Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

wulfbindewald

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by wulfbindewald »

thanks for the A318 pack 0.99, Francois!
I wonder if there is missing a A318_CFM.CAB file in the SimObjects/Airplanes/PA A318FD-FMC/panel.A318CFM folder in the pack.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

no. File is in the pack, in "Gauges" folder and must be placed in the FSX\Gauges folder

Same thing for A320. A320FD-FMC.cab file must be placed in the FSX "Gauges" folder, because this part of the panel is common to CFM and IAE version.

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I am not speaking about the Gauges folder which contain for sure A318FD-FMC.cab.

Here a comparison from panel.A318CFM and panel.A320CFM from the panel folder included files.

In any case the VC is completly black w/o any gauge.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Excuse me ! I forgot A318_CFM.cab file !!!! :o :o :laugh: :laugh:

I will upload the complete pack tonight, when I will go home !

Sorry..........

If you have no texture in the VC, check if you have the "Texture" folder (it contains VC textures) and if in your Liveries folder, you have the file "texture.cfg" with the following lines :

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

You can copy the "Texture.cfg" file provided in the Lufthansa livery inside the pack, ion each Livery folder that you have.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

File is in the pack but not in the right folder.

A318_CFM.cab file is in "Model.cfm" folder.

You must move it to the "Panel.A318CFM" folder

Sorry for the convenience :oops: :oops:

I will upload nevertheless the pack tonight, but you have just to move this file and all will work fine

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

A318 panel file is now at the right place on freenav website

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

made a first trip with the A318 in NZ from NZWN Wellington to NZQN Queenstown with FMC ... 8-) , see pic. The NZQN STAR´s are well balanced.
There was no major panel issue found. It is a bit easier to fly A318 as the descent sinkrate tends to be higher and the TOD is well calculated.
Maybe during climb phase the A/C needs more time to balance the speed & sink rate.

TOD in A320 is defined tightly even when descending from higher altitude (yes, yes, yes acc. to real Airbus) but must be manually "improved" depending on the cruise FL, but this another story ;) .

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I also find the A320 slightly scurrying ahead of me during the descents. I have to use the speedbrakes at some point to help the plane slow to 250 KIAS right before passing 10000' / FL 10.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About A320, maybe the flight dynamics model lacks drag... I will check if I can improve something....

About A318, I need to do many test to find the right settings to get a good pitch/speed control during climb and descent. It is the first beta. ;)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

the current FMC according to the deadline description :
A320 FD-FMC is Beta 0,99 but surprisingly A318 FD-FMC is Beta 0,98. Intended?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I did an error in A318 version number. Panel is 0.99.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I started looking at adapting the panel on the PA A380.

2 solutions for VC:

Use VC FS9, but it is hungry FPS
Use VC A340 Tom Ruth (but you must agree) and I have to change the physical position of the VC

What do you think?

I did not hear from the person who was doing the French-English translation of the manual, so I'll do it with translation tools, but it would take at least an English translation reread the final to have turnings correct sentences.

I'll try to do that this weekend. So if an English has agreed to make the correction, thank you send me a PM.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A340? A380? My personal preference would be to complete the single aisle family at first, then to move to the A330 (the new one, which is in PA development). Then 4-engine A/C may be from interest, but please be aware that not every sim guy has a 4-engine throttle quadrant. The alternative for A/C flying and steering is to merge the 4 engines to 1 in the flight sim control, but for me a no-go. So I pefer to stay with a twin engine A/C to control both engines individually.

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Me too, I'd like see the adaptation to A330 first, but just because I like that bird. Of course the last word is yours!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok. there is less of work to adapt at a 2 engines (4 engines require many code changes for Start, fuel pump, bleeds, X-Feed, X-bleed, hydraulics....).

