Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

wulfbindewald

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Try to put this previous version of the Autopilot gauge : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A32x_autopilot.zip
A320 panel autopilot: This previous A32x_autopilot.xml works fine again and the V/S digit size has not changed as awaited.
VSI on PFD: The new moving V/S digits works fine.

I don't have MSXML.dll, at least in the system32 folder.

EDIT: One thing discovered in the A320 panel: No noise or another sound indication, if the gear will not be extended during approach.
Is this normal? Which altitude is critical?
This indicator has not been applied since panel V3.

Wulf

My Spec: Win7 64 bit, FSX SP1 SP2

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

fdd_fr wrote:In \Windows\System32\ directory.
name file is MSXML.dll. Right click and look at properties....
OK done MSXML.dll : 8.0.7002.0 | Winxp 3
fdd_fr wrote:All other functions of the panel 0.90 must be work !
Yes All works.

//gauge20=A320FD-FMC!Debug

Ok done

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:I have
MSXML3.dll 8.110.9600.17415
MSXML3r.dll 8.110.9600.16384
MSXML6.dll 6.30.9600.17415
MSXML6r.dll 6.30.9600.16384

I don't have MSXML.dll, at least in system32 folder
Thanks. I think that all Windows version has a different version of the XML Parser

Mines :
MSXML.DLL : 8.0.7002.0
MSXML3.DLL : 8.90.1101.0
MSXML3r.DLL :8.20.8730.1
MSXML6.DLL : 6.20.1076.0

I will work this moornig to change the V/S reading of the autopilot. I have another way to have the 2 sizes of digits. Actually, I have coded all in one line of code. I will do the job in two parts, and all will be ok for everybody.

I will post the fixed autopilot gauge as soon as possible.
wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Try to put this previous version of the Autopilot gauge : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A32x_autopilot.zip
A320 panel autopilot: This previous A32x_autopilot.xml works fine again and the V/S digit size has not changed as awaited.
VSI on PFD: The new moving V/S digits works fine.

I don't have MSXML.dll, at least in the system32 folder.

EDIT: One thing discovered in the A320 panel: No noise or another sound indication, if the gear will not be extended during approach.
Is this normal? Which altitude is critical?
This indicator has not been applied since panel V3.

Wulf

My Spec: Win7 64 bit, FSX SP1 SP2
Thanks wulf. Stay online, I am working on a new version of the gauge, that will be compatible with all XML Parser.

About the Gear alarm, no chage in this version. This is coded in the Aircraft.cfg file in the [GPWS] section. You can desactivate this alarm, linked between flpas position and throttle position.

Have you try the new throttles features (FLEX and TOGA notches during Climb) ?
moskito-x wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:In \Windows\System32\ directory.
name file is MSXML.dll. Right click and look at properties....
OK done MSXML.dll : 8.0.7002.0 | Winxp 3
fdd_fr wrote:All other functions of the panel 0.90 must be work !
Yes All works.

//gauge20=A320FD-FMC!Debug

Ok done
Thanks Moskito-x ! is the new one version of the autopilot gauge that works on your computer ? or the older ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I have changed the code to a classic syntax, that must be working with all Windows XML parser;

Can test the new version, with the 2 small trailing "0" on the V/S reading of the AP :

Please, give me feedback to know if I can update the panel 0.90 that is online with this new version of the A32x_Autopilot.xml file

You can download here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A32x_autopilot(b).zip

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Hello,
I have changed the code to a classic syntax, that must be working with all Windows XML parser;
Can test the new version, with the 2 small trailing "0" on the V/S reading of the AP
The A32x_autopilot(b) version now works fine with the 2 small trailing "0".
fdd_fr wrote: About the Gear alarm, no chage in this version. This is coded in the Aircraft.cfg file in the [GPWS] section. You can desactivate this alarm, linked between flpas position and throttle position.
I am using your brand new and unmodified Aircraft.cfg from beta 0,9, please see below. I´m confused; is the gear alarm in the [GPWS] section activated or disactivated now by default? More important: Is this ~ Airbus standard?
[gpws]
// added by Francois dore for callout sound compatibility
// Chapitre GPWS ajouté pour ne pas avoir les alarmes FSX en aproche et ne pas gener le "Callout"
max_warning_height = -1
sink_rate_fpm = -2000
excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -4500
climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -100
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -200
fdd_fr wrote: Have you try the new throttles features (FLEX and TOGA notches during Climb) ?
In the climb phase and FMC activated the throttles can be manually set with the joystick between THR CLB - FLEX11 - TOGA fwd and backwd.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank wulf for your report; I will update the website with this new version.

