Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

moskito-x

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by moskito-x »

Hello François,

Thank you for your detailed explanation,
but you have not explained how to get 900 ft for THR RED field.

In Charts THR RED are in feet above Airport elevation.
No calculation needed.
we can directly enter the 1500 value.
If the airport was at an altitude of 600 feet,
we would have to enter 900 ft to populate the THR RED cell.
Thomas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Because in the most case, Altitude value on charts are given above sea level. And altitude that you must indicates in the EXCEL datasheet for THR RED and ACC ALT must be filled in feet Above Airport Elevation !

So, if you read on charts or airport notice that Thrust Reduction altitude is 1500ft (in feet above Main Sea Level or MSL ), and that your airport is at 600 feet, you must write 900 feet in the THR RED cell (900 + 600 = 1500 ft).

IN the EXCEL data sheets (SID, STAR and Approaches) ,all altitude are in feet above sea level except :

- Thurst Reduction altitude
- Acceleration Altitude
- the Runway threshold(the last waypoint of an approach, that is always a type "R" with the runway number)in the Approach Sheet.

These 3 values must be filled with altitude AAL (Above Airport Elevation)

For all other value, you have no problem, there are always in feet MSL; No calculation.

and FMC knows the Departure and Arrival Airport elevations and add automtically this elevation to the value.

On charts, sometimes values are in feet AAL, sometimes in feet MSL, it is always confirmed.

About Runway threshold, you have always the 2 values on the approach Charts (for the MDA or the DH). Value AAL is often between brackets, in second position.

If you have a doubt or no information about THR RED ALT and ACC ALT, set the 2 values at 1200 feet in EXCEL sheet.

Think also, that Clearance altitude must be always highr than Acceleration Altitude, otherwise, FMC will have a big problem. So, if you don't find a information about inityial clearance altitude, set always with a value higher than ACC ALT !!!! Very important.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

So the formula is :

If Thrust Reduction altitude = (MSL/AMSL)

THR RED cell = Thrust Reduction altitude (MSL/AMSL) - Airport (MSL)

If Thrust Reduction altitude = (AGL)

THR RED cell = Thrust Reduction altitude (AGL)

thank you very much.

Thomas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right. Same thing for Acceleration Altitude.

The reason why these 2 values are based on airport elevation is that on a real Airbus FMC, these 2 values are already calculated by the FMC at 1200ft above the Airport elevation by default (if other values are required, this is pilots that enter new values).

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

A320 panel 0,95A:
1) FMC A to B with flightplan, w/o STAR but RWY ILS available:
Today I pushed unadvertently the ILS button in the THR mode, which is not allowed. Only in SPEED mode allowed, ok.
Is there a way to block this or at least to define a warning sign to prevent this and a mis-controlled continued flight?
(This has been discussed in the past, but I do not find the conclusion...)

2) FMC A to B with flightplan, with STAR and APPROACH:
When the AC is following the defined approach-steps WPT to WPT the sink rate is sometimes too high. I have seen values from 1600 to 2500 ft/min and as a consequence speed limits will be exceeded, when flaps are already set. IT seems the AC is forced to reach the lower WPT altitude independing of the existing speed limits. Which variable controls the sink rate?
Any chance to smoothen this?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

1) I will test and adapt the code wulf.

2) During approach, sink rate is 1100 ft if aircraft is in clean configuration and if Slats or/and flaps are used, sink rate is calculated to maintain 3° (5.2%) of path angle (variable sink rate according ground speed).

It seems that Aircraft can accelerate, even with engines at 0% when I is at low altitude... I don't know the real behavior of the A320 and if the model is conform. In this case, use slats and flaps to have drag.....or you can toggle in V/S or FPA mode and decrease your sink rate.....

So, like I have seen at the TV a program about the Air France A330 Rio-Paris Crash, that give me an idea. Today, I have set the pitot consign in red always, if pito is not activated. I don't know how work Pitots, but I think that if there is a switch to activate the pitot heat, that seems that it must use only when necessary.

So , I will change the code to display the consign in red, only when aircraft is on clouds and the exterior temp negative.

So, I will add to the code a function, like real Airbus, that disconnect the autopilot and the A/THR if pitots are iced. Because when the speed information are lost, aircraft must toggle in total manual control ( This is what happened in Rio-Paris ).

De-ice Pitots takes less than 1 minutes, and all system must be automatically disconnected.

A little step to a more realistic panel.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thank you! Could you also check if engine/wings de-ice are active? They stay green on system page even i switch their knobs off on overhead panel

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

However, what i always thought about that accident is this. Does airliners have GPS system on board in the cockpit? In case yes, why GPS is not used to have informations about the real airspeed?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Because a GPS cannot gives air speed, but only ground speed. And at high altitude, only air speed is important, and more the aircraft is high less the range between stall and over speed is smaller.

In french, pilots have an expression : They call a Flight at very high altitude "Le coin du cercueil" = "the corner of the coffin"

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok Wulf. I found the solution. Now, ILS button can be engaged only if descent is completed, when you fy with FMC active.

For the FMC, Descent is completed, when aircraft reach the STAR last waypoint if you loaded a STAR, or when descent target altitude is reached, when you havn't load a STAR.

I found the solution to have the Glide Slope diamond that work, even if APPR button is never engaged. second issue solved....

I test now Pitot icing new code and strutural icing detection.....

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for Your effort, Francois!

further questions to A320 panel 0,95A:
A) No FMC, only AP engaged and e.g. landing at KMRY RWY28L, ILS/APPR Localizer 110,7 engaged:
As there is only a glide path available but no glide slope I have to descent with defined sink rates.
V/S mode works as expected, but switching to FPA mode the sink angle remains constant independent of the toggled angle. Is this intended?

B) FMC activated and flying in cruise mode:
In the case of altitude change + or - I have to right click ALT knob and define updated altitude e.g from 30.000 ft to 32.000 ft.
I´m unable to define the updated altitude as a new cruising altitude in engaged mode.
As a consequence I have to stay in ALT selected mode at 32.000 ft. How to define this as a new engaged ALT w/o starting the descent phase?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

A) I will check, but G/S works properly. You have to engage in first ILS button and after APPR button (no LOC button).

Path angle is controlled by the ILS gauge, only if FMC run, and in this case when the gauge capture the G/S signal, and if the aircraft is too high (diamond below the center mark) the gauge set the V/S to 1600ft/mn to try to return in the center of the beam.

If Aircraft is below the ILS beam, the gauge force a sink rate of 100ft/mn because, in some cases, the standard descent path prevent to capture the G/S

but these two functions work only if FMC is running.

When FMC not activated, V/S and FPA mode must works under pilot control. I will check.....

B)
I know; there is a little bug in the autopilot gauge of the panel 0.95A. I have already fixed it. This bug prevent to change cruise flght level with ALT knob. This bug is corrected.

I will test your G/S phenomenon, and the new Pitot code and I will post this weekend an panel hotfix .

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi wulf,

After many test, I understood what's happening to you.

When you toggle in FPA mode, you must validate by pulling the V/S knob to engage FPA mode.

We don't think to do that, because, when we click on FPA "button" (sorry, I havn't the real button in this VC and I can't add it), FPA reading appears, but FPA mode is not engaged.

THis is the same process to V/S mode, you must pull the knob. we don't do the wrong manipulation with V/S mode, because V/S reading appears only if you pull the Knob, and not for the FPA. I will try to improve the system. But FPA mode works : Engage FPA mode, and pull the V/S knob

I found another huge bug : When a SID has a constraint altitude according a waypoint, and you take off in slected altitude, passing the constraint, speed vlaue is lost and aircraft stall !
Bug fixed

I have improved the SRS mode, when there is a difference between the THR RED and the ACC ALT; Now, SRS speed is maintain better !

Other error : all the altitude readings on the PFD have reversed colors !!! I have spaghetti in my eyes !!! Actually, Cyan color is used for managed alttude and Maganta color for sleected altitude : Off course, this is not correct : I reversed the colors !

I have modified many code in the PFD gauge, about the FMA readings, that are now improved, with missing armed mode (OP CLB, CLB, OP DES DES in Cyan color).

