Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 30 Dec 2017, 22:44

Did a short ground test of the new FMS (no time to fly an entire flight).


Observations:
- The FMS screen should be clickable to open it in a 2D popup window
- I can't change the departure runway set on the init page and have to use the old FMC window to do this*.
- The "flap retraction schedule" is a really nice touch! Is this reflected on the PFD?
- Once set, the mach number and weight for FL2 can't be cleared. Is this relevant if there is no more FL2 defined?
- The new FMC blacks out if the old one is set to the "depart" and "arrival" page. Not a dealbreaker, but a bit confusing regardless. Maybe add a message that the page content can't be displayed or use a different variable name for the new FMC's pages**.
- "MLW" is not displayed in lbs on the "APPR" page, even if the rest of the aircraft is.
- The "APPR" page indicate that there's a second page, but there isn't.
- Is the "Status" page on the "Menu" page supposed to be operational?
- The "STAR" and "STATUS" entries on the "Menu" page are missing their ">"
- Is the "Legs" page supposed to be scollable? If so, it isn't. (And the tooltip for the button is wrong.)
- An operational "Del" button would be nice to delete the last entered digit (I have some example code for numerical data entry though).



* What's the purpose of entering the departure runway anyway? Departure in low visibility? Filtering the SID list (this could be a nice feature, if a duplication of the runway in the flight plan after editing a SID can be avoided.
** Speaking of, we need to find a way to make the flight plan on the ND scrollable from waypoint to waypoint. Could be very hard to pull off though.


SID/STAR database:
Can with airport making experience someone check the data for TXL?
I think the BRANE2L departure is mislabeled as "E" when it should be "WSW".
Or maybe check the charts for changes in the first place:
http://vau.aero/navdb/chart/EDDT.pdf


I've also written Alex, the LNM developer, regarding a "stock FSX file name" export option for flight plans, so one won't have to rename it anymore before use by the FMC.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 30 Dec 2017, 23:17

Something I've been working on: An aircraft manager for everything a pilot needs before and during a flight.


The value in the station load bars can be displayed in metric or imperial units or displayed as the number of passengers at a station.
Data entry is easy. Click a station, type in the value on the keyboard and hit enter. To completely fill a station, enter a very high number and the gauge will automatically impose the stations load limit.
Note that the weight summary at the bottom doesn't adapt to the selected unit of measure yet. This will be fixed.
Image

Same for the fuel page. Kg/lbs or l/gal for volumes. (Maybe percent in a future version.)
It will also automatically detect the presence of the aux tanks on the A321 (or A319CJ) and show them.
Image

Nothing to show for the door page yet.

The "Config" page is going to be the heart of the aircraft. From there, you will be able to set everything from units of measure (weight, distance, etc.) to autosave intervals, ato-reset and everything else that's going to be relevant for configuring the aircraft.

(I couldn't make changing the flight number work yet though.)

Image

The panel in the top right will enable you to manually load/save and reset the aircraft.

While this looks pretty complete, I need to pour in more work. Doors page, filling the config page and making the load/save buttons work.




And then there's this:

Image


While this won't bring any modeling changes or new features to the table, it's a (very work intensive) solution to the night lighting, wing flex and antenna bugs of the present FSX native models. And, well, it'll come with Sharklets. And maybe as a cheap NEO model if I can find a source for the engine models.

Still, as you can see with the uncolored parts, I'm not done yet. Since the model is very detailed with lots of animated parts, progress is slow. I also need to rewrite quite a bit of custom code (e.g. for the drooping control surfaces). And I haven't put it into FSX yet, so there's going to be quite a bug hunt. I've messaged Esa about publishing the model, but since he wanted to ask the other team members about it, I'm not sure when I'm going to get the "Go".


So much to do for 2018...


François:
Speaking of doors...can you create the DOORS and all other missing pages of the ECAMS if you find the time? They can display placeholder values if you want. I just want the graphical elements to be present when I get around to revising the aircraft systems while (re)doing the overhead panel.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 30 Dec 2017, 23:26

Oh, by the way...