Here, you can see the progress of the Windows version !! Viva Microsoft

Old code to display the two small trailing digit and the leading sign : This code works on my old Win XP 32 :

Code: Select all

<Element id="VS Readout">
	<FloatPosition>270.000,16.000</FloatPosition>
	<Visibility>(L:VS_Mode,bool) 0 == (L:FMCrun,bool) 0 == or (A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and</Visibility>
	<GaugeText id="VS Readout Readout">
		<Bold>True</Bold>
		<Bright>True</Bright>
		<FontFace>Quartz</FontFace>
		<FontColor>Orange</FontColor>
		<FontHeight>17</FontHeight>
		<GaugeString>
		%((A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) abs s0 (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) 0 < (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) -1000 > and )%{if}%-0%(l0 100 /)%!1d!%{else}%((A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) 100 / s1 0 9 l1 rng)%{if}%+0%(l1)%!1d!%{else}%(l1)%!+d!%{end}%{end}\{fnt1}%OO%
		</GaugeString>
		<HorizontalAlign>LEFT</HorizontalAlign>
		<Size>50,18</Size>
		<Transparent>True</Transparent>
		<AlternateFont id="AlternateFont">
			<Bold>True</Bold>
			<FontHeight>14</FontHeight>
		</AlternateFont>
	</GaugeText>
</Element>

Today, the new code to display exactly the same thing, but to work with your new OS :

Code: Select all

<Element id="VS +0 to +09 Readout">
	<FloatPosition>266.000,16.000</FloatPosition>
	<Visibility>(L:VS_Mode,bool) 0 == (L:FMCrun,bool) 0 == or (A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and 0 999 (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) rng and</Visibility>
		<Bold>True</Bold>
		<Bright>True</Bright>
		<GaugeString>%+0%((A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) 100 / )%!-1d!%</GaugeString>
		<HorizontalAlign>RIGHT</HorizontalAlign>
		<Size>30,18</Size>
	</GaugeText>
</Element>
<Element id="VS +10 and higher Readout">
	<Visibility>(L:VS_Mode,bool) 0 == (L:FMCrun,bool) 0 == or (A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and 1000 8000 (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) rng and</Visibility>
		<Bold>True</Bold>
		<Bright>True</Bright>
		<GaugeString>%+%((A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) 100 / )%!2d!%</GaugeString>
		<Size>30,18</Size>
	</GaugeText>
</Element>
	<Visibility>(L:VS_Mode,bool) 0 == (L:FMCrun,bool) 0 == or (A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and -999 -1 (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) rng and</Visibility>
		<Bold>True</Bold>
		<Bright>True</Bright>
		<GaugeString>%-0%((A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) 100 / abs )%!1d!%</GaugeString>
		<Size>30,18</Size>
	</GaugeText>
</Element>
	<Visibility>(L:VS_Mode,bool) 0 == (L:FMCrun,bool) 0 == or (A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and -8000 -1000 (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) rng and</Visibility>
		<Bold>True</Bold>
		<Bright>True</Bright>
		<GaugeString>%((A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR,feet per minute) 100 / )%!-2d!%</GaugeString>
		<Size>30,18</Size>
	</GaugeText>
</Element>
<Element id="VS trailing 0 Readout">
	<FloatPosition>298.000,18.000</FloatPosition>
	<Visibility>(L:VS_Mode,bool) 0 == (L:FMCrun,bool) 0 == or (A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and</Visibility>
		<Bold>True</Bold>
		<Bright>True</Bright>
		<FontHeight>14</FontHeight>
		<GaugeString>%OO%</GaugeString>
		<HorizontalAlign>LEFT</HorizontalAlign>
		<Size>30,15</Size>
	</GaugeText>
</Element>

Now, you know why you 64b OS requires 16 GB of RAM to works !!!! :D :D :D and each variables takes 2 more place in an 64b OS than a 32b OS.

My windows fills 190 Mo of RAM 8-)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: Now, you know why you 64b OS requires 16 GB of RAM to works !!!! :D :D :D and each variables takes 2 more place in an 64b OS than a 32b OS.
My windows fills 190 Mo of RAM 8-)
I hope this will not be the reason for future OOM´s. Otherwise I´ll change the A32x_autopilot.xml back to the previous one.

