Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

bankflyer

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by bankflyer »

I don't know if this is a copy and paste error as the DLL.XML file will not let me change anything in it. I did part B of your response and got a confirmation page and accepted and trusted the XMLTools.dll again but nothing changed. The SIDS and STARS lines of data are in the FD-FMC, you just can't see them, they are invisible, as is the additional airport data. Those lines are just rows of "0." (zeros). You can hover the mouse over the data and it says "choose this SID/STAR". At this point I'm not sure what to do next except just either fly the A320 with the FSX flightplan or just delete the aircraft altogether, which would be a shame as it is a wonderful product. Randy

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Randy,

please do a system search for all XMLTools.dll post ...
of all found files ...

- Full path to XMLTools.dll
- Date (XMLTools.dll)
- Size (XMLTools.dll)

Here are mine (maybe wrong too, I have only one XMLTools.dll on my system)
XMLTools.dll -> 250368 bytes -> 29.09.2014

Thomas

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

moskito-x wrote:
07 May 2017, 03:34
XMLTools.dll -> 250368 bytes -> 29.09.2014
.....and should be located in the FSX root folder.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, but not many free time currently...

I have just updated the airport database and AIRAC files : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832

May 6, 2017

New Airports :
EFRO - Rovaniemi - Finland by Martien Van Rooten
ESMS - Malmo - Sweden by Martien Van Rooten
EGGD - Bristol - United Kingdom by
KDRO - Durango - USA (Colorado) by Wulf Bindewald
KDSM - Des Moines - USA (Iowa) by Wulf Bindewald
KMSY - New Orleans Louis Amstrong - USA (Louisiana) by Wulf Bindewald
KORD - Chicago O'Hare - USA (Illinois) by Wulf Bindewald
UMMS - Minsk - BIELORUS by Martien Van rooten

Updates and fix :
EHEH - Eindhoven - Netherlands by Martien van Rooten
LFPG - Paris Charles de Gaulle - France by Francois Dore : fix BANOX IAF errors (approaches)
LGKF - Kefalonia - Greece by Martien Van Rooten : fix SID clearance altitude
LIRN - Napoli - Italy by Francesco Bagagnolo
KLGB - Long Beach - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KPSP - Palm Spring - USA (California)
KSNA - John Wayne Orange county - USA (California) by Wulf Bidenwald

New AIRAC files :
FreenavAIRAC_05062017.BGL
XFMC_05062017.BGL (now, it inculdes all north atlantique tracks waypoints for final A330 panel )

Next airports (june 2017) :

KIAD Washington Dulles USA (full version with updated AFCAD)
KDEN Denver USA (update)

I discovered a new bug in panel : If no STAR used, if you preset an altitude in the PA before takeoff, this altitude will be reset to 0 when you take off.

I have already fix the bug and I hope that I will get enough time to prepare panel package during the week.

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi thanks for the new airports!

I just report that LIPX - Verona has several wrong waypoints distances in its STARs (>4500nm!). I don't know about SID, just check

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

François, I'm updating the FMC data for LOWI. It should be ready for next week.

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

I removed the quotes from the dll.xml file and deleted the XMLTools.dll from the Trusted section of the fsx.cfg file. This did not work either. Would it be because I am running FSX on Windows 10 perhaps? Although FSX runs great on Win 10.....stumped at this point....

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

Thomas, there is only 1 XMLTools.dll located in C:\Program File (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, it is 244 kb in size and the date is same as yours, 9/29/2014. I loaded it from the PA downloaded aircraft file, it was under needed modules. Randy

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

bankflyer wrote:
08 May 2017, 19:24
I removed the quotes from the dll.xml file and deleted the XMLTools.dll from the Trusted section of the fsx.cfg file. This did not work either. Would it be because I am running FSX on Windows 10 perhaps? Although FSX runs great on Win 10.....stumped at this point....
Did you try to run FSX as Administrator? I know that fsx should be installed outside C partition from Win7 upward.

