Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Great news : Tom Aguilo, the XMLVars.dll module author, has realized XMLTools.dll V 2.0. This new version of the module include the LoggerX.dll module.
So, now the 2 externals modules used by FD-FMC are now gathered in one module. This is a good new and the aircraft installation will be easier and may be less of RAM occupancy.

I will test this new module this evening, and I will come back to you to tell if all is ok.

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks! we all are looking forward for it!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

panel_0,77p using FMC: During short flights below 100Nm, e.g. Sitka PASI to Juneau PAJN (FL120), the automated analysed TOD is much too short. My impression is that the factor of nec. approach distance vs. FL has been reduced below 4.5. Today I have to calculate before descent "my" favourite TOD and activate manually .... ok.
The alternative would be to include this factor as one value e.g. in the panel.cfg file and to individually define the factor, default 4.5 or so. Or have You included already a more complex TOD formula?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

I am sorry, but the actual TOD formula not works properly for very short trip. I have modified it for trip between 200 and 300 Nm because the formula that I have found in the Airbus Industrie documentation works only for trip longer than 300 Nm.

I have improved forula for trip from 200 Nm but if your flight is shorter, the ECON flight Level and the TOD will be not correct. And I don't find a solution for the moment.

For all users :
A great news : Tom Aguilo has realized the version 2.0 of XMLTools.dll. This new version include LoggerX.dll, so if you use FSX, you can now replace XMLVars.dll or XMLTools.dll v1.0 and LoggerX.dll by this new version of XMLTools.dll. this new DLL is a all in one !

If you want use this new version, do the following installation :

- Download XMLTools V2.0 on the FSdeveloper website : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resour ... r-fsx.148/
- Go in your "Modules" FSX folder and delete LoggerX.dll that is no not required ( it is include in XMLTools.dll v2.0)
- UnZIP XMLTools V2.0 and copy the file "XMLTools.dll" in the main FSX folder (if you used XMLVars.dll, delete it, if you used XMLTools.dll v1.0, the new file will overwrite the older)
- open your "DLL.XML" file, located in the folder "Your XP hard drive:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\" if you have windows XP or "Your windows 7 hard drive:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\" if you have Win 7.
- Delete the declaration block of "LoggerX.dll" which begin by "<Launch.Addon>" and ending by "</Launch.Addon>"
- Save your DLL.XML file modified
- Open your file "FSX.CFG" and go in the section "[Trusted]" : Delete the declaration line of LoggerX.dll and the declaraiton line of XMLVars.dll (or XMLTools.dll" if you used the version 1.0 of XMLTools.dll").
- Save your FSX.CFG file modified.

- Run FSX, which ask you to accept XMLTools.dll as a trusted software : click "yes".

- That's all.

Now, FD-FMC run with one external module only.

If you use P3D 2.x, you must use XMLTools3D.dll, a special version of XMLTools, and you must keep LoggerX.dll.

XMLTools.dll V2.0 is only for FSX user.

Many thanks to Tom Aguilo and Rob Mc Elrath for their job !

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

For all users :
A great news : Tom Aguilo has realized the version 2.0 of XMLTools.dll. This new version include LoggerX.dll, so if you use FSX, you can now replace XMLVars.dll or XMLTools.dll v1.0 and LoggerX.dll by this new version of XMLTools.dll. this new DLL is a all in one !

If you want use this new version, do the following installation :

- Download XMLTools V2.0 on the FSdeveloper website : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resour ... r-fsx.148/
- Go in your "Modules" FSX folder and delete LoggerX.dll that is no not required ( it is include in XMLTools.dll v2.0)
- UnZIP XMLTools V2.0 and copy the file "XMLTools.dll" in the main FSX folder (if you used XMLVars.dll, delete it, if you used XMLTools.dll v1.0, the new file will overwrite the older)

- open your "DLL.XML" file, located in the folder "Your XP hard drive:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\" if you have windows XP or "Your windows 7 hard drive:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\" if you have Win 7.
- Delete the declaration block of "LoggerX.dll" which begin by "<Launch.Addon>" and ending by "</Launch.Addon>"
For those who do not have already used the XMLTools.xml already must declare this in the DLL.XML: Edit the file and add the following within <Simbase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

- Save your DLL.XML file modified

- Open your file "FSX.CFG" and go in the section "[Trusted]" : Delete the declaration line of LoggerX.dll and the declaraiton line of XMLVars.dll (or XMLTools.dll" if you used the version 1.0 of XMLTools.dll").
- Save your FSX.CFG file modified.

