

thanks !

Do you think is a good idea to make an automatic installer ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: Do you think is a good idea to make an automatic installer ?
Yes and No.
Yes, if everything can be installed and no add. "must have" incremental installations are nec. on the top.
Yes, for all the new customers, who are afraid to "install this file here and this file there".
Yes, because any additional (partial) upissue later on can be managed with automatic installer or manually again.
No, because all the Project Airbus enthusiasts have already located the relevant and more difficult files, e.g. xml´s,
unless you provide us an add. easter egg ;)

My preferred way fwd: To provide at first a pre-final vers. in a convential manual installation mode. When everything
is fine and no new bugs are found, then to officially release with an automatic installer (with the same technical content).

Wulf

kremin

Post by kremin »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi,
...........I need the following feedback :

1 - If one of the Setup(x).exe works on your computer
2 - From what version of Setup(x).exe, that's works
3 - Your Windows version ( Vista, Seven 32 or Seven 64)
4 - The country of your Windows version
5 - If you got a error mesage box, which message, and with wihch Setup(x) version
Hi Francois,
1.and 2. Setup1.exe works on my laptop (run as Administrator).
3. Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
4. Australia
5. No

EDIT: Also tested on my desktop:
1. and 2. Setup1.exe works on my desktop (run as Administrator).
3. Windows 7 64 bit
4. Australia
5. No

I personally do not need an installer but if you do make one please make sure that there is the option to choose the destination for the files.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Rick
Last edited by kremin on 18 Apr 2014, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

I think an installer is a good idea, makes it idiot proof :P

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Many thanks Kremin !

I am surprised that the Setup1 run on a 64 bits OS. I think that you must already install a Visual Basic application, and that you have the DLL files required.

So, it seems that setup1.exe doesn't work for many users, I must use setup2 code. Can you test Setup2.exe ?

I think to the installer, because, I have received many mails, for this beta, where user don't arrive to edit dll.xml file. So when the pack will be completed, I am afraid to get dozen of mails per days :D

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi there,

if the question is allowed "which add. features are wished to be seen in a full installer?"
Yes I know, that everything can be maually adjusted as we are already doing, but the alternative could be:

- to choose in a checkbox between the 3 preferred VC night textures
(standard, darkgrey with blue seats, night textures with blue LED instrumentation)
- automatic inclusion of Airac y/n

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, I can do it. Same thing about the aircraft liveries provided in the pack.

But about AIRAC, without AIRAC, no FMC....

There will be 2 packages :

- one with an auto-installer, for people who has no knowledge about their computer or FSX location files. This auto-installer is just a tool which copy files in the right places, and edit the 2 files that must be modified (dl.xml and FD-FMC.ini). No writing in the windows register, only thez aircraft files.
- one classical, with manual installation.

Everybody will be happy.

:D

Francois

FranzDur

Post by FranzDur »

How did you solve the LoggerX.dll problem since the author wants us to download it directly from his site?

Francis

kremin

Post by kremin »

fdd_fr wrote:....... Can you test Setup2.exe ?
Setup2.exe works fine on my desktop :)

Rick

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: There will be 2 packages :
- one with an auto-installer, for people who has no knowledge about their computer or FSX location files. This auto-installer is just a tool which copy files in the right places, and edit the 2 files that must be modified (dl.xml and FD-FMC.ini). No writing in the windows register, only thez aircraft files.
- one classical, with manual installation.
Francois
Will there be one package A318/319/320 together as many add. files are commonly used or still separat?
fdd_fr wrote:Yes, I can do it. Same thing about the aircraft liveries provided in the pack.
Francois
All liveries can already easily managed in the FSX aircraft menu. A couple of add. liveries will not be bad, e.g. American new colours, LAN Chile, Lufthansa, one or two different far eastern airliners livery to have a balanced and worldwide representation. Yes I know, It can be done manually too....

Wulf

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois.
Been away from my Airbus for a while and clearly missed quite a lot of developments..Still trying to catch up!! :) Looks like you've been very busy. I like the idea of an auto installer BTW...I would though, not brilliant at installing etc..I've just installed Panel 0.76

When I returned to my AB to try and do a flight using the FMC...I hit a problem, and in light of all the technical stuff going on in this discussion I'm a little embarrassed about asking this Q... I can't seem to get 'info' programmed into the FMC 'Take off page.' I've loaded a FP LSZH-LOWL .....did it in FSX and not Plan-G as normal..The numbers don't seem to want to enter. At the bottom of the page under the VR box...(see pic below) there's a little red 0..I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the problem I'm having..not being able to add the data. The Flight plan itself is showing no problems.just want to add the Rwy info etc. Tried this in VFR in IFR BTW...

