Anyone wants a free A380....

Forum rules
You need to upload your pics and clips off-site. Do NOT use ImageShack OR Photobucket, please.
Private Custard

Anyone wants a free A380....

Post by Private Custard »

....they can pick it up from Hanimadoo Island. You might want to lose the fuel, baggage and passengers first, it's the only way it's taking off from there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2T3d-hO78w

My new autogen settings (up to 8000 trees per cell) caused me a problem. I had to land at near-stall speed (around 135kts) to enable the full-weight A380 to stop in time, so I had to steer around the new trees at the end of the runway rather than gain speed by dipping over the top of them!

KillerK

Re: Anyone wants a free A380....

Post by KillerK »

Very cool video. Is that an authentic A380 soundpack? I've been trying to find one that fits but so far my searches have been fruitless.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

It annoys me to no end that no one has made one of any quality yet. For now, I'm trying all of the 777/A340 sets I can get my hads on, or from time to time the 747-400 sets. Many the soundsets were made for FS2004, but they still work just fine on FSX. I usually download mine from Avsim as they have a faster download speed; or you can buy your sets, (just try the free ones before you buy... :roll: ).

Private Custard, you might want to pick up Stick and Rudder as it describes how to fly into airports surrounded by trees. Flying in at 135, you could have made a steeper approach, but a little less on the throttle and avoided the trees completly in my opinion. But that's just my opinion, you can do anything you want as long as it safely makes it to the airport! :D

Private Custard

Post by Private Custard »

KillerK wrote:Very cool video. Is that an authentic A380 soundpack? I've been trying to find one that fits but so far my searches have been fruitless.
It's the TSS 747-400 sound pack. Some things don't quite tie in correctly, like the flaps, but overall, it's a nice set of noises! Check out this preview of the upcoming TSS A380 sound pack,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7YaK_NS3_0
iheart707 wrote: Private Custard, you might want to pick up Stick and Rudder as it describes how to fly into airports surrounded by trees. Flying in at 135, you could have made a steeper approach, but a little less on the throttle and avoided the trees completly in my opinion. But that's just my opinion, you can do anything you want as long as it safely makes it to the airport! :D
I may need the help, flipping the tip of the wing over the treetops isn't ideal! I tried losing more speed, but it was right at the stall-point in the 135kt region.