If you want to fly the A320's ancestor, check out Mario Noriega's awesome Dassault Mercure. It's as feature complete as I want the A320 to be in terms of modeled systems and could easily pass as payware!

http://simviation.com/hjg/

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 04 Jan 2018, 00:30

Modded François' latest MCDU/FMC.

- Scrollable LEGS page with deletable waypoints (use the LSK keys to select a waypoint and press DEL)
- Modified MFD/ND gauge with waypoint focusing on the PLAN page
- Clickable MCDU screen that will open the zoomed popup version
- Proper night bitmaps
- New folder and gauge name

This will enable review of the flight plan along its length without having to open the old FMC window.
Scrolling the "LEGS" page in flight will shift the active waypoint!

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IKzsu ... Vw6VnQD9lp

(Will stay online until François has reviewed and incorporated the changes.)

fdd_fr
Posts: 1686
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 16:02

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr » 07 Jan 2018, 16:11

Hello

Happy new years to everybody ! New airports are online :



GMTT - Tanger - Morocco by Georges
KBNA - Nashville - USA (Tenessee) by Wulf Bindewald
KCHS - Charleston - USA (South Caroline) by Wulf Bindewald
KDTW - Detroit - USA (Michigan) by Francois Dore
LZIB - Bratislava - Slovak Republic by Martien Van Rooten
UAUU - Narimanovka/Kostenaï - Kazakhstan by Martien Van Rooten
UKOO - Odessa - Ukraine by Martien Van Rooten
Updated airports :

KFCA - 4.03 - Glacier National Park/Kalispell - USA (Montana) by Wulf Bindewald
KHDN - 4.02 - Yampa Valley - USA (Colorado) by Wulf Bindewald
KMTJ - 4.02 - Montrose Rgnl - USA (Colorado)
LOWI - 4.02 - Innsbruck - Austria by Carlos Maria Diaz
LRIA - 4.01 - Iasi - Romania by Martien Van Rooten

New AIRAC : 01062018



Ok Bjoern, I will create missing page on ECAM about doors....please wait a little before change anything in the MCDU/FMC gauge because I haven't completed it and if we work in the same time, there will be some issues and missing and confusion...




Good flight

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 07 Jan 2018, 16:58

fdd_fr wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 16:11
Ok Bjoern, I will create missing page on ECAM about doors....please wait a little before change anything in the MCDU/FMC gauge because I haven't completed it and if we work in the same time, there will be some issues and missing and confusion...
Happy new year!

It's not just the DOORS page that's missing, but also the WHEEL and COND page.

No worries about the MCDU. I just made the changes because you were on holidays.

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 11 Jan 2018, 18:57

Hi! I tested quickly FMC and seems ok. It's an amazing work, among the rest of the Vc! Thank you. The only issue I found was about autopilot activation by pressing Z key: i can't get it on, it just shuts off immidiately after Z key press. But I was able to keep it on by pressing AP1/2 buttons. I have (or think to have..) the last updates 2.0b plus Bjoern modifications.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 11 Jan 2018, 20:39

That's the way it is at the moment.

AP engagement/disengagement will have to be modified. Especially connecting the autothrottle arming to the AP_MASTER event is important, since switching off the autothrottle requires clicking the button on the FCU. Very impractical during manual landings.

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 11 Jan 2018, 21:09

I see. Also Ap1 Ap2 buttons clickspots could be enlarged a bit. I need to click exactly on the led to have them on and sometime is not so confortable.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 11 Jan 2018, 21:50

The clickspots are the size of the buttons, therefor: No enlargement.

User avatar
The320Pilot
Posts: 334
Joined: 29 Jul 2014, 22:47

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by The320Pilot » 12 Jan 2018, 02:30

I tried installing the new MCDU and FSX crashes right after selecting the A320. I don't really know which file is causing the problem.

P.S.: Can we get an up-to-date PA A32x_Common folder? Maybe I have some misplaced files or something...

Fliptod
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:36

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Fliptod » 12 Jan 2018, 04:19

I have a few observations and one question. Using panel 1.60 and 155a aircraft pack of the A320, I lose twice now all controller input on approach if I must overcorrect too much V/S. I think it may be triggered when the A320's real input overcorrections are rejected, but I have no idea really. Another thing, ILS and APP buttons are non-functioning, FD works as expected.