I do hope I've not missed anything simple, checked through your informative notes and I don't think I've missed anything... :/
Thanks for your time
Best wishes
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Zyflyer,

Have you properlly installrd the 2 dll files requered by the FMC ?
- XMLVars.dll
- LoggerX.dll

If the 2 dll are correctly instaled, you must have in your [Trusted] section of your FSX file, 2 lines as follow :
[Trusted]
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.uibbreretrhkthhrzoaohkhtouoctlunaueqabqq=1
C:\Program Files\EZCA\EZCA.exe.iibtubzehentalonbtlztizbrwccozbtieilnlcn=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LoggerX.dll.ecqqranoclkweenhuicrtoinnklqlnclcaonabuk=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CALLOUT_SOUND.DLL.atkczwrcabkuuwlwienwuhhbbeqbqhkthlacacih=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.chnqqiczaqcrrnuznqezirtwlucotnqublucnuht=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.oiociltcochabbhcaqikhbebikqrztbhwautbkqr=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.whalabcbinuokwihtkqlwrcoetwqackzqznoahzq=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.abzknbncotucoqrnztwotkwzizobtztlchtkrzzn=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.hcanwnhkweaiauhqzatqeqtbulrqzbtrekcnltlh=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.orelhqztckeztiniuinhuiarwwrlhbczcobrozra=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\dsd_xml_joystick_state.GAU.uauihbloqekwbtnzbqcenkwotikinhoeaohknarw=2
C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll.qhcccnleacuhtacanehniieawwwhchauhkucbkaz=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.noqhbbnenaaiqkolkbciewlouhnqziqtcinozelr=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Boeing777-300.GAU.nnrbhqnewzrokezicoeaabrurbralrouqhoknkrh=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.tuuiuqthebolraawzihqkrnlqqhueiuuwkzauwiw=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fsx_event_logger.GAU.coechezqweqibetqzbkwwuownlcinrqbctwowoao=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.qlaairrowobubriczbqwohbrzaounbawncukworr=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.iwcrnqlbazqlucubhuckbbzzeqbzhwnihqcoibaa=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\dsd_fsx_xml_sound.GAU.rzqlbeirolzhkwicrnquwctoalubqwznqiczauho=2
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\XMLVars.dll.nhuzltbrlarzculaiuwcrnnibkahnkilnuqekebq=1
Without these 2 Dlls, FD-FMC can't work.

Also, the FMC needs that youhave a "FD_FMC" folder, at the root of your main FSX folder, with inside, the 2 airports folder [LSZH} and [LOWI]. This folder contains all the airport database, by ICAO name folders.
At the root of FD-FMC folder, you have a file called FMC_path.ini : Edit this file with a text editor and chack the path inside : E.G :
C:\\Documents and Settings\\Username\\Mes documents\\Fichiers Flight Simulator X\\
Check if there is the path of your "Mydocuments\Flight Simulator X files\ and your username is correct. (the double "\" are mandatory).

Check all this iinformation, because it seems taht your FMC hasn't the XMLVars.dll (this is the reason why you get a red "0").

When the FMC will be correctly installed, when the airport where you want takeoff is included in the Database, you must go in first in the F-PLN page of the Gauge, to select the takeoff SID. By this action, the runway box and the runway heading box of the "Takeoff" Page will be wrote automatically.

Read the installation manual, you have to skip a step.

If you can, post here the content of your "DLL.XML" file and I will check if all the Dlls declarations are correct.

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
Thanks for the quick response. I've checked the "trusted" part of the .cfg...They aren't there..which is odd, as they were before. I actually had it working..I'll go back and re-install the .dll's and double check the other things mentioned. The folder is in the the main FSX part, so that's OK..BTW..sorry to interrupt your Easter Ho'ls :(
Thanks
Ralph

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again Francois
SUCCESS!! :)
Sorted it thanks, went back and checked again. I remember, I had to do an 're-initiation' to fix another problem and that rendered the .dll invalid insofar it stuck it into an 'old' folder ..Difficult to explain, but I just copied the text from that to the new .dll and voilà, EDDM Rwy 26L! It worked. Also forgot about the fact that the details of the airport needed to be in the FMC folder too...Was going to do a flight (test) from FVHA (Harare) to Lusaka Intl in an Air Zimbabwe..But alas.

Going to try and test it now...and catch up with all the other rather complexed looking things that have been happening here... :)
Thanks for your help.
Best wishes
Ralph

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I Great zaflyer :)

If you need help, post here !

So wulf and other testers, I am sorry, but I had worked very hard on the panel this weekend, and I havn't completed all the change. I have activated many functions when you don't use the FMS, and re-write the GO-around code. Now, Go-around will works in any case (with or wothout FMS, with or without autoland or ILS) and I am wrinting the LOC and VOR approaches code, so I havn't completed the code and the test, so be patient, I hope that the panel 0.77 will be ready for the next weekend and without bugs (I hope..... :oops: )

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

HI Francois ..
Here's my contribution to the installer. I've got Win 7 - 32 bit ..
USA Origin of Win 7 ..ran it as Administrator..

The 'Set up' 1 was/is fine..pointed to the correct locations except mine are little different than yours..it gets there ;)

Hope this is OK...
Thanks
Ralph