Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

No hans,

I don't understand. I have made 4 tests of descent without STAR and always all works fine, aircraft toggle from THR IDLE to SPEED Mode at the descent alitude target.

Wulf, have the same bug than hans ?

We need some testers !

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois, hi Hans,

panel 0,77h:
For test and confidence reason I have done a normal midrange flight from KMRY to KRDD
(w. FMC, distance ~230 nm, cruise FL300, normal ILS approach RWY34, w/o STAR, std. descent altitude 500+3000=3500 ft).
At ~4000ft the THR IDLE changed to SPEED Mode and ILS+APR buttons could be set manually and path+slope was captured.
Everything as expected.

Hans@looking into your last pic I found, that
- under THR IDLE mode no speed range (magenta colour) is indicated in the PDF. Below one pic, which highligths this.
- DES and CZS indications are superimposed.
In the case of panel updates and to avoid panel fragment mixtures from different versions I completly
delete the old panel folder and copy only the new complete panel folder into the corresponding location.

Wulf

hvw

Post by hvw »

Francois,

I don't understand this either. I just can't think of a cause why the plane don't want to go from THR IDLE to SPEED mode. As you can see in both screenshots I uploaded, the speed obviously is not getting managed in any way. At the EDDC approach the speed keeps at 160 knots where it should get towards 147 kts and at the EHAM approach the speed is just decelerating up to the point where the plane is stalling and then crashes. I have no idea, yet, what causes this.

I would expect that when I pull the SPD button to get the engines to deliver some power , enter a speed and then pull the button again FMS would respond, but this doesn't happen either. It's pretty weird, uh?

Hans

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Wulf,

>>Hans@looking into your last pic I found, that
- under THR IDLE mode no speed range (magenta colour) is indicated in the PDF. Below one pic, which highligths this.
- DES and CZS indications are superimposed.
In the case of panel updates and to avoid panel fragment mixtures from different versions I completly
delete the old panel folder and copy only the new complete panel folder into the corresponding location.<<

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Will do that tomorrow and see if my problem is solved then. Will keep you all informed.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hans,

I finally partially reproduced your situation.

It appears when you reach the final descent altitude target in selected altitude mode.

In this case, the FMC does not consider that the descent is complete.

But the speed does not drop as in your case.

I Continuous tests (and I will fix this first bug).....

hvw

Post by hvw »

Francois,

Good to hear that you found something that might point towards a solution. It is only in most cases that the speed drops drastically when in selected mode, sometimes the speed is just maintained on a value not determined by me, but by other means. Don't know which.
I do need to descend in selected mode as ATC will have me change altitudes several times before reaching target altitude. However, this target altitude (I always use 3000ft above airport altitude) is always reached well ahead of the FAF.

I do hope you'll find the cause of this tiny problem :).

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

It seams that there are several bugs in the code, when descend under FMC but without STAR.

My error has been to do the most of my tests with airports that have STAR when I wrote the code; So I have do several test without STAR yesterday, and I found several errors.

If you pul the SPD button, after the end of the descent, the SPEED mode is desactivated. It works onl y if you engae the FPA mode or V/S mode and some other errors.

Excuse me for these bugs. I will fix it as quick as possible.

But the only thing that I don't arrived to reproduce, is your bug about the loss of the speed.

Meanwhile, when your aircraft arrive at the end of the descent, desactivate the FMC . It is no longer useful at the end of descent if there is no approach loaded and as you can not load an approach if there is no STAR, you can disable the FMC; There are more useless from this point until I change the code.

Let me 2 or 33 days to solves the problems in FMC mode without STAR and approaches.

And excuse me for the convenience.

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

No apologies whatsoever are necessary, I am glad that you found the cause of the problem. Perhaps the loss of speed also can be caused by the bugs that you found. Let's just wait and see what happens after you changed the code and we pick it up from there if this "speed loss" still exists, OK?

Hans

hvw

Post by hvw »

Francois,

Just for your information, the workaround by disabling FMC works perfectly.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I think that I have solved the bugs in end of descent without STAR/Approach.

I am doing the final tests tonight.

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

fdd_fr wrote:
I think that I have solved the bugs in end of descent without STAR/Approach.
That's great news, Francois !!

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the update of the panel in version 0.77i : Panel 0.77i CFM & IAE (XML files only ! )

Please note that as there is no new bitmap files, this update contains only the XML files (and also the panel.cfg file), so don't delete your old panel, but copy and replace all the files of this update in each right folders of your actuals panels (CFM and IAE).

