Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Bjoern

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern »

Does anyone else find the spoiler functionality a bit wonky?
I can't use the keyboard controls and have to use the cockpit lever, which is a bit tedious.
The takeoff checklist says that the spoilers need to be armed, but this isn't possible since the key event is blocked.

On the MFD, the TOD distance indication is on top of another indication, making it impossible to read either one. Known bug?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 22:18
The takeoff checklist says that the spoilers need to be armed, but this isn't possible since the key event is blocked.
The spoilers automatically arm at 80 kts in the FD-FMC A320.
On the MFD, the TOD distance indication is on top of another indication, making it impossible to read either one. Known bug?
In my sim, the bottom left corner of the MFD shows the next waypoint. When the TOD is before the next waypoint, that corner will only show the distance remaining to reach TOD. After descent has begun, I can see the next waypoint again. There are no indications superimposed.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Bjoern wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 22:04
Prosdocimo wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 16:32
Hi. When FMC switches from Cruise to Descent.. is autothrottle supposed to reduce throttles? Or do I have to do it manually? In my sim throttles any more go to idle when descent stars. I have v1.60
What worked for me (and is stated in the manual, I think) is pushing the ALT hold button on the MCDU.
Hi. Yes I do. When i reach TOD, i get "deceleration" flashing and I press ALT (left click). I get "THR idle" and "more drag" messages but throttles stay on Climb detend and I need to idle manually. On my not modified A321 v1.60 everything is ok.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 03:31
The spoilers automatically arm at 80 kts in the FD-FMC A320.
Is that the reason why they're blocked for manual operation?

It's probably an easy fix, but sometimes, finding the offending code in the 834983460346 XML files is awfully hard.
In my sim, the bottom left corner of the MFD shows the next waypoint. When the TOD is before the next waypoint, that corner will only show the distance remaining to reach TOD. After descent has begun, I can see the next waypoint again. There are no indications superimposed.
Weird. Need to check the MFD code then.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 13:35
The320Pilot wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 03:31
Weird. Need to check the MFD code then.
What is weird?
This kind of display has been extra chosen to visualize the remaining distance to TOD beginning 20nm away from TOD. The alternative would be to include a TOD symbol for better visualization on the corresponding leg (as in reality) but the coding was far too complicate. So I strongly hope to remain with the current definition as is.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Prosdocimo wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 08:37
Bjoern wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 22:04
Prosdocimo wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 16:32
Hi. When FMC switches from Cruise to Descent.. is autothrottle supposed to reduce throttles? Or do I have to do it manually? In my sim throttles any more go to idle when descent stars. I have v1.60
What worked for me (and is stated in the manual, I think) is pushing the ALT hold button on the MCDU.
Hi. Yes I do. When i reach TOD, i get "deceleration" flashing and I press ALT (left click). I get "THR idle" and "more drag" messages but throttles stay on Climb detend and I need to idle manually. On my not modified A321 v1.60 everything is ok.
It's weird. As if i right-click going to selected mode and then i left-click.. it works (levers go to idle)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Bjoern wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 13:35

Is that the reason why they're blocked for manual operation?

It's probably an easy fix, but sometimes, finding the offending code in the 834983460346 XML files is awfully
There was a discussion many topics ago, about spoilers key usage and the issue coming from, regarding a particular part of the FMC's code. I don't remember what.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 14:19
What is weird?
This kind of display has been extra chosen to visualize the remaining distance to TOD beginning 20nm away from TOD. The alternative would be to include a TOD symbol for better visualization on the corresponding leg (as in reality) but the coding was far too complicate. So I strongly hope to remain with the current definition as is.
I'm not going to change what's displayed, I only want to make the underlying logic more error-proof.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

There is an issue from the beginning in the VC A321 default: The default and improved switches in the overhead panel create "wrong" sunlight shadows using FSX with the DX10 fixer, please see the pic below from Bjoern´s improved A320 1.60.

