Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

wulfbindewald

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Wulf, I think that an A320 do not flights with a cruise level below 6000 feet !

I think there is a misunderstanding. I´m speaking of a delta FL, not cruise FL e.g STAR entry 16000ft + 6000ft delta FL = 22000ft cruise FL.
Your overall TOD distance calcs are based to add the distances between "TOD to STAR entry waypoint (delta FL)" and "STAR entry point up to RWY (sum leg distances)".

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ah, ok !

But this case must be rare. I think that in real life, in the most case, A320 cruises at more than FL250 (trip > 250 Nm) so delta > 10000 feet.

I think that is not very important If formula is not perfect when Delta<6000 feet, because this case will be extremely rare. Isn't it ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Panel update (CFM only) 0.99e : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... 20only.zip

- Fix the gradient value error when you start a new flight.

If you have panel 0.99d, you can update only the A320FD-FMC.cab file located in the "gauges" folder.

Thanks Wulf !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Think that after the last panel changes, I must do all these changes in the IAE version, so few hours of work. I would like finish and upload the project. ;)

Edit next airports, this weekend will be :
- NZCH Christchurch New Zealand (Orbx ok)
- VNKT Khatmandu Nepal

And I hope official A320 FD-FMC !

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Ah, ok !

But this case must be rare. I think that in real life, in the most case, A320 cruises at more than FL250 (trip > 250 Nm) so delta > 10000 feet.

I think that is not very important If formula is not perfect when Delta<6000 feet, because this case will be extremely rare. Isn't it ?
Well, here in Colombia we have a case of a very short flight with a low flight level. Avianca (and I think that LAN Colombia, too) operates SKPE-SKBO FL210 and SKBO-SKPE FL200/220 with A318, A319 and A320.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that the actual TOD calculation will work with FL close to FL200, even if end of STAR/descent is 5000 feet above (mountains), because at FL200, aircraft descent quickly.

Problem may appears when aircraft flies at very low altitude (below 10000 feet), because descent is slower at this level.

I think that I can prepare the final package.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:I think that the actual TOD calculation will work with FL close to FL200, even if end of STAR/descent is 5000 feet above (mountains), because at FL200, aircraft descent quickly.

Problem may appears when aircraft flies at very low altitude (below 10000 feet), because descent is slower at this level.
IMHO a sim user is more interested in short to medium hops from 1/2h up to 1h flights with consequently lower cruise FL.
fdd_fr wrote: I think that I can prepare the final package.
8-)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, normally I have flights between 1 and 2-3 hours of simulated flight (using 4x acceleration once at cruise level). So I like fly above FL300.

I have a question about RNAV landing. I put RNAV 22R for Nice's airport. FMC displayed -3°, fine. But the A/P was keeping me at 1250ft until the last wpy.... So in order to land I put Altitude to 0 and I landed..... but for sure is not the right procedure! Could you please explain me the procedure for RNAV landings? Thanks!
I have the .99e version

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Your landing was right. In RNAV procedure, the DH (decision altitude) is a minimum altitude which you have to switch in manual control.

With RNAV approach, DA is often close of 500 to 1500 feet above the runway elevation; So, when you are in managed mode, when you pass the last waypoint before runway threshold, Altitude stay at DH, and switch in selected mode. You have two solution :
- disconnect autopilot and finish by hand
- Switch in FPA mode, select by hand an lower altitude and continue to land to later as possible (unrealistic procedure)

With VOR or NDB approach, DH is between 700 and 2000 feet above runway.
With LOC approach, DH is between 200 and 500 feet above runway
With ILS approach, DH/DA is between 100 et 300 feet.

Autoland is actually permitted by the panel only for ILS and LOC approaches.

Actually, you can change DH/DA on the PFD (click on reading). But no effect on the real DA management. In next panel, User selected DH/DA will can be used to force the FCU minimum altitude on final.

I am uploading Aircraft Pack on AVSILM library. I hope that I haven't forget a file !!

You can download 2 new airports on freenavdbgroup website :
- VNKT Kathmandu NEPAL
- NZCH Christchurch New Zealand

New AIRAC file : 09262015.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

FullAircraft full Pack will be available on AVSIM tomorrow (must wait validation).

For those who have already the Aircraft pack 0.99, you can download the final panel v1.00 here :
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

User manual in english and french are available so on this page.

This panel include .AIR files and AIRCRAFT.CFG files updated with last flight dynamics changes.

Good flight

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the A320 panel release 1.0, Francois.

This panel is a milestone for us sim users and I have appreciated to have accompanied this outstanding project for nearly 2 years.
I´m flying now (not testing ;) ) both A320 engine versions...

Today I have counted worldwide 131 airports (SID/STAR/approach definition) in the latest airport pack release from 26.09.2015 and this is not the end.... Thanks to you and the freenav.db group for the persistence and effort.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thank you very much to you, Wulf, A320pilot and all members who help me in this project !