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

Tried as administrator, still nothing. It seems very strange that ;you can hover the mouse over the SID and STAR pages and it says "choose this SID or STAR" and I click on the page and still nothing happens- on the take off page you can't load a runway, it is a zero in that space. And the additional airport information pages are a column of zeros down the left side. Would I perhaps have the Navdata installed wrong? I followed the instructions and as I said the SID/STAR pages say there is something there, just not visible.......Randy

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I am pretty sure that a similar case happened along this topic long time ago. I made a search without success but you could be more lucky than me

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:
10 May 2017, 06:22
Hi I am pretty sure that a similar case happened along this topic long time ago. I made a search without success but you could be more lucky than me
page 36, 8th mail and fwd.

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

Yes, I went back to page 36-38, read all the topics and nothing to help there. I do not have LoggerX in dll, only XMLTools (says to not have both in the DLL.xml) so that's not it; added C++ Redistributable 2015 (that was an option suggested). The only thing I saw was that my version of XMLTools.dll is V. 2.0.0.0 and someone said there is a newer V. 2.01-where would I find that version? I used the one that came with the PA aircraft.....???. BTW I updated to the 05062017 AIRAC and made sure the files were installed correctly and still no joy.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

My working XMLTools.dll is version 2.0.0.0

Can you do a screenshot of the not working panel?(and of course show us)!

Thomas

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

I sure can if you will tell me how to get the screenshot into this thread. I've tried to copy and paste into this area and that doesn't seem to work...?

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

you have to upload to a image share service and provide us a link to the images.

Thomas

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

OK. I understand, which image service do you use/recommend?

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Unfortunately I have no experience with this. So I can not help :(

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154833519 ... 449305852/. I think this is the link to my pics of the pages you wanted to see. I am using flickr, my name on there is bankflyer. I hope this works so that you can see the pics. Thanks

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

I tried the link I included in the other post and it seems to work for me ok, took me to the pics anyway.....

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Here an excerpt from the install manual.
If you have not done yet please do next again.(Install C++ Redistr)

Code: Select all

If, despite the correct installation of modules, FD-FMC do not display properly SID, STAR or approaches
data, it could be that your C++ Windows library is not updated to run « XMLTools.dll » or
« XMLTools3D.dll » of Tom Aguilo.
This is the reason why you will find a third folder, called « \ C++ Redistr\ », which allow to update the
Windows C++ library. Install this update only if nothing works after the end of the installation.
I many thank Tom Aguilo, and Robbie Mac Elrath, modules authors, agreeing that I can include with this
pack.
Thomas

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

I see where you are reading this in the installation docs, but I do not have a third folder called \C++ Redist\ in my download of the A320...? It is an autoinstaller package, and did not have this folder in it I guess. If I knew which C++ file it was called I could go to Microsoft website and dowonload.

bankflyer

Post by bankflyer »

That was it! I went to AVSIM and downloaded the A318 aircraft and lo and behold there was a C++ folder in it, so installed the two libraries in it and the FMC now works ! The A320 did not have the third folder with the C++ libraries in it. Not sure why, I downloaded it from AVSIM also.... But problem solved! And a huge thanks to all who helped me in this, moskito and wulf and Francois and all others, where else but in the Flight Sim community would you get this assistance from strangers...we are good folks aren't we? Thanks again

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Glad we got it sorted 8-)

For other readers ...
it is in the folder ...\Modules_required\C++ Redistr

or download link...

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/downloa ... x?id=14632

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redist.
on a 64 bit system you should also install
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redist.

Thomas

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Good to hear this! That could be an other possibility to suggest in case of a similar issue. Happy flights!

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Salut guys.

I've recently renewed my interest in the FDD-FMC version of the A320. While the rebuilt cockpit parts are most likely never going to happen (simply too hard to model), I've managed to salvage an earlier model version of the cockpit that didn't look too bad to me.
Whhile all parts are still default, I've moved, scaled and otherwise modified enough stuff to adapt the entire cockpit position and windows to the PA A320 model and to give a better impression of the real A320 (you wouldn't believe how inaccurate the A321 cockpit model is in terms of size).

Anyway, this is what an A320 driver will see now:

Note the new FCU, the dimmed upper ECAMS display, the working ECAMS control panel and the wipers (that will actually wipe rain away).
Keen eyes will also note the raised glareshield, FCU panel and slightly higher mounted main panel.

