The A330 and A340

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

WoW! Looks amazing! :) Good work PA team.

ReneM.
Posts: 154
Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 21:21

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by ReneM. »

WOW, the engines are looking really great. Thank you, thank you so much for this update.

It looks perfect. :)

pkpjn2000
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 06:48

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by pkpjn2000 »

Kill me please.........*can't stop drooling*

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

This model is FPS friendly?( I'm asking this, because I think that the HQ models drops FPS... )

D-AIZP
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 20:57

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by D-AIZP »

wow your a330 is really awesome, looks great *__*
when is it going to be released?

TheRedBaron
Posts: 185
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 20:11

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by TheRedBaron »

WOW the modeling on those is good! And the textures aren't too bad either ;)
This model is FPS friendly?( I'm asking this, because I think that the HQ models drops FPS... )
I can tell you that the parts I am working on are designed to be FPS friendly...I've spent quite some time working on optimising whatever I have created for the A/C.

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by DerKranich »

D-AIZP wrote:when is it going to be released?
Now look what you've done

Image

Seriously. We can't go for a week without someone asking that question, much less 24 hours?!

Though it is definitely showing progress.

TheRedBaron
Posts: 185
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 20:11

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by TheRedBaron »

DerKranich wrote:
D-AIZP wrote:when is it going to be released?
Now look what you've done

Image

Seriously. We can't go for a week without someone asking that question, much less 24 hours?!

Though it is definitely showing progress.
ESGGGGGGGGGGG!! I NEED THAT LIKE BUTTON!!

This guy. Knows. What. It's. All. About. Thank you, Kranich.

A321flyer
Posts: 152
Joined: 04 Feb 2010, 02:45

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by A321flyer »

:laugh: Thank you soo much for the update, its nice to see this aircraft again. Cant wait to fly it soon.

Ben F.
Posts: 57
Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 17:12

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Ben F. »

Unbelievable work guys! Keep it up! 8-)

atul
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Feb 2013, 09:36

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by atul »

I don't know why but haven't been able to see the images. Shows some kind of "cross" button. I viewed this page from different computers on different browsers but still the same. :(

OO-SFS
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:10

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by OO-SFS »

This looks great! Thanks for the update, keep up the good work PA!

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by DerKranich »

TheRedBaron wrote:
ESGGGGGGGGGGG!! I NEED THAT LIKE BUTTON!!

This guy. Knows. What. It's. All. About. Thank you, Kranich.
I was waiting for months to whip that meme out! xD

The only thing that I wish could be implemented to the model would be the built in lighting a la Skyspirit.

and to my fans, I'll be here all week, and then next week, and so on
Last edited by DerKranich on 28 Mar 2013, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.

esg
Posts: 1585
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by esg »

The only thing that I wish could be implemented to the model would by the built in lighting a la Skyspirit.
Been done.

KillerK
Posts: 36
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 08:02

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by KillerK »

esg wrote:
The only thing that I wish could be implemented to the model would by the built in lighting a la Skyspirit.
Been done.

Dumb but related question, do the nav lights shine on the ground too or just the beacon + strobes? I remember some of the first SkySpirit 767's had nav light splashes on the ground, but they mysteriously disappeared with the newer releases.

Looking wonderful though, patiently awaiting release.

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by DerKranich »

esg wrote:
The only thing that I wish could be implemented to the model would be the built in lighting a la Skyspirit.
Been done.
I'm listening...and patiently waiting for a jpeg to see it in action! :geek:

ReneM.
Posts: 154
Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 21:21

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by ReneM. »

Also everything is mentioned on the firs page^^ ;) like Groundvehicles or lightning.

Anyway, I can't wait to see some screenshots of the A340 with its "hair dryers" :D

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

vasFMC will be compatible with a330? I mean witout bugs like in a380 (FSX). :)

esg
Posts: 1585
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by esg »

No.

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

:(

sknepper
Posts: 370
Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 19:46

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by sknepper »

Looking amazingly real. A wonderful job on the modelling and texturing. This is the best Easter news :D

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

PFD will be the same as in first preview of a330 VC?

GaryG
Posts: 885
Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 10:32

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by GaryG »

that was a render

airbuspilot
Posts: 17
Joined: 27 Dec 2009, 14:35

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by airbuspilot »

Perfect,Perfect,Perfect..

eddm
Posts: 40
Joined: 09 Aug 2011, 23:18

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by eddm »

Wow! -isn't that a sign of life from PA!

However, I'm experiencing that FS2004 freeware and payware stuff increasingly dissapears all arround! So, PA's 330s maybe one of the last quality aircraft for Fs2004 ever being released...

pkpjn2000
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 06:48

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by pkpjn2000 »

KillerK wrote:
esg wrote:
The only thing that I wish could be implemented to the model would by the built in lighting a la Skyspirit.
Been done.

Dumb but related question, do the nav lights shine on the ground too or just the beacon + strobes? I remember some of the first SkySpirit 767's had nav light splashes on the ground, but they mysteriously disappeared with the newer releases.

Looking wonderful though, patiently awaiting release.
OOT
---------
Emm, not sure with the sentence i bold, because with my SS767 no problem at all, even the author give some update...
do check here : http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/

DC10
Posts: 28
Joined: 27 Nov 2010, 02:09

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by DC10 »

ok here's the grey pylons:

before anyone comments, Qantas and TAM don't have these grey pylons... I've only used the same model for testing purposes! These grey pylons are on the older A330s (early builds)

Image

I'll be moving on to the A340 CFMs next... it's going to be a pain to do those - wish me luck!

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good work!

Good luck on the a340 :)

KillerK
Posts: 36
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 08:02

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by KillerK »

pkpjn2000 wrote:Emm, not sure with the sentence i bold, because with my SS767 no problem at all, even the author give some update...
do check here : http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/
That's what I mean. The very first 767v5 model back when the group was still known as Project Opensky had nav light splashes as well as beacon and strobes. However, the newer releases + updates no longer have the nav lights splash on the ground. It's restricted to beacon and strobe only. I'm just asking if the nav lights (red and green lights on wingtips and white light near APU cone) will splash light on the ground or not. Sorry if my question seemed misleading.

sknepper
Posts: 370
Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 19:46

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by sknepper »

The 3 engines are looking very good. Good luck with the A340 CFM's. I'm sure they'll be of the same high quality.

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

Just asking.. VC textures are already done?

pkpjn2000
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 06:48

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by pkpjn2000 »

KillerK wrote:
pkpjn2000 wrote:Emm, not sure with the sentence i bold, because with my SS767 no problem at all, even the author give some update...
do check here : http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/
That's what I mean. The very first 767v5 model back when the group was still known as Project Opensky had nav light splashes as well as beacon and strobes. However, the newer releases + updates no longer have the nav lights splash on the ground. It's restricted to beacon and strobe only. I'm just asking if the nav lights (red and green lights on wingtips and white light near APU cone) will splash light on the ground or not. Sorry if my question seemed misleading.
ooo, emm for the 767v5 I never tried the first release, sorry not sure about the nav light. But for the latest update, nav light didn't splash to ground. And afaik, in real plane rarely the nav light visible(splash) on the ground.. :)

KillerK
Posts: 36
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 08:02

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by KillerK »

pkpjn2000 wrote:And afaik, in real plane rarely the nav light visible(splash) on the ground.. :)
That's not true at all, they're always visible at night simply because they are VERY bright. Here are some examples:

Click Me
Click Me Too
Click Me

I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing, but i just find it kind of disheartening on the SSP birds when the strobe splashes light but the navigation lights don't. We go to great lengths to make our sims look as real as possible, the little things sometimes tend to detract from the experience.

Spinikker
Posts: 27
Joined: 09 Dec 2010, 02:23

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Spinikker »

I would find one simple error with each of those photos and that is they seem to be exposure shots and not instantaneous. This leads the lighting to build in intensity to a degree greater than realistically visible in my opinion. I am not saying they do not splash on the ground, they do so quite visibly in some aircraft, especially low wing general aviation aircraft and jets, but I am not sure it is that intense on larger commercial airliners when they are taxiing and have taken no real notice of them when I fly on commercial jets and look out the window at the strobes splashing on the ground. I remember the splashes from the POSKY aircraft and they were, in my opinion awful looking (However I really liked the the way they reflected the nav lighting on the wing of some of their aircraft) and nothing like the refracted 'wedges' or half circle subtle shapes of lights you would see on the ground from real nav light splashes. Also in some of your photos they are using lighting that causes 2D projections (Such as that wing ice light picture) which I do not think is in the realm of possibility for flight simulator easily. Also I have seen effects where the beacons on the back of the wings are given ground lighting effects as well and it actually just looks like landing lights going backwards. Simulator is generally capable of 2D lighting for objects (without add-ons which not everyone has) and unless PA wants to develop special effects for every single source of lighting I would not expect to see this. Overall I have never had an issue with PA lighting and beacon and strobe splashes do a great deal to increase realism while in my experience nav splashes have only be detracting as they do not accurately represent it. However if someone could figure out how to accurately do it I would more than welcome adding it to my aircraft. But actually if I had any request it would be to release a model without wingflex so I can replace all the wing lighting with my own effects but wingflex is a nifty feature as well. Hadn't come in here for a while, thanks for the updates!