News of the Verison 0.77i:
======================
- TOD value is now not updated when you select a user descent target altitude without STAR
- descent traget Altitude is now save in the FMS fata file when you save your flight
- I have fixed several bugs that occurs when the aircraft reached the end of the descent without STAR. I hope that all the porblems are solved).
- When descent is completed, if you chage the selected altitude, the aircraft climb or descnt immediately with a default angle value of 5.2% if V/S mode is managed or FPA mode not used).

thank you for your feedback

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Thanks, Francois, later today I'll report back to you on my findings.

Hans

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

Just finished a EGSS-LIRF flight and all went well, the FMC is functioning correctly so far. Only discrepancy I found is that the Upper ECAM keeps displaying "DES' while I am on approach, the lower ECAM displays correct data.

Just another question. Would it be possible to split up the STARs into STAR and APPR on the F-PLN pages, so one can choose between STAR including APPR and APPR only. (When vectored by ATC into a rwy only an APPR can be used then).

Almost forgot to tell you. SFCC is not working 100%. The flaps are not being automatically retracted.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks for feedback Hans,

You will see what I can do about hte DES reading on the Upper ECAM (this is because you didn't load an approach)

Load an approach without a STAR is difficult to do. XML language has no file management and no string of charracters capabilities. This is the reason why I must use 2 external DLL (LoggerX and XMLVARS) to do file and string characters operations.

But their functions are limited. It is impossible to explore a folder to find a file that you don't know the name for exemple.

Payware use C++ gauges, because this language allows to do all that you want; But XML is very poor.

Actually, the FMC works as follow :

There is index files of SID and STAR, and data files of SID and STAR ; The FMC read the index (SID or STAR) sequantially and when you select the 10th STAR in the index, the FMC read the 10th line of the STAR data file. This is very basi, because there is no other solution.

About the approaches, there is no index, because an approach is always linked to a STAR. The name of the approach data file is always the the ident of the last waypoint of a STAR ( in the most case, an IAF).

So, with the actual system, it impossible to load an approach if you havn't load a STAR, because the FMC search a file named like the last waypoint of hte STAR used.

So , to load an approach without a STAR, the only solution is to add a index file of approaches, but without the aiports charts on the knee, pilot won't know which approach to load, because, you must have the charts to know where are the IAF waypoints. Approaches are linked to STAR in the most cases.

I don't know if you understand what I mean. It isn't simple to explain.

When I decided to create this FMC, my idea was to fly without ATC, because FSX ATC is ridiculous; I know that you use an addon ATC, but I think that these sort of ATC is always very limited; Some airports have complex approaches, where holding patterns are mandatory during the end of the STAR, to allow to the aircraft to be in the right way for the approach (because holding has a 8-TURN).
All these data are coded in our STAR data, and also the DME-ARC or teardrop turn and the Speed and altitude constraints.

The best way to use the FMC is to use the freenav database. I know that today, the database is limited ( 100 airports) and in standby, because I change of AIRAC system, but in one or two months, nexw airports will arrived, and I wrote a new user manual to create airports and I hope that many people will join the group to create airports (this manual will be translate in english soon).

So, I can do all things in the same time (I have a job, a wife, 3 children, a cat, a dog ! ) so be patient. And I will think to a solution to load approaches without STAR, but today, I havn't solution.

François

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

>>You will see what I can do about the DES reading on the Upper ECAM (this is because you didn't load an approach)<<

It's no problem at all, I just observed that the upper ECAM wasn't in sync. No problem at all.

>>Load an approach without a STAR is difficult to do. <<

And here, too, no problem at all. I can just add the fixes myself and keep an eye on my charts to descend to the correct altitude. No problem, I just asked to see if it could easily be done.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

DES reading in the memo-checklist is solved hans :)

Let me one more time, to find a solution to load approach , without STAR. I need to think to find a solution.

Your idea is good, and I will try to do that.

François

hvw

Post by hvw »

Good to hear that you solved the DES thingy, thanks. Now, I don't know XML, but allow me to give a suggestion to "split" the STAR in two in an "easy" way. If you can determine where a STAR ends and a APPR begins, then just add the entire STAR to the flight plan and after having done that, delete the part from the beginning of the STAR to the beginning of the approach. The FMS will take care, I assume, of the descend into the first fix in the approach, just as the FMS does to the first fix in the STAR. (I know, this is a simple example but perhaps it might be workable).