Many thanks

I create a new thread to anounce the release version

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Working on a new airport: Bogotá-Eldorado Intl. (BOG / SKBO). It should be ready by the end of this year. (Please take into account I'm currently studying, so bear with me.) It's the 28th highest airport in the world, and it's located in Colombia at an elevation of 8360 ft. It has an interesting VOR Circle-to-land approach into runways 31L and 31R that is usually used between January and March due to the winds and terrain SE of the airport. Most of the rest of the year, ILS 13L and ILS 13R are in use.

The320Pilot.

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Francois, I was only wondering where I could get the a330 fd fmc, if it is out. I would also like to thank you so much for your amazing work, your aircraft is even better than some payware out there! I also found a way to put any livery for a318 and a320, so I can fly all my fav. airlines!!

Thx so much!

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Additionally, do you know when the a319/a321 fd fmc will become available??

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Take tour time TheA320Pilot !

Thanks a320_flyer.

About FD-FMC, roadmap is :
- A318 : Release mid-october (beta test completed, gauges ready at 99%)
- A321 : All must be done; beta test will start mid october. I think one or two month to achieve test, so release for end 2015
- A319 : All must be done: beta test from early 2016.....release february 2016...I hope
- A380 : Many work : 4 engines, heavy...many code to change, adapt, create..... and VC choice (PA FS9 VC.... or.... Tom Ruth's FSX A340 VC (authorization required). All the gauges must be rewrites....I think 1 year of work !!!
- A330/A340.....It seems that project is in standby.......

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Excellent roadmap. Why not Tom Ruth's A330? If the PA's A330 is in standby it could be a good choice

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I hope that time used to complete A318/A319/A321 , PA A330 3D model VC will be completed ;)

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Ok, thank you very much Francois, I was hoping to transfer the a321 special version 3 textures over to the a321 fd fmc when it was finished since I enjoyed them very much!! :)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A320 panel V1.00: Just to remind that after take off the letter colour turns from green to red (?) during climb.
Fortunately there is no further negative impact during climb...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I know.

For a reason that is too long to explain, I must disable the runway heading after takeoff; This required by the gauge to avoid bug.

So, this is the reason why reading becomes red. But don't worry, no problem or no error. Just an easy programming tips which avoid to me to write a dozen of lines of code ;)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

PAKT Ketchikan 4.00: May I ask to "correct" the approach RWY29 from the northbound STAR.
I propose to modify the existing Northbound STAR for RWY11-29 to RWY11 only and to add a new northbound STAR for RWY29 including the modification acc. to fltpln.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Wulf,

Yes, I can do it, but not this weekend, because many things to do.

Can you write list of waypoints that you want, to be sure that I understand what you want ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi Wulf,

Can you write list of waypoints that you want, to be sure that I understand what you want ?
To PAKT in my opinion no additional waypoints nec. Only to define the RNAV STAR entry with the given waypoint DWARF followed by GIRTS (=STAR exit?). Do you think another intermediate waypoint is necessary beween DWARF and GIRTS? The altitude does not significantly change may be the speed can be reduced on an intermediate waypoint.

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Hi Francois, I just wanted to ask you how I could get the Sid/Stars to work and the fmc. I followed all of your installation steps but when you say to go into the Appdata/Fsx folder to define the XMLtools I do not even have an FSX folder. I think this is why only part of the fmc works.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

XMLtools declaration: There is a path description in the engl. manual in chapter 8.1.1:

.... If you have Windows XP , dll.xml file is located in the following folder :
C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

If you have Windows Vista or Seven , dll.xml is located in the following folder :
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

Before to do any change on this file, do a backup of the original file ! ......

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Thank you so much.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Hi Wulf,

To PAKT in my opinion no additional waypoints nec. Only to define the RNAV STAR entry with the given waypoint DWARF followed by GIRTS (=STAR exit?). Do you think another intermediate waypoint is necessary beween DWARF and GIRTS? The altitude does not significantly change may be the speed can be reduced on an intermediate waypoint.
Ok Wulf, I will do it next weekend.

I am working on VRMM - Male Maldive and I want to complete it today to post other airports realized by members.

The most STAR of VRMM ending by an ARC-DME (more than 40 STAR), so many procedure to encode and I am testing :

There will be today also :
-EDDL - Dusseldorf
- LMML - Malta

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Too bad your aircraft does not come with an auto installer ;) !! Congratulations and great work none the less Francois!!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

:D

I have begin to write an installer in VB6; But not enough time to finish !

Good flight

Wulf,

I added RNAV STAR and approach, direct from DWARF to runway 29. You can donwload PAKT 4.01.

a320_flyer

Post by a320_flyer »

Ok, will be on the lookout for when that comes out. Thanks so much!!

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Sometimes happens that ECOM does'nt recognize that I'm taking off. It still says "Taxi" even if I turned on landing lights and off taxi lights, on the runway.
Where i'm wrong? Thx

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Wulf,

I added RNAV STAR and approach, direct from DWARF to runway 29. You can donwload PAKT 4.01.
Thanks, Francois. Just downloaded PAKT 4.01 from the alphabetical airport archive, because it was not included in the airport pack 10042015.zip. Just tested and it works fine.

