Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

oh, excuse me Wulf. Tell me what I have not unserstand ? If I stop installation manual to chapter 5, user don't declare DLL and FMC will not work.

I think that is mandatory to explain in this manual how to declare DLLs. Maybe my explanations are too long. I am not a good writer !

Your suggests are welcome ....

I have another question ; Like I prepare the final package and like I am ending to adapt the FMC to the A318, It remains for me a question.

You know that if you save a flight, FMC overwrite FSX flight plan file with the waypoints loaded with SID/STAR Approaches or added by user.

When the aircraft landing, I delete all the FSX saved files and FMC DATA saved file, to avoid conflict or bugs if the user launch another new flight wiht the same departure and destination (because in this case, FMC will read the previous flight aircraft data).

So, some users asked to me to create a backup files of the FMC modified flight plan, to have the possibility to use this flight plan which contains SID/STAR and Approach waypoints (but not the speed or altitude data) with any FSX aicraft.

So, when aircraft do a success landing, all the files are deleted, and the FMC create a backup file of the flight plan modified (with the FSX standard name and the trailing extension "FD-FMC_Backup" (example : "IFR Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Intl to Jorge Chavez Intl.PLN.FD-FMC_Backup").
So, the user has just to remove the trainling ""FD-FMC_Backup" extension to use the flight plan with any aircraft.

To day, this file is saved in the same folder as the FSX saved files "My documents\Userame\Flight Simulator X Files\.

So I think that it will be a better solution to save this file in a specific subfolder of "FD_FMC" folder (E.G : "Flight_Plans") and not add this extension.

In this case, users will have just to move the file, without rename it, in the ""My documents\Userame\Flight Simulator X Files\" folder to use with another aircraft ( I remind that is just a flight plan file, in the FSX format, and even if the FMC has saved SID, STAR and approaches, this file is just a list of waypoint with no attaching data about speed or alitude, like a classic FSX flight plan).

Because, in the actual system, flight plan backup files can accumulate in the FSX folder and the user can not see them.

I would like to have the opinion of the reader of this thread about this solution......

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

save flight plan: As the SIDs, STARs and Approaches must be individually be declared again due to varying RWY directions I do not save any flight plan in addition yet. So I always load any A-B flight plan at first and complete it with current required SIDs, STARs and Approaches.

My favourite flight plan saving process would be to remain with the FSX default flight plan folder, but to extend the file name within the title, e.g "IFR A to B.FDD_FMC.PLN". So this flight plan can be immediatly re-used w/o any further intermediate copy/savings and optionally re-use the original flight plan (which I prefer, as explained above). The file name convention should ensure that there is no further name doubling from "IFR A to B.FDD_FMC.PLN" to "IFR a to B.FDD_FMC.FDD_FMC.PLN" in the case of further multiple use.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good idea wulf. I can add in the flight plan name file, the departure and arrival runways.

It's ok, I change code to do that !

Other question : This backup flight plan files is created only if hte user has saved at least once its flight during the flights; Actually, if you not save your flight, during the flight, there is no Flight plan backup files created.

Do you think that a good idea to create in all case this backup file (for exemple, when the aircraft landing) ?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I guess what Wulf was suggesting is write a simple installation workflow. However, the installation itself is complex (several folders, several files and several ways to do it if a player has default FSX or P3D..). So you may need to rewrite the manual and is not good at all, because it vanifies all your efforts!!

What I would suggest is increase the font when you tell what to do (move this there.. download this and put there..) and reduce the explanations font. I belive explanations are essentials as permitt to understand and troubleshoot eventual issues, but a reduced font will focus the player to a clear installation process.

For example, if you permitt me to modify your text:

If you use FSX or P3D from version 1.0 to version 2.1:
Locate "\FSX-P3Dv1.x to v2.1" folder in the installation pack, open it, and move "XMLTools.dll" file into your FSX/P3D root folder

« XMLTools.dll » is a all in one module, which include « LoggerX.dll »(the module that allow HD read/write operations) and XMLVars.dll, a
module which allows to work with string variables . Version provided with the pack is the version 2.0 of XMLTolls.dll. So, remember, you have just one all in one module in this case.

Or:

6. Copy the whole « \FD_FMC\ » folder of the pack at the root of your FSX/P3D folder. This folder contains
near of 100 airports ready to use, realized by the Freenav Team.

FD-FMC use a file system based on a AIRAC file created by FreeNavDB Group members and updated regularly. It use also Airports « folders », which include data files for SID, STAR and approaches. Folder that includes Airports data is called « \FD_FMC\ ». This folder contains as many folders of Airports, named by their four letters ICAO code.

