SIDs Not Showing and FD-FMC Buttons (Letters and Number Keys) Don't Work

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
ricardoromero

SIDs Not Showing and FD-FMC Buttons (Letters and Number Keys) Don't Work

Post by ricardoromero »

Hi!

I use Flight Simulator X (FSX) with Service Packs 1 and 2 installed. I recently installed Project Airbus A320 v.1.55, and SIDs are not showing on the FD-FMC, neither are the FD-FMC buttons (letters and numbers keys) working. When I click the "SID" option in the FD-FMC, no SIDs show up; and when I go to the "Take-Off" page, I can't type the Runway ID, Runway HDG, Dpt Position, etc., even though I can hear the "clicks" of the letters and number keys when I try to enter values. Before starting my flights, I always create an IFR Flight Plan with the FSX default flight planner (KLAX to KSFO, for example).

I noticed that on Sec. 15.1 (p. 104) of the User Manual there is a solution for this problem. It says the following:

"SID, STAR or Approaches are not displayed in FD-FMC gauge or/and FD-FMC buttons doesn’t work
o «XMLTools.dll» module for FSX or XMLTools3D.dll and LoggerX.dll module forP3D are not properly installed. Check modules installation with the aircraft Install Manual.
o «FMC_Path.ini» file is not properly filled about the FSX/P3D save game path folder. See aircraft Install Manual."

Since I use FSX, I copied the XMLTools.dll file found in the "PA_A320FD-FMC_CFM_IAE > Modules_requires > FSX-P3Dv1.x_v2.1" folder and pasted it in my FSX root folder. Later, I copied the "FD_FMC" file and pasted it in my FSX root folder. Afterwards, I opened the "FMC_Path" inside the "FD_FMC" file of my root FSX folder and, since I am using Windows 10 Home, typed the following: "C:\\Users\\MY USER NAME\\Documents\\Flight Simulator X Files\\" with no lines or spaces before or after the said text. Of course, I typed my username where it said "MY USER NAME."

After doing this, I opened my "dll.xml" file in the "AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > FSX" folder and, after a "</Launch.Addon>", typed the following:

"<Launch.Addon> <Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>XMLTools.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>"

I closed the file and clicked on "save". I also went to the freenavdbgroup.com webpage and downloaded the latest AIRAC and installed it. I went again to the "FD_FMC" file of my root FSX folder and installed all airports in order to leave them all in 4 letters ICAO names.

After doing this, I opened FSX and clicked "yes" on the messages box regarding the new "DLLs". Still, SIDs are not showing on the FD-FMC, and the FD-FMC buttons (letters and numbers keys) are not working.

What am I doing wrong and how can I get the FD-FMC working properly?

Thanks!

Bjoern

Re: SIDs Not Showing and FD-FMC Buttons (Letters and Number Keys) Don't Work

Post by Bjoern »

Keep in mind that only a fraction of the airports included in FSX has available SID/STAR data from FreeNav. If an airport hasn't been covered yet, you obviously won't have SIDs and STARs for use by the FMC.

Other than that, your installation procedure looks correct.

kdogg78

Post by kdogg78 »

same problem even used airports on installation manual, still no sid or star
fsx on steam

kdogg78

Post by kdogg78 »

fixed it
may have been an input error , found a word that should have been upper case . and maybe with windowws 10 paths are different