To Bjoern, any chance to get this corrected in the VC model or in the aircraft model, as you intend to improve these models anyway?
It seems that the sunlight penetrates the outer skin and the overhead panel.

To Flyer10, do you recognize similar weird shadow effects in P3D V4 ?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It could be your throttle spiking, mine are old now so sometimes the only way to stop them spiking is to move them to idle.

Also the throttle still works to a degree even with the autothrottle on, leave them at 50% and you wont get enough power for a climb so you have to move them to 90% and then its ok and the AT stays on during this but you can see the engine get more power.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

wulfbindewald wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 07:49

I am not exactly sure what I should be looking for but the taxi and landing lights penetrate the cockpit and light up everything so it wouldn't surprise me if the sun can do something similar.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 08:37
wulfbindewald wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 07:49

I am not exactly sure what I should be looking for but the taxi and landing lights penetrate the cockpit and light up everything so it wouldn't surprise me if the sun can do something similar.
Here one further pic to show the sun-illuminated switch area during day.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

wulfbindewald wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 09:07

Here one further pic to show the sun-illuminated switch area during day.
I see now, P3Dv4 has dynamic lighting which lights up the whole cockpit like that at night when you have the lights on. It looks like the model has some kind of deficiency where it can let light through although my cockpit shadows look fine in the daytime

It looks totally different to your screen shot.

There is also another problem at night, all the white writing like hPa, In hg, ILS, Vor etc is duplicated on top of each other at night.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10, it seems that Bjoern´s A320 VC updates from 5th June, 13:20, and 10th June, 17:53, have not been installed. Maybe this is the reason, why your VC looks generally different....but this is not the reason of my sun lighting prob on my end.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Yes, I am still using the stock version but at least it confirms something has happened in Bjorns updates to make those shadows.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Could very well be an incompatible DX10 shader setting, but I've got more important fish to fry than correcting shadowing of some switches.

P.S: Running DX10 here as well.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I was having trouble with reflections in V4 especially with the landing lights on but managed to fix it so if anyone thinks the reflections are over done, post and I can upload my new reflections file.

I also saw this gauge that prevents the nose dive on disengagement of the AP at low levels. Perhaps it could be put into the FD version?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document
Type="AceXML"
version="1,0"
id="SFCC">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>A_SFCC.xml</Filename>
<SimGauge.Gauge id="Gauge">
<FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
<Update id="SFCC">
<Frequency>50</Frequency>
<Script>
(A:Radio height,feet) 98 &lt; if{ 0 (&gt;L:up,bool) }
(A:Radio height,feet) 100 &lt; (A:Radio height,feet) 98 &gt; &amp;&amp; (A:VERTICAL SPEED,feet per minute) -200 &lt; &amp;&amp; if{ 1 (&gt;L:up,bool) }
(L:up,bool) 1 == if{ -1500 (&gt;K:AXIS_ELEV_TRIM_SET) }
</Script>
</Update>
</SimGauge.Gauge>
</SimBase.Document>

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 19:34
I also saw this gauge that prevents the nose dive on disengagement of the AP at low levels. Perhaps it could be put into the FD version?
Bjoern´s A320 MOD: I could only duplicate this behaviour (nose up or nose down) if I do not locate the flight sim yoke into the neutral position before AP disengagement. I have a yoke where the neutral position is autom. ensured with a mech. spring adjustment. The A/C continues the travel w/o dive or nose up.
Also the joystick controller adjustment in the sim menu to "zero tolerance" might help, but not tested yet.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

wulfbindewald wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 11:09
Bjoern´s A320 MOD: I could only duplicate this behaviour (nose up or nose down) if I do not locate the flight sim yoke into the neutral position before AP disengagement. I have a yoke where the neutral position is autom. ensured with a mech. spring adjustment. The A/C continues the travel w/o dive or nose up.
Also the joystick controller adjustment in the sim menu to "zero tolerance" might help, but not tested yet.
It's a known sim FBW bug, try it a bit nose heavy (usually needed to get the descent done correctly) and see what happens, eg put 18000lbs in front and centre cargo. The nose drops like a stone and an impact with the ground is guaranteed. The Yoke has been untouched for 30 minutes.
Its because the AP trims up the elevator to keep it on the glideslope but resets it to zero when you turn off the AP. A bad thing at 300 feet. Bjorn may have fixed it by doing a similar thing but I don't have his mod so cannot be sure.

It may also be trimmed up further than normal for me because I never get the vref on the screen because it does't work unless you use an FD star.

Francois, there's also a bug in the A330 night lighting, the white writing has ghosting at night.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 09:10
wulfbindewald wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 11:09
It's a known sim FBW bug, try it a bit nose heavy (usually needed to get the descent done correctly) and see what happens, eg put 18000lbs in front and centre cargo. The nose drops like a stone and an impact with the ground is guaranteed. The Yoke has been untouched for 30 minutes.
Its because the AP trims up the elevator to keep it on the glideslope but resets it to zero when you turn off the AP. A bad thing at 300 feet. Bjorn may have fixed it by doing a similar thing but I don't have his mod so cannot be sure.
Now I could duplicate that the trim resets to zero after AP disengage and the nose down effect.

Another thing which bothers me since the beginning is that the ILS path during approach is not well followed under crosswind conditions above 10K. As a consequence I have to disengage AP much earlier to manually correct the path. An improvement would be appreciated....

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

wulfbindewald wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 10:54

Another thing which bothers me since the beginning is that the ILS path during approach is not well followed under crosswind conditions above 10K. As a consequence I have to disengage AP much earlier to manually correct the path. An improvement would be appreciated....
That's exactly the scenario that leads to the nose drop, you get close and realise the plane can't make an autoland so you have to turn off the AP.

I am trying the gauge on the A330 and it seems to work and I haven't had a nose drop yet. I did a manual landing turning off the AP at 500 feet with a good sized cargo and it was faultless, I had to check FBW was enabled in the .cfg.

You can try these settings to help you with the autoland, I assume the AP uses the trim to increasing the latter 2 may help keep it on track.

aileron_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Flyer10 wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 09:10
There's only so much a FBW can do and only so much leverage from the elevators. After all, there's a reason why aircraft come with center of gravity limits.

If A_SFCC.xml really works, I can integrate it into my FBW workarounds by setting the last elevator trim value used by the autopilot after the disconnect.

wulfbindewald wrote:
The A320 autoland crosswind limit is 15 knots*.

If you want to improve glide path tracking, try adjusting the proportional, integrative and derivative terms of the autopilot's PID controller in the aircraft.cfg. See here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... ocId942782

* http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopi ... #p10786045

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 17:40
wulfbindewald wrote:
The A320 autoland crosswind limit is 15 knots*.

If you want to improve glide path tracking, try adjusting the proportional, integrative and derivative terms of the autopilot's PID controller in the aircraft.cfg. See here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... ocId942782
* http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopi ... #p10786045
Thanks, I´ll play a bit with the 3 lateral PID factors.

Just found a small bug in the A320 MOD: The ND switcher ILS-VOR-NAV-ARC-PLN-... shows a nav. rose again, if you continue to switch with the mouse to the right from PLN on. Info for Your disposition.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 10:36
Just found a small bug in the A320 MOD: The ND switcher ILS-VOR-NAV-ARC-PLN-... shows a nav. rose again, if you continue to switch with the mouse to the right from PLN on. Info for Your disposition.
I know. I've left the sixth position in because the MFD is configured for it. Not sure what it's supposed to do though.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

I promise you, I come back soon.....but I need to take some holidays to change my mind.....

and today, the is many forest fires in the south of the France, because wind is very heavy.

So, I took some pictures of Canadair in action.

Sorry for quality and color because I have just an old laptop to manage my pictures...

Sorry for this first picture, but I selected a to quick speed on my camera and propellers are frozen.........
:laugh:

These pilots are incredible !!!!