This database, is totally freeware and open source, and if you want update, download new Airports, or
download a toolskit to create and participate to the project, go to the Feenav Website
http://freenavdbgroup.com/

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

I think Prosdocimo has made the proposal of a lite installation guide.
My proposal is the same only with the exception to devide
- the installation instruction (take this and put it there... similar to installtion step 2-5) as simple as possible
- with background informations, which can be extracted to an Appendix, but are not essential for the pure installation process.

Reason: During installation it is not necessary to know that a dll file is a version 2.0 and is from the author xyz and further updates can be downloaded in abcde.
If You do not want to change the installation guide than Prosdocimo´s proposal is ok.

Please do not forget to mention, that some users have FSX, FSX-SE, P3D....
Unfortunately I do not know the installation impact between FSX and FSX-SE, if any.

Wulf

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
Other question : This backup flight plan files is created only if hte user has saved at least once its flight during the flights; Actually, if you not save your flight, during the flight, there is no Flight plan backup files created.

Do you think that a good idea to create in all case this backup file (for exemple, when the aircraft landing) ?
As I do not save or intend to follow or duplicate or.... I say no. What should be the content of the backup file? I could imagine that a backup file contains a list all FMC inputs + all available A/C informations like a log file. This may help to sort out any problem for newbies, e.g. wrong or forgotten settings, which could be provided in a txt file if required to solve an issue.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf,

I think that you havn't understand, but this is because my English is very poor.

When you save a flight, FMC saves 2 different files.

One file is the FMC data, because when you will load your flight later, FMC needs to know all its statut modes and all the SID,STAR and approaches data (cspeed and altitude constraints.....). This file is a .CSV file and include many data and can be used as a blackbox (you can read this file with EXCEL or any text editor like Notepad, it contains all the FMC parameters and all the aircraft parameters and flights information).

This file is created only when you save a flight (otherwise, FMC does not work when you load your flight to finish it).

This file is always deleted when you landing.

The second file, created when you save a flight, is not a real creation, but an overwrite of the original FSX flight plan file (the .PLN file).

You know that when you create a new flight with FSX, you have to save the flight plan before beginning yuor flight.
But when you use the FMC, you can load SID, STAR, add or delete yourself waypoints with the gauge) and when you save your flight, FSX save in an .FLT file the flight plan that the GPS has in memory. But FSX doesn't update itself the .PLN file.
So, if you load your saved flight, you will have a FSX message that tell you than the flight plan will be unusable, because there will difference between the .PLN file, that is the original FSX flight plan and the .FLT file, creaated by FSX, which include waypoints added by the FMC. And the FSX GPS and the FMC will not work.

This is the reason why I had to find a solution to ovewrite FSX .PLN flight plan (it is just a list of waypoint in XML format). I had to work hard to find a solution , because FSX is not designed to allow to change its flight plan files... this is the reason why you have a mesage box when you quit a saved flight, which tell you that the GPS engine will not work, but in reality it will work when you will load again your flight.
I raped the FSX rules but that's works !

Actually, when you land, all files are deleted, execpt the .PLN file that I rename by modifing its extension, because, users ask me to do that to have the possibilty to use this .PLN file with any FSX aircraft (the file is offcial FSX .PLN file format and can work with any aircraft) and it include the SID, STAR approach track (but no information about constaints, it is just a FSX flight plan whith no extra data.

The thing that I propose, is : When the Aircraft landing, I will overwrite again this file, with keep its .PLN extension, but I add in its name (it is a FSX name), the departure runway and arrival runway. Like this, user will know what contains this .PLN file .

But I can save these files in a specific folder, but I know that many user want to have the possibility to use these FMC flight plan with other aircrafts.

But even you not save your flight, FSX create in all case a .PLN file when you create your flight and this file is never deleted ..............

My proposition is to overwrite the FSX .PLN with the FMC's waypoints, to have the possiblity to use this flight plan with all FSX aircraft.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Important informationabout reversion modes. There are some errors in my interpretation of the Airbus reversion mode and I will change some function, to be real.

Today, when you are in all managed mode, if you pull the V/S knob, FMC toggle NAV to HDG : This is an error ! V/S can work in Nav mode.

So, in FPA mode, the value selected, remains, even if the aircraft reaches a altitude contraint. This is not correct. When the Aircraft level off, the FPA value must reset to 0, like the V/S system.

I will change this 2 errors and others minors errors in final panel.

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: The thing that I propose, is : When the Aircraft landing, I will overwrite again this file, with keep its .PLN extension, but I add in its name (it is a FSX name), the departure runway and arrival runway. Like this, user will know what contains this .PLN file .

But I can save these files in a specific folder, but I know that many user want to have the possibility to use these FMC flight plan with other aircrafts.

But even you not save your flight, FSX create in all case a .PLN file when you create your flight and this file is never deleted ..............

My proposition is to overwrite the FSX .PLN with the FMC's waypoints, to have the possiblity to use this flight plan with all FSX aircraft.
Francois,

what I understand is, that we will see in future 2 flightplans with .PLN extension in the corresponding FSX default flight planner folder after landing:
- a) original .PLN, e.g. IFR A to B.PLN needed to start any FMC controlled flight
- b) modified one, e.g. IFR A to B.RWY08-RWY33.PLN as suggested with the add. RWY information and so able to repeat this flight again or to use it for other aircraft.
Is this what you intend?
Assuming that no flight will be saved, will the a) original .PLN remain unchanged?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I propose the following thing :

BY default, when you create your flight plan with FSX planner, FSX saves always its flight plan .PLN file.

- When you fly, if you don't save your flight, original FSX .PLN file will remain in the FSX docs folder, like all aircraft
- If you save your flight to be continued another day, FMC must overwrite the FSX. PLN file and its own FMC blackbox data file (.csv file)
- IN this case, when you do a success landing, FMC must delete these files, to avoid bugs with next flights.

So, the only thing that I will change, is to save the .PLN file modified by the FMC, when you saved your flight, in a specific subfolder of FD_FMC folder (I will name this folder : "0Backup_PLN", to be in first position of the long airport folder list). I will add to the .PLN file name the departure runway (in all case, because known) and the arrival runway, if when the user has saved his fligth, an approach was loaded (if no approach loaded, arrival runway is unknown).

thus, users who want use these flights plans files with any other FSX aircraft, will have to move this .PLN file from the FMC backup folder, to the FSX docs folder, and he will can use this .PLN wih any aircraft.

All others files, created by FSX duriong the savegame will be deleted, and also the FMC blackbox data file, and the FSX original flight plan file no longer exists (because during the savegame, the original .PLN file is overwrite by the FMC new flight plan; I cannot restore the original flight plan.

1) you not save your flight during your flight : nothing changes according FSX rules; only the orignal flight plan stay in the FSX doc folder, like any flights with any FSX aircraft.
2) you saves your flights during a flight : FMC overwrite FSX original (mandatory) .PLN flight plan files. If you land with success, this file is moved to the backup folder and all other savegames files are deleted.

I think that is the better solution to have every people enjoy.

Isn't it ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the explanation, Francois. Now it is clear.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok Wulf,

I changed all the autopilot code, to correct my wrong interpretations of the reversion modes.

I am doing some tests, and i think that I will post a panel update, wenesday, to be sure that It will not remains errors.

Chages are :
- Now, if you right click on the V/S button, FMC stays in NAV mode.
- FPA mode can be preset before right click on the V/S button
- V/S knob has now a temporisation, that allow to preset a value (FPA ou V/S), before engage the selected mode (like the HDG button)
- FPA will work now when you want (from intial climb to final approach).
- FPA value is reseted to 0 when waypoint' Altitude constraint or selected altitude is captured.
- I fixed some bugs on the FMA, to avoid multiple readings in some case, on the second line (ALT and CLB in Cyan color) and the bug about the first line of the Vertical column reading, where sometimes, reading disappear, when FMC captured an altitude.

and some little improvment.

Sorry for the delay.

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

if I unadvertently push the FSX exit button during A320-flight but I do not confirm to leave FSX and going immediatly back to the simulation, then all VC systems are off. I´m not sure, if this has been already mentioned and answered in the past. For your attention only as this is relating to "comfort" only....

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulf,

I know. The reason is because FMC uses many "L:Vars", (Local Variables). These variables are created by the programmer, to store data that he uses.

FSX has a big problem : When you qui a flight, L:Vars are not reset; So if you quit a flight with the A320FMC and you decide to gegin a new flight with A320FMC, without quit FSX, L:Vars keep values of the previous flight and that occurs big bugs.

This is the reason why I use 2 FSX "<KeyEvent></KeyEvent>" command called "EXIT" and "ABORT".

My code detect this events, and if they appears, all the L:Vars are reset to "0" and the code execute 2 commands called :
- (>K:SIM_RESET)
- (>K:RELOAD_PANELS)

I think that everyboy understand the action of these 2 commands. The goal is to delete all values and data of the previous flight

I will try to stop the "ABORT" event detection to avoid your problem, but I must check that there is no bug if I delete this command.

I thought that "ABORT" was when the user confirm that he quit the flight, but it seems that the Event is generate when the user press the escape button or the close window button, even he doesn't confirm.

I will test.

NOTE : New autopilot gauge is in final test. I will post friday, panel update. Many new features.....

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf,

I deleted the "ABORT" event command code and all is Ok. You can quit the flight and reload a new flight with the same Aircraft, the "EXIT" event command code works alone.

My error cames from my interpretation of these command.

For me, ABORT event was when the user pressed ESC or window close button AND quit the flight, and EXIT command when you quit Flight Simulator.