Out of curiosity, how to use the .KMZ file to track flight on Google Earth?

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 12 Jan 2018, 17:24

The320Pilot wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 02:30
I tried installing the new MCDU and FSX crashes right after selecting the A320. I don't really know which file is causing the problem.

P.S.: Can we get an up-to-date PA A32x_Common folder? Maybe I have some misplaced files or something...
FSX shouldn't crash because of a single XML file. Check that you've installed it correctly.

My installed version is the 19/11/2017 fork plus the modified new MCDU (with the modified MFD).
The next release will contain the new MCDU and the load manager, but the latter is not complete yet.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 12 Jan 2018, 17:33

Fliptod wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 04:19
I have a few observations and one question. Using panel 1.60 and 155a aircraft pack of the A320, I lose twice now all controller input on approach if I must overcorrect too much V/S. I think it may be triggered when the A320's real input overcorrections are rejected, but I have no idea really. Another thing, ILS and APP buttons are non-functioning, FD works as expected.
I only use ILS and APP when the aircraft has successfully captured the localizer and glideslope and the course is set to the runway heading and it always works for me.

Lack of - or very sluggish - controller input without autopilot is a drawback of the default fly-by-wire system. More recent versions have worked around this, but they're not official yet.

If you're willing to experiment, you can try a work-in-progress version.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=2800#p31971
It's successfully flight tested by now, but requires a bit of work to install. You'll need to transfer the repaints from your current A320 installation and transfer the sound sets (or use the one suggested in the readme).

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 13 Jan 2018, 16:51

François, sometimes FMC looses vertical navigation control. I need to switch to the selected. This happened also before Bjoern mods. Is it related to wpy deletion that sometimes I do in flightplan? Or something else?

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 14 Jan 2018, 14:40

Hi Bjoern, I realized that Radio Control Master Switch enable also voltage currents to A/P, otherwise A/P buttons cannot work. Is it intended? In case is it possible put a Ecam Memo (i.e. A/P bus On)?

fdd_fr
Posts: 1686
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 16:02

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr » 14 Jan 2018, 15:17

Prosdocimo wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 16:51
François, sometimes FMC looses vertical navigation control. I need to switch to the selected. This happened also before Bjoern mods. Is it related to wpy deletion that sometimes I do in flightplan? Or something else?
Yes, sometimes, there is a bug during managed descent; vertical navigation freeze. I never found why. The only solution that I found is to save the and reload the flight and all is solved.....
This issue is very strange because because unpredictable....I am searching yet....

So, If you delete a waypoint of a SID or a STAR or an approach, there is many chance that occurs issues and bugs. It is highly recommanded to not delete waypoint of freenav procedure.

If you don't want fly a waypoint, use the "+" button on the FMC map to shift the current active waypoint.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 14 Jan 2018, 22:17

Prosdocimo wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 14:40
Hi Bjoern, I realized that Radio Control Master Switch enable also voltage currents to A/P, otherwise A/P buttons cannot work. Is it intended? In case is it possible put a Ecam Memo (i.e. A/P bus On)?
It controls the avionics master switch, which also controls the autopilot power supply.

Flyer10
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 14:59

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Flyer10 » 15 Jan 2018, 10:55

Someone was asking about P3Dv4 lights and it got deleted for being OT which is fair enough. However heres a bit of on topic advice. Set 2 keys for landing lights forward and back and this massively improves the lights. For some reason the A321 has these controls reversed.

Set them back in the air or you will have trouble reading the instruments.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 15 Jan 2018, 13:16

Just to make this clear beforehand: Should I ever (be allowed to) release updated exterior models, they will not be equipped with dynamic lights because I do not own P3Dv4.
However, licensing terms permitting, others are free to try to add them by means of Model Converter X or else.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 15 Jan 2018, 13:32

fdd_fr wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 15:17
Yes, sometimes, there is a bug during managed descent; vertical navigation freeze. I never found why. The only solution that I found is to save the and reload the flight and all is solved.....
This issue is very strange because because unpredictable....I am searching yet....
If you have to reload the aircraft to clear this bug, there is most likely a "lock" variable that's not being reset after a flight plan change.