Hans

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

Would it be possible, if you've got time for it, to lower minimum DH from 200 ft to 50 ft? (CAT III)

Thanks,
Hans

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

I DON'T KNOW IF you have ALREADY LOOKED at HANS MORE IF you MOVE Your MOUSE OVER THE NAME DH WILL APPEAR THE + SIGN - AI you DECREASES FROM 200 TO 50

hvw

Post by hvw »

No, I didn't use the left/right mouse button, but I used the mouse wheel. Minimum value for DH to achieve by using the mouse wheel is 200ft. But thanks for letting me know, anyway. And hey, no need to SHOUT at me, I am only human :).

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

DH and MDA system will be totally new, when the airports database will be updated with the freenavdb group AIRAC.

I am correcting all the actual database airports, and in the new system, the DH or MDA will be set by the real runway approach data, according the type of approach (ILS, LOC, RNAV or VOR), for each runway and each airport.

Work in progress.

I have completed today EDDF Frankfurt Main (platudis had realized SID one year ago, and I have added the 40 STAR and 63 approaches ! ). It remains to me 2 or 3 weeks of work on the actual airports database to complete the new system.

The new SID/STAR/Approach creating manual is ready in french. English translation coming soon. French members of Pilote-Virtuel.com works already on new airports with the new AIRAC.

Be patient. I must finish the job before upload the new airports database, because we cannot mixed Freenav AIRAC and G.Mitchell AIRAC.

Be patient

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

No problem, Francois, take your time. Would be nice, though, if one can enter DH himself in those cases where no data in your database is available or in those cases where no data from your database is being used.

Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes Hans,

DH will can be set manually to a value minus than 200ft, the final panel.

:)

hvw

Post by hvw »

Thanks, Francois. According to A320's FCOM the minimum decision height for a CAT3 landing is 50ft. It would be great if you could set the minimum to that value and upwards, too.

Best,
Hans

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

panel 0,77i: Some flight tests done under different conditions with FMC activated.
- With STAR and ILS, approaching KPDX Portland,
- w/o STAR and w/o ILS but with an insertion altitude approaching SPZO Cuzco/Peru and
- a short trip w/o STAR but with an insertion altitude and ILS path only to PAWG Wrangell/Alaska.

Two obesrvations for Your attention:
- The altitude insertion point changing from knots to Mach should not be chosen for the cruising altitude, as the speed and the altitude will
fluctuate during cruise mode. Way out would be to manually modify a little bit the standard altitude from 29000 to e.g. 28500 ft
or to define this by default.
- Due to KPDX approach I observed superimposed indications, see pic.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

hvw wrote:Thanks, Francois. According to A320's FCOM the minimum decision height for a CAT3 landing is 50ft. It would be great if you could set the minimum to that value and upwards, too.

Best,
Hans
Code is modified. DH and MDA can now set to 50ft minimum.

And with the new airport database, DH and MDA will be set at the runway/appraoch value with one feet of precision. ;)

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

panel 0,77i: Some flight tests done under different conditions with FMC activated.
- With STAR and ILS, approaching KPDX Portland,
- w/o STAR and w/o ILS but with an insertion altitude approaching SPZO Cuzco/Peru and
- a short trip w/o STAR but with an insertion altitude and ILS path only to PAWG Wrangell/Alaska.

Two obesrvations for Your attention:
- The altitude insertion point changing from knots to Mach should not be chosen for the cruising altitude, as the speed and the altitude will
fluctuate during cruise mode. Way out would be to manually modify a little bit the standard altitude from 29000 to e.g. 28500 ft
or to define this by default.
- Due to KPDX approach I observed superimposed indications, see pic.

Wulf

Hi wulf,

You can already change the crossover altitude in the FMC, to avoid the problem when you cruise near the crossover altitude :

And effectivelly, it is necessary in some cases, because cruise altitude cannot be equal to the crossover altitude, otherwise, AP toggle permanently between IAS mode and MACH mode.

You can set this value when you want. The crossover altitude is the altitude where the AP toggle from IAS mode to MACH mode.

So be careful, beccause, if you havn't a crossover altitude chart, you can't write a random value, because there is a risk of overspeed. The Climb IAS value must be set according a crossover altitude calculator or chart.

So , you can change without risk the value of 1000 feet ( 28000 or 30000 ft).

About the superimposed reading in the ND, I will modify the code; thanks for the feedback.

