vasFMC & pairbus A320 series

aviatordom

vasFMC & pairbus A320 series

Post by aviatordom »

Hello everyone, new to the forum! :oops:

I have downloaded and installed the pairbus a319 with vasFMC from the vasFMC site.

My problem is that the main panel bitmap allows the PFD, NFD and EICAS screens to be of a ridiculously large size, so it looks nothing like an airbus...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/domwilson/ ... hotostream

Could someone tell me how I can integrate vasFMC into Ken Mitchell's ORIGINAL A320 panel. I've tried following the documentation on vasFMC but it is incredibly vague when it comes to installing it on different panels.

Alternatively, if someone could upload their setup of the panel, I would be extremely grateful.

Kind Regards,

Dominic Wilson

777beats340

Re: vasFMC & pairbus A320 series

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey!

See you are also tinkering with the gauges. First thing is first download two really important and helpful tools for this project. FS PANEL STUDIO (Demo is fine) and Cfg edit (point it to your fs2004 gauges. its says the last version supported is fs2002, but fs9 will work, and all you need are the coordinates. Now these tools will show how your gauges line up with the bitmap.

My best advice though, is to find the panel you want to integrate the vasFMC gauges.

1)Then note down the coordinates from the panel.cfg file for each of these instruments :PFD, NFD and EICAS.
2) Copy the entire vasFMC panel.cfg onto a new notepad file, saved as panel.cfg
3) You see a section : Windows 00 Main panel
A) make sure you copy the first part of Windows 00, example from the ken mitch panel!, This will ensure the proper bitmap.
[Window00]
file=main.bmp
size_mm=1600
window_size_ratio=1.00
position=7
visible=1
ident=0
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
4) copy the coordinates you found in the panel.cfg of ken mitch for the pFD NFD and EICAS (which will be called UECAM )in the vasFMC panel)

Pretty much at this point your done.
Just to see if it looks good, turn on FS panel studio, open up you panel see how it looks. If somethings not fitting right, then open of cfg edit and see the coordinates, copy them down and replace accordingly in the panel. cfg.

Assumptions made:
1) The FCU will fit precisely on the FCU of ken mitchs panel
2) You will be using the bitmaps and gauges for the overhead, throttle, lower main from the vasFMC installation.

if you would like to see what i have done, check the vasFMC and a380 civil union discussion on this page

aviatordom

Re: vasFMC & pairbus A320 series

Post by aviatordom »

Thank you for your help, will try that at some point today!

Liking your A380 panel project btw, finally a decent looking one! :mrgreen: