Boeing 737 Originals

bang_amin

Boeing 737 Originals

Post by bang_amin »

I decided to make the project official, so i place the updates down here. I hope that users and members could help me to make this model really out for all of you.

So, here's the update:

* VVV NEW IMAGES BELOW VVV *

This model is updated from the older version on my blog, with more smoother crown area (the curve just after the cockpit area), and more polygons, to make it more detailed. For now, i'm planning to just finish the exterior for 737-100, -200, and -200Adv (including every variant that was and still exist, such as gravel-kit version, Indonesian Air Force's maritime version, T-43, and -200F). VC and panel (or even soundpack and more fancies) might go in future, but it is not yet a promise from me.

Well, my first question is how you cut the windows? I'm so scared to mistakenly cut it now. Also, how could i make the wingroot? New cylinder, or just boolean cut the fuse and bulge it up?

Really wish for all of your assistance for me. I'm just a noob in this business anyway. Thanks, and happy new year 2011 ;)
Last edited by bang_amin on 07 Jan 2011, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.

anels9

Re: Boeing 737 Originals

Post by anels9 »

Looking good mate. :)

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

Further update on the project:

* VVV NEW IMAGES BELOW VVV *

Assistance or helps or hints are really required. Thanks.
Last edited by bang_amin on 07 Jan 2011, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

FLYPHOENIX

Post by FLYPHOENIX »

Wow!, very nice, she's really starting to take shape, if you need any help dont hesitate to ask around!

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

I don't know if you need these, but Boeing does provide very detailed drawings and information on their airplanes.

3-D CAD views for all their airplanes can be found here....
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/3_view.html

Some more scaled drawings can be found here...
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airpor ... 37sec9.pdf

Everything else...
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/737.htm

Looks good so far! It's about time someone started a 737-200 project! Now tell me... are you planning on a FSX or FS2004 version?

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

Thanks.

@iheart707: Thanks for the resources. Although they don't have the 731, i can use it when i feel i'm ready to extend this into -200 and up. FSX or FS9 version is still doubtful, since this model is just go this far. However, i'm in consideration for both sim (NOT A PROMISE YET, let the time speaks for itself).

@FLYPHOENIX: Thanks. There's surely a lot of things to be asked in the near future for this one.

I decided to rebuild the whole fuse, as the old fuse has a problem from converting from editable mesh to editable poly, and make those mesh looks so messy.

*VVV NEW IMAGES BELOW VVV*

It's getting frustrating now... 3 days, 24 hours of man hours and still have no idea how it is shaped. Any further help? Thanks.
Last edited by bang_amin on 05 Feb 2011, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Morhaf

Post by Morhaf »

some problems in your mesh:

- the front of the nose is okay, but the part behind the windows is just squished. You should keep it a circle, and squish the sides, cuz now the bottom and top vertex don't line up with the rest, and it becomes a mess. so just squeeze the the sides there so get the shape you need.

- the cockpit windows are most likely flat (not sure) so you won't need 10 vertex to make the rectangle shape, 4 is enough, one on each corner, its also easier to control the shape then. see the image below to see what vertex should be welded to what vertex.

- you need to cut/make some new polygons where I drew the orange line (the top one, by the windows)
ofcourse, dont follow it to the pixel. my mouse doesnt work that good, so the lines isnt straight :P but thats the place you want more polygons, cuz you'll need to make the eyebrows aswell later (those little windows)

- you also need to adjust the shape a little more, follow the orange line (bottom one, showing the curve)

and are you sure about the nosetip you made? its not really that round... im no 737-expert, but from the 3-view you posted, I can see you're not exactly following the curves. try working on that.

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

Morhaf, a question from me: How do i do the cutting on that crown area? Because, my slice tool so far can only cut the whole fuselage, and not into a specific part, even after resizing the slice tool.

esg

Post by esg »

(Warning: Gmax noob)

You could use Divide/Create in Editable Poly/Edge

Morhaf

Post by Morhaf »

I'm not sure, since I don't use Gmax, but I think what esg said is close enough

also, make sure the space between the ´rows´ of vertex on the nose is the same, so you wont think the shape is off looking at the front view.

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

I solve that slice tool cutting problem. I can only cut certain area using the surface selection. On vertex selection, they will always cut it from top to the bottom.

VVV *NEW IMAGES BELOW* VVV

It's time for cutting that little windows up ahead, but it's close to 10PM down here. Going to do it tomorrow.
Last edited by bang_amin on 19 Mar 2011, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

I decided to switch to my 3DSMax instead. Why? I'm sorry but I'm not in the mood to talk now. Besides, it's 11 PM down here. Will explain later.

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Hi,

nice model there.

Thought of posting so that you can see that your project is being followed and support is here.

regards

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

Thanks, Gary. I'm surely need support in the future.

groundwolf

Post by groundwolf »

Looking very good indeed! I wish I had the time to learn modelling but I will stick to painting I think LOL looks pretty darn hard I admire anyone who tackles this side of things.

Brett-Hill

Post by Brett-Hill »

Looks good, Glad someone is finally having a crack at the old turbo jet 737's :)

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

Just a little update: I'm cutting out all cockpit windows, as well as some tuneups and on my way to fixing the size issue ( i just found out that my model is close to 10 times bigger than the spec caused by messy auto 3-view software that i used). So, don't worry, she is completely not ditched or set aside.

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

In the past few weeks, i can't do anything to this model, as there is a problem showing that i have tried to overcome, but failed.

How's exactly to cut those windows? everytime i do boolean cut on them, they're still look bumpy, or some vertex are misplaced. It is not completely planar, even if i cut them from a planar surface (what i did was filling the hole that i have prepared for the cockpit windows by create polygon on it, and then using a cylinder that have been formed into the windows' shape, i do a boolean cut on it.).

Any advice is more than appreciated. Thanks.

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

Hmm, The way id do it is get the object you want to put in... Get a bunch of vertexes and make them into a frame that object will be fitting into, convert the frame material to editable patch, select the vertex's and detach them to their own object and delete that newly detached object.

bang_amin

Post by bang_amin »

To clearing up about what's the problem i'm facing now, here's a shot from 3DS render:

The broken area must be so obvious, based on that rendering.