I found solution to have the ILS Slope verticale diamond, working, even if approach is not engaged.

I will post new panel tomorrow in the morning.

Francois

I will post

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Great news! François, after the A320 FD-FMC is finished, will you adapt the FMC to the A318, A319 and A321?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, when A320 will work perfectly.

until there are modifications, I cannot work on multiple aircraft. Already many gauges to manage for one aircraft ! I must wait to have A320 with 0 errors.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Yes, when A320 will work perfectly.

until there are modifications, I cannot work on multiple aircraft. Already many gauges to manage for one aircraft ! I must wait to have A320 with 0 errors.

0 error is an ambitious goal, Francois.

Now I´m unhappy to further report a small bug in panel 0,95A ;) for Your attention:
C) The limited A/C roll angle works, when AP is not set and the A/C is fully manually controlled
but it does not work, when AP is set only w/o further FCU settings, please see pic below.
Maybe this small bug should not be corrected for those simmers who prefer artistic flying :laugh:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf, you want that I dead on my computer !!!! :laugh:

Try to change this setting in the [autopilot] section of the Aircraft.cfg :
use_no_default_pitch= 0
use_no_default_bank= 0

And maybe by activate the fly by wire (activate the 7 buttons) this situation may not occurs.....

If i must write all the autopilot code to replace the FSX autopilot, project will be ready in ten years ! I have replaced already the FSX Speed/mach management (because FSX default doesn't calibrates IAS versus mach) and it took me several weeks!

But this is curious, because when you use the autopilot, in HDG mode for example, bank is ok....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Wulf, you want that I dead on my computer !!!! :laugh:
Therefore I wrote, that I´m unhappy ;) .

It is on the project leader´s responsibility and freedom to make a cut ..... e.g. now.

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote: Now I´m unhappy to further report a small bug in panel 0,95A ;) for Your attention:
C) The limited A/C roll angle works, when AP is not set and the A/C is fully manually controlled
but it does not work, when AP is set only w/o further FCU settings, please see pic below.
Maybe this small bug should not be corrected for those simmers who prefer artistic flying :laugh:
Or you could simply try not to get the aircraft into that attitude?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Ahah it's a never ending project!
What i realized is that we should override banks and angle limitations when we switch off all the 7 computer button. But this doesn't happen.

However i'm very happy as 0.95a is now and i'd like suggest to correct only giant bugs if any, or just release it! Even because the Final version would be used by a lot of people that could discover other issues in case

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf,
I think that I have discover my error about your high bank.

I detect only if AP is disconnected. But in your case, AP is activated, but you have just disconnect the HDG and nav mode. I undestand my error.

Panel update is ready ; I have just to change the code to detect the HDG and NAV mode disconnected even if AP is enable, to avoid your acrobatics :geek:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Code changed. Sorry wulf : This is the end of Child Games :laugh:

Bank control works now in all cases. About pitch control, solution is not perfect, because code has a little conflict with the FSX FBW function, but that works, not perfectly but that's works.....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Panel 0.96 update :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=687

New in panel 0.96 :
- Fix a bug that prevent to change the FL with the ALT knob
- Now, ILS switch can be activated only when aircraft has completed its descent (End of STAR if a STAR loaded, or Descent Target altitude if no STAR loaded). ILS cannot be activated on THR IDLE mode.
- FMA readings improved, about armed mode (CLb and OP CLB ,OP DES et ALT)
- Previous panels have a wrong color code about managed/selected altitude readings on the PFD. All colors was reverted. Now all is OK: Cyan color if for selected altitude, Magenta color for Managed altitude.
- SRS mode improved, mainly when Thrust reduction altitude is different than Acceleration altitude. Totally new code to maintain SRS speed. Now SRS Speed control is very more accurate.
- Fix a huge bug, that occured when there was a SID altitude constraint, linked to a waypoint, and than the FCU was in selected altitude : In this case, in previous panels, Speed information was lost, when aircraft reached and Aircraft stall : bug fixed.
- When there was a SID altitude constraint, linked to waypoint, and FCU was in sleected altitude, if crew didn’t toggle in managed altitude just after passing the waypoint, it was impossible to engage managed altitude. Bug fixed.
- Real Airbus function added about Pitot icing : If pitot iced, Autopilot and A/THR are disconnected.
- New code about Pitot reading information on Statut page or checklist : Orange color appears if Pitot heating is not activated, and there is rain or snow, or aircraft is in cloud AND aircraft body temperature is negative.
- Same alert for Engines icing and Wings Icing
- Fix a XML synthax error in the Common Gauge
- Now, Glide/Slope pointer (vertical diamond scale on PFD and ND on ILS mode) works, even if Approach function has never been activated. All the ILS scale work when the ILS button is pressed (even without FMC or Autopilot enabled)
- New Flight level calculation for short flight ( flight < 300 Nm ) : Flight level is higher now
- Improved the Alpha Protection, that prevent too much bank of sink rate, now even if AP if enebaled. (hello wulf :D )