P.S:
I'm thinking about a way to step through the flight plan in PLAN mode on the ND without altering the currently selected waypoint for the AP's LNAV mode. Have you already considered something like this?


- Edit:

Found a working solution. The ability to delete waypoints is retained.
Still working on how to mark a waypoint as active for LNAV.

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 15 Jan 2018, 23:09

Bjoern wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 22:17
Prosdocimo wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 14:40
Hi Bjoern, I realized that Radio Control Master Switch enable also voltage currents to A/P, otherwise A/P buttons cannot work. Is it intended? In case is it possible put a Ecam Memo (i.e. A/P bus On)?
It controls the avionics master switch, which also controls the autopilot power supply.
Why avionics don't fire up with Battery master switch on? Thanks

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 16 Jan 2018, 00:37

Prosdocimo wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 23:09
Why avionics don't fire up with Battery master switch on? Thanks
Because otherwise, you would not even think about switching the RMP on. Because avionics -> ATC.

Or I could force mute the audio channels without the RMP. Maybe in a later version.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 16 Jan 2018, 00:59

A new revision of my modified, new MCDU.
Only the LEGS page and associated buttons were changed* (and the MFD).

This modifiaction adds a feature I've been wanting forever:
Previewing your entire flight plan on the ND (PLAN page) without interfering with the autopilot.
You can now fix flight plan errors (bad waypoints, duplicate waypoints or else) and/or change the active waypoint without having to pause the simulator.


Usage:
Up/Down Arrow - Scroll flight plan up or down
LSK1L or R to LSK6L or R -> Select or deselect a waypoint
Selected waypoint: LSK6L to mark for deletion, LSK6R to mark for activation
Delete selected: Press the "DEL" button
Unselect: LSK6L
Activate selected: "Press the "EXEC" button
Unselect: LSK6R

I'll leave it up to François to add this to his new MCDU or implement his own solution, but as I've said, I consider the flight plan preview on the ND an essential feature.


Download (yes, it's the same link as before):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IKzsuG ... sp=sharing



*François: Use Diffchecker.com to find differences between this and the old version (or whatever version you are using).

Flyer10
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 14:59

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Flyer10 » 16 Jan 2018, 10:37

Bjoern wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 13:16
Just to make this clear beforehand: Should I ever (be allowed to) release updated exterior models, they will not be equipped with dynamic lights because I do not own P3Dv4.
However, licensing terms permitting, others are free to try to add them by means of Model Converter X or else.
They will be equipped with dynamic lights! All the planes that use default lights have dynamic lights, the only ones that aren't dynamic are the ones built into the model like some payware companies do.

Just leave the lights as they are and they will be dynamic.

Fliptod
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:36

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Fliptod » 16 Jan 2018, 11:18

Bjoern wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 17:33
Fliptod wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 04:19
I have a few observations and one question. Using panel 1.60 and 155a aircraft pack of the A320, I lose twice now all controller input on approach if I must overcorrect too much V/S. I think it may be triggered when the A320's real input overcorrections are rejected, but I have no idea really. Another thing, ILS and APP buttons are non-functioning, FD works as expected.
I only use ILS and APP when the aircraft has successfully captured the localizer and glideslope and the course is set to the runway heading and it always works for me.

Lack of - or very sluggish - controller input without autopilot is a drawback of the default fly-by-wire system. More recent versions have worked around this, but they're not official yet.

If you're willing to experiment, you can try a work-in-progress version.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=2800#p31971
It's successfully flight tested by now, but requires a bit of work to install. You'll need to transfer the repaints from your current A320 installation and transfer the sound sets (or use the one suggested in the readme).
So how do you capture the localizer? With Loc button? I normally would activate ILS passing 10000 feet and then APP to capture localizer when lined up but these buttons do not light up at all but are clickable.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 16 Jan 2018, 12:50

Flyer10 wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 10:37
They will be equipped with dynamic lights! All the planes that use default lights have dynamic lights, the only ones that aren't dynamic are the ones built into the model like some payware companies do.