- Run FSX, which ask you to accept XMLTools.dll as a trusted software : click "yes".

- That's all.

Now, FD-FMC run with one external module only.

If you use P3D 2.x, you must use XMLTools3D.dll, a special version of XMLTools, and you must keep LoggerX.dll.

XMLTools.dll V2.0 is only for FSX user.

Many thanks to Tom Aguilo and Rob Mc Elrath for their job !

Francois[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Francois, I added the FSX acceptance for the XMLtools.dll in blue bolted words. Otherwise it does not work properly.

Wulf

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hello to all

To Francois

First, great work !!
Second, In Navigation Display traffic is not updated. Display of aircraft in the traffic does not move. After switching to another view and back, the new current traffic can be seen but it is again without Updates.

What do I have set wrong?

Thomas

(version of XMLTools.dll is all in one)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Traffic is updated only if your aircraft moves. If you are stopped at a gate, traffic is not updated. I cannot change this result, because this is the FSX function which works like this

Same thing, the TAWS (Terrain Radar) is updated only when the aircraft climb or descend (each 500 feet).

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois

Many thanks for the information. Was wondering but now I understand

Thomas

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Is it possible to port the FD-FMC to all of the PA A32X FSX models?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:Is it possible to port the FD-FMC to all of the PA A32X FSX models?
Hi,

This is the goal; But you must wait because, a part of the FMC XML code must be adapted for each aircraft about performance. The vertical navigation can work only with the engine thrust data and aircraft weight data (OEW, MTOW, MLW....). So, I must write for each Aircraft ( A318, A319 and A321 and future A330/340) the performance data about the managed climb/descent, and for all the technical speeds (Vapp, V1, V2 , Vr, flpas retractation speeds ......), also the TOD calculation.

This FMC has not a real look, but it works with a real vertical navigation which must be adapted for each aircraft and engines.

I must change also .AIR file of each aircraft version to get the right thrust curves.( default .AIR files have a linear curve, while a turbojet engine has a "exponential" curve).

I am close to complete the french user manual of the A320. I think that it will be ready in one week. Sean Kneppers is working on the french to english translation of the manual (I must send to him the end of the manual) , so I hope that the final version of the A320 with FMC will be online for christmas.

After, I think that I will have one month of work to adjust the performances data in the code per aircraft version.

Be patient.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I need help for the user english manual.

You know that when you save a flight with SID or STAR loaded in the FMC, when you quit the flight before land, to continue it later, FSX display a error message box, which tell that " Error to load the GPS engine, the flight plan will be not used" or somthing like this, because I have only the french version.

I would like that somebody who have an English version of FSX do a screenshots of the message box, to put it in the english version of the manual.

the french version of this message box is the following :

This is because my XML code violating Microsoft rules, but that have no importance, because, the GPS will works when you will reload the flight. :D

If somebody can do a screenshot....

Thanks

Francois

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois,

I hope I post the right one

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Many thanks moskito-x ! Perfect ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Today, a new update of the Panel. This version fix the following bugs :

- Previous panel had a bug, when a holding pattern had a 360° heading in a holding pattern. IN this case, FD-FMC could not cancel the holding pattern. To fix this bug, I have checked all airports of the database and one airport had this error : KPDX Portland. So I uploaded a new version of KPDX (v4.01); Go in the Airports Database Menu, Page "ICAO Airports from G to N" and download the new version of KPDX. So, I have added in the XML code of the STAR and Approaches Gauges, a new function, which allow to cancel an running holding pattern, by pull the HDG knob. In this case, you toggle in HDG mode and by push agin the Knob, you can continue your navigation with the flight plan, and the holding pattern is cancelled . Think that before do this action, you can preselect your HDG, with the wheel mouse, and adjust your heading value to your actual route, and after pull the knob.