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

While forests in southern France are burning, eastern Germany has nothing but rain for the last few days. Wish I could send some over.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Wonderful pics...Stay safe and enjoy your hols..Well deserved
:-)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

For adventurer and bush pilots: There is a well done Bombardier CL415 aircraft with VC available in flightsim.com, bombardier_cl-415_v2_fsx.zip.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Looks good.Thanks for the HU.

Abdullah Radwan

Post by Abdullah Radwan »

Hello, I've send OEMA,OETF,HSSS,HSOB in June, but I don't see them in July airac, why?
I send them to airport email in manual.
Also, OKBK is ready.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 14:24
Hello, I've send OEMA,OETF,HSSS,HSOB in June, but I don't see them in July airac, why?
I send them to airport email in manual.
Also, OKBK is ready.
I recommend to send these data to "airport@freenavdbgroup.com" again.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Abdullah,

I am not at home and I haven't my PW to access to freenavdbgroup website and freenav mail server, so sorry, I cannot check if your airport have been arrived.

So excuse me, but you have to wait until first week of september, because I take some holydays currently and I have some professionals dates at the end of august.

So, I cannot update Freenav database in august.

Sorry for te convenience and send me a recall PM at the end of august;

For other airport authors, sorry for the delay; But may and june have been very difficult months for me and I required to change my mind.

Francois

Abdullah Radwan

Looks that project will died soon ;(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Abdullah,

No, project is not died. So, as I explained, I have many professional difficulties and I am very very busy.

So, from today, I join again the community. I cannot promise you that I will be here every day for the moment, but I will come as often as possible.

You told me in a previous message that you sent to me an airport, but I cannot see it in my mails. Can you send it again ? to send an aiport, use the following adress : airport[AT]freenavdbgroup.com (replace [AT] by @ ) ;)

My first action will be to update airport database, because there are 32 airports that wait to be published (all my excuses to the airport creators for the delay).

So, I try to upload today or tomorrow new airports and AIRAC.

François

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

We can wait, remember Francois is doing this on his own and he still gets things done quicker than PA that take about 15 years per plane! Real life comes first.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 16:24
Looks that project will died soon ;(
No, it hasn't. SKBG is ready but needs some more testing, and I'm working on SKBQ. I need to pretty much code again everything for SKBO as there will be new RNAV SID, STAR and approaches starting on 14th September.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

July and August airports are online, with new AIRAC :

CANADA :
CYEG Edmonton by Wulf Bindewald
CYFB Igaluit by Wulf Bindewald : 2 versions : 1 for stock airport and 1 for ORBX freeware scenery
CYHZ Halifax by Wulf Bindewald : 2 versions : 1 for stock airport and 1 for ORBX scenery
CYMM Fort McMurray by Wulf Bindewald
CYOW Ottawa by Wulf Bindewald
CYQR Regina by Wulf Bindewald
CYWG Winnipeg by Wulf Bindewald
CYXE Saskatoon by Wulf Bindewald
CYXE Saskatoon by Georges
CYYC Calgary by Wulf Bindewald
CYYT Saint Johns by Wulf Bindewald
CYZF Yellowknife by Wulf Bindewald

EUROPA :
EETN Tallinn (Estonia) by Philippe Bronier
EGKK London Gatwick (United Kingdom) by Martien Van Rooten
EVRA Riga (Latvia) by Philippe Bronier
GCFV Fuerteventura (Canaria Islands) by Martien Van Rooten
GCLA Santa Cruz De La Palma (Canaria Islands) by Martien Van Rooten
GCLP Las Palmas (Canaria Islands) by Martien Van Rooten
GCTS Tenerife (Canaria Islands) by Martien Van Rooten
GCXO Los Rodeos (Canaria Islands) by Martien Van Rooten
LPPS Porto Santo (Portugal) by Martien Van Rooten
LRBS Bucarest Aurel Vlaicu (Romania) by Martien Van Rooten
LRCL Cluj Nacopa (Romania) by Martien Van Rooten
LRIA Iasi (Romania) by Martien Van Rooten
LRTR Timisoara (Romania) by Martien Van Rooten
LTAC Ankara (Turkey) by Martien Van Rooten