A further missing STAR discovered in PAKT, when arriving from the northbound and to capture the ILS or LOC/DME Y RWY11, STAR entry DOOZI and STAR exit (VUSCU) acc. to fltplan. I think there is no further need for a STAR entry for RWY11 approach via ANN for the northbound.

Aleee

Post by Aleee »

Hi guys.. I have a problem: why when I try to show fmc, it flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second disappearing?? I cannot see it...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:Sometimes happens that ECOM does'nt recognize that I'm taking off. It still says "Taxi" even if I turned on landing lights and off taxi lights, on the runway.
Where i'm wrong? Thx
Check with ECAM memo readings during phase from statup to takeoff.

Check if you have enter a runway ID in the Takeoff page, and runway heading.

So, requires also takeoff thrust setting...

If you want, I can post the list of condition of each phase...
Aleee wrote:Hi guys.. I have a problem: why when I try to show fmc, it flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second disappearing?? I cannot see it...
FSX version you have ?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi François, ok probably I was missing the runway ID. If is not a big bothering for you, yes please post the list so I could check!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I checked. Memo works only if FMC is used and all cell filled (you can check on the lower ECAM, by activating checklist).

But without FMC, memos will not never works properly, because I cannot to know in which flight phase aircraft is.

I will add on the panel update version, the possibility to increse/decrese memo page, when you fly without FMC to avoid this problem (or memo desactivation).

Aleee

Post by Aleee »

fdd_fr wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Sometimes happens that ECOM does'nt recognize that I'm taking off. It still says "Taxi" even if I turned on landing lights and off taxi lights, on the runway.
Where i'm wrong? Thx
Check with ECAM memo readings during phase from statup to takeoff.

Check if you have enter a runway ID in the Takeoff page, and runway heading.

So, requires also takeoff thrust setting...

If you want, I can post the list of condition of each phase...
Aleee wrote:Hi guys.. I have a problem: why when I try to show fmc, it flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second disappearing?? I cannot see it...
FSX version you have ?
I fix them!! I forgot to put the gauge in the gauge folder! But I have another problem.. My airplane goes up and down.. For 10 seconds it climbs and for 10 seconds it descents and so on..
Thanks!!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Aleee wrote:
I fix them!! I forgot to put the gauge in the gauge folder! But I have another problem.. My airplane goes up and down.. For 10 seconds it climbs and for 10 seconds it descents and so on..
Thanks!!
- Check your framerate. Gauge works fine only if you have 15FPS or more.

- Please : No time acceleration during climb or descent.

- Have you used Aircraft.cfg and AIR file provided in the pack ?

- Have you change aircraft load (passenger or fuel) ? Gravity center must be checked.

- Engines have constant thrust ? if not, check your joystick (potentiometer problem).

Thanks for your report

Aleee

Post by Aleee »

fdd_fr wrote:
Aleee wrote:
Thanks!!
- Check your framerate. Gauge works fine only if you have 15FPS or more.

- Please : No time acceleration during climb or descent.

- Have you used Aircraft.cfg and AIR file provided in the pack ?

- Have you change aircraft load (passenger or fuel) ? Gravity center must be checked.

- Engines have constant thrust ? if not, check your joystick (potentiometer problem).

Thanks for your report
Well..

_No time acceleration
_my FPS in stable at 30
_I use config and .air of the pack
_no changes in payload
_engines have constant thrust.. Indeed, I'll tell you more: I can't engage autothrottle.. I push both the ath button and the selector, but it doesn't work..

Thanks!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Never had this bug (about auto-throttle).

The only thing which disable A/THR is pitot icing, but there is a sound alarm .

Have you think that Autopilot is not like default FSX aircraft ? Here, this is like a real AIRBUS autopilot. Knobs have 3 positions. they are push-pull, and return always on neutral position. So, to engage A/THR, you have to pull the speed knob (right click) or push (left click) if FMC managed or to disconnect SPEED mode if FMC is disabled).

Take a scrrenshot of your PFD when you have the problem, or save your flight. When you save your flight, FMC create a data file that is like a black box (a file named with the fpln name + "FMCdatasave.csv", located in the FSX flight plan files directory).
Post the content of this file here (you can open it with notepad or Excel).

Thanks

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: When you save your flight, FMC create a data file that is like a black box (a file named with the fpln name + "FMCdatasave.csv", located in the FSX flight plan files directory).
After saving a flight including a flightplan I do not find the file "...fltplan...+FMCdatabase.csv" in the corresponding folder on my WIN7 PC.
I tripple checked the content and data path from the FMC_Path.ini file which is located in the FDD_FMC folder (FMC_Path.ini content is C:\\Benutzer\\Wolf\\Eigene Dokumente\\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\\), but no success. All other normal FSX flightplans are located in this folder as awaited.
Any idea?

Wulf
P.S. the user name Wolf above is correct (for my PC)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Very curious.

DLL is correctly installed, because your FMC can read SID and STAR.

Note : FMC data file is deleted by the gauge when you land (with all flights files, to avoid