- Now, flight controls (rudder, ailerons, speed brakes) cannot works if you havn't at least 2 hydraulics circuits activated.

- Fix a bug in the position of the Red Arrow, on the PFD, when you have too much climb angle (FBW security)
- Seatbelts mandatory display turn off now at 20000 ft duriong climb ( value of previous panel was 25000 ft).

You can download the new panel with this link : Panel 0.77q CFM & IAE, December 06

For Aiports files authors, think that if you have a Heading of 360°, indicated on a chart, you must write 0° in your EXCEL file, otherwise, FD-FMC will not execute properly the holdiong pattern.

French version of the Aircraft User Manuel is now completed. It remains to translate this manual in English and I will publish the Aircraft Pack on AVSIM library. The project is now completed, and I amm begining to adapt FD-FMC at other Aircrafts.

I am writing KDEN - Dever Colorado Airports files. A very big Hub in USA, with 12 runways !. It will be available next week.

For a better behavior of the Aircraft, I recommend to edit the Aircraft.cfg file, and in the section [flight_tuning] , increase the value of cruise_lift_scalar; Your actual value is 1.35. set to 1.40.

December 06 2014

François Doré

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

User manual in French : Manuel A320 FD-FMC (French version)

English version is under construction.

François

LittleBudda88

Post by LittleBudda88 »

Francois, why the A318 - A320 are not changing the altitude during the approach(Autoland)?The autopilot takes the direction of the runway and captures the centre, but it doesnt take the glidescope and dont start to descent down(reduce the altitude), so the plane overflies the runway. How can I fix it?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If you speak about A318, I think that you use the old V3 panel.

With this old panel, to do an ILS and an autoland , you must set your radio NAV1 on the ILS frenquency, push the the LOC button , wait to capture the Localizer (LOC reading, in green on the FMA) and after, push the APPR button to capture the G/S when you see the magenta diamond descend on the vertical scale of the PFD, before it reachs the center of the scale.

THe old V3 panel is not realistic about this point. This is one of the reason why I have written the new FD-FMC panel.

Here, you are on the FMC project thread. There is a specific thread about the old V3 panel, because procedures are differents.

Francois

LittleBudda88

Post by LittleBudda88 »

Ah, I understand. But today I replaced the panel of the A320 with the new version of your panel(0.77p), and the same thing happened after the first testflight. Whats the procedure of the new panel?And, by the way, how can I open the two sites, one which shows the waypoints and the distance to the target airport, and the second which shows the destination airport's ILS Frequencies and runway directions.

LittleBudda88

Post by LittleBudda88 »

And your new panel is really good :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Attention,

The new panel can works only with a specific Pack of the Project Airbus A320 that you can download on this page (Pack 0.77) :http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

It is a beta version with a small install manual. Final version will be OK before Christmas.

After, you update this pack with the lastest panel 0.77q.

Because FD-FMC panel requires a special AIRCRAFT.CFG files, special "type_of_engine".AIR files and some DLL files that are include in the 0.77 pack.

If your use FSX or P3D version 2.2 and lower :
you have 2 choices
- XMLVars.dll v2.0
- LoggerX.dll v1.1
or
- XMLTools.dll (it include XMLVars.dll and LoggerX.dll )

If you use P3D version 2.3 and upper, you need
- XMLTools3D.dll v1.0
- LoggerX.dll v1.1

All these modules can be downloaded on FSdeveloper.com website (LoggerX.dll can be downloaded on the Robbie Mc Elrath website : http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/fs/logger/download )

XMLVars.dll, XMLTools3D.dll are © Tom Aguilo
XMLTools.dll is © Tom Aguilo and Robbie Mc Elrath
LoggerX.dll is © Robbie McElrath

You must edit the "DLL.XML" file of FSX to declare these modules. (See install manual in the 0.77 aircraft pack).