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

François, it's just a little suggestion. May we get the magenta LANDING INHIBIT message on the ECAM when the plane is on its final approach? I also think there is a magenta T/O INHIBIT during take-off, but I'm not sure. Please add this only if you do any other update. I think, maybe, the FD-FMC will need Only one update before release, because most of its bugs are fixed right now, but we never know. Another one may appear before the official release.

Thanks!
Last edited by The320Pilot on 11 May 2015, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

the FMC window will be opened at a predefined location in the VC. If the screen resolution is UHD then the default position is on the top left screen area. The size format from the FMC window is ok.
How to manually change for the VC the default FMC window location (or coordinates) in the panel.cfg? Please advise.

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

How do you guys calculate the FLEX temperature?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:François, it's just a little suggestion. May we get the magenta LANDING INHIBIT message on the EICAS when the plane is on its final approach? I also think there is a magenta T/O INHIBIT during take-off, but I'm not sure. Please add this only if you do any other update. I think, maybe, the FD-FMC will need Only one update before release, because most of its bugs are fixed right now, but we never know. Another one may appear before the official release.

Thanks!
Have more information about these readings ? I don't see what yo mean....
wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

the FMC window will be opened at a predefined location in the VC. If the screen resolution is UHD then the default position is on the top left screen area. The size format from the FMC window is ok.
How to manually change for the VC the default FMC window location (or coordinates) in the panel.cfg? Please advise.

Wulf

i wulf,

You have here all the secrets of the Panel.cfg file : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... vcockpit00

About position of the gauge, in [WINDOWxx] sections :
0 = upper-left corner
1 = upper-middle side
2 = upper-right corner
3 = middle-left side
4 = middle
5 = middle-right side
6 = lower-left corner
7 = lower-middle side
8 = lower-right corner.

The320Pilot wrote:How do you guys calculate the FLEX temperature?
My flex temp code is lighter.

Large rules :

Flex to temp can be from +0 to +50° celsius above the Ambient temperature.

The more the number is higher, the more you reduce take off thrust.

E.G :
If ambient temperature is 10° :
- if you set FLEX to 10 you will have the higher thrust (Very close to MCT, no derated thrust)
- maximum value will be 60, and you will have the lower take off thrust (maximum derated thrust).

Your must chooze your take off thrust with the following parameters :
- If airport is at high altitude, you needs more thrust, because engines thrust decrease with altitude
- if ambient temperature is high, engine thrust decrease
- The gross weight of your aircraft
- The runway length.

With experience, you will find the right setting.....sorry, no charts provided... ;)

With an airport below 1000 feet, and an aircraft between 65000/70000 kg and a ambiant temperature of 15°, and a classi runway (not short) I set my flex temp 30 to 35° above the ambient temp (45°).

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:François, it's just a little suggestion. May we get the magenta LANDING INHIBIT message on the EICAS when the plane is on its final approach? I also think there is a magenta T/O INHIBIT during take-off, but I'm not sure. Please add this only if you do any other update. I think, maybe, the FD-FMC will need Only one update before release, because most of its bugs are fixed right now, but we never know. Another one may appear before the official release.

Thanks!
This.