Excuse me to be less present on the thread, because I work on aiprot databse update with the new AIRAC system. And as I must modify all existing airports, I check all files and fix bugs that exists in some airports, and I add STAR and approaches to the aiports that hadn't them (German aiports for exemple). And the STAR of German airports are complex and long to write. And I must create 2 versions for some airports (EDDF Frankfurt - Main for exemple), because the Mega airport scenery of aerosoft is different of the the FSX Stock airport : not the same runways number and frquencies because Aerosoft scenery has been updated with the real data of the airport that have a runway more).

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

>>Code is modified. DH and MDA can now set to 50ft minimum.<<

Very good ! Thanks.

Hans

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

Ola francois
i don't know if you and the case of the a320 more on the md-11 the pmdg anti-ice the plane and connected Automatically you do not have to add in your xml the function of anti-ice auto or in real life the Airbus A320 does not contain the function anti-ice automatic So when it reaches a certain temperatuda or passage by nuvems because of low temperature the ante-ice be connected altomaticamente,thanks
Ricardo404-Brazil

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Ricardo

I have serched in the AIrbuS FCOM.

Results :

Engine Anti-ice:

- is set only manually (no automatic function on Airbus). I t must be on when the OAT is below 10° or when it rains or snow when aircraft in on ground.
- in flight, Total Air Temperature (TAT) is 10°C (50°F) or below and visible moisture in any form is present (i.e., clouds, fog with visibility of 1 mile or less, rain, snow, sleet,
or ice crystals).
- Engine anti-ice must be ON during all ground and flight operations when icing conditions exist or are anticipated (except during climb and cruise when the temperature is below -40°C SAT).
Engine anti-ice must be ON prior to and during descent in icing conditions (including temps below -40° SAT).

Wing anti-ice operation:
It is set manually :
• Select WING ANTI ICE ON after thrust reduction altitude
• Normally, WING ANTI ICE should be selected OFF at the FAF
• If in severe icing conditions, WING ANTI ICE may be left ON for landing

Wing anti-ice is not permitted on the ground or in flight when the TAT exceeds 10°C.

On approach, when should WING anti-ice be selected OFF?

Wing anti-ice operation:
• Select WING ANTI-ICE ON after thrust reduction altitude
• Normally, WING ANTI ICE should be selected OFF at the FAF
• If in severe icing conditions, WING ANTI-ICE may be left ON for landing

Probe heat operation (pitot) :
• On the ground, low power is applied to the heaters when at least one engine is operating.
• In flight, the heating system automatically changes to high.
• The probe heaters can be activated manually prior to engine start by placing the PROBE/WINDOW HEAT
pb ON.

Note: The TAT probes are not heated on the ground.

So , as you can see, only the pitot heat is partially automatically managed.

So, I will adapt my code with these new informations

Thanks for your good question Ricardo.

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 01 Jul 2014, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

double post....excuse me

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

Not de that Francois thank you for your reply, understand the workings of the anti-ice of The320 thank you,Sorry for bad english
ricardo404-brazil

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

panel 0,77i: Small PFD issue for Your attention:
after landing I deactivated FMC,ILS,AP,APR,ATHR and went to full manual steering, but
one PFD indicator frame does not disappear.
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

Bug is already fixed in the beta panel 0.77j that I will post tomorrow (and some other bugs so).

Thanks

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

The new beta panel (0.77j) is arrived !

You can download it here and read the news : Panel 0.77 version "j" CFM & IAE (XML files only ! )

I started the english translation of my website. Do not laugh ! :D and thanks to corrects my errors.....

Thanks for feedback

Regards

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

Unfortunately I only was able to make a very short test flight using version "j", but so far all looks very good.

Best,
Hans

PS: On July 16 all still working fine.

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

I have noticed that both autopilot and auto throttle are being disabled some 50 ft AGL while on approach (auto land). Did you include this as a new feature in version "j" ?

Best regards,
Hans

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

A/THR is disabled at 40ft AGL, since some versions of the panel.

I must do that for the Go around function, because the A/THR function in FSX has a big problem : When the XML A/THR instruction is active, you cannot change anything with your throttle joystick, so you can't, for exemple, set your throttle to max position (TOGA) or turn off.

On a real airbus, A/THR don't moves the throttles and the pilot can move the throttle as he wants.

This is the reason why I turn off A/THR at 40 ft.

The problem comes from the MDL file, that has a wrong code for the throttles.

I have asked to the team, to change the throttles code in the MDL file of the next A330/340, to have an A/THR function that doens't disabled the throttles manual action (it is possile, I have found the right code, but this code must be inside the model file (.MDL).