Don't use this panel on a standard PA A20 or PA A320 FD V3 ! or with standard Aircraft.cfg and standard .AIR files .That cannot works !

With the FD-FMC version, I have realized the real AIRBUS function for ILS or LOC approach : If your radio NAV1 is set properly (if you load a appraoch, ILS frequency is automatically sent to the Raadio NAV1), you have just to push the "APPR" button. Don't push the "LOC" button. LOC button is dedicated to track a VOR only.

APPR button capture LOCALIZER and Glide Slope (Glide Slope only if the runway has a ILS).

Download the french manual (the link is some posts above). See pictures 10 to 23 from page 21 and picture 80, page 69.

Last information : In the FD-FMC panel, the autoland function use the barometric altitude; So you must set the right ambiant pressure during landing, by push the Kholsman regulary, otherwise, FMC cannot know when it can do the flare. (previous version was based on the radar altitude, but that occured problems with addons meshs).

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Hello

4 new airports to download on the Freenav website : Site Freenav DB Group

- LEMD - Madrid Barajas - SPAIN
- LPPT - Lisbon Intl - PORTUGAL
- LSGG - Genève Cointrin - SWITZERLAND

these 3 airports have been realized by Jean-Pierre Varnier

Caution, LEMD Madrid Barajas is provided with an updated AFCAD to add the ILS on the runway 18L that is missing in FSX. But if you use a addon scenery for LEMD (as Aerosoft Mega Airport Madrid), check if the runway 18L has already an ILS before copy the AFCAD in your "Addon Scenery\Scenery\" folder.

the fourth airport is :

- KDEN - Denver Intl - USA (Colorado);

This airport is the most complex that I have realized (12 runways with 18 IAF and 12 approachs per IAF ! )
I have tested with this airport a new manner to interpret the US STAR, that are very different than European STAR. So if you have some problems with some approchs, please report me feedback.

Francois

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois,
sorry to bother you with these simple things. Both Database links only go to the declaration page, but not to a download.
I know there a links on the right side, but for new users hard to find with a short overview.

1.) yesterday only
4 new airports to download on the Freenav website :
Site Freenav DB Group

2.) December no hint / no download link
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=447

3.) November : no download link / a Hint Go to the AIRPORT DATABASE menu to download these new files.
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=411

This is the download page
Go to Freenav website :
a.) http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=136
b.) http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=82

moskito-x

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

moskito-x wrote:Hi Francois,
sorry to bother you with these simple things. Both Database links only go to the declaration page, but not to a download.
I know there a links on the right side, but for new users hard to find with a short overview.

1.) yesterday only
4 new airports to download on the Freenav website :
Site Freenav DB Group

2.) December no hint / no download link
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=447

3.) November : no download link / a Hint Go to the AIRPORT DATABASE menu to download these new files.
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=411

This is the download page
Go to Freenav website :
a.) http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=136
b.) http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=82

moskito-x

Hi Mosquito-x,

I post the only the link to the news page, because you have to ways to download :
- If the user has already the previous version of the database, he has just to go in the "Airports Database" menu --> "ICAO Airports from G to N" to download only the 4 new airports. The four menu "ICAO letter to letter" allow to download Airports one by one.
- if the user is a new user, he go to "Airports Database" menu --> "Full Pack Airports database" and he can download the full database. But it is necessary only if you havn't any airports.

This is the reason why I let the user do the choice for download.

Maybe my website is not properly organized..... so I will add the word "Download" in the title of each 4 pages "ICAO x to x"......

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Happy christmas for everybody.

While the english translation of the user manual, I have started to work on the adaptation of FD-FMC on the future PA330 and the PA 318.

