A321 FSX Antennae Option (A321_misc_1)

Forum rules
Don't use Imageshack or Photobucket. Don't post paint requests.
ilikellamas

A321 FSX Antennae Option (A321_misc_1)

Post by ilikellamas »

Hi, first post here.

I recently started adjusting my third-party textures for the PA A321 Sharklet model (running FSX) to display the correct antennae, I sometimes find that some models will not display certain antennae types ;(. I understand the antennae textures are contained in the file A321_misc_1 and was wondering if someone could provide a version of this texture that has all the antennae on it, as It seems that A321_misc_1 does not always have the required antennae textures on it. It particular, the SATJ, SATU, SATC and SATV textures which I cannot see on most .bmp

Thanks for any help.

Bjoern

Re: A321 FSX Antennae Option (A321_misc_1)

Post by Bjoern »

Have you tried looking in any basepacks for the regular A321?

ilikellamas

Post by ilikellamas »

The base packs still don't have all the antennae textures on them, just ANT1 ANT2 ANT3 and the large SATU dome, but I still can't find a texture that renders the SATJ, SATV or SATC domes

ilikellamas

Post by ilikellamas »

The more I experiment with this the more I suspect the presence of the textures is not enough, for sharklet model aircraft from PA I can consistently get the antennae to appear, but for non-sharklet versions (earlier versions) the antennae are not responsive to 'ANT' commands in their titles, perhaps this is a bug with the .CFG?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Have you tried reading the included documentation? It should have a section on antenna options.

ilikellamas

Post by ilikellamas »

I checked through the readme's in all the official basepacks, but none of them listed specific instruction on how to use antennae commands, they just list the features. Perhaps this topic should be moved to the official modelling forum.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

That's weird. I could have sworn that there was some info about the antennas in the pdf documentation. But maybe this was for the FSX native models only (on which, ironically, the antenna customization commands do not work).