If this code is inside the MDL file, I will code the A/THR like a real Airbus in gauge file.

I don't know if you understand, because my english is very poor

hvw

Post by hvw »

It only occurred to me first with version "j" that doing auto lands are pretty hard, unlike with previous versions. The plane doesn't follow the glideslope anymore as of >= 50ft AGL, I blamed the disconnection of the A/P for that being disabled at the same time as A/THR is being disabled.

Did you also disable A/P at 40ft AGL since a couple of versions as well? I can't imagine that, as , like I said, auto lands were done perfectly up to version "j".

For your information, I do use my throttles as is being done in real world's A320. From To/GA just one notch back to climb thrust for the rest of the flight, and just reversing after touchdown.

And yes, I understand what you're saying, your English isn't bad at all :)

Best,
Hans

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

I have a problem after installing your new update (J),before takeoff I clicked Managed for ALT HDG and SPD,after I takeoff I activated the AP and reclick the HDG from Selected to Managed if not the plane will stay at runway heading *I supposed to change to managed after takeoff always forgot that*, HDG is working,SPD is working but ALT is not,my plane spikes upward and my airspeed losses very fast almost causing me to stall but deactived it to gain control.I reclick ALT still nothing until I was level off then click ALT and it is working fine.Never had this problem before.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

hvw wrote:It only occurred to me first with version "j" that doing auto lands are pretty hard, unlike with previous versions. The plane doesn't follow the glideslope anymore as of >= 50ft AGL, I blamed the disconnection of the A/P for that being disabled at the same time as A/THR is being disabled.

Did you also disable A/P at 40ft AGL since a couple of versions as well? I can't imagine that, as , like I said, auto lands were done perfectly up to version "j".

For your information, I do use my throttles as is being done in real world's A320. From To/GA just one notch back to climb thrust for the rest of the flight, and just reversing after touchdown.

And yes, I understand what you're saying, your English isn't bad at all :)

Best,
Hans
Autoland has not changed since few months. Maybe your landing was hard because since 2 or 3 months, autoland is based on the barometric altimeter and not the radar altimeter. I have choose this solution, because in many cases, Addon mesh create a surround plate with "cliffs" at the runway threshold , and it disrupted autoland with radar altimeter (altitude change suddenly).
It is a problem in FSX and this is the reason why now Autoland works with barometric altimeter (only when there is a flight plan loaded, because this is the only case where I know the destination airport altitude; When no flight plan, the autoland works with the radar altitude).

So, it requires that your barometric altimeter must be set precisely, when you land : Think to push the barometric button before land , because the wheather can be change quickly in FSX (with Wheather addon) and the atmospheric pressure can be change and if the value is not correct, flare will not be properly executed.

AP is not disconnected before landing, but during an ILS landing, this is the G/S that is disconnected à 40ft, to do the flare.

Nothing has changed in this part of code in the "J" version. I think that you had a change of atmospheric pressure just before land.

Francois

Francois
Zamir wrote:I have a problem after installing your new update (J),before takeoff I clicked Managed for ALT HDG and SPD,after I takeoff I activated the AP and reclick the HDG from Selected to Managed if not the plane will stay at runway heading *I supposed to change to managed after takeoff always forgot that*, HDG is working,SPD is working but ALT is not,my plane spikes upward and my airspeed losses very fast almost causing me to stall but deactived it to gain control.I reclick ALT still nothing until I was level off then click ALT and it is working fine.Never had this problem before.
Hi Zamir,

Nothing has changed in the takeoff code. Peharps you have not enough thrust, or you have too much pitch just after takeoff.

During rotation, you must not have more then 15° of pitch.

If the problem comes back, save your flight at the moment of the problem and post here the contain of the FMS data file that is saved in the same folder of your flight plans.

Francois

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

Zamir wrote:I have a problem after installing your new update (J),before takeoff I clicked Managed for ALT HDG and SPD,after I takeoff I activated the AP and reclick the HDG from Selected to Managed if not the plane will stay at runway heading *I supposed to change to managed after takeoff always forgot that*, HDG is working,SPD is working but ALT is not,my plane spikes upward and my airspeed losses very fast almost causing me to stall but deactived it to gain control.I reclick ALT still nothing until I was level off then click ALT and it is working fine.Never had this problem before.
Hi Zamir,

Nothing has changed in the takeoff code. Peharps you have not enough thrust, or you have too much pitch just after takeoff.