But I've done much more than just that. The image doesn't show the new, more realistic audio control panel, the new chronograph (well, new code at least), some changes in the sound system, the new XPDR/TCAS panel I'm working on and testing whether I can integrate Arne Bartel's TrafficRadar into the ND (will provide provide TCAS indications and traffic advisories).

I'm working hard on trying to get things up to spec, but the changes are so extensive that I'd offer the result as a fork of the main project, i.e. an almost complete A320 package without the FMC Database, AIRAC, sounds and repaints based on the v.1.5.9 panels and gauges.

Once the A320s are released, I need Coki to look at the VC textures since I had to...umm, "improvise" to get the new panels in.

The long-term plan is, of course, to put the new cockpit into the other A32x family models. But the A320 has to be done first.

And maybe add an option for the new LCD displays.

P.S:
If I find the time, I'm going to try to convert the A320 Sharklet models into FSX native ones. And rebuild the A320 IAE in 3ds Max to restore wingflex. And the A320 CFM model to restore SATCOM antenna configurations.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Bjoern, this is simply amazing. Can´t wait for the updated A320.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I need some info on differences between the models. To make work on the other, exterior models easier, I want to retain as many parts as possible between them. Which is basically the wing, as the fuselages (and engines?) are naturally different.

Now, are there any non-obvious differences to look out for when working from an A320?
I know there's the taller tail on the A318, the greater rudder limit on the A319 and the double slotted (and larger?) flaps on the A321 (with different sequencing). Anything else?

Oh, and if somebody could find out about the possible SATCOM configurations on the FS9 models that wold be great.

Last, but not least, the info about the TCAS/XPDR panel that's available online is not consistent. I've counted at least three different types of panels. One without any TCAS functionality and two knobs to dial in the XPDR code (like the one on the MSFS A321), one with a single knob and six TCAS switches (which I've started working on) and one with three TCAS switches and a dial for the XPDR. Number one could be from early built models, number two might fit later models lime the one we're using, but what about the third variation? Is it part of the new cockpit standard with the LCD screens?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

The aircraft.cfg for the A320 will need to be updated to make it into a neo.

- 15% less fuel burn
- MLW 145,500 lb
- MTOW 172,000
- MRW 172.800
- empty weight -3,748lbs higher for CFM, 3,968lbs, 3,968lbs higher for PW
- thrust 27,000 lb
- Fuel 24,210G

Also, I think it would be good if you could work with Francois rather than forking, then the a330, a340 and a380 cockpits could be worked upon too.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

*Sigh*

Let's make this clear here and now:

a) No interest in the A320neo.
b) No interest in the A330 series.
c) No interest in the A340 series.
d) No interest in the A350 series.
e) No interest in the A380.
f) Very limited interest in the A300 or A310, but most likely no time.

Always, ALWAYS remember that this is a freeware show. No money to invest, but no release dates, no wishlists and no word in what's being developed.

The A320ceo is where the party's at.

BUT:
Yes, I would work with François and ideally, my changes find their way into the base package.
But let's hear from him first.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It wasn't clear which plane it was, you just mentioned the sharklets which could have been ceo or neo and most people associate it with the neo.
Anyway, users can update the ceo to the neo themselves as you only have to tweak the .cfg (and also the gauge to change weights) which is what I would do as the model is there.

The sharklets add 200kg or 440lbs to the empty weight.

It's a shame you have no interest in the larger planes as they'd obviously benefit most from the resized cockpit but I wouldn't want to work for weeks on a project I have no interest in either.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

There's no NEO model. Unless you use one made for AI use.

Noted for later use. I highly suggest giving them their own aircraft.cfg anyway to scale down induced drag.

Huh? I've had to scale the cockpit down, not up. No idea how this would benefit the widebody models at all.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

New Radio Management Panel, new Audio Control Panel and on the F/O side the new XPDR/TCAS panel.

Panel lighting.

Flood lighting.

Nightscape with the FCU.

I went for the older, pre-Enhanced RMP. The newer one has its status lights above the button instead of left of it. Same for the XPDR/TCAS. I'll reserve the dialpad version for whenever I get around to doing the LCD-modded cockpit.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

That looks nice, you've got rid of the course display. Have you managed to make the airbus do auto course as in real life? If not, how will the pilot know the course?