Pls. comment my gear warning question.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

In the most time, OOM are caused by AGN file missing in FSX; There is a tutorial to fix this FSX bug. Now, I never have OOM.

don't worry, that is not the new 10 lines of code that will occurs OOM :)

About GPWS system, I havn't read this part of the AIRBUS FCOM; So I can't answer to your question at this time. This GPWS section comes from a versison of the PA A320 that I downloaded. AIRBUS FCOM has 1600 pages ! Let me a little time.

I will check what are the true AIRBUS value.

For the moment, you can desactivate this warning by delete the [GPWS] section.

Let me a little time .....

I can't work on everything in the same time :laugh:

I have updated the website with Panel 0.91 and Autopilot patch for those who have downloaded panel 0.90.

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=618

François
Last edited by fdd_fr on 29 Mar 2015, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

What do you think of the new Throttles code ?

It is the closest of the Real Airbus. I have not coded only the "0" crank, because on a real Airbus, when you set your throttles on "0", that desactivates A/THR. But if your joystick throttle has some potentiometer interference, that may disconnect A/THR without your consent....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:What do you think of the new Throttles code ?
It is the closest of the Real Airbus. I have not coded only the "0" crank, because on a real Airbus, when you set your throttles on "0", that desactivates A/THR. But if your joystick throttle has some potentiometer interference, that may disconnect A/THR without your consent....
I am not a real pilot, but I would prefer to stay with the current solution (no add. risk when down-moving the THR joystick).

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think so.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi! Now A/P switches work right!

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, I had a succesfully flight from Gatwick to Linate. I like the possibility to move throttle during the climb.

I'd like suggest a new feature in FMC. Could you please add ETA and ETE columns on the side of waypoints list (I mean the small right FMC black panel)?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

A320 Panel 0,91: During a common flight with FMC I recognized during the cruise phase that the FMC is showing red alerted numbers in the "take-off" slide and the corresponding warning text at the bottom. Although this FMC page describes settings in the past it is strange. The flight was ok in FMC. I am sure that the take-off entries in the FMC have been correctly included in the beginning.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

All is Ok Wulf. After take-off, when FMC toggles from RWY TRK to NAV mode, the runway heading variable is set to "0", beacause I need this operation to change the FMC mode; So it is totally natural that the reading becomes red.

No abnormal situation. This is the sign of your initial take off phase has been completed.

If this red reading after take-off cause some trouble, I will find a solution to clean the box. But this is necessary to reset to 0 the RWY TRK mode;

I don't know If my explanations are clear, must this phenomenon is totally normal and exist from the first panel edition. This is a programming trick.

But you are right, this may occur confusion, so I will find a solution to avoid this red reading after take-off.

But I don't understand why your greendot speed is red.... I will do some test....

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, I had a succesfully flight from Gatwick to Linate. I like the possibility to move throttle during the climb.

I'd like suggest a new feature in FMC. Could you please add ETA and ETE columns on the side of waypoints list (I mean the small right FMC black panel)?
I think that there is no enough place in the right window of the FMC to display ETE and ETA for each flight plans waypoints.

You have already the ETA to the next waypoint, displayed on the upper right of the ND;

But I can add these information in the FMC STATUT page (ETA to next waypoint and ETA to final destination) . Here, I have the place.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I was thinking you would be able to enlarge the FMC window size. Anyway, I guess your suggested solution is fine. I've seen the ETA to next waypoint in ND, but what I was missing was the arrival time. You could put just this last information (ETA to final dest.) in local and ZULU time in case.

EDIT. Even if I think the best way could be add ETA to final destination below the GPS destination that you can read in the right bottom corner in ND display.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi I was thinking you would be able to enlarge the FMC window size. Anyway, I guess your suggested solution is fine. I've seen the ETA to next waypoint in ND, but what I was missing was the arrival time. You could put just this last information (ETA to final dest.) in local and ZULU time in case.
EDIT. Even if I think the best way could be add ETA to final destination below the GPS destination that you can read in the right bottom corner in ND display.
Interesting though as I had a look into various pics in airlines.net, where on real A320 ND the ETE is optionally displayed on the left bottom corner above the waypoint. Furthermore the kind of the waypoint name is differently displayed here.
I recommend to adopt this correctly 8-) or to let it be as it is designed today ;) .

Wulf
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finnair/ ... 2a3a97e1a8

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hey guys, I would like to complete the panel. there will be always somthing to add, to improve.....

The FMC window size is already big, (1024x768) and I think that is not a good solution to increase the size.

If there is something missing on the ND, I can correct it. But draw me on a picture what you want.... and let me a little time to search in the AIRBUS FCOM.

So, I have already modified the take-off code, to add the new feature which allow to toggle when you want from FLEX to TOGA. To day, with the actual panel, when you select FLEX, you can't set the thottle to TOGA during take-off. THis is now fixed.

I had to change the FLEX to TEMP calulation, because tha actual formula given a too high thrust : fixed.

And I have corrected the feature that allow to toggle in FLEX mode after take-off. At this time, in panel 0.91, you have the readings FLEX to TEMP, but after take off, this crank is FLX MCT. Reading fixed.....

François

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Wulf, i'm afraid that could be the chronometer. I found ND description and it seems there is no destination ETA but only ETA to next waypoint. As already showed in the panel. Probably the best way -if Francois is willing to do and has time- is adding a short information lane in FMC status page in ECAM2.
Thanks for your last fixing Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:Wulf, i'm afraid that could be the chronometer. I found ND description and it seems there is no destination ETA but only ETA to next waypoint. As already showed in the panel.
Thanks for clarification, Prosdocimo!

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I looked into A320 FCOM. ND displays only ETA to next waypoint on the right upper corner. ETA to destination is displayed in FMC pages. Thus I guess it would be more realistic put ETA to destination into FMC status on ECAM2.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Francois, at take off I was giving too much pitch by mistake, airplane was going over 20-30° of climbing and I was getting stall. Luckly is a simulator, just my early faults in piloting an Airbus.. Anyway did you put a 15° limit as I read? Is it applied only when rotating? Thanks for clarification

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Prosdocimo,

Security that I added to avoid the 18° of pith after take off, works only if you have engaged the AP quickly. Because, When aircraft, during takhe off is under FMC control, it don't use the "ALT" function of the FSX AP, but the "pith" control function , and with this function, joystick remains active until the pitch area crontroled by the FMC is reached. On the A320, this is not a big aircraft and it hasn't a great inertia on the control, but when I began to adapt the FMC to the A330 model, I discovered that the pitch inertia is very huge, even under AP. this is the reason why I added this security, but It works only when AP is activated.

On the other side, on a real AIRBUS, you have a real security to avoid this phenomenon, when the FLY By Wire is activated ("Normal Law"), you have a protection that prevent all wrong action of the pilot.
With use the "CONTROL+E" to start engines, the FBW is in "DIRECT LAW" mode; That's means that the joystick works like a standard aircraft (like a Boeing), and in this case, protectionis not activated. To activate FBW in "NORMAL LAW" you must check on the left of the Overhead, that ELA1, SEC1 and FAC1 swicth are on (you have a reding on the lower left on the main ECAM; In "Normal Law" FBW prevents abnormal aircaft situation and if you have too much pitch, it takes the aircraft control to decrase it. This protection called "Alpha Floor" appears by 2 red arrows on the lower of the PFD and the aircraft must decrease its pitch, even if you do the contrarious on the joystick.

The problem is than the default FBW is not correctly programmed in FSX and the protection arrives too late, but it works.

Gary Galea, a Project Menber team, has realized a FBW gauge that you can find here :viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2250 I think that his job is 1000x better than the default FSX FBW. But I havn't test it, and I don't know if his software is comptabile with my panel. Byt you can test it.

You must know, than in real life, Airbus crew flies always in "NORMAL LAW", so with FBW totally active. FBW has many particularities :
- Rudder manual control is inactive: This is computer that control rudders
- When pilot gives an order to the joystick (trun, climb, descent....), when he release the joystick, aircraft keeps its attitude; He hasn't ot maintain the joystick
- FBW manage turn coordination (ailerons and rudder)
- Pilots cannot set the aircraft in an abnormal attitude : All pilot orders are under computer controls, so you cannot do a looping :D
- Aircraft remains in its"flight envelop" (I don't know the real word in english, but you cannot set the aircraft in a wrong attitude).