A330 requires many work to adapt (fuel weight occurs problems, and I need to find new formulas), but A318 is very easy and I have prepared a first version if you want to test. You can download a small pack by the following link :
Pack A318 Beta with FD-FMC (58Mo)

This pack contains only the aircraft with a decdicated version of FD-FMC. So, to work, you must have already installed the Pack A320 FD-FMC, because it use the same Dll modules:
- For FSX and P3D version 1.x : XMLTools.dll
- For P3D version 2x : XMLTools3D.dll et LoggerX.dll

If you have already the beta A320 FD-FMC, A318 will work directly.

I have adapted the most of the mathematical forumlas to the A318, but maybe some formulas will be improved after test.

Caution : you must use the l'Aicraft.cfg and the .AIR file provided with the pack (pa318-cfm56-5B9)

Don't use the aircraft.cfg or .air file of the original PA318 (engines thrust curves are not the same, to be more realistic).

Some functions needs to be improved :
- Fuel consumption
- Autoland
- flaps drag

The work ojn the A330 will be more hard.

I think that the A318 will be completed very quickly, and the work on the A319 and A321 will be easy also.

François

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thank you very much!
I'm looking forward for the PA330 implementation!

I've just a question. I realized FSX route planner normally provides cruise altitude much lower than FMC calculation. How could I do? Input Fsx planner cruise altitude always to FL340, run FMC and see the proper FL and then ask ATC to refine my FL? Or is there a way to fix it in the Fsx flight planner?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Prosdocimo,

About the cruise flight level, I use for the flight larger than 300 Nm the real Airbus formula that I have found in the A320 FCOM.

This formula is the following :

570 - ((Aircraft weight) x 3 )

the FSX flight planner use the MEA (minimum safe altitude) to choose the default flight level, that you can change in the flight planner window.

You have also the possibility to change, during the flight, the cruise altitude in the FMC. Go to the page CRUISE, and click on the Cruise Alt Box. You can set the FL that you want, at any moments, but before you reach the 200Nm of the destination.

Otherway, When you are reach the cruise altitude of the FMC, if you pull the ALT button to toggle in selected mode, you can select a new cruise alt; Push the alt button to validate and the aircraft will climb or descent to your new flight level.

But keep in mind that you can change the FMC flight level only if you are at more than 200Nm of the destination. If you chage the Cruise/alt value when you are at less than 200Nm of the destination, the FMC will engage automatically the descent process. This is the real process on an AIRBUS.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks, Francois, for this new A318 pack; a wonderfull X-Mas gift!
fdd_fr wrote:
This pack contains only the aircraft with a decdicated version of FD-FMC. So, to work, you must have already installed the Pack A320 FD-FMC, because it use the same Dll modules:
François
Another mandatory reason to install the pack A320FD-FMC at first is the (still) not provided EFFECT and SOUND/CALLOUT-FD related files in the a.m. PA318FD-FMC beta 0,8 pack... ;-)

A first A318 short hop from Vancouver to Victoria with AP only ;-) shows no new issues. The implemented VC-blue-lighting at night are impressing.

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks Francois. I'll use FMC as it seems more accurate, and also on flightradar24 many airliners fly at high altitude (around 330-350).

ricardo404

Post by ricardo404 »

Ola Francois everything well, I wanted to inform you about the release of Microsoft Flight X:steam edition released by steam more created by dovetail same creative train Simulator.ela created this new fsx fully limited both that the pmdg Aerosoft all companies payware tao having to configure their aircraft for this new sistema.eu had done.See the link:http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Thanks, Francois, for this new A318 pack; a wonderfull X-Mas gift!
fdd_fr wrote:
François
Another mandatory reason to install the pack A320FD-FMC at first is the (still) not provided EFFECT and SOUND/CALLOUT-FD related files in the a.m. PA318FD-FMC beta 0,8 pack... ;-)

A first A318 short hop from Vancouver to Victoria with AP only ;-) shows no new issues. The implemented VC-blue-lighting at night are impressing.