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

In a330 will be FBW?

united319
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 09:46

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by united319 »

Spinikker wrote:I would find one simple error with each of those photos and that is they seem to be exposure shots and not instantaneous. This leads the lighting to build in intensity to a degree greater than realistically visible in my opinion. I am not saying they do not splash on the ground, they do so quite visibly in some aircraft, especially low wing general aviation aircraft and jets, but I am not sure it is that intense on larger commercial airliners when they are taxiing and have taken no real notice of them when I fly on commercial jets and look out the window at the strobes splashing on the ground. I remember the splashes from the POSKY aircraft and they were, in my opinion awful looking (However I really liked the the way they reflected the nav lighting on the wing of some of their aircraft) and nothing like the refracted 'wedges' or half circle subtle shapes of lights you would see on the ground from real nav light splashes. Also in some of your photos they are using lighting that causes 2D projections (Such as that wing ice light picture) which I do not think is in the realm of possibility for flight simulator easily. Also I have seen effects where the beacons on the back of the wings are given ground lighting effects as well and it actually just looks like landing lights going backwards. Simulator is generally capable of 2D lighting for objects (without add-ons which not everyone has) and unless PA wants to develop special effects for every single source of lighting I would not expect to see this. Overall I have never had an issue with PA lighting and beacon and strobe splashes do a great deal to increase realism while in my experience nav splashes have only be detracting as they do not accurately represent it. However if someone could figure out how to accurately do it I would more than welcome adding it to my aircraft. But actually if I had any request it would be to release a model without wingflex so I can replace all the wing lighting with my own effects but wingflex is a nifty feature as well. Hadn't come in here for a while, thanks for the updates!
I have edited the lights section in the aircraft.cfg for all of my aircraft to have wing inspection lights and beacon splash. I can say without a doubt it looks just like the photos seen with no issues.

Speedbird

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Speedbird »

When will it be released I want it now :(

Speedbird

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Speedbird »

hey guys can you make a working apu and bleed and do not forget the passenger sighns this time :D

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

Speedbird wrote:When will it be released I want it now :(
Everytime you asking release date, a kitten die... Why do you hate kittens? BE PATIENT! They‘re developing high quality model,vc. For that needs time...

Ben F.
Posts: 57
Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 17:12

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Ben F. »

Speedbird wrote:When will it be released I want it now :(
Look what you've done...
Image

esg
Posts: 1585
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by esg »

Omg

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

Poor kitty... :(

M@rco
Posts: 69
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 08:18

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by M@rco »

I think it is time to close this thread again.

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

M@rco wrote:I think it is time to close this thread again.
+1

Speedbird

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Speedbird »

but can I have that Kitty?? :)

Speedbird

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Speedbird »

esg wrote:No.
:( :( :( :(

Airbus Fan
Posts: 602
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Airbus Fan »

This topic is about an a330... Not about a pet shop.

Humongous2
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Apr 2013, 23:34

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Humongous2 »

This might be a silly question, but I was just wondering. There doesn't seem to be updates on the development of the A340, is that because the team developing these superb aircraft are putting it on hold til the A330 is done or is it because the same updates also apply to the A340. :)

DerKranich
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 22:36

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by DerKranich »

When will it be released I want it now :(
Image

In other news, I do look forward to the A340. This particular livery has been growing on me with the A340.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeroline ... 2184607/L/

Speedbird

Re: The A330 and A340

Post by Speedbird »

I dont care about it anymore because i know just like a30 vc pretty much nothin will work on this ones 2 :( :( :( :( :( ;(

Post Reply