FSX default FBW is a bullshit and not properly simulated. This is the reason why, by default, my aircraft is in "Direct LAw" and not in 'Normal Law"; But you can by engage SEC1, ELAC1 FAC1 buttons.

But Try the Gary works !

But its a huge works, to program a totally security on the aircraft controls.

About the ETA to arrival, I think than I can add this feature in the "CRUISE" page of hte FMC (it remains some place in this page), but I must check the FSX XML function about this. I am sure that there is the function to get the total time remaining until last waypoint of the flight plan. I don't know if there is a function to gat the "shedule" of hte arrival. And If there is this shedule, I don't know if it is in destinanation Local time or in zulu time.
Last thing, the time to reach a destination is computed by FSX, according your actual speed. So, It cannot take in account, the Speed constraints of the STAR and approaches waypoints, so in all case, the result will be a approximation, but not a precisiously value.

I will search in the SDK what I can do...

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, thank you for all this explanation. I noticed flight envelope protection in PA Airbus is much better than in default A321. For instance Alpha floor activation readyness to avoid stall at low speed. Normally I turn on Normal Law in your panel. There is a protection in over banking (if I exceed xx degrees bank and I release the joystick, the plane comes back to xx degrees, I don't remember the xx value! 20? 30?). However there is no overspeed protection.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Planning for next weekend :

- Final beta version of the A320 Panel, with new throttles features during Take-off and ETA for destination ;) and estimated fuel remaining at destination........

Airports :
- Update of LFPO - Paris Orly (fix some altitude constraints on some STAR) (author: Jean-pierre Varnier)
- EKCH - Copenhagen - Danmark (author: Jean-pierre Varnier)
- SCTE - Puerto Montt - Chile (author: Georges)
- KBOS - Boston Logan intl - by me

and peharps : SLLP - La Paz El Alto - Bolivia but I am not sure to complete it for this weekend......

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, thank you for all this explanation. I noticed flight envelope protection in PA Airbus is much better than in default A321. For instance Alpha floor activation readyness to avoid stall at low speed. Normally I turn on Normal Law in your panel. There is a protection in over banking (if I exceed xx degrees bank and I release the joystick, the plane comes back to xx degrees, I don't remember the xx value! 20? 30?). However there is no overspeed protection.

28° for max bank under autopilot.

In final version you will have the real auditive signal of overspeed.

There is no protection against overspeed in real Airbus I think (according all the documentation that I read. But my autopilot gauge includes a permanent calibration between mach value and IAS value, according altitude, while FSX don't offer this feature.

You have the verticals red bars indication on the ASI of the PFD, for the underspeed (according weight and flaps positions) and overspeed (acording your altitude).

In FSX default aircrafts (like the default A321), if you are in mach mode and you select mach 0.80 at 30000ft, and you decide to change your altitude to climb, Aircraft will accelerate, because FSX acutualize the Speed ratio according the altitude only if you change your speed on the FCU, but if not touch the speed button, the MACH value becomes false because the FSX default Autopilot works really only in IAS mode. Mach is only a reading, not a mode in the FSX autopilot ! A bullshit !!

So, your MACH 0.80 will become a mach 0.90 at 35000 ft and you will crash by overspeed.

My autopilot gauge actualize permanently the real Speed (IAS versus Mach versus altitude).

YOu can see that, when you exceed the crossover altitude and when the autopilot toggle in mach mode. Look at the speed bugs on the PFD, it decreases more your climb (and when you descend in mach mode, you wil sse the speed bugs increase). If you have the Saitek autopilot panel, you can see the IAS value change with your altitude when you are in MACH mode. I have past a long time to code this autopilot to get a real function.
One more thing, that is not really visible in this panel, but claimed many code.

90% of this panel code is invisible, but they are main functions and features of this panel. All these gauge have no bitmap. It is only code !

I have corrected the biggest foolishness of FSX. With my aircraft, Mach speed has always the real IAS according value ! and it is a real MACH mode

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About the final beta, if you think that the scrolling V/S digits on the PFD VSI are too small, tell me....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

In 3D panel to me it's ok (consider that I also use an eyepoint view a little back). Also in 2D panel is ok to me.
What you could do is enlarge (or change color in yellow or black) the central dot that indicates the level on artificial horizon in PFD. It's very small and Flight Director green lines cover it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok. I will try to improve it.

About the destination ETA : Is this solution is Ok for you ? Would you want that this reading appears only by clicking on an specific Area of the ND ? or permanently ?