In fact, ABORT event is generated immediatly when user press ESC key without confirm, and EXIT event when he confirms, so only the EXIT event must be detected by my code. I deleted the ABORT event code and all is ok.

Thank you for the report.

This update will be include in the friday panel update.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: I deleted the "ABORT" event command code and all is Ok. You can quit the flight and reload a new flight with the same Aircraft, the "EXIT" event command code works alone. This update will be include in the friday panel update.
Thanks for this correction, Francois.

New TV monitor:
I think about to exchange my TV from FullHD to UHD/4K resolution. If the FMC window size is defined by pixel per side then it will be displayed on the UHD TV with half of the overall size. Is this correct?

Wulf

zaby

Post by zaby »

Hi Francois.
Sorry for my english. Install the latest version of the very liked your work, you did a great job, thank you very much. In the new version are not active on the screen ILA Director PFD without including the autopilot, I always keep the approach in manual mode, but in this panel, it becomes impossible. You can fix it as that?
Thank you!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote: I deleted the "ABORT" event command code and all is Ok. You can quit the flight and reload a new flight with the same Aircraft, the "EXIT" event command code works alone. This update will be include in the friday panel update.
Thanks for this correction, Francois.

New TV monitor:
I think about to exchange my TV from FullHD to UHD/4K resolution. If the FMC window size is defined by pixel per side then it will be displayed on the UHD TV with half of the overall size. Is this correct?

Wulf

Right : FMC window is define by its pixel size : 1024 x 768. I don't know if FSX overscale gauge size is the resolution is over 1920x1200.

I can't do the window sizeable, because mouse area become not accurate (and the waypoint list on the right of the gauge requires accurate mouse area to delete a waypoint for example)

If on your TV 4K , FMC window appears in 1024x768 and is too smal, try to add in the Panel.cfg file, in the [Window06] section, the following line :
windowsize_ratio=2
I think that this setting double the popup FMC gauge size. If you think that size is too large, try value 1.5

zaby wrote:Hi Francois.
Sorry for my english. Install the latest version of the very liked your work, you did a great job, thank you very much. In the new version are not active on the screen ILA Director PFD without including the autopilot, I always keep the approach in manual mode, but in this panel, it becomes impossible. You can fix it as that?
Thank you!
Hi Zaby,

You're welcome. But I don't undestand which problem you have. Can you do a screenshot when you have your problem ? And which version of the panel you use.

Thanks

Francois

zaby

Post by zaby »

Hi, Francois! Thank you for your response.
Version of the panel 0.92a.
When landing in manual mode (turn off the autopilot and autothrottle) are not displayed "diamonds"(circled in red in the screenshot) ILS. The data included in the radio panel and ILS button on the panel is pressed. When the autopilot are all displayed.
Once again I apologize for my English.
Thank you!
Image[/URL]

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Your english is better than mine !

I think that there is no change in this part of code since few months.

If I Undestand you want to have the display of the LOC and G/S diamond and scales, even if autopilot is not activewhen you land in manual ?

That's right ?

If it is the case, I can change the LOCALIZER pointer and G/S pointer displaying conditions.

Today, to display these pointers, you mut have these conditions :
- Autopilot must be active
- ILS button must be ON ( or LOC button for the LOCALIZER pointer only, if a LOC approach is loaded in the FMC)

Confirm to me is I undestand properly waht you want.

Francois

zaby

Post by zaby »

Francois!
Yes, you understand me correctly. I want to LOCALIZER pointer and G / S pointer displayed regardless of the autopilot, when you press the ILS on the panel.
I used the model Project Airbus A318 / 319/320/321 FD Special Version. panel 0,92a only now being studied.
Thank you!

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Yes Zaby did a good point, as I realize now that both ILS button and APR button appear to be redundant. They are not, because you need to activate both ILS and APR buttons to catch actively the ILS corridor by A/P. So what you could do is mantain APR button functionality linked to A/P activation (as default). And ILS button only to display the ILS pointers on PFD, in order to follow manually the ILS path by PFD (ILS button should work like the FD button, just for indication and working without A/P engaged).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok. I will correct the code for the tomorrow update.

ILS and LOC button are not redundant, because you can choose to do a LOC approach on a ILS runway, by press the LOC button instead of APPR button.

For me, ILS button activate the PFD and ND displays, and activate the Radio NAV1 frequency. I coded like this. I will remove the dependence to the Autopilot for this button)

- APPR button activate an ILS approach (LOC and G/S) if ILS button is pressed
- LOC button activate a LOC approach (horizontal guidance only where you can use the FPA mode) if ILS button is pressed, or a VOR track if ILS button is not pressed.