Have you do some test flights with A318 ? Pitch control and speed control is ok ?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, for some reason, the A320 and A318 gauges do not appear in my FSX. I have set everything correctly (I guess). I'll post some images later on the day.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

What changes have you do ?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I don't know. I simply made the changes to get the latest A320 FD-FMC version and now this doesn't work. Oh, and I had to use the repair function of the FSX DVD. Perhaps it's done something to my A320 gauges.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi The320Pilot,

- FSX/Gauges folder is ok with the A318FD-FMC.cab and A320FD-FMC.cab files.
- In the panel.A320CFM folder you should maintain the A320_CFM.cab and DELETE the A320FD-FMC.cab file (this file is already correctly placed in the Gauges folder).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Check your Aircraft.cfg file if the "Panel" declaration in [FltsimXX] sections are right (Panel=A320CFM and panel=A320IAE)

Delete A320FD-FMC.cab of your panel folder. It must be only in Gauges folder.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have already complete 18 pages of the english translation.

is there an English man to read and check the translation ?

Please, help me.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

It remains a bug with the TAWS (Radar terrain). Radar is not refreshed (exept if you change ND zoom level). I search a solution....

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois,

I can try to help you with the translation and proofreading. You have my email, send it just there.

"Two pairs of eyes are better than one".

Thomas

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:I have already complete 18 pages of the english translation.

is there an English man to read and check the translation ?

Please, help me.
Send it to me if you wish. I can proofread it. You already have my email (do you remember SKCL?).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

thanks guys !

Aircraft problem solved Carlos ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You can download DOCX with page 1 to 19 here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A320%20F ... o%2019.zip

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:thanks guys !

Aircraft problem solved Carlos ?
Haven't got time to check if the A320 works correctly. I'll tell you later. ;)

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi..
I've just added the: Airbus A318 FD-FMC Version - based on Project Airbus A318 aircraft
Version : beta 0.99

May,30 2012
To my FSX..Very nice too..However, when I launched it..I got a large batch of red text on in the top left of my display..Any ideas please as to what it is and how to get rid of it...?Great work here BTW..
Thanks
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

This my debug gauge.

To disable --> open panel.cfg file and in the [Window00] section, write 2 "/" character at the beginning of the gauge 20 line as follow :

//gauge20=A318FD-FMC!Debug, 1,1,600,200

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Great stuff Francois..Done the trick..
Thanks ..

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

exemplary A320 IAE panel 0,99 - w/o flightplan+FMC, pure manual steering:
during flight after going from normal mode --> slew mode --> normal mode the left engine cuts off automatically :o and the right engine remains on :P . Anything to consider to prevent this? Bug?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I never use "Slew" mode. I don't know how it works and what are the effect in the sim and sim data.

Can you tell me the utility of the "slew" mode ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Slew mode, included in FSX default: The slew mode enables to quickly move the aircraft in any direction.

How to use: Press Y key on the key board. Then You should be able to move the aircraft with the yoke/joystick or with the key board commands Q (upwards) and Z (downwards). Press Y key again and the slew mode is terminated. Tip: When the aircraft is in slew mode and on air, then move the aircraft back to the ground in slew mode. Otherwise risk to crash.

Benefit: This is usefull to check scenery issues, ILS path probs (made one pic a couple of months ago here), to move and locate the aircraft to make pics in the right position or to quickly change the rwy end position for take off.

Requirement: To continue the flight manually w/o a prob after terminating the slew mode.

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote: Aircraft problem solved Carlos ?
Francois, it turned out that after I used the repair function of the FSX DVD to fix two corrupted DLLs, api.dll & weather.dll, it deleted the SP1 and SP2. I reinstalled them and the gauges now work correctly.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good !

I think that I found error in the Terrain radar refreshed code. I am doing some tests.

Note : If you popup ND, TAWS (terrain Radar) may not be displayed properly (beause in this case, there is 2 handles of the map, and that's occurs a conflict).

I am very busy, and I havn't yet look at the Slew mode problem.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I recently did a flight to SKCL and the arc on MANGA7 STAR doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'll check it out and tell Francois to update the files for the airport.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok !

I will try to upload panel update (A320 and A318) with some bugs fixed, this evening or tomorrow in the morning

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Ok !

I will try to upload panel update (A320 and A318) with some bugs fixed, this evening or tomorrow in the morning
Please tell me you will then work on the A319 and A321. :D

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

(Sidenote)

Francois, looking around for a way to disable one of the EICAS on the default FSX 737-800 VC, I found one post of yours on the fsdeveloper forum asking about how to fix the default FSX A321 PFD and ND positions for the F/O.

(End of sidenote)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Ok !

