World of AI

Srilanka

World of AI

Post by Srilanka »

Well, I hope i posted this on the right place!

I recently installed World of AI packages, and now my fsx lags, But before the installing of World of AI it worked well, All settings are full!

Rig : Core i7 ( 3.0Ghz)
RAM: 4GB
Video Card : 1GB ATI Radeon

Is it a problem with the flights of World of AI

Regards,
Srilanka!

bang_amin

Re: World of AI

Post by bang_amin »

First, remember that AI aircraft loaded after WOAI installation will be extremely much higher than the default traffic (for the same AI % setting). If you pull the AI traffic slider to max, it is surely lag your FSX because there will be a huge number of AI planes all around, increasing the computer load.

Second, i'm also suspecting a little problem with the model itself. Most (if not all) models on WOAI packages must be FS9 models, therefore it can also lag your FSX as well, since it is not FSX native.

CMIIW, though...

J.Lauer

Post by J.Lauer »

I had WoAI. It did severely lag my PC but I am running a decent spec. I got rid of WOAI and my problems were fixed, although I will miss the various liveries.

A321flyer

Post by A321flyer »

I have FS9, and WOAI, but I have mines at 80%, its just the right amount, my FPS are about 40~50 on high density airports. So you might consider that config.

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

Could i know How many AI Packages did you install please ?

ChainChomp2

Post by ChainChomp2 »

FS9 models, while not always having problems as in working improperly, will always reduce your frames significantly no matter how simple they are (as far my experience, i.e. the relatively simple Camsim 787 causes a huge FPS drop compared to an FSX-native POSKY 777 which is more detailed either way). All of the models that WoAI uses are found on sites like AVSIM and Flightsim and are thus FS9 models and not FSX-native models (an exception is the AIA 763W), and will thus cause quite an FPS-hell when there are dozens of them on the screen at once. There aren't many systems that can run smoothly in densely-populated airports of FS9 aircraft in which the surrounding scenery may use more resources as well. The number of WoAI packages installed shouldn't have too big a factor because any airport with lots of FS9 model aircraft in FSX will all cause an FPS drop.