Look at the top ECAM and you will see a purple (or is it magenta?) text that says LDG INHIBIT. I think it appears during the landing roll and on the last portion of the approach to alert the pilots there will be no important messages in the ECAM other than the ones concerned with the landing procedure.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: You have here all the secrets of the Panel.cfg file : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... vcockpit00

0 = upper-left corner
1 = upper-middle side
2 = upper-right corner
3 = middle-left side
4 = middle
5 = middle-right side
6 = lower-left corner
7 = lower-middle side
8 = lower-right corner.
Francois
I changed in the panel.cfg [WINDOW06] the value position=4 to position=8, but there was no position change in the VC visible. Is Window06 the correct one?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:

Thanks!
This.

Look at the top ECAM and you will see a purple (or is it magenta?) text that says LDG INHIBIT. I think it appears during the landing roll and on the last portion of the approach to alert the pilots there will be no important messages in the ECAM other than the ones concerned with the landing procedure.

I have to search information about that, to know the conditions linked to these readings. In my actual Airbus documentation, they don't appears... But I will search...
wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote: You have here all the secrets of the Panel.cfg file : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... vcockpit00

0 = upper-left corner
1 = upper-middle side
2 = upper-right corner
3 = middle-left side
4 = middle
5 = middle-right side
6 = lower-left corner
7 = lower-middle side
8 = lower-right corner.
Francois
I changed in the panel.cfg [WINDOW06] the value position=4 to position=8, but there was no position change in the VC visible. Is Window06 the correct one?

Wulf
Yes, this is window 06.

That's work for me. But it is necessary to restart FSX or launch a flight with another aircraft, before to do your test because FSX keeps in memory cache panel parameters. Quit FSX and launch again.

You have another way :
gauge00=A320FD-FMC!A320_FMS_Main,0,0,1024,768

These two numbers, inred, can set the window position. But it is not very clear if value is in mm or pixels; But try to change these 2 values. I think that they define the position of the top left corner of the window, but I don't know if the reference is the bitmap panel backgroud picture or the screen resolution. You have to do tests, but think to restart FSX or launch a flight with another aircraft to erase FSX memory cache, between each change.

NOTE :
I have uploaded a new version of SPIM - Lima - Peru, because previous version had wrong altitude constraint for RWY 33 ILS and LOC approach when you come from "LIM" VORTAC.

And I completed SBGL - Rio de Janeiro. It will be uploaded this next weekend. Approaches of SBGL are particulous and requires many use of Speed brakes, because and of STAR and approaches have a high path angle.
And I will try to do KJFK New York (but complex charts ! )

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

thanks for Your advise how to move the default FMC-panel position on the VC. The position=4 (1...8) unfortunately does not work on my end.
The 0,0, modification from the gauge00=A320FD-FMC!A320_FMS_Main,0,0,1024,768
to e.g. 30,30 will immediately let the FMC-panel disappear in the VC. I always rebooted FSX after each trial.
Enclosed one pic under FMC default position=4=center position!
I am pretty sure it has to do with the new UHD resolution. Other external windows (maps, weather...) work fine and will be correctly centered by default. Hopefully I find the trick....

SPZO and KPSP update still on your list?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About SPZO and KPSP, excuse me but I not remember what you want, because I workded on the panel last weeks, and it is difficult to do many thing at the same time.

I remember taht about SPZO, you would add a waypoint in the holding pattern, but I didn't understand why....

Can you repost charts with your comments, Wulf ?

Thanks

Edit : You have a huge screen !!!!!!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

enclosed my requested topics in SPZO and KPSP. I hope self-expressing.

