Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

The320Pilot

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, is it possible to add waypoints while flying or is it only possible on the ground before take-off?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:Francois, is it possible to add waypoints while flying or is it only possible on the ground before take-off?
fdd_fr wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:Is there a way to add or delete a waypoint in the flight plan after it is loaded in the FMC?

Yes, off course.

In the DEPARTURE page, or ARRIVAL page :

To delete a Waypoint :
if you click on a waypoint in the flight plan waypoint list , on the right of the window, you can see this name appears in red ion the scratchpad; Click on the "DEL" button and the waypoint wil be deleted.
CAUTION : Don't delete SID, STAR or APPROACH waypoints ! otherwise, the FMC will not work properly.

To add a waypoint :
- If you are in the DEPARTURE page, the region code will be by default the region code of your departure airport
- if you are in the ARRIVAL page, the region code will be by default the region code of your destination ariport.

- If you want add a waypoint, begin by click on the "#" button, and enter the number of the position where you want insert your waypoint in the flight plan.
- after, select the button according the sort of waypoint that you want enter : VOR, NDB, RTE-FIX for "En route" waypoint ( magenta color on the map) OWR-FIX for "Owner-FIX (blue color waypoints on the map). By clicking on one of this button, you can see in the Scratchpad the beginning of the ICAO string appears ; you have just to enter the name (2 to 5 characters of your waypoint), after click on the "ADD" button.
The waypoint will be inserted in the flight plan at the position that you have choose with the "#" button.

CAUTION :
==========
Don't insert waypoint in a SID , STAR or Approach. Only after the last waypoint of a SID or before the first waypoint of the STAR.

If you want insert waypoint which are located on another country that your departure or arrival airport, you must use the ICAO button, and enter the integral ICAO string of the waypoint. e.g :*

You do a flight from EBBR - Brussels National and LIRF "Roma Italy, and you want enter, a intermediate waypoint called "LANUM" that is located in Deutchland, you can do that of the Arrival or departure page, but you must use the ICAO button, because your waypoint is not in belgium an not in Italy, so you must write the region code.
in this case, you begin always by the "#" button to select the insertion position of your waypoint in the flight plan, and after, you click on the ICAO button : After, you clickenter the following string :

"WED----LANUM" and click on "ADD" button

"W" is the waypoint type ("En Route" fix , magenta color on the FMC map)
"ED" is the Germany region code
"----" four spaces, between the region code and the waypoint name, because it is a "En-route" waypoint. If it is a "Owner fix" (blue color), you must enter the ICAO name of the airport linked to this waypoint.
"LANUM" is the name of the waypoint

Type of waypoint are :
"N" for NDB
"V" for VOR
"W" for "En-route" fix or "Owner fix" called also "terminal fix". ICAO airport code required for OWR-FIX, 4 spaces for "En Route" fix.
"R" for a runway (Country 4 letters ICAO code is required)
"A" for Airport : Region code not required, but you must write to spaces, e.g : "A------EGLL"

You can downlaod the french manual of the Aircraft, with all explanations here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pack ... %201.0.PDF

English version coming soon.

Francois

on the "RTE-FIX" button, because "LANUM" is an "En route" waypoint (magenta color)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:Francois, is it possible to add waypoints while flying or is it only possible on the ground before take-off?

You can add or delete waypoint at any time. On ground, when flying...no importance

There are only 2 rules :

- You must not insert a waypoint inside a loaded SID, STAR or Approach,
- You must never delete a SID/STAR/Approach waypoint. But you can delete the whole procedure

otherwise procedure data will be corrupted. Think that SID, STAR and Approach are frozen block ! They must stay undivided.

You must insert/delete your waypoint(s) between the SID and the STAR. If you don't use SID STAR, you do all you want.

You can also load a flight plan with highway route or VOR to VOR, Load your SID or/and STAR and delete FSX fligt plan waypoints which are too close your departure airport or too close your destination airport.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Final panel in 3 or 4 hours....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks I'm really looking forward for it.
Just a question about waypoints. When I open FMC I can see my loaded flight plan. The first waypoint is centered on the departure airport, and the last one is on arrival airport. But when I load a SID I can see the departure waypoint still centered on departure airport so I need to remove it otherwise the airscarft turns back. The same for STAR. Do I make something wrong during set up? Or do I need to delete redundant waypoints (w/o touching STAR and SID wayponits) manually as normally I do?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am not sure to understand.

Can you post some screenshots ?