ETA changes permanently, according your Speed, and I think that the shedule indicated is based on the actual local time of the aircraft position. I will do a long flight test to konw that.

Thanks for your reports, because I will post update panel tomorrow.

Note :
this is the KBOS Boston Logan SID RNAV BLZZR2. I will update the airport database today, with new airports, but I don't know if I will completed KBOS (only SID and STAR are completed, it remains to me the approaches). So the AIRAC that I will post today will include all the necessary Waypoints for KBOS but I think that I will post KBOS tomorrow...But you will not have to download a new AIRAC tomorrow.

François

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks! There is perfect. I think could stay there permanently.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok.

After test, it seams that destination ETA is displayed in destination local time.

I have updated the website with the following airports :

- EKCH - Copenhagen - Kastrup - Realized by Jean-Pierre Varnier, in two version : because on charts, only RNAV STAR have approaches; all conventional STAR ending by a ATC radar guidance. So, there is a version like this (CONV STAR have no approaches) and one version where conventional STAR have approaches, coded via the KAS VORTAC, has described in AIP approaches charts
- SCTE - Puerto Montt - El Tepual Intl - realized by Georges
- LFPO - Paris Orly - France, Updated (v4.01) : fix some STAR altitude constraints - by Jean-pierre Varnier

New AIRAC file is 04042015, and it include all waypoints for KBOS - Boston Logan, which is not ready (I am doing the final test of the approaches, because charts are complex and requires tests). I will publish it tomorrow , in the same time as the update of hte Panel, but AIRAC 04042015 is ready for KBOS.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

KBOS -Boston Logan is online. 5compatible with Fly Tampa Scenery).

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

New panel is online : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=647

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

All fine. Thank you!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

A320 panel beta 0,92 works fine.

Coming back to the airports, where I have checked KPSP Palm Springs RNP RNAV´s and approaches.
The approach definitions for both RWYs 13R and 31L work fine, but 2 RNAVs should be improved:
- RNAV BALDI.PSP: waypt alt BALDI is too high and even exceeds the allowed max altitude(!). Here I suggest an extended approach
with an entry waypt TEYKI/13.000ft and followed by BALDI/10.000ft/220kt and PSP/7.000ft/220kt. This ensures smooth transition.
- RNAV FIVUT.PSP: waypt. FIVUT/13.000ft to be followed by PSP/7000ft in 11nm, which requires one new hold pattern. To be included.
Alternative is to define a new waypt before FIVUT similar to RNAV BALDI.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

Ok, I promise you that I will work again on KPSP and SPZO. But, after 2 years of work, I have decided to pass a weekend of hollydays, without work on the project.

I need to do a small break of some days...... I work on the porject all my free time since more than 2 years. Just a little break.

I have decided to build my photographic gallery, because this is my other passion !

http://francois-dore.fr/

This is the beginning ! Many pictures to sort....

And like I sort out my pictures, I found some old aircrafts picture taken few years ago.

I hope that you can wait a little week, but I am a little tired.....

And I need to change my mind...

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

impressing pictures, Francois!
No problem to wait for further improvements. All is freeware and so not under any time restriction :) .
Have a nice holiday!

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

François, those pictures are amazing! :D

I'll return back to work on SKCL, and I'll try the new panel to see how it works.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks !

Hollydays are finished !

It seams that there is a big bug with the Panel 0.92 :

The save game function not works properly ! If you save a flight, the FSX flight plan file is not updated and the FMC data are not saved, so if you save a flight with the panel 0.92, you will can not load it properly.

Sorry; I will search the solution as quick as possible !

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Important !

I found the Panel 0.92 bug that prohibit to the FMC to save its data and the modified flight plan when you saved a flight with the panel 0.92.

I have modified the code and publish a little patch : This only the FMC folder, located in your "Gauges" folder. This patch updates in version 0.92a

Go to this page to download this patch : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=655

Sorry for the convenience.

I have updated the Panel 0.92 page and upload the version 0.92a. But if you have already upload the previous version (0.92), you have just to apply the patch with the link above.

Sorry for the convenience.

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,
I am close to complete the "Installation manual" of the Aircraft and like I think that the "english Aircraft user manual" will be avalailble qickly, I am doing the last modification in the panel.

I have already improved the TAWS (Terrain Radar) : You know that the TAWS display is refreshed when the aircraft altitude change of + or - 500ft or when you change the ND range selector.