I am not sure if you can do this, but can you change the click spot from the bottom right of the PFD to the terrain button?

Good work.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

There's no auto-course as this would have to be managed by the FMC and I'm not sure if François implemented that.
But if you look closely, you can see that the second display on the Radio Management Panel is labeled "STBY/CRS". So I've highjacked the "ILS" and "MLS" (the latter does not exist in FSX anyway) modes of the panel to display the active NAV1 with its course setting (ILS) and active NAV2 with its course setting (MLS). When either of those two modes are active, the respective course can be tuned with the RMP knobs.

For convenience, switching the FCU to TRK/FPA mode also allows changing of the NAV1 course with the HDG selector.

If you mean the "Terrain on ND" functionality, the respective button on the main panel may be used for that.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Guys,Hello Bjoern

I have some professional problems to solve and I will have many many less time to give to the project some weeks, but project is not stopped. I hope to have more time available at the end of June.

I have a panel update ready for all A32x that fix some bugs. I try to prepare panel pack for Sunday.

I will continue each first saturday of each month to update airport database.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Bjoern , you new cockpit work seems to be great !

Francois

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I just got a PA update on FB asking if everyone is ready for an A350. Might be worth waiting on the FD A350 if this is true.

Maybe thats why the A330 has taken about ten years!

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern wrote:
19 May 2017, 15:46
Salut guys.

I've recently renewed my interest in the FDD-FMC version of the A320. While the rebuilt cockpit parts are most likely never going to happen (simply too hard to model), I've managed to salvage an earlier model version of the cockpit that didn't look too bad to me.
Whhile all parts are still default, I've moved, scaled and otherwise modified enough stuff to adapt the entire cockpit position and windows to the PA A320 model and to give a better impression of the real A320 (you wouldn't believe how inaccurate the A321 cockpit model is in terms of size).

Note the new FCU, the dimmed upper ECAMS display, the working ECAMS control panel and the wipers (that will actually wipe rain away).
Keen eyes will also note the raised glareshield, FCU panel and slightly higher mounted main panel.

But I've done much more than just that. The image doesn't show the new, more realistic audio control panel, the new chronograph (well, new code at least), some changes in the sound system, the new XPDR/TCAS panel I'm working on and testing whether I can integrate Arne Bartel's TrafficRadar into the ND (will provide provide TCAS indications and traffic advisories).

I'm working hard on trying to get things up to spec, but the changes are so extensive that I'd offer the result as a fork of the main project, i.e. an almost complete A320 package without the FMC Database, AIRAC, sounds and repaints based on the v.1.5.9 panels and gauges.

Once the A320s are released, I need Coki to look at the VC textures since I had to...umm, "improvise" to get the new panels in.

The long-term plan is, of course, to put the new cockpit into the other A32x family models. But the A320 has to be done first.

P.S:
If I find the time, I'm going to try to convert the A320 Sharklet models into FSX native ones. And rebuild the A320 IAE in 3ds Max to restore wingflex. And the A320 CFM model to restore SATCOM antenna configurations.

What is problem with textures because I did not play FSX since I made dirty textures for a32x VC?

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

CokiBH wrote:
27 May 2017, 17:31
Bjoern wrote:
19 May 2017, 15:46
Salut guys.

P.S:

What is problem with textures because I did not play FSX since I made dirty textures for a32x VC?
If you remake a321 VC to look good just say I will retexture it even better with you model.Because a321 default VC is very simple and there is lot of empty space so I need to improvise and add some textures (like ND button) ,shadows and dirt wear and tear to fill that empty space.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern you just make good VC best you can do not delete some great feature of something because of textures I will give my best to do textures with model.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern I also see on image above you use old VC textures why?...Try to make VC model for latest textures because latest textures are about 95% of VC retextured.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Your old textures were the ones I had installed when I started the modifications and I do not have time to start all over again with your newer, updated ones. (Textures are your job anyway.)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

A quick message to tell that I have uploaded Panel 1.60 for A32x family;

You can download here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... family.zip

It comes with my updater program, but you can install panels manually.