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thank you. This is also followed in real life as you can check in "Flight Operations 3" of the A320FCOM Manuals pack. At page 435, ILS button is pressed and PFD shows ILS glide scales if a signal is present (thus indipendentely by A/P turn on). Later during approach, at page 438, APPR button is pressed to capture ILS path actively by A/P.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok.

Sorry, I am late. I prepare a professional trip, and I must do final test on the panel. I hope to upload it in few hours......

I do not have time to update the airport database with new airports realiszed by members this week and I will post them next week :
- EPWA - Varsovia
- SCBA - Balmaceda - Chile
- Update of SKCL - Cali - Colombia

Sorry for the delay, but I am very very busy. I will try to do it, but I am not sure to have the time.....

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here is the update of the Panel in version beta 0.95 :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... %20IAE.zip

Beta 0.95 news :
==============
- I have increased the safe minimum speed, during approach , when Vapp activated but landing gear not down and that aircraft descending less than 500ft/mn
- Climb Pitch control in Mach mode improved.
- New refresh code for the TAWS (Terrain Radar) : To refresh TAWS, I have to change zoom level (FSX rule). In previous versions of the Panel, this zoom level change was visible, and during 1 second, you saw the terrain , north oriented, at the minimum zoom level : not beautiful and very slow.
Now, I improved the XML code, and the RADAR display is refreshed in 1/3 of second and the display disappears during refresh. New Refresh code is 3 times more faster ! I recall that the Radar terrain is refresh only during climb or descent, each 500ft of change level or when you change the zoom level with the ND range selector.
- New AUTOPILOT gauge :
Improvement of the IAS versus MACH calibration during climb or descent (with or without FMC)
Reversion mode changed to be close the real AIRBUS : In previous panels, some reversion modes was not properly coded. For example, if you engaged the V/S mode, when you where in managed mode, Autopilot toggles in HDG mode (NAV was disabled).
Now, when you toggle in V/S or FPA mode, only the vertical managed mode is reversed (THR CLB or THR DES to SPEED or MACH ). Autopilot stay in NAV mode
Now, FPA mode can be selected at any time, directly, without pass in first by the V/S mode. You have just to click on the V/S letters on the FCU and (V/S reading becomes FPA) and pull the V/S knob (right click).
FPA mode works now at anytime, even in climb. (In previous panel, it worked only in approach phase).
Improved FMA readings about "ALT *", in V/S and FPA mode , when autopilot captures an altitude constraint.
FPA reset to 0 when target altitude is reached.
Fix a bug, that occured when you disabled FMC, airborne : Autopilot didn't toggle in basic mode (selected mode) : bug fixed.
Now, in managed mode, you can preset a value for the V/S or the FPA by use wheel mouse on Knobs; Value is displayed during 20 seconds.
Same function for the SPD knob. In previous panels, only the HDG knob had this feature. Now all knobs work as the same manner
Now, during approach, if aircraft has a speed contraint <= 250 IAS AND no Slats or flaps, descent is with a constant vertical speed of 1100 ft/mn, to avoid aircraft accelerates.If you set flaps at position "1" minimum, descent is set by default with a flight path angle of 5.2% (3°).
Fix a bug on the FMA, that had a superimposed text i(ALT and ALT CST) in some cases.

- Added basic ALPHA protection system, in manual aircraft control, to limit pitch at +28°/-15° and bank at +/-33° . System is very basic.....but it works....
- Now, when you change of flight level (second flight level programed in the FMC or by select a new cruise altitude with the ALT Knob, the climb between your previous flight level and your new flight level is in N1 mode with pitch variable (THR CLB mode : managed climb , like real AIRBUS) like during climb (previous panels stayed in SPEED mode with a constant V/S).
- LOC and G/S scales and diamonds on the PFD (and the ND in ILS mode) can work now without Autopilot. But curiously, only the LOC scale works anytime. For the G/S scale, you must activate the Approach with autopilot and capture the signel, before disengage autopilot, otherwise, the G/S scale will not work. I will search to try to improve this situation. When G/S is captured, you can turn off autopilot : G/S reading will work
- I have increase a little the size of the yellow square, in the center of the Aircraft symbol of the PFD.
- And many little new things improved........

ATTENTION : I renamed some files of the panel (because, there will be more easy for me, later, to adapt panel to other Aircrafts. So I join to the pack Panel.cfg files. I recommand to use these new files to avoid problem.

I join also AIRCRAFT.CFG files, because some changes ( A/THR spped, Pitch cruise stability, fuel consumption for the IAE version......).

I recommand that you use these new Aircraft.cfg file. Copy inside your [Fltsim.xx] sections to delete mine.

Check in all your [Fltsim.xx] section PANEL and SIM declaration :

PANEL=A320CFM
SIM=pa320-CFM56-5B4
or
PANEL=A320IAE
SIM=pa320-v2527

I have no time to update the airport database this weekend. Sorry for authors, but I promise you , that will be done next week.