Please tell me you will then work on the A319 and A321. :D
I'm a little sick right now. The work advance slower. Before begin A319 and A321, panel must be ok, without big errors, because I cannot work on 4 aircrafts at the same time. Too many files to manage; It is impossible...
The320Pilot wrote:(Sidenote)

Francois, looking around for a way to disable one of the EICAS on the default FSX 737-800 VC, I found one post of yours on the fsdeveloper forum asking about how to fix the default FSX A321 PFD and ND positions for the F/O.

(End of sidenote)
Yes, I edited the A321 MDL file with an hexadecimal software (this is the reason why it is mandatory to use the A321_interior.mdl file provided in the pack), to activate the PLN position of the ND mode knob (missed by microsoft).

But if you want totally disable or use another ECAM, it is better to change the gauge declaration in the panel.cfg.

What do you want to do ?

I did some small changes on the default B737 panel, for Steeve. I added TCAS and improved aiport and navaids displaying, but I did these changes very quickly ( 1 hours of work only); It is not the same quality as the A320FD-FMC (low resolution for B737, because I not change bitmaps)

You can donwload here B737 panel with these small improvements : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/B737_800.cab

Edit : I hope that before end of the year, I will have the time to work on the B747, because this is my prefered aircraft (I must contact Alejandro Rojas for his improved VC).

Since I was young, I love 747

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Panel updates (version 0.99a) for A320 and A318.

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

TAWS (ND's radar Terrain) has a new refresh code. It seems that it work, but you must check on your PC, because, code use several gauge cycle, and result can change, according CPU power.

Wulf, no solution at this time with slew mode. It seems that some L:Vars are reseted to 0 when you toggle in slew mode.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Current use A320 panel 0,99A.
There is one anomaly with respect to terrain display in the ND since a longer time, but I did not mentioned it in the past as it is not a FMC problem: The terrain is well displayed in the FMC window but not in the ND, where the water and terrain is only displayed in blue and black, please see pic.
Any idea if this has to do with the OS? May be others have different experience?

Wulf

My computer spec: Win 7 64bit, CPU Intel I7, GPU NVidia GTX980, FSX SP1+2 in DX10 with the payware DX10 scenery fixer

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:Current use A320 panel 0,99A.
There is one anomaly with respect to terrain display in the ND since a longer time, but I did not mentioned it in the past as it is not a FMC problem: The terrain is well displayed in the FMC window but not in the ND, where the water and terrain is only displayed in blue and black, please see pic.
Any idea if this has to do with the OS? May be others have different experience?

Wulf

My computer spec: Win 7 64bit, CPU Intel I7, GPU NVidia GTX980, FSX SP1+2 in DX10 with the payware DX10 scenery fixer
Same thing happens for me.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No error. TAWS is not enabled when aircraft is on ground. You must be airborne, because all should be red.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Now airborne. ND does not display coloured terrain. Is this ok?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes.

Yellow color is when terrain is between 1000 and 2000 ft below you.
Red color is when terrain is less than 1000ft or above you.

If you are more than 2000ft above terrain, terrain is not displayed.

TAWS is only a ground proximity alert system, which display somthing if there is a danger.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Yellow color is when terrain is between 1000 and 2000 ft below you.
Red color is when terrain is less than 1000ft or above you.
If you are more than 2000ft above terrain, terrain is not displayed.

TAWS is only a ground proximity alert system, which display somthing if there is a danger.
Thanks for clarification, Francois!
TAWS: herewith to confirm that the ground proximity alert height works fine: red, yellow and black :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

15$ for a TAWS ! http://www.dbsim.com/

:D

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I don't have problems with TAWS. What I found from several versions ago is this bug.
When I make a bank arriving to +/-30° inclination I encounter the overbank resctriction, fine. But I'm not able to came back (to levelled) for many seconds! Looking at FCTL page in ECAM2, I can see the L/R ailerons position stay stopped when I reach the bank restriction: moving the joystick to the other side they still are stopped or move randomly very quickly. After many seconds they move to the right position as the joystick position did. This happens in WinXP compatibility mode, or Win8. Also with the three FLT buttons On or Off, it doesn't matter.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok, I will check the flight protection system.

I agree that code is very basic