OCEANIA :
NZDN Dunedin (New Zealand) by Georges

CARIBBEAN:
TBPB Bridgetown (Barbados) by Wulf Bindewald
TIST Saint Thomas (Virgin Islands) by Wulf Bindewald
TKPK Robert Bradshaw Intl (Saint Kitts et Nevis) by Wulf Bindewald

UPDATES:
MHTG Tugucigalpa Toncontin (Honduras) by Carlos Mario Diaz ; 1 version for FSX stock airport and 1 version with updated runway name for addon scenery

New AIRAC files :
FreenavAIRAC_09022017.BGL
XFMC_09022017.BGL

link : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832

Many thanks to authors !

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 13:40
Hello Abdullah,

No, project is not died. So, as I explained, I have many professional difficulties and I am very very busy.

So, from today, I join again the community. I cannot promise you that I will be here every day for the moment, but I will come as often as possible.

You told me in a previous message that you sent to me an airport, but I cannot see it in my mails. Can you send it again ? to send an aiport, use the following adress : airport[AT]freenavdbgroup.com (replace [AT] by @ ) ;)

My first action will be to update airport database, because there are 32 airports that wait to be published (all my excuses to the airport creators for the delay).

So, I try to upload today or tomorrow new airports and AIRAC.

François
Thank you very much for your great work!

Sorry for delay, I've send them again (looks too late :@ )

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

There is an information panel on the freenavdbgroup web site, where you can find the list of current airports under construction by members:
FreenavDBgroup.com --> Airport Creation Tools --> Airport under construction

The aim is to inform the community about airports in the pipeline and to avoid double airport constructions in the future.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

In first, congratulations to Bjoern and his fantastic VC upgrade !!!

I downloaded files and did a quick test and it seems very great !!.

I hope that I got all files and last version.... because not easy to follow all modification.

So, I have now more free time (not enough yet) and I can start to work on this new project.

If someone can summurize update that must be done on the XML gauge to fix last bugs (FMC).

Francois

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

fdd_fr wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 17:42

If someone can summurize update that must be done on the XML gauge to fix last bugs (FMC).

Francois
Do you mean with Bjorns a320 or your normal version?

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Is any one else getting this spam here???

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Yes, I hope this spam could be elliminated by Francois.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

What do you guys prefer: the RNAV STARs separated from the non-RNAV ones or all of them ordered by direction (independently of RNAV status)?

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

wulfbindewald wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 20:20
Yes, I hope this spam could be elliminated by Francois.
Thanks Wulf...Thought it was Just me...Pain in the butt! :roll:

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 21:05
What do you guys prefer: the RNAV STARs separated from the non-RNAV ones or all of them ordered by direction (independently of RNAV status)?
STARs with RNAV and non-RNAV appr:
- defined in one appr file, because quite often the same STAR exit = IAF could be used.
- separated if the ILS-LOC-VOR-NDB tracks include ARCs and defined with quite different IAFs.

STAR definition per direction or per runway(s):
- if a STAR track includes runway(s) with different directions, then one STAR and one appr. file (but with one "artificial" IAF) is my favourite to avoid numerous STAR lines. Prob: Number of approach lines in the appr file is limited to 16.
- an artificial STAR separation direction-wise might be sensible for parallel runways, but doubles the number of STAR lines.
- an artificial STAR separation direction-wise for non-parallel=crossing runways is less preferred, because it multiplies the number of STAR lines.

....IMO at the end a personal choice.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Did Bjoern release vc with new autopilot knobs and displays??

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

CokiBH wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 11:01
Did Bjoern release vc with new autopilot knobs and displays??
Last known incremental VC Model download in this forum: 10. June.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Yep, that's the last one.

Now that François is back, I can start to gather motivation to redo the glareshield ND controls and the overhead panel.

I also want to midify the load/save system, to have any FMS data saved independently from any systems data. This should make it easier to find and avoid bugs.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Yay!