During rotation, you must not have more then 15° of pitch.

If the problem comes back, save your flight at the moment of the problem and post here the contain of the FMS data file that is saved in the same folder of your flight plans.

Francois
I activated my AP when my pitch is around 10 and flaps is up,I had enough thrust for takeoff.I will try again with different settings after this

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that you have engaged your AP too late.

I think that in my actual code, AP must be engaged just after takeoff, before retracts flaps, before reach the thrust reduction altitude , otherwise, the FMS sequences will not work properly.

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

fdd_fr wrote:I think that you have engaged your AP too late.

I think that in my actual code, AP must be engaged just after takeoff, before retracts flaps, before reach the thrust reduction altitude , otherwise, the FMS sequences will not work properly.
I see but before this I engaged my AP after thrust reduction and flaps up,it works fine.I now doing a flight and the result is the same but I found a way to reactivated the ALT by right clicking it and left clicking it again.I found out that when my plane spikes upward the AP didn't have control of it so I pushed my plane down to control it back.After this i will try on the AP after takeoff.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will check the code tonight and I come back to you. Peharps there is problem in the ALT button code....

Edit : Be careful, it may have problem if the flight do less than 200 Nm also.

Francois

hvw

Post by hvw »

Hi Francois,

>> I think that you had a change of atmospheric pressure just before land.<<

You may very well be correct here. I'll pay extra attention to this on my next flights and check if the pressure just before touchdown still is the correct one.

>>It is a problem in FSX<<

I don't use FSX, in P3D it should be corrected. Not sure about this, though.

Best regards,
Hans

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

Hello Francois,by follow your way to engaged the AP after takeoff well it works.Now my plane is climbing like normal.

markm24

Post by markm24 »

Hi Francois

If you don't mind, can you (or someone) direct the link of the latest panels here next to my post :D

for a318, a319, a320, a321

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
markm24

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi, markm24,

Here, you can find only the project FD-FMC for the A320.

You can download the complete pack and the updated panel here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all people that use the actual beta, it seems that there is a bug in the panel when the flight plan is short (close or less than 200Nm). This is the 200 Nm TOD function that occurs this bug and I havn't yet found the error in the code.
When you do a very short flight plan, when you arrive to the TOD ("Decelerate" message), by clicking on the ALT button to engage the descent , the engines accelerate for a mysterious reason. In this case, pull the ALT button and push after.

Sorry for the convenience, I search the bug.

Now, on the freenavdbgroup Website, I have began to post the new Airports based on the the Freenav AIRAC file.

All the old airports, based on the G.Mitchell AIRAC has been grouped in a single archive file.

You can't use the 2 AIRAC at the same time. You must chooze, but the the new version of airports have been checked and completed. They have all SID, STAR and Approachs, and I think that all errors have been fixed.

There are the following airports in for today in the new database :

CYQB 4.00
CYUL 4.00
CYYZ 4.00
DTTA 4.00
EBBR 4.00
EDDB 4.00
EDDB special Freeware version Gernot Zander
EDDF 4.00
EDDF 4.00 special Aerosoft version
EDDH 4.00
EDDM 4.00
EGGL 4.00
EGJB 4.00
EGJJ 4.00
EHAM 4.00
GCRR 4.00
LSZB 4.00

All airports have now the version 4.xx.

The AIRAC file is downloadable on the website.

I will try to add new airprots as quickly as possible. Think that for each new airport, there will a new version of the AIRAC file to download, to replace the previous version.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
For all people that use the actual beta, it seems that there is a bug in the panel when the flight plan is short (close or less than 200Nm). This is the 200 Nm TOD function that occurs this bug and I havn't yet found the error in the code.
When you do a very short flight plan, when you arrive to the TOD ("Decelerate" message), by clicking on the ALT button to engage the descent , the engines accelerate for a mysterious reason. In this case, pull the ALT button and push after.
A320_0,77j:
Hi Francois,
I have made several short hops with different FMC inputs/conditions, but always to have a short remaining minimum cruise for TOD defintion.
"Unfortunately" I never had this engine accelarate phenomen and the descent began as awaited ;-) .

Another question: After descent and reaching the descent altitude (e.g. +3000ft) the speed mode is activated. ok.
Now I reduce the altitude manually, e.g. from 3000ft to 2000ft for descent.
Why is the descent only possible with activating the FPA mode and toggle the "angle of descent" and not automatically via (a default) sinkrate at first?

Wulf