What's new with this version :
- Runway threshold waypoint was not always created when SID loaded : bug fixed
- some minor bugs fixed

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Did you modify any files in A320_CFM.cab?
Most files in there are dated 14.03.2017 while those from version 1.59 are dated 02.04.2017.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

because in previous version,when I prepared a panel package, I dated files from the day of the update, but for 1.60, I didn't think to do it.

But files in the 1.60 are the most recent files. So, forget files's date and replace 1.59 by 1.60.

Sorry for the missing operation.

Francois

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

It's okay,. I ran most files through Diffchecker there weren't too many changes.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I finally had time for a test flight and it went fairly well. The new FCU behaved, as did the other things like the TCAS.
With Radar Contact, I could even use the FMC and have proper ATC at the same time, with the two exceptions being top of descent and initial approach vectoring. After the handover to the approach controller, I could declare that I'm using a standard approach and let the FMC take over again.

However, the automatic touchdown and rollout did not work. I had "Auto QNH" enabled in the FMC and the autobrakes set, but the autopilot never switched modes at 650 feet.

Also, upon touching down, the panel was automatically reinitialized. Looking at the code in A320_FMS_init.xml, it was probably because of differing values between the flight plan and FMC airport altitude. I've removed the code block for now.

Regardless, two pictures of the flight. Weather was provided by FSXWX and Mother Nature.

Evening departure out of EDDT...

...and arrival at EDDM. Note the rain and FSX' typical handling of approaching AI aircraft (forgot to start AI Smooth).

Note the string of TCAS contacts on the ND. One thing I'm scratching my head about is why I can't properly scale the range indications for the TCAS overlay on the ND. Contacts are either shown as too close or too far, no matter how much I scale their range.

I'm doing another flight at the moment from EDDM to EDDH without any ATC guidance or external weather.

- Edit:

The second flight went better. I think the reason why autoland was disabled the previous time was because of me using flaps 3 without knowing (or checking) that this inhibits autoland.

I was much to high this time around though and had to go missed. Going back to the initial approach fix took some fighting with the FMS. I had to use manual/unmanaged modes and deleted the appraoch from the flight plan for good measure. Then, I readded it and after leaving the IAF behind me, I could execute a successful managed approach with the autopilot and FMC.

By the way:

The MEMO pages of the upper EICAS says that the strobe light should be switched on while still at the gate or after pushback. This is a weird operating procedure since, for all I know, strobe lights are only activated when entering the active runway (or shut off when leaving the active runway at the destination). Maybe the MEMO is supposed to be about the beacon lights (which are switched on during engine start)?
There also isn't a reminder to switch on pitot heat prior to takeoff. Again, this is standard operating procedure as far as I know, even regardless of weather.

This is something that I can fix myself though.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Alright, here's the updated cockpit.
Note that this is an almost complete aircraft package (minus repaints, FMC database and AIRAC and sounds) for the A320 CFM and IAE version and built from the most up to date FD-FMC release. (NO A318 (yet)! NO A319 (yet)! NO A321 (yet)!)

Getting into details about what has changed compared to the standard FD-FMC release is too much to list for me right now, but it's all listed in the readme anyway.

I hope that François and anybody else will find this useful and that I won't get any dumb questions in return.
The source files for the VC textures are included for Coki in .xcf (GIMP format) to make porting my changes to the more up to date textures easier.

The download link is below and will always link to the most up to date version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

And again READ THE README! Everything's explained in there.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Airbus auto mode means the strobes only come on when the plane detects lift-off, I believe they are optional while taxiing but turned off at night and in fog while taxiing but have to be turned on when crossing runways.

Also, a very small thing, I though both AP weren't supposed to be engaged except for an autoland. Can that be programmed in?

Nice work, That's the VC I would use myself after making it a NEO in the config.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Interesting tidbit about the strobes. I still don't think that they're supposed to be on prior to entering the active though.
If I ever get around to upgrading the overhead, I think I'll untie all switches from any default funtionality so that things like auto strobes can be implemented more easily.

The AP switches can be toggled independently on the FCU, but since MSFS only has a single AP switch, it doesn't make a difference capability-wise anyway. The keyboard/joystick key toggles both switches. Edit the FCU gauges to change this.

And I'm still against the idea of misusing a bog standard A320ceo as a neo (not with all the visual differences), but whatever floats your boat.