Good flight !

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

thanks for beta panel 0,95 update, Francois!

several issues found for Your attention, FMC activated:

1) PFD vertical navigation display inconsistent between IAE<->CFM.

2) If by mistake FSX will be aborted, but not finished and continued again, then
- on ground the AC systems will continuously work :-).
- during flight the AC system will continuously work, but the speed will be set to 0,
which will cause immediately an uncontrolled descent. Is this intended in the sim?

3) FMC panel does not include the version number (peanut)

4) FMC activated: During Approach and switching to FPA (4) the selected altitude (1)
will fall cont. below the selected value (2) and the speed increases (3).
AC is not more under control. Only manual steering helps :P

5) FMC activated - descent phase: angle under FPA mode can be manually adjusted,
but the climb/sink rate is not adjustable in V/S mode.

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, I'm sorry for being so reiterating (or is it reiterative?), but the A320 CFM wing lights—the navigation and strobe lights—do not work in my FSX. I know this model has hard-coded wing lights because of the wingflex, but the same can be said about the A318 and yet its wing lights work like a charm.

Any ideas on why the nav and strobe lights are not working on my FSX?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

The ALT cyan readings is not a bug between CFM and IAE, because PFD gauge is common to the 2 version.

This bug must exist since origin. I tested quickly because I must go away for my job for a week, but it seems that ALT reading disappears from a particular altitude or situation. May be there is a difference between your 2 flights.

I will search, but same thing for CFM and IAE, because same code.

The only difference between CFM and IAE version are the upper ECAM, Flaps angle (35° max for CFM, 40° max for IAE) , engines data and aircraft weight.

All other code are common.

2) I have missing to remove the speed variable reset : ok I will do it.

3) Version is here, but string color is wrong (because transparent). You can edit the "A320_FMS_Main.xml" file with notepad++ and change the line 618 :
you have :<FontColor>#000000</FontColor>
change by <FontColor>RED</FontColor>

4) and 5)
I missed to add a security. When you active FPA mode, you must pull the V/S knob to toggle in SPEED mode.
Here there is no security and if you click on FPA reading, autopilot toggle in FPA mode, but not in SPEED mode : abnormal situation. I must add a security.

FPA mode and V/S mode requires to pull the V/S knob, to toggle in SPEED mode.

I tried to have the same situation than you (altitude not captured) but no success : FPA capture altitude. Have you an approach loaded ? Have set you FPA value when you have reach the previous altitude constraint ? I need information.

Today, the only official bug is than when you click on FPA reading, that active FPA mode, and it is not correct. FPA mode must be engaged only when you pul the V/S button AND by clicking on V/S-FPA reading.

I will add this security.

But think than to use V/S or FPA mode, you must pull the V/S knob ! This is the tru Airbus function.

Thanks to have discover this bug.

I carry with me a notebook and I will try to fix this bugs in the next days...

I have discover another bug : Second flight level function, according aircraft weight, in the FMC doesn't work.

If you want change of cruise level, when your are in cruise, do it with the ALT knob : Pull it, select a new altitude, and push it : this way works, but not the FMC weight function.
I have already fixed the bug, but I will post an update when all the bugs will be fixed.

The320Pilot wrote:Francois, I'm sorry for being so reiterating (or is it reiterative?), but the A320 CFM wing lights—the navigation and strobe lights—do not work in my FSX. I know this model has hard-coded wing lights because of the wingflex, but the same can be said about the A318 and yet its wing lights work like a charm.

2 possible way :

1) your MDL files are not the right.

Check your version of :
A320_100_CFM.mdl and A320_200_CFM.mdl files. My version are dated of march 31 2011.

Other way, you have missing Fx files in you FSX Effects folder. Post a question on the Support forum, because your problem is linked to the PA model and files, not to my panel, but I see only these 2 ways......

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:Francois, I'm sorry for being so reiterating (or is it reiterative?), but the A320 CFM wing lights—the navigation and strobe lights—do not work in my FSX. I know this model has hard-coded wing lights because of the wingflex, but the same can be said about the A318 and yet its wing lights work like a charm.

2 possible way :

Check your version of :
A320_100_CFM.mdl and A320_200_CFM.mdl files. My version are dated of march 31 2011.

Other way, you have missing Fx files in you FSX Effects folder. Post a question on the Support forum, because your problem is linked to the PA model and files, not to my panel, but I see only these 2 ways......
Francois
A crosscheck confirms that the a.m. lights are working well on my end.