Wulf
You are right, Wulf ;)

VC Blue lighting has been created by Paul Davis
ricardo404 wrote:Ola Francois everything well, I wanted to inform you about the release of Microsoft Flight X:steam edition released by steam more created by dovetail same creative train Simulator.ela created this new fsx fully limited both that the pmdg Aerosoft all companies payware tao having to configure their aircraft for this new sistema.eu had done.See the link:http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/
Hi Ricardo,

I know that Steam has bought the FSX licence to Microsoft. But the code doesn't change and the Aircraft will work with Steam (but I don't know if it can work in multiplayer). Only P3D has some change on the software, but FD-FMC works also with P3D. I use the lastest FSX XML code (FSX Sp2/acceleration).

But it is not compatible with FSX alone or FSX Sp1 (in this case, Overhead doesn't appearfor exemple).

NEWS :
======

I have just uploaded 3 new airports on the Freenavdbgroup website :
- LEBB - Bilbao - Spain (realized by Jean-pierre Varnir) and requires a new AFCAD created by Joost Visser (with ILS runway 12), to donwload on the AVSIM library
- LFKJ - Ajaccio - France, a mid-core airport (landing on runway 20 is difficult, for confirmed pilots)
- LIRF - Roma Fiumicino

You can download these new airports on the ICAO G to N page of the wabsite.

THink to download the new AIRAC file, otherwise, these airports will not work; The last AIRAC file is the 12262014 (Freenav AIRAC page in the Airport database menu).

Happy christmas.

Francois

LittleBudda88

Post by LittleBudda88 »

Francois,
Is it possible to manually install liveries on the PA Airbus A320 FMD 0.77 Version?

LittleBudda88

Post by LittleBudda88 »

And why the doors(except the main exit) dont open due the commands Shift+E+2 etc...?(Version 0.77 FMS)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

LittleBudda88 wrote:Francois,
Is it possible to manually install liveries on the PA Airbus A320 FMD 0.77 Version?
Yes, you can install all liveries as you want, but when check the following things

- Keep the Aircraft.cfg file provided with the FD-FMC pack (add only your [Fltsim.x] section to declare your new livery)
- Keep the .AIR file and the panel folder provided with the FD-FMC pack. You must copy only the Texture.xxxxx folder of the livery that you have download
- when you declare your new texture in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file, check if your nex "texture.xxxx" folder, you must have a file called "texture.cfg" and this file, that you can open with notepad must contains the following text :
[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
If you havn't this file, you can find in textures folders joined with the pack : copy and paste this file in your new livery folder.

To declare the [Fltsim.x] section in your aircraft.cfg file, you must fill the following text :
[fltsim.x] "x in the next number in your texture list"
title=PA320_CFM - or PA320_IAE if it is an IAE engine texture
sim=pa320-cfm56-2 or pa320-v2527 depends of your engines texture version
model=CFM-100 or CFM-200 or IAE-100 or IAE-200 , depend of your model
panel= leave empty for beta version
sound=CFM or IAE depend of your model
texture=XXXX name of your texture folder
kb_checklists=AirbusA320_check
kb_reference=AirbusA320_ref
atc_id=XXXX ident of your texture e.g. N466UA
atc_airline=Airline name e.g. AIR FRANCE
atc_flight_number=xxx number of your flight
ATC_PARKING_CODES=XXX 3 letters ICAO airline ident e.g AFR for Air France; you can find it on the web. this information is used by the FSX ATC to send your aircraft at the right gate
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_variation=Airline Company name
ui_createdby=Project Airbus
ui_type=xxx xx xx description of your aircraft
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
description=Project Airbus A320, Aircraft by Project Airbus Team:\n\nVisual Model by Andy Warden & Derek Mayern\nFlight Model by Peter Binamira\nBase Texture by Demetris Themistocleous & Alessandro Savarese\n\nCopyright Project Airbus 2009\n

Last edited by fdd_fr on 27 Dec 2014, 03:58, edited 4 times in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

LittleBudda88 wrote:And why the doors(except the main exit) dont open due the commands Shift+E+2 etc...?(Version 0.77 FMS)
Have you update the panel with the last version (0.77q) taht you can download here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... %20IAE.zip

It is very iomportant that you report to me if you have the problem with the last version, because, this is the sign that there is an XML instruction that run in a loop in my code and the bug appear if the CPU is overloaded on a mid-power computer) and I must fix it.