Edit : Maybe you create a "VOR to VOR" flight plan ? in this case, FSX add as first waypoint the main VOR of the departure airport as first waypoint and the main VOR of the destination airport as last waypoint.

In this case, before to load your SID, delete all waypoint of the FSX flight plan in a range of 100 Nm of the departure airport and same thing, if you laod a STAR, delete all waypoints that are in a 100 Nm range of the destination airport.

If you load a high altitude flight plan or VOR to VOR flight plan, you must clean it by deleting waypoints that are close to departure and destination airport to avoid abnormal track with SID and STAR.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi thanks for clarify. Normally I load high altitude flights. So my procedure to delete closer wayponits when I add a SID or STAR is ok

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Excuse me for the delay.

Panel 0.97, release version : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

What's new :
---------------
- New ECAM messages system : Now, FMC Statut message in the lower left are permanently and lower right messages are improved and dynamics, with only essential messgaes during Take Off and landing phase (T.O INHIBIT et LDG INHIBIT ). FMC Statut page on the secondary ECAM (checklist button when you popup the lower ECAM window has been improved also).
- Autopilot calibration IAS versus Mach during climb and descent improved, and bug fixed during climb to the second flight level.
- During Climb with FMC, if you toggle in "selected" altitude and select an altitude lower that the current altitude, Aircraft did "Level Off" but Altitude Hold mode was not armed : bug fixed.
- "level off" function (by push the V/S Knob) engage now the reversion SPEED or MACH mode (Selected Speed).
- Added the real security Airbus feature that prohibit to extend landing gear if aircraft speed is faster than 260 IAS.
- New Airbus real Feature : Now, during descent under FMC ("DES" or "OP DES" mode), Speed Brakes can extand only at half value.
- Fixed some minor errors.
- Gauges are now packed in "Cab" files.

These "Cab" file replace the old panel's folders. You must delete them (A320_CFM, A320_IAE folders in Aircraft "panel" folder , and A320FD-FMC folder in FSX gauge folder).

I hope there is no error......

francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks, Francois!

One thing discovered in panel 0,97:
FMC activated, no STAR: During flight/descent I activated the speed brakes with the keyboard command # but surprisingly the speed brakes could not be retracted by pushing again #. I had to go to the VC center console and manually push the speed brake slider. This is a bit complicated....

EDIT: Under OP DES the speed brakes can be retracted by the keyboard command shift+#.

Wulf
Last edited by wulfbindewald on 23 May 2015, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Excuse me for the delay.

Panel 0.97, release version : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

(...)

francois
And I'll be then waiting for the adaptation to the rest of the 32S. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Thanks, Francois!

FMC activated, no STAR: During flight/descent I activated the speed brakes with the keyboard command # but surprisingly the speed brakes could not be retracted by pushing again #. I had to go to the VC center console and manually push the speed brake slider. This is a bit complicated....

EDIT: Under OP DES the speed brakes can be retracted by the keyboard command shift+#.

Wulf
I think that I understand what's happens.

My code control Spoiler command axis position. No other solution. That's means that spoiler must be controlled by a joystick axis and not a keyboard command.

The keyboard command is an On/Off command in FSX (full extend/full retractation), so in this case, I cannot control axis position, because Spoiler are linked to an animation in the MDL file and when FSX send the event "Full retractation" by the Key, animation take time, that's means that the axis value decrease slowly and my code cannot work in this case.

If you want keep this feature (half spoiler during FMC controlled descent like real Airbus), There are only 2 solutions and I need the advice of everybody :

1) - user must have a spoiler control via a joystick axis command
2) - if user has no joystick axis available, he must have FSUIPC and assign to keys with the following commands :
- SPOILER INCR
- SPOILER DECR or SPOILER SET with a "0" as parameter.

Wulf, can you test if the Spoiler lever in the ECU popup window (SHIFT+4) works ? (I think that yes...)
No other solution. Otherwise, I must cancel this feature.

I wait your advice, but I thought that everybody had a Joystick......

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:Thanks, Francois!

Wulf
I think that I understand what's happens.

My code control Spoiler command axis position. No other solution. That's means that spoiler must be controlled by a joystick axis and not a keyboard command.

The keyboard command is an On/Off command in FSX (full extend/full retractation), so in this case, I cannot control axis position, because Spoiler are linked to an animation in the MDL file and when FSX send the event "Full retractation" by the Key, animation take time, that's means that the axis value decrease slowly and my code cannot work in this case.