Just leave the lights as they are and they will be dynamic.
Well, you're in for a suprise then, because any landing/taxi light has to be attached to the geometry (to move with the lamp) and since everybody wants wingflex, I'll also have to attach the navigation and strobe lights to some geometry to make them move with the wing, sooooo...


Fliptod wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 11:18
So how do you capture the localizer? With Loc button? I normally would activate ILS passing 10000 feet and then APP to capture localizer when lined up but these buttons do not light up at all but are clickable.
Tune the frequency, set the course, be within 30 nm of the localizer and then press the ILS button.
Isn't this covered in the manual?

wulfbindewald
Posts: 435
Joined: 20 Jan 2014, 21:27

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by wulfbindewald » 16 Jan 2018, 13:33

Bjoern wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 12:50
Fliptod wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 11:18
So how do you capture the localizer? With Loc button? I normally would activate ILS passing 10000 feet and then APP to capture localizer when lined up but these buttons do not light up at all but are clickable.
Tune the frequency, set the course, be within 30 nm of the localizer and then press the ILS button.
Isn't this covered in the manual?
After the ILS localizer is recognized (ILS button pressed) then press the APPR button to let capture the ILS path and slope.

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 16 Jan 2018, 14:20

Fliptod wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 11:18
Bjoern wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 17:33
Fliptod wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 04:19
I have a few observations and one question. Using panel 1.60 and 155a aircraft pack of the A320, I lose twice now all controller input on approach if I must overcorrect too much V/S. I think it may be triggered when the A320's real input overcorrections are rejected, but I have no idea really. Another thing, ILS and APP buttons are non-functioning, FD works as expected.
I only use ILS and APP when the aircraft has successfully captured the localizer and glideslope and the course is set to the runway heading and it always works for me.

Lack of - or very sluggish - controller input without autopilot is a drawback of the default fly-by-wire system. More recent versions have worked around this, but they're not official yet.

If you're willing to experiment, you can try a work-in-progress version.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=2800#p31971
It's successfully flight tested by now, but requires a bit of work to install. You'll need to transfer the repaints from your current A320 installation and transfer the sound sets (or use the one suggested in the readme).
So how do you capture the localizer? With Loc button? I normally would activate ILS passing 10000 feet and then APP to capture localizer when lined up but these buttons do not light up at all but are clickable.
In my opinion, 10000 is too high, therefore too distant. I normally cross ILS beam at 4000-5000 ft. I approach ILS beam at around 30°. When I am close to the ILS beam, I activate ILS system pressing ILS button, and before crossing the beam I press APPR button. Activating all these stuff on the Ils beam could be too late

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 16 Jan 2018, 14:36

Bjoern wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 00:37
Prosdocimo wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 23:09
Why avionics don't fire up with Battery master switch on? Thanks
Because otherwise, you would not even think about switching the RMP on. Because avionics -> ATC.

Or I could force mute the audio channels without the RMP. Maybe in a later version.
I think it'ok as it is. In future you might connect AP to Battery master switch (as in reality it should I guess), and leave Radio switch just for energize RMP.

I have an issue on PFD: i can see both old and new TCAS icons!

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 16 Jan 2018, 15:55

Prosdocimo wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 14:36
I have an issue on PFD: i can see both old and new TCAS icons!
First, you're talking about the ND.
Second, the TCAS display is still buggy.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 17 Jan 2018, 20:58

Apologies to Flyer10. I asked aroud a bit and learned that all attachpoint lights will indeed render as dynamic in P3Dv4 without any interference by the user or modeler.

Flyer10
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 14:59

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Flyer10 » 18 Jan 2018, 10:11

Bjoern wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 20:58
Apologies to Flyer10. I asked aroud a bit and learned that all attachpoint lights will indeed render as dynamic in P3Dv4 without any interference by the user or modeler.
No problem, I wasn't going to argue as I was only 90% sure. it's good news for everyone. You carry on as normal and P3Dv4 users get dynamic lights.