In addition I propose to cross check:
- In doubt The A320_100_CFM.mdl and A320_200_CFM.mdl files can be found
in the pack A320....0,77.zip folder too http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

- The battery knob in the VC must be "on" or better the A/C must be started, otherwise VC remains cold and dark = no outer lights

- The new aircraft.cfg has not unadvertently been modified,
e.g. the [LIGHTS] within aircraft.cfg is still included with add. 7 lines (light.1=...) for CFM-version and 11 lines for IAE-version.
In doubt I recommend to adopt the new aircraft.cfg (from the updated panel 0,95 folder) once again.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am working to fix panel 0.95 bugs, but I have just a notebook....

Think that in a previous version, panel had a .CAB file (A320FD-FMC.CAB) in the FSX Gauges folder. You must delete this old A320FD-FMC.CAB file before copy the new A320FD-FMC folder of the 0.95 panel in the FSX Gauges Folder, othewise there will be problems and conflicts !!!!

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

I'm very excited to see this come to completion. Very fine work Francois. Thank you much.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

We would need a FCOM-style manual to fly Doré A320! :D
There are a lot of new functions to know! It will be the best freeware airbus for fsx

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:

2 possible way :

Check your version of :

Francois
It turned out to be that I the .mdl files I had were from 2009. I have changed them to the 2011 files and now the nav and strobe lights have come back!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Now I remember why I had changed the models: it was because of the hideous engine smoke effect of the A320 CFM. Let's see if I get to a solution. One model has no engine smoke (I don't like it), but has wing lights. The other one doesn't have the effect or the lights. Hmmm...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Fliptod wrote:I'm very excited to see this come to completion. Very fine work Francois. Thank you much.
Prosdocimo wrote:We would need a FCOM-style manual to fly Doré A320! :D
There are a lot of new functions to know! It will be the best freeware airbus for fsx
Many thanks ! And I hope that i will post the fixed panl tomorrow !

The320Pilot wrote:Now I remember why I had changed the models: it was because of the hideous engine smoke effect of the A320 CFM. Let's see if I get to a solution. One model has no engine smoke (I don't like it), but has wing lights. The other one doesn't have the effect or the lights. Hmmm...

Great ! I happy that you solved your problem !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I prepared a patch for the panel 0.95.

This patch include only XML files, so don't delete your panels folders !!!!

Download the patch and copy in each folder the XML files (see readme.txt files).

This patch fix the following errors :

FD-FMC Second flight level according Aircraft weight function had a bug in panel 0.95 (THR CLB mode was not engaged when climb to second flight level) : bug fixed
When user click on FPA reading of the FCU, FPA mode was activated even V/S knob was in managed mode : bug fixed. Now You must pull the V/S knob to engage FPA mode (like V/S mode).
During descent, when aircraft was above MACH/IAS transition Altitude, and than user selected a altitude constraint, Mach mode was not engaged : bug fixed.
I added "Pause" key detection, because during climb or descent, if the SiM was toggle in pause, that occured a bug when the Pause was disabled (Aircraft can stall). Now, whe the SIM is in PAUSE, FMC code is disabled.
Fix an error in the FMA messages : When a selected altitude by the user was captured, FMA diplayed on the second line (armed mode) : CLB or DES in CYAN: Now this is OP CLB or OP DES that there are displayed.
Sometimes, FMA readings blinking when FMC captured an altitude constraint : Bug fixed.
Improve XML code of the PFD for a lighter CPU work

You can download the patch here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... nly%29.zip

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the panel 0,95A update, Francois!
1) I still recognized the prob If by mistake FSX will be aborted, but not confirmed to be finished and continued again, then
the speed will be set to 0 :o .
2) FMC activated: During start it is difficult to engage CLB. What must be done to have a continuous climb sequence?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

1) I have not still found the 0 speed problem in my code. I search....

2) Sequence for a managed climb is to activate FMC before take off (after fill au FMC data). SID is not mandatory.

- When you take off, engage the autopilot before reach the Thrust reduction altitude !

you must have in order on the FMA : SRS mode. SRS is activated until acceleration altitude.

when Acceleration altitude is reached, Autopilot must toggle automatically in OP CLB mode if your ALT knob is in selected mode, and if you push it to toggle in managed mode, autopilot must engage CLB mode.

CLB mode can work only, if you have set Take off N1 thrust and speed, and Climb N1 thrust and speed and define your cruise altitude.

All the FMC performance pages must be filled.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I will update today the Airport database and the AIRAC file.

I realized a video of a complete flight, with annotation, and with a very hard manual approach (Visual RWY 20 approach of LFKJ, the most difficult approach in France ! )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBrC-lJLUUc

In HD 1080p

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks, I tried few minutes ago this approach coming from Madrid airport, very scaring!
Just a question: i noticed you have a camera shaking when you run on runway during take off. Do you use a mod for this?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, I use EZdok Cameras software.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote: Just a question: i noticed you have a camera shaking when you run on runway during take off. Do you use a mod for this?
An alternative soln is the payware A2A Accu-feel V2 software product. Several additional FSX enhancemants e.g. add. noises, VC moving, break noises ..... are included. They do not interfere with Francois´A320.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that now work is completed. It remains just a little bug in descent readings : When you are in managed descent (ALT knob pushed), when FMC capture a STAR altitude constraint, you have the message "OP DES" on the FMA : In this case, that must be "DES". I will corect this.