If you want keep this feature (half spoiler during FMC controlled descent like real Airbus), There are only 2 solutions and I need the advice of everybody :

1) - user must have a spoiler control via a joystick axis command
2) - if user has no joystick axis available, he must have FSUIPC and assign to keys with the following commands :
- SPOILER INCR
- SPOILER DECR or SPOILER SET with a "0" as parameter.

Wulf, can you test if the Spoiler lever in the ECU popup window (SHIFT+4) works ? (I think that yes...)
No other solution. Otherwise, I must cancel this feature.

I wait your advice, but I thought that everybody had a Joystick......
Hi Francois,

as proposed I activated a joystick axis command from the spoiler.
The joystick axis command and/or the keyboard command # for spoiler extension and shift+# for retraction work during descent too (half spoiler acc. to visible VC speed brake button position) :o :) .
Could You please recheck as I do not have this conflict? I don´t have FSUIPC.

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, me too! I cannot retract spoiler hitting "ù" (i've italian keyboard but it's the same key). However I can retract spoilers pressing shift+ù that should be the default command for "arm the spoilers". I guess that shift+ù just override panel code (?) and retract the spoiler. If I disactivate FMC, ù key works fully.

So my suggestion is: use shift+ù command during DES or OP DES to restract spoilers.

Francois, I've a problem during icing. I tried to test A/P disconnection in icing clouds and it works. The problem is de-icings (Pitot, wings, engines) seem not working: I cannot de-ice! The switches work, but I still have IAS 0kts and ECAM says red alert on Pitot heating. I also found that I cannot silencing the alarm clicking on "mast warn" button in VC neither in 2D panel.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
as proposed I activated a joystick axis command from the spoiler.
The joystick axis command and/or the keyboard command # for spoiler extension and shift+# for retraction work during descent too (half spoiler acc. to visible VC speed brake button position) :o :) .
Could You please recheck as I do not have this conflict? I don´t have FSUIPC.

Wulf
You can have the 2 function : Keyboard and Joystick, but during FMC descent, only the joystick function will works. Keyboard comand cannot work because it is an ON/OFF function and the code must detect an Axis position.

So if you have a joystick axis, now all is ok.

But, if a user has no joystick and no FCUIPC, he will can not use Speed brakes during managed descent.

Except if someone can confirm to me that if with the freeware version of FSUIPC, you have the possibility to assign commands to keyboards (I have the registered version). I thought that everybody had FSUIPC, because this software is so essential to FSX.....

Someone can confirm please ?

If it not the case, I will cancel the half speed brake features, because code can detect only joystick axis command or FXUIPC programming key command, but not FSX default key command.
Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, me too! I cannot retract spoiler hitting "ù" (i've italian keyboard but it's the same key). However I can retract spoilers pressing shift+ù that should be the default command for "arm the spoilers". I guess that shift+ù just override panel code (?) and retract the spoiler. If I disactivate FMC, ù key works fully.

So my suggestion is: use shift+ù command during DES or OP DES to restract spoilers.

Francois, I've a problem during icing. I tried to test A/P disconnection in icing clouds and it works. The problem is de-icings (Pitot, wings, engines) seem not working: I cannot de-ice! The switches work, but I still have IAS 0kts and ECAM says red alert on Pitot heating. I also found that I cannot silencing the alarm clicking on "mast warn" button in VC neither in 2D panel.

About speed brakes, see my previous response : No solution with FSX default keyboard command, because these keys are ON/OFF and not Axis; ONly solution is Joystick axis or programming keyboard command with FSUIPC, because it allows to simulate an Axis with keys.

About icing : sound alarm stop when pitot is de-iced. Pitot heat button works ! I tested it many times. But it requires somtimes 20 to 30 seconds to de-ice pitot.
If you generate a "pitot failure" by the FSX failure function, in this case, maybe Pitot heat button will not work.. I will test.

But in normal condition, if your pitot ices only with weather, Pitot heat works, but wait a little.....

To everybody : If you think that there are many simers who havn't joystick or FSUIPC, I must cancel this feature. I wait your for your opinion...

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, de-icing seems not working on my system. I waited minutes, also changing the weather to clear and put 30°C at my altitude.
However it's not a problem, I can fly with de-icing always on, or switch it on as soon as I see red alert on ECAM.

I don't understand why I could not use shift+ù to retract spoilers. It works perfectly for me. This could be used also by other users here. I know that this is the "arming spoiler" command.. but arming spoiler is automatic on this panel, so command "arm spoiler" manually by user is an original function that doesn't matter any more.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, de-icing seems not working on my system. I waited minutes, also changing the weather to clear and put 30°C at my altitude.
However it's not a problem, I can fly with de-icing always on, or switch it on as soon as I see red alert on ECAM.