To refresh the TAWS map, FSX force to use a change of the zoom level to draw the new map. So, today, you can see, if you use the TAWS, that when ND screen is refreshed by this tip, you can see during 1 second the map at the smallest zoom scale, oriented to the North. This is not nice.

So, I have found a new code, that allows to refresh 3 times more quickly, and during the map refresh, the map is not visible. This delay take only 1/3 of second against 1 full second before, and no ghost map during refresh.

I test this new code and It seems to be ok;

So, I am trying now to add the "Alpha portection" in "Normal Law", when you drive by hand; On an AIRBUS A320, this alpha protection prevent to have more than +30° or -15° of pitch, and 33° of bank.

I am working since yeterday on this new function, and I hope that I will arrive to code it.

So, Wulf, excuse me, but as the panel arrives to final edition, and I set priority to complete its code. When all will be ok, I will update KPSP and SPZO.

François

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

GREAT! I like that you are going to put these alpha protections.

By the way it seems there is also an overspeed protection, that pitches up the airplane when overspeed alarm comes up.
Okay, I know you are vey busy in finishing the panel!! ..And I don't know if implementing overspeed protection could be good in FSX as several times upper winds change suddently in direction/strenght and you may have period of overspeeds... that could trigger overspeed protection several times in a flight. So maybe is not a good idea over all, however just a my little thought.

For curiosity just look here

http://www.airbusdriver.net/airbus_fltlaws.htm

High Speed Protection:
•Prevents exceeding VMO or MMO by introducing a pitch up load factor demand.
•The pilot can NOT override the pitch up command.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I know. I will try to include overspeed protection.

I have completed the English installation manual;

If some people can read it, to know if all explanations are clear, and if my english is correct ?

You can download it here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Install% ... 20v1.0.PDF

Many thanks

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I'm not an english speaking, so I cannot help in grammar. But I would say "installation manual" in the main title, and the paragraph titles #8.2 #9 are still in french.
Bests

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right.

Thanks !

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

thanks for the draft installation guide, Francois.

1) page 1: The name "Modules" is a FSX folder name, but it is not intended to put and install anything into "Modules".
For risk prevention I recommend to rename it e.g. Modules_content or so.
2) Chap 6-9: I am not quite sure if an installation guide of 6(!) closely described pages are "motivating" to do this complex installation.
So I propose only to describe the installation in a pure and lite installation process as already done in chap 2-5. No explanations. Only take this and put it there. Nothing else.
3) For those who are looking for add. informations there can be added a separate appendix with all background informations, why to do so/author/versions/risks/propable upcoming updates (airports, Airac..) ....

IMHO the lite installation guide can be reduced to 2 customer friendly pages ;)

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, as you are now in the process of modifying the code of the A320 FD-FMC, is there still no way to add missed approaches? Perhaps in a later update?

SKCL is almost finished (again). I'll send it to you this week.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:thanks for the draft installation guide, Francois.

1) page 1: The name "Modules" is a FSX folder name, but it is not intended to put and install anything into "Modules".
2) Chap 6-9: I am not quite sure if an installation guide of 6(!) closely described pages are "motivating" to do this complex installation.
So I propose only to describe the installation in a pure and lite installation process as already done in chap 2-5. No explanations. Only take this and put it there. Nothing else.
3) For those who are looking for add. informations there can be added a separate appendix with all background informations, why to do so/author/versions/risks/propable upcoming updates (airports, Airac..) ....

Wulf

Hi Wulf,

1) I understand what you mean. I renamed "Modules" folder in "Modules_Required" folder, to avoid confusion.
2) & 3) If you don't declare the DLL's, FMC gauge cannot work . Even if you don't want use airports database (SID/STAR), nothing will work in managed mode. You can not even enter an altitude value or Thrust. Nothing will work because the FMC keyboard use XMLTools/XMLTools3D.
So I think that the aircraft has no interest without FMC functions (even if you don't use SID/STAR).
THis is the reason why I think that it is indispensable to install the DLL's. Procedure is not very complex; And I have began, one year ago, to write a "Setup" installer in Visual Basic 6. I have stop, because people told me that this automatic installation was not important. But if you think that installation will be too complex for people, I can finish this "Setup.exe" with an automatic installation.