Now, I am waiting the english translation of the manual.

I am working on the website update, and 5 new airports will be posted in 3 or 4 hours....

Wulf, test the runway 20 Approach of LFKJ ! This is for you

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airports database update :

4 new airports and 1 update :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=673

LEBL - Barcelona El Prat - Spain , created by Michel Rapp, provided with an Update AFACD (ILS 02 added)
EPWA - WARSAW Chopin Intl Airport - Warsaw - Poland , created by Jean-Pierre Varnier
SAWC - El Calafate Airport - ARGENTINA, created by Georges
SCBA - Balmaceda Airport - CHILE , created by Georges
SKCL - Cali - Colombia, update 4.02, created by Carlos Mario Diaz : This version fix an issue with the Glide Slope and the elevation of the default FSX airport ; AFCAD provided, but requires an mesh update.

New AIRAC : 050220015

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Excuse me, SCBA files, posted yesterday were in wrong version (files were not commas cleaned). So I uploaded the right version of SCBA and of hte complete airport pack files (and also an update of the SKCL Text file).

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I added a new menu in my website, where I will add complementary informations about airports files creation.

I wrote first article, about Speed constraints during STAR or Approaches : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=681

Can you tell me if my english is OK and if article is comprhensive ?

Thanks

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Now that I found how to add annotation on a video on youtube, tell me if you want that I do a videos to understand a function .

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hello François,

going through "Airport creation manual" and I'm a little stumbled.
Up to 1500 ft AMSL (Above Mean Sea Level or MSL - above sea level), one must maintain take-off
power, so this value is used to set the variable THR RED (Thrust Reduction Altitude). In practice, this
means that the aircraft will maintain its take-off power to 1500 feet, with a climb angle of approximately
15 ° to attain this altitude as quickly as possible. In the SID spread sheet, the value to enter is feet
"AAL" (Above Airport Elevation), but as EHAM is located at an elevation of -12 feet (and yes, it is
below sea level!), we can directly enter the 1500 value. If the airport was at an altitude of 600 feet, we
would have to enter 900 ft to populate the THR RED cell.

In the csv files I find only values that have been taken directly from the "Charts".
e.g. Chart 800 : THR RED cell = 800 (regardless of the Altitude).

The manual describes how I should enter a value that somehow depends on the height of the airfield. The only formula that I can think of is this.

1500 - 600 = 900ft (... to enter 900 ft to THR RED cell).

That would mean the following. alt airport 1000, 1500, 2200

1500 - 1000 = 500ft
1500 - 1500 = 0ft
1500 - 2200 = -700ft ??

This makes for me no sense.
Please describe how the value "900" is calculated.

Thomas D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Mosquito,

Thrust Reduction Altitude and Acceleration Altitude are two values that there are not descibes in all Airports. These values are linked to "Noise Abatements" procedure of some airports.

If you have no indication on your charts, or on the airport notes,fill the cell with the Standard values that are :
THR RED = 1200
ACC ALT = 1200

These 2 values are the default values of an Airbus.

You must changes these value only if there is a noise abatement procedures notice, which give you specific information.

E.G : London Heatrow EGLL has noise abatement procedure.

Aircraft must keep its initial climb gradient until 1000 feet AAL and between 1000 and 4000 feet, it have to limit noise. In this case, values given in the notice are already in feet above airport elevation, so no calculation to do :
THR RED = 1000
ACC ALT = 4000

That's means that between 1000 and 4000 feet, aircraft will climb with a small path angle value, and maintain its SRS speed (close to 170 IAS) to avoid noise (engines will run slowly);

When noise abatement procedures, the 2 values are different
When relief or obstacles, the 2 values are equals, but higher than 1200 feet.

Think that these special cases are not on all airport. Only for Urban airport, or when there ara Mountains or obstacles, because in this case, you can have a high altitude for the THR RED altitude, to be sure that the aircraft has an initial climb with a high path angle, to reach a security altitude.

Because Aircraft climb with a high gradient until THR RED altitude (15°). This is the better way to avert relief or obstacle.
In rocky moutains, many airports have a THR RED altitude of 3000 or 4000 feet (and the Acceleration altitude has the same value, because no noise abatement procedure, this only to avert relief).

But in most cases, you havn't rules (no noise abatement procedure or no relief) and you set your 2 values at the standard : 1200 feet

François