I don't understand why I could not use shift+ù to retract spoilers. It works perfectly for me. This could be used also by other users here. I know that this is the "arming spoiler" command.. but arming spoiler is automatic on this panel, so command "arm spoiler" manually by user is an original function that doesn't matter any more.
About spoiler, Yes you can; with shit+ù you disarm spoilers and allows their retractation with speed. It is a solution, but not a realistic solution. I can't write this command in the manual to ask user to disarm spoilers to retracts them in this case.

I don't know.... this is the reason why I would like your opinion : I keep this half spoiler feature or not ?

I asked on the french forum "Pilote-virtuel" if someone has FSUIPC freeware version, to know if the free version has the ability to key programming, because, if yes, this is the solution : tell to user to install FSUIPC.

And FSUIPC is great software to manage joystick Axis, because you have many features (as remove potentiometer noise, that is a good thing for throttles ! )

So about pitot, how you get icing ? by use failure system menu or you let without Pitot heat, until bad weather occurs icing ? you are in 2D cockpit or VC ?

I need information, because this function has always worked for me (all my realism stting are at maximum in FSX configuration and I use Active Sky 2012 as weather engine).

Information : Next airport will be HECA - Cairo Egypt, with the freeware updated AFCAD of Apha India Group.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, I understand you cannot say just disarm spoilers and you get them retracted on ufficial release! In case you decide to keep it, I could use shift+ù function anyway or if you find a free UISPC. In case you decide to remove this feature, you could put an alert on ECAM about suggesting use 50% only of spoilers... I know is not realistic at all!

About deicing.
Test conditions:
- hold on runway 36
- wind from 0° (north) at 80kts
- stratus layer from ground to 5000 feet, icing: light.
- temperature set at -20C at ground.
- FMC Off
- panel on/engines on (ctrl+E pressed)
- parking brakes on.
- allways in VC cockpit

In these conditions, IAS was 80kts but I was safe on land!

1. with Pitot deice ON: everything was fine.
2. Disabling Pitot: IAS dropped to 0 kts
3. I tried to switch on A/P button but I was not able, as expected.
4. I turned ON Pitot deice... And the first time I got airspeed back to 80 after 20-30 secs. So I repeated the test: I turned Off deice.. IAS dropped 0 and later I re-put Pitot deice ON but I was not anymore able to deice it. Thus I cleared the weather, put air temperature to +30 degrees on the ground... simulator speed rate to 128x.... but nothing to do. No more able to get Pitot deiced. ECAM was saying in red Pitot iced.

I tried also with default airbus and everything was ok.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Pitot heat button code use the only FSX XML instruction available. So, I think that you have got a FSX bug, (peharps because you have forced the lower temp.....) because, nothing can explain that button doesn't work except a "Pitot Failure" in the FSX failure system menu.

Button code is the same than the FSX fefaut A321. I have just added code than disable AP and A/THR is pitot iced detected.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

someone confirmed to me that FSUIPC freeware version not allows to programming keyboard :laugh: This feature is only in the registerd version.

So, If I keep this function, guys who havn't joystick axis for speed brakes, must use VC or ECU popup window to move speed brakes lever (or use the trick of prodoscimo).

So, tell me :

- I keep the feature 50% speed brakes during FMC controled descent ?
or
- I remove the feature 50% speed brakes during FMC controled descent ?

thanks

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:someone confirmed to me that FSUIPC freeware version not allows to programming keyboard :laugh: This feature is only in the registerd version.

So, If I keep this function, guys who havn't joystick axis for speed brakes, must use VC or ECU popup window to move speed brakes lever (or use the trick of prodoscimo).

So, tell me :

- I keep the feature 50% speed brakes during FMC controled descent ?
or
- I remove the feature 50% speed brakes during FMC controled descent ?

thanks
Francois, please keep the feature 50% as is, because
- the aircraft nose raising after 100% spoiler during flight is much pronounced and the drag is to high
- more realistic

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I ran FSX in WinXP compatibility, and I got better deice working (deicing worked for 4-5 times) but later I got the same problem. I don't know. Could you tell me where is the XML file? I could try to exchange it with the A321 default one, in order to see if there is a bug or whatever.