Please report to me with the last panel.

Thanks

François

LittleBudda88

Post by LittleBudda88 »

Yes, but I noticed something strange: After several tries the cargo doors and R1,R2 etc. opened, but it took a lot of times to push Shift + E + 2 etc... .And when I landed at an airport, where GSX(Ground Services X from FSDreamteam) was not working, all the doors were opening after just one time I pushed Shift + E + 2...(with other words, very easy).So I guess the reason is a bug between your panel and GSX...is it possible?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

just checked the A318 beta in a middle hop from Helena Rgl. to Jackson Hole KJAC using FMC and the flight and approach sequence runs as expected.
For your attention: During approach shortly before auto landing the speed is reduced below the required landing speed due to the sluggish auto-corrective change of the engine power. I repeated the same flight with the A320, panel 0,77q, with a similar result.
Manual landing and speed correction could easily compensate this effect, but auto landing is also attractive.

Wulf

Here I want to share this eye candy approach to KJAC with You....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

LittleBudda88 wrote:Yes, but I noticed something strange: After several tries the cargo doors and R1,R2 etc. opened, but it took a lot of times to push Shift + E + 2 etc... .And when I landed at an airport, where GSX(Ground Services X from FSDreamteam) was not working, all the doors were opening after just one time I pushed Shift + E + 2...(with other words, very easy).So I guess the reason is a bug between your panel and GSX...is it possible?
I havn't GSX, so I can't test. But which version of the panel you use ? the lastest ?

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

just checked the A318 beta in a middle hop from Helena Rgl. to Jackson Hole KJAC using FMC and the flight and approach sequence runs as expected.
For your attention: During approach shortly before auto landing the speed is reduced below the required landing speed due to the sluggish auto-corrective change of the engine power. I repeated the same flight with the A320, panel 0,77q, with a similar result.
Manual landing and speed correction could easily compensate this effect, but auto landing is also attractive.

Wulf

Here I want to share this eye candy approach to KJAC with You....
I know this problem Wulf. the reason comes from all stock FSX turbine engines aircrafts have a no realistic thrust curve. They have a too linear thrust curve and the FSX A/THR function has been coded by microsoft for a linear thrust.

Microsoft stock air file Thrust curve :

So, in my panels, I have change the .AIR files to get a more realistic thrust curve.

Francois .air file 'excuse me, too much coffee today :laugh: ) :

So, when the throttles are in the low of the curve (between 0% - 60%), FSX A/THR function has too many time of reaction, this is the reason why in some case, the speed decrease below the target value.

To avoid this situation, I have added a security, by add + 15 knots to Vapp speed, until the gear is not down. The true Vapp is set when you down the landing gear. The best way is down the landing gear when the aircraft is on the final descent path ; that's decrease the phenomenon.

Other solution, you can increase in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file , the reaction speed of the FSX A/THR; In the Aircraft.cfg file, in the [autopilot] section, you have this value :
max_throttle_rate=0.30
If you increase the value, A/THR will command more quickly the throttles. You can try 0.60 or 0.70.

The mathematical algorythm that command A/THR is called a PID (proportionnal Integral Derivative function). I have write my own PID for the pitch control during climb and descent (and during these phases, I don't use the FSX A/THR function, because I control engines by the N1 value, this is the reason why the problem doesn't appear during these phases), but it is complex, and I hadn't the courage to write my own A/THR when the aircraft is in SPEED or MACH mode. May be I do that in the future version of the panel.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

What are the airports that you will like we add to the database in priority ?

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

WMKK, Kuala Lumpur International Airport will be nice

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:What are the airports that you will like we add to the database in priority ?
In Canada and USA the following airports are highly appreciated as for most of them additional
free- and payware airport sceneries are available and attractive:

KBZN Gallatin Bozeman Yellowstone
KPSP Palm Springs
KMRY Monterey Peninsula
PASI Sitka
CYYJ Victoria
CYLW Kelowna
CYVR Vancouver
CYXY Whitehorse

Thanks in advance
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok we will do.