But I havn't past 3 years to write these gauges if they are not used. I know that people think that this is the visible gauges which are required the most work, but not, tThese are the 21 hidden gauges that given to me the most work (all the algorithms that manage the climb/descent with constant thrust, all the vertical navigation control of the aircraft).

Last change, about the V/S reading on the VSI takes me 5 hours to works fine. The code which control the climb (pitch in managed mode) takes me 6 months of work !! But like it is not visible, people cannot know the difficulties.....

Ask to you the following question : Why a FMC witha true vertical navigation doesn't exist in freeware ? VAS-FMC is a pretty gauge, with a real look, but it has no vertical management. Very hard to code !
The320Pilot wrote:Francois, as you are now in the process of modifying the code of the A320 FD-FMC, is there still no way to add missed approaches? Perhaps in a later update?

SKCL is almost finished (again). I'll send it to you this week.

Missed appraoch is not a problem of gauge code, but a problem linked to the airport data file format. I have created the files format inthe same time of the panel. When I began to work on the panel, my knowledge in XML was very little. And the first file format that I have created is the SID format. This is the reason why, SID are limited, because at that time, I did not know I could create a complex code. his is the reason why SID format can manage only one type of constraint.

I have designed STAR and Appraoches file format later, and this is the reaon why these files have more information and can manage speed and altitude constraint at each waypoint, because my panel was moore advanced.

But today, it is impossible to change file format, otherwise, all airports already realized would be unusable.

I can find a tip to add missing approach data in appraoches files, by use the 3 last column of each approach line, but Airport creation will be more complex, and already, I find that few people involved in the Airports data creation project. So I do not want complicated matters.

Today, It is very simple to use the tool kit, and I would like more people join the group....and I am afraid to discourage people if I add again new functions.

Today, the FMC has a basic missed approach system (when you have loaded an approach) ; If you disconnect A/THR, just before landing and you set your throttles to TOGA, you engage a basic GO Around mode, which re-init flight plan and data at the first waypoint of the approach data (with altitude and speed).

This system works perfectly, except if airport is surrounded by mountains, because track to join the first waypoint of the approach is not the official track of a missed approach, but just a "direct to" from the runway theshold and the first wyapoint of the approch.

I know that my system is not perfect, but actually, I want stop the developement, to publish the aircraft, and adapt as soon as possible to other Project Airbus Aircraft.

When A318,A319,A321, A330 and A380 will be FMC ready, I will come back on the panel and improve it.

But today, I am tired, and I want finish.

Otherwise, there will be always something to add and A320 will never completed.........no end ! no limit !

New features will be for panel updates.

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:thanks for the draft installation guide, Francois.

Wulf

Hi Wulf,

1) I understand what you mean. I renamed "Modules" folder in "Modules_Required" folder, to avoid confusion.
2) & 3) If you don't declare the DLL's, FMC gauge cannot work . Even if you don't want use airports database (SID/STAR), nothing will work in managed mode. You can not even enter an altitude value or Thrust. Nothing will work because the FMC keyboard use XMLTools/XMLTools3D.
So I think that the aircraft has no interest without FMC functions (even if you don't use SID/STAR).
THis is the reason why I think that it is indispensable to install the DLL's. Procedure is not very complex; And I have began, one year ago, to write a "Setup" installer in Visual Basic 6. I have stop, because people told me that this automatic installation was not important. But if you think that installation will be too complex for people, I can finish this "Setup.exe" with an automatic installation.

But I havn't past 3 years to write these gauges if they are not used. I know that people think that this is the visible gauges which are required the most work, but not, tThese are the 21 hidden gauges that given to me the most work (all the algorithms that manage the climb/descent with constant thrust, all the vertical navigation control of the aircraft).

Last change, about the V/S reading on the VSI takes me 5 hours to works fine. The code which control the climb (pitch in managed mode) takes me 6 months of work !! But like it is not visible, people cannot know the difficulties.....

Ask to you the following question : Why a FMC witha true vertical navigation doesn't exist in freeware ? VAS-FMC is a pretty gauge, with a real look, but it has no vertical management. Very hard to code !

François
Thanks for Your reply, Francois. But I think you´ve completly misunderstood me. May be I´ve not explained my proposal properly.
In short: I´ve proposed to minimize the installation explanations but not to leave off any installation step.

I personally prefer a "by hand"-installation because an automatic installation (setup.exe) must be checked in depth. I guess very time consuming.

Wulf