I think 50% reduction is very realistic and should be manteined. With the manual's notice to use the lever in VC/2D panel, or the shift+ù key to retract them (It's a workaround, but it works!)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Francois, I found that when deicing doesn't work.. is because FSX put a tick in Failures -> Pitot tube (failed)!! The weird stuff is that removing that tick and exiting from Failures window nothing happens because if I came back to Failures window, the tick is still there!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

that is what I say to you. FSX failure system is not top !

I think that you must avoid to have several Pitot failure in a little time....

code is in the "A32x_popup_overhead.xml" file and this is the FSX standard instruction (no problem here) :
<MouseArea id="Anti-Ice Probes">
<FloatPosition>685.000,257.000</FloatPosition>
<Size>27,29</Size>
<CursorType>Hand</CursorType>
<MouseClick id="MouseClick">
<Script>(A:Electrical Master Battery,bool) 1 == if{ 1 (>K:PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE) } 1 (>L:CA_Sound18)</Script>
<ClickType>LeftSingle</ClickType>
</MouseClick>
<Tooltip id="Tooltip">
<DefaultId>TOOLTIPTEXT_PITOT_HEAT_SWITCH</DefaultId>
</Tooltip>
</MouseArea>

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks, yes everything is fine to me in my XML.
So maybe FSX simulates a sort of Pitot damage by ice accumulation? Or maybe it's a bug as in default A321 it doesn't happen.. or not so much regularly.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No post about new ECAM memo and Statut system....

Are you Ok with this new version ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Is the following pic showing what You intended? I wonder why pitot is on but under check.
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Text is green. When there is a pitot icing risk, text becomes orange.

I don't know what text set, because when no risk ( now, I detect Pitot icing risk , with temp, snow, rain, clouds and Pitot icing percent...and not the button statut ), you no need to engage Pitot Heat, and in this case, if I set text to OK, crew may understand than button is engaged.

In the lower right, there is the Pitot button statut.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I really like the new ECAM!

I could suggest put ICE...NOT DET in green instead of pitot heat...check. In case of risk it could change in ICE... DET in orange and the regular Pitot alert in the system display

It seems that ice not detected appears also in real ecam memo

http://www.a3xxflightdeck.com/ecam/41-a ... m-warnings

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Text is green. When there is a pitot icing risk, text becomes orange.

Thanks, Francois. Understood.
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:I really like the new ECAM!

I could suggest put ICE...NOT DET in green instead of pitot heat...check. In case of risk it could change in ICE... DET in orange and the regular Pitot alert in the system display

Thanks ! I wil take you info !

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:I really like the new ECAM!

Thanks ! I wil take you info !
I would prefer you take the real Airbus information. Just for more realism. :D

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Fancois,

real A320 flaps extension during overspeed: Is there a load limiter or a speed limiter working to prevent flaps overloading?
Adoptable to your panel....for the future?

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Is there also an automatic function to retract them automatically dueing take off? I heard about times ago

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Prosdocimo wrote:Is there also an automatic function to retract them automatically dueing take off? I heard about times ago
Well, I don't really know if it's been implemented on the FD-FMC, but I think that in the last flight I made with the FD-FMC A320, I forgot to retract the flaps after T/O and after a while they were already at 0. I repeat: I think; I can't really remember.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Fancois,

real A320 flaps extension during overspeed: Is there a load limiter or a speed limiter working to prevent flaps overloading?

Wulf
In documentation that I read, there is no protection for Flaps overspeed except sound alarm.

Without flaps, ovespeed protection increase the pitch... But documentation is huge and maybe I forgot something. Have you some information ?
The320Pilot wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Is there also an automatic function to retract them automatically dueing take off? I heard about times ago
Well, I don't really know if it's been implemented on the FD-FMC, but I think that in the last flight I made with the FD-FMC A320, I forgot to retract the flaps after T/O and after a while they were already at 0. I repeat: I think; I can't really remember.

You have always this feature. Called SFCC (Slats and Flaps Controler Computer).

This is SFCC that prevent to select position 1 during take off ( 1+F mandatory minimum). You can select Position 1 airborne only.

when Take off, SFCC retract automatically flaps from positon 1+F to position 1, passing 210 IAS. They are the only automatic Flpas controls that I found.

In first versions of my panel, SFCC retracts automatically flaps and Slats, after take off, from any position to 0 according Speed. That was wrong.

Stefano Cerutti, given to me the real sheme of SFCC. Now only automatic retractation between "1+F" and "1" position passing 210 IAS .

Extract of the A320 Airbus FCOM :

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Fancois,

Wulf
In documentation that I read, there is no protection for Flaps overspeed except sound alarm.