And think to look at the airport creation kit tools and its user manual, on the freenav website. It is not difficult to create airports data.

I am in holydays for 1 week. I will try to do these airports.

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

MHTG (Tegucigalpa) would be nice!

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Just some came up to my mind, just in case :)

UUDD Moscow (or ones of the others)
LICC Catania, Sicily (or an other in the island)
LIPZ Venice
LJLJ Ljubljana, Slovene

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

whaou ! I have plenty of work now :laugh:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I completed KBZN and I am testing it.

Wulf, KPSP is a trap ! There is an holding pattern during SIDs to get altitude ! Maybe it is for general aviation and jet aircraft have enough thrust to climb to avoid this holding. I must test it because my FMC cannot manage an holding pattern during SID !

Thanks for the trap ! :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airports coming soon

Sample of a test at KBZN - Bozeman Yellowstone; Rwy 12 Appraoch, with a DME-ARC from BRIGR to FALIA, and an holding pattern (optional) at FALIA.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, I realized when I apply thrust on snowy/rainy runway to take off, I should see the engines jets behind them on the ground surface: I can see them but only underneath the aircraft and not close behind to the engines. For sure a screenshot would be more clear on what I mean; I have it but I don't know how to put it as attachment here!! I could send you by email.

An other thing about ice protection. Could you please check if Wing/Eng1/Eng2 de-ice works? If I disable them by overhead, I cannot see orange alerts on Systems panel in ENCOM2 (but Pitot does).

Thanks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, It is a bug of the default .fx effects of FSX. I search new effects;

I have uploaded 7 new airports on the Freenav Website, and the new AIRAC file :

[*] KBZN - Bozeman Yellowstone Gallatin Airport - USA - Montana , Compatible with FTX sceneries. Middle difficult airport, with high surrounding mountains
[*] KPSP - Palms Springs intl Airport - USA - California ; Visual approaches with High mountains around the Airport
[*] LICJ - Palermo - Punta Raisi - ITALY; realized by Georges
[*] LPMA - Madeira - PORTUGAL ; A very high difficult Airport only in visual approaches. 2 versons provided : 1 for FSX stock airport, with elevation of 711 feet (unrealisitc) and 1 for the Aerosoft Madeira X Scenery, with an airport elevation of 170 feet (the real value). Please, read the install TXT file.
[*] YBBN - Brisbane Intl Airport - AUSTRALIA - Fully compatible with FTX/ORBX Sceneries
[*] YMML - Melbourne Intl - AUSTRALIA - Fully compatible with FTX/ORBX Sceneries
[*] NZQN - Queenstown Airport - NEW ZEALAND ; A very hard airport, with special procedure for departure, and approaches all visual). For pilots who want fun. Fully compatible with FTX/ORBX Sceneries

Wulf, I think that you will love NZQN; A very hard airport !

Sample of a NZQN SID, with a circle to turn around 2 hills :

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Attention : NZQN airport (Queenstown - New Zealand) that I have posted yesterday had some errors and there are 5 missing waypoints in the AIRAC 01032015.

So I have uploaded this moorning the fixed version; Now NZQN is v4.01 and the new AIRAC is 01042015. All the website has been updated.

Sorry for the convenience.

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
Hi Wulf,
In real life, there is no STAR at PAJN. Arrivals are always by radar vectoring by the ATC.
About PAJN, a friend has found a "no offcial" approach to the runway 26, which is reserved to the Alask Airlines pilots. I will add this approach next weekend.
Hi Francois, is this special RWY26 approach already included in the FD_FMC PAJN 4.0 file or do I miss something?
fdd_fr wrote:
Wulf, I think that you will love NZQN; A very hard airport !
Francois, unfortunately I do not have the NZ stuff from ORBX which IMHO is nec. to get an adequate scenery impression.
But the NZQN map shows the valley character. Impressive!
I have focused on the Northamerican Pacific area from Alaska to SoCal and this a wide area with some challenging airports.

Wulf