Wulf

For KPSP:
wulfbindewald wrote: Coming back to the airports, where I have checked KPSP Palm Springs RNP RNAV´s and approaches.
The approach definitions for both RWYs 13R and 31L work fine, but 2 RNAVs should be improved:
- RNAV BALDI.PSP: waypt alt BALDI is too high and even exceeds the allowed max altitude(!). Here I suggest an extended approach
with an entry waypt TEYKI/13.000ft and followed by BALDI/10.000ft/220kt and PSP/7.000ft/220kt. This ensures smooth transition.
- RNAV FIVUT.PSP: waypt. FIVUT/13.000ft to be followed by PSP/7000ft in 11nm, which requires one new hold pattern. To be included.
Alternative is to define a new waypt before FIVUT similar to RNAV BALDI.
Wulf
For SPZO:
wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Updated airports :
- SPZO - CUZCO (v4.01) I added the waypoint which has a altitude constraint during RWY 28 appraoch. Thanks Wulf ! Can you try it ?
Hi Francois,

thanks for the update. Just made one spot check and the altitude steps down including the adjusted speeds work well and balanced :)

One further RWY28 approach path improvement could be to add an artificial waypoint before MURKY to reduce the acute angel at MURKY. There is such a waypoint D9.0 URC on older approach maps, which ensures a proper turn, pls. see my approach map section one page before. But again, no bug, only improvement ;)
Wulf

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: Edit : You have a huge screen !!!!!!
I´m using a 55" 4K UHD flat TV as a new monitor for sim+office purposes and exchanged my GPU to a GTX980 (HDMI2.0 suppport mandatory)
A complete and overwhelming new experience. The scenery, the VC and the panel incl. instruments display crisp and clear. No upsizing nec. as the dimensions are more real and close to 1:1!

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

OUaahh !!

Ok, I will see for KPSP, but for SPZO, I remeber that the Waypoint D9.0 URC is on the holding pattern path, so I believe that it is not necessary.

I will check this weekend.

This is always more complex to update/chéange an airport than create an airport....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

only a small hickup for Your attention: In cruise mode and after selecting new altitude, the display info is confused pls. see pic.
I recommend to collect only such findings and to wait for the new users´feedback at first after a further panel update.

Wulf

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois,
The320Pilot wrote:
François, it's just a little suggestion. May we get the magenta LANDING INHIBIT
The only thing I got is , at runway heading after set thrust to Man Flex .
I can see T.O. INHIBIT

EDDN before clearence

Thomas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

only a small hickup for Your attention: In cruise mode and after selecting new altitude, the display info is confused pls. see pic.
I recommend to collect only such findings and to wait for the new users´feedback at first after a further panel update.

Wulf

Hi wulf,

There are now many combinations about the FMA readings !! according situation flight, and it is very difficult the find the right way now.

I am not at home and I cannot test, but I think that when you change flight level you have the following sequence :

- you are in ALT CRZ
you select your now flight level : Reading becomes CLB (and SPEED or MACH mode toggle in THR CLB )
- when aircraft is at less than 500 feet of the new cruise altitude, reading becomes ALT CST* (* means altitude captured)
- when new Flight level altitude reached, reading come back ALT CRZ and if speed cruise is reached, A/THR returns in SPEED or MACH mode

Buit it possible than there is a bug, because aircraft is below the crossover altitude (altitude when aircraft toggle from IAS to Mach reference).

In my logic, A second flight level is used for long trip. And in case of long trip, always in my logic, a first flight level is mandatory above crossover altitude (29000 ft by default).
So , I think that I wrote the second flight level code to works above the crossover altitude.

Note :
Flight level change value cannot be less than 750 feet, otherwise FMC cannot detect properly the function.

Mosquito and A320Pilot, i searched in AIRBUS FCOM.

T.O Inhibit and Landing Inhibit readings appears on EICAS to inform crew that only essentials messages will be displayed on the ECAM during these 2 phases.
My panel displays very few messages (in real aircraft, you can have the possibility to have dozen of messages, that crew can scrolling). I don't think that is essential to add these readings, because many messages are missing in my panel.....

I understand that you would like a perfect panel, but I am alone to code, and I am not professional (I learned on my own XML, 3 years ago, and I am not a champion !) and I would like finish the job, because since 3 years, I past all my time on this aircraft....

I am a little tired now....

Now, I want just fix the last bugs and publish otherwise project will have no end..........

Edit :
Thomas, I don't know what is your panel, but its a panel coded in C++ (ND map not use the FSX GPS map, it is a map coded in C++ gauge). and you can do all you want in C++, but I am not a C++ programmer !