Without flaps, ovespeed protection increase the pitch... But documentation is huge and maybe I forgot something. Have you some information ?

There is no overspeed sound alarm included in your panel during flaps overspeed and too early flap extension. Could this pls. be included in the future?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes. I will add the "Overspped" callout when overspeed with flaps.

IMPORTANT : It seems that it remains a big bug in panel 0.97 :
Selected Speed mode dosn't work during FMC controled descent. FMC lost reference speed if you pull the Speed Knob. I search in the code where is the error, but this is the most complex part of the code and it requires a little time to find.

So, please, don't use selected Speed during "OP DES" or "DES" mode. Stay in managed Speed (push SPD knob).

Sorry, I search...

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

François, now that you are looking for the Selected Speed error, I have found that it is very difficult to slow the A320 in managed descent mode. I meaan, the aircraft will slow down to 300 KIAS +- 20 kts, but if I don't toggle selected speed 250 knots, the aeroplane will pass 10000 ft (FL 10) at 300 knots! Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No. nothing wrong; it's a bug in the code. Selected speed is not considered during descent.

At this time, use only Managed Speed for the Descent (FMC applies automatically speed restriction of 250 IAS below 10000ft and STAR and approach speed constraints in managed speed mode).

Only Descent has this problem. Climb in selected Speed works fine.

Let me 2 or 3 days to find error. Very very complex code for the descent..... hundreds of XML line's code to check....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Selected Speed descent error found. I am uploading panel update (0.98)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Link to download Panel 0.98 : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... %20IAE.zip

- Fix error with selected speed during descent with FMS
- Fix a little bug in the memo message about FBW in Nomal Law
- some minors change

Link to download updated User manual, in French for the moment : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pack ... 1.00.1.PDF

I hope that english translation will be available quickly.

I am doing the first flights with the A318; I think that it will be ready for weekend.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the quick panel update 0,98, Francois!

Nevertheless I found a not-technical mini-bug in the FMC take-off menu page for Your attention:
There is no switch sound when a value will be changed and this new value to be fixed in the corresponding frame.
The switch sound in all other FMC menu pages work.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right, Wulf. I add missing "click" sounds.

Thanks

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Final version 0.99 available on Freenav website : http://freenavdbgroup.com/
go to download page

- Full aircraft pack 0.99 (with sounds, modules for FSX and P3D, effects, airport database and Install manual in english)
or
- Panel update 0.99 (with final Aircraft.cfg file) for those who have already the Aircraft.

There is a French user manual (you can use google Translation). English manual is not completed. I hope that it will be available as soon as possible.

1 new Airport (CYQT -Thunder bay - Canada) and 2 updates (EGCC and EDDW ).

I will upload before tonight, a A318 FD-FMC beta pack.

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

I hope the installation "Modules" folder will not be wrongly interpretated inside FSX/Modules. I remember we talked about....

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right. I will change folder name in the AVSIM final edition, when English user manual will be ready.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Beta A318 online (menu FD-FMC project --> Download ) with Lufthansa Livery (Author : Denis Minaev )
Sound pack is the V3 old one

Requires that you have already installed A320 FD-FMC, because A318 pack hasn't modules inside. It is just aircraft pack (55 Mo)
You have just to copy Aircraft folder in your \SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder, and copy the A318FD-FMC.cab file in your FSX\Gauges\ folder

This is the first adaptation test and data must be improved yet.

The goal is to check the owner A318 data :

- ASI minimum Speed bar
- Vapp calculation
- Optimal Flight level Calculation
- Take off and Climb Thrust
- Cost index calculation
- TOD calculation
- Pitch/speed control during FMC climb and descent
- Fuel Consumption
- Flare phase during autoland
- general flight dynamic model

Thanks

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Francois, in the A320 panel 0,99 take-off page the heading value is still in red although there is no complain, please see pic.
If the culprit can´t be solved, then I recommend to include this in the "known issue" chapter in the panel guideline. Other sim guys might be confused....

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I know. This phenomenon is after take off and is normal.

This is a programing trick that I found to avoid to write many lines of code. I set to "not valid" the runway heading, after take off to disconnect the RWY TRK mode and also avoid that during the flight, if you engage the HDG mode, to have take off Runway heading value as default value.

I think that it's not annoying, because this reading appears only after take off, when you engage the NAV mode.

TOGA ? You will wear your engines Wulf :D Your boss will ask you about your engines wear and fuel consumption !

;)