Fliptod
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:36

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Fliptod » 20 Jan 2018, 23:00

So these buttons remain inoperative and unlit until a certain distance from the airport? I havn't had time to make a flight since I last posted, but sometimes it's useful to use the ils when coming downwind of the runway.

Prosdocimo
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Oct 2014, 12:05

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo » 21 Jan 2018, 00:59

Fliptod wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 23:00
So these buttons remain inoperative and unlit until a certain distance from the airport? I havn't had time to make a flight since I last posted, but sometimes it's useful to use the ils when coming downwind of the runway.
No, you can attivate and enlight them whenever you want. Of course you need to be close to an ILS transmitter to receive its signal

But in François Airbus you can activate them only at "speed" mode during approach phase.

Fliptod
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:36

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Fliptod » 21 Jan 2018, 06:19

Prosdocimo wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 00:59
Fliptod wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 23:00
So these buttons remain inoperative and unlit until a certain distance from the airport? I havn't had time to make a flight since I last posted, but sometimes it's useful to use the ils when coming downwind of the runway.
No, you can attivate and enlight them whenever you want. Of course you need to be close to an ILS transmitter to receive its signal

But in François Airbus you can activate them only at "speed" mode during approach phase.
Ok thx, next flight I'll give it another go.

Abdullah Radwan
Posts: 30
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 14:10

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Abdullah Radwan » 21 Jan 2018, 10:11

Hello,

I made a HEGN airport and testing it now. But I have a problem:

ALMOD and GN200 waypoints won't even be added to FMS, there no duplicated points in the procedure, the points appear in FSX flight planner without any duplicate. I don't know why. Is there any another solution rather than make it user waypoint?

Airport with XML here: https://archive.org/download/HEGNReadIn ... 20file.zip

Martien van Rooten
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 19:18

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Martien van Rooten » 21 Jan 2018, 12:11

Hello Abdullah,
I install the HEGN airport and the HEGN_Waypoint.bgl in FSX. I made a flightplan and the waypoints works correct. They also come just in PLAN-G correct.But the runways in stock FSX are different than in your airport files.
Martien van Rooten

fdd_fr
Posts: 1686
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 16:02

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr » 21 Jan 2018, 15:55

Hello,

My new job take to me all the time and I cannot work on the project as I want....but I try to get new organization....

François

Abdullah Radwan
Posts: 30
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 14:10

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Abdullah Radwan » 21 Jan 2018, 16:21

Martien van Rooten wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 12:11
Hello Abdullah,
I install the HEGN airport and the HEGN_Waypoint.bgl in FSX. I made a flightplan and the waypoints works correct. They also come just in PLAN-G correct.But the runways in stock FSX are different than in your airport files.
Martien van Rooten
Please add it from FD_FMC and see if it will work.

Martien van Rooten
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 19:18

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Martien van Rooten » 21 Jan 2018, 18:19

Hello Abduallah,
I use the 2D panel.
I open the flightplan "IFR Asyut Intl to Hurghada Intl". I open the FD_FMC and select the STAR "ALMOD 1a". Then I open the "ARRIVAL" page and see the selected STAR with the waypoints ALMOD and GN200. So I see no problems.
You can add two approaches to your airport. One for RWY16L and one for 16R, both with IAF GN711. Make thefore a one-waypoint STAR with the waypoint GN711.

Abdullah Radwan
Posts: 30
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 14:10

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Abdullah Radwan » 22 Jan 2018, 05:53

Finally it worked, the problem was with compiler, When I used the compiler comes with the toolkit it worked without any problems.

fdd_fr
Posts: 1686
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 16:02

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr » 28 Jan 2018, 16:33

Hello,

Bjoern, the delete fonction on the waypoint leg list page is a good idea but I propose to add a security to avoid to delete SID, STAR or approach waypoint, because that will occurs issues in the FMC. I can add a symbol after the waypoint name like a * or display these waypoint name with another color....
The leg page is not completed because I must found solution to display predictable altitude and speed and other things...

to everybody, I have still many code to write in the FMC....but not many time currently so please be patient.... :)

Edit :
I have placed all specifics data and formula linked to an aircraft model (here A320) in a specific gauge and I use now L:Vars in other gauges to allow to get common gauges for all A32x versions.