ANd there is an error : CLB and NAV reading must be in CYAN color when there are armed. No white color in the second line of the FMA.

Even paywares are not perfect !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

here is the code to display only ALT CST * reading :

Code: Select all

<Element id="AP ALT managed ATC contrainte capture">
					<FloatPosition>118.000,13.000</FloatPosition>
					<Visibility>(A:Autopilot altitude lock,bool) 1 == (L:ATC_Alt,bool) 1 == and (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) 500 > (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) -500 < or and (L:VS_Mode,bool) 1 == and (A:Autopilot Glideslope Hold,bool) 0 == and (L:Change_FlightLevel,bool) 0 == and (L:Go_around,enum) 1 != and (L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == and</Visibility>
					<GaugeText id="AP ALT">
						<Bright>True</Bright>
						<FontColor>0x01E00D</FontColor>
						<FontFace>Arial</FontFace>
						<FontHeight>18</FontHeight>
						<GaugeString>ALT CST*</GaugeString>
						<HorizontalAlign>CENTER</HorizontalAlign>
						<Size>84,20</Size>
						<Transparent>True</Transparent>
					</GaugeText>
				</Element>

you can see all the condition required to disply reading between <Visibility> tags :

1) (A:Autopilot altitude lock,bool) 1 == autopilot Altitude Lock mode must be engaged
AND
2 ) (L:ATC_Alt,bool) 1 == : a new selected altitude is considered as an ATC constraint, so in this case, this variable must be set to 1 (if 0, no constraint)
AND
3) (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) 500 > (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) -500 < or V/S must be lees than 500ft/mn OR more than +500 ft/mn
AND
(L:VS_Mode,bool) 1 == V/S mode = 0 when vertical navigation is basic(A/THR control) , or =1 when verticale navigation is managed (pitch control), so in this case, you must be in pitch control (FMC control Speed, not FSX)
AND
(A:Autopilot Glideslope Hold,bool) 0 == Glide slope must be not engaged
AND
(L:Change_FlightLevel,bool) 0 == Flight level phase is completed or not exist
AND
(L:Go_around,enum) 1 != Aircraft must be not in GO Around mode ( != means "different")
AND
(L:FPA_mode,bool) 0 == FPA mode must be not activated

All these conditions must be tested and if all conditions are OK, ALT CST* is displayed !!

You understand when you have many readings ....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Now, I want just fix the last bugs and publish otherwise project will have no end..........
A good idea now to initiate the final release :)

Wulf

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois,

For your information:

I do not need T.O. INHIBIT or LDG INHIBIT and I guess many others who use your work, also not need it.
I think these are really not necessary.

Your gauge is better than many payware you get today, so compliment.

I wanted to present only the visual display here.
The images of "A320Pilot", because these can not be seen properly !

Thomas

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Francois

Here a better screenshot to show the true colors.

cyan not white.

Thomas

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Approaching LOWI local airport scenery combined with the Austria Professional scenery
to demonstrate an accurate working A320 panel 0,96 with activated FMC...thanks to Francois! Enjoy!
Sim: FSX DX10.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

moskito-x wrote:Francois

Here a better screenshot to show the true colors.

cyan not white.

Thomas
Sorry for my mistake ! Which aircraft is ? Aerosoft Airbus X ?

wulfbindewald wrote:Approaching LOWI local airport scenery combined with the Austria Professional scenery
to demonstrate an accurate working A320 panel 0,96 with activated FMC...thanks to Francois! Enjoy!
Sim: FSX DX10.

Wulf, I am happy to enjoy people ! This is the better reward for me !

As Sean has not yet completed the User manual english translation, I will try to improve the messages on the lower right of the Upper ECAM and add the T.O Inhibit and Landing Inhibit messages....

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

François, the T. O. INHIBIT and LDG INHIBIT are just aesthetics. You might leave them away if you wish. I think the Project Airbus A320 FD-FMC is the best FSX freeware that has ever existed (well, it might be a rival of the Project Tupolev Tu-154, but that's another story; we're speaking about Western aircraft over here).

If there are no further bugs that may interfere with the functioning of the FMC, release it! Can't wait for the official release and the adaptation to the rest of the A320 Family.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks ! I must wait the english translation for the final release.....my english is very too poor, and Aircraft needs a user manual....

Sean told me that he is close to complete translation.

I am checking that panel 0.96 has no big bugs; Let me one or two weeks to be sure and I will post on the Freenav website, a release version without the english user manual.

And when the English user manual will be ready, Aircraft will be on AVSIM library.

To adapt panel to other A32x (A318, A319 and A321), this will go quickly. I think 2 or 3 weeks max, per aircraft.(just the FMC code about pitch control for climb and descent to adapt, Vx speed for take off, N1 thrust setting for climb.....). Design will be the same; Just flight model algorithm to find....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I would like suggest this function if you have time and willing of course, meanwhile you are waiting for english translation.
SD monitor can switch the pages automatically during the phases of the flight. For instance when pilot applies thrust during take off, SD automatically displays engines page. Or, if a system faults then SD automatically displays the systems (checklist) page. And so on. I don't know if it's feasible, it's just a 2cent suggestion of mine!

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

fdd_fr wrote:Which aircraft is ? Aerosoft Airbus X ?
Francois, I used,

"Just Flight A320 Professional" with FS 2002 .
and
"Just Flight A330 A340 Professional" with FS 2004 .

After many hours a got "A330 A340 Professional" to work with FSX.

Screenshots are from "A330 A340 Professional" A330 Thomas Cook

Thomas

PS

I'm working on a program to create the Airport .csv files and .xml files.
It uses the Plan-G generated Database,

One generated I call "Plan-G-Off DB" with all addon disabled (except FD-FMC .bgl files) and
One generated I call "Plan-G-On DB" with all addon enabled.

If you put e.g. "DW" on airport "EDDW" you will get from
"Plan-G-Off DB" nothing .
"Plan-G-On DB" all DW002 to DW010.

To check the input fields i need extra information.
Please EMail me , when you have some time to go through my questions.

Please do not scare, the program does not have a design, only logic at the moment.

Thomas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Thomas,

I am not sure to understand waht you want. I suppose that your want detect with your program, all waypoint already in the FSX database to know missing waypoints ? That's right ?

EDDW is already is the Freenav Database, and like many German Airports, many waypoints are missing by FSX, because STAR and Approaches are today RNAV, with new waypoints.

When Jean-Pierre Varnier has realized this Airports data (SID, STAR and Approaches) He had to add missing waypoint in the AIRAC Freenav.

So, all waypoints that you show on your screenshoot are included in the FreenavAIRAC_xxxxxx.BGL file, located in your "Addon Scenery\Scenery" folder. If you desactivate "Addon Scenery\Scenery" folder when you create the PLAN-G database, this is the reason why waypoints not appears in PLAN-G.

When I say in the "Freenav user manual" that you must desactivate all addons, this is in FSX that you must desactivates, in the Sceneries library , airports addons to be sure to work with FSX default AFCAD.

If you desactivates in PLAN-G the folder "Addon Scenery\, the Freenav AIRAC file will be not read by Plan-G and this is the reason why waypoints don't appears.

All theses waypoints (DW002 - DW010 ROGBO etc....) are in the Freenav AIRAC .

So, don't disabled the Addon Scenery folder in PLAN-G, but disabled your addons in FSX. PLAN-G read the file "Scenery.cfg" to know which addon is enabled or not, and it take in consideration only enabled sceneries.

When you disable Sceneries" in FSX, you must quit and launch at less one time FSX, because FSX rebuild the Scenery.cfg file and after, PLAN-G will read the good version of Scenery.cfg file.

If you want know which waypoint are in the Freenav AIRAC file, there is on mly website, a XML version of the AIRAC, to check, which waypoints are already added in the AIRAC.

You can find this XML version here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=123

You can download "the current AIRAC file XXXXXX for Airport creators......in XML format"

Is it the response that you wait, or I no understand what you want ?

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

during a long haul flight (flightplan A to B, but no STAR, no approach) the descent acc. to TOD was initiated with a mouse right-click on the ALT knob. Is this changed from left-click now to right-click? New conventions?

Wulf