So now, only TOD gauge, Autoland gauge, A320_data (or A319_data etc...) will be specific per version. All others gauge will common with a new generic name....

Francois

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 29 Jan 2018, 14:27

fdd_fr wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 16:33
Bjoern, the delete fonction on the waypoint leg list page is a good idea but I propose to add a security to avoid to delete SID, STAR or approach waypoint, because that will occurs issues in the FMC. I can add a symbol after the waypoint name like a * or display these waypoint name with another color....
The leg page is not completed because I must found solution to display predictable altitude and speed and other things...
Feel free to change the code as you see fit, it was just intended to provide basic functionality.
Edit :
I have placed all specifics data and formula linked to an aircraft model (here A320) in a specific gauge and I use now L:Vars in other gauges to allow to get common gauges for all A32x versions.

So now, only TOD gauge, Autoland gauge, A320_data (or A319_data etc...) will be specific per version. All others gauge will common with a new generic name....
That's great news and should make things much more flexible.

fdd_fr
Posts: 1686
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 16:02

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr » 06 Feb 2018, 16:10

Hello

Sorry for the delay. Airport database updated with new airports :

- HEGN - Hurghada - Egypt by Abdullah Radwan
- LIBP - Abruzzo - Italy by Martien Van Rooten
- LTBH - Canakkale - Turkey by Martien Van Rooten
- LTBJ - Izmir - Turkay by Martien Van Rooten
- SABE - Buenos Aires Jorge Newbery - Argentina by wulf Bindewald
- SAEZ - Buenos Aires Ministro-Pistarini Ezeiza - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
- SAZS - San Carlos de Bariloche - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
- SAWH - Ushuaïa - Argentina by Wulf Bindewald
- SCNT - Puerto Natales - Chile by Wulf Bindewald


Updated :
- SCCI - Punta Arena - Chile by Wulf Bindewald


New AIRAC files 020322018


Thanks !!

Now, 417 airports in our Airbus FMC !

Francois

moskito-x
Posts: 56
Joined: 29 Nov 2014, 19:58

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by moskito-x » 07 Feb 2018, 15:19

Hello Francois,

send you a PM please look at !

Thomas

CokiBH
Posts: 66
Joined: 29 Jan 2016, 15:51

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by CokiBH » 09 Feb 2018, 21:08

Hi all.
I started to work on a321 VC textures again.Expect overhead fuse panel and back wall fuse panel in HD.I will give download link to fdd_fr and he will give you link.

Bjoern can you give link of your last cockpit update and how to install it.You give me link once but I forgot where is it.Thank you.

CokiBH
Posts: 66
Joined: 29 Jan 2016, 15:51

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by CokiBH » 10 Feb 2018, 09:45

Image
Image
Image

Flyer10
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 14:59

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Flyer10 » 10 Feb 2018, 12:24

If anyone wants to assign their controls to their hardware, I have figured it out. You need a paid version of FSUIPC. Create a text file but call it FDFMC.mcro and out it in your modules folder. Paste the following into it.
-----
[MACROS]
1=L:Knob_Alt=set
2=L:Knob_HDG=set
4=L:VS_Mode=set
5=L:Knob_Speed=set
6=L:GLIDE_SLOPE Engaged=set
7=L:localizer_engaged=set
8=L:QNH_statut=set

-----
Then assign your buttons via FSUIPC, I have used a short and long click on my saitek panel to get the push pull functions. The freeware version of spad lets you do that.

A 1 parameter turns on the button or does a push, a zero parameter turns off the button or does a pull.

Also, you wanted to change the TAWS button coordinates, that can be done but where can I find the current coordinates?
Last edited by Flyer10 on 10 Feb 2018, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Bjoern
Posts: 197
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 18:07

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Bjoern » 10 Feb 2018, 14:00

CokiBH wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 21:08
Bjoern can you give link of your last cockpit update and how to install it.You give me link once but I forgot where is it.Thank you.
Page 57. Installation: RTFM.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=2800#p31971

Note: Do not do the overhead and ND control panels yet. These will require an overhaul in terms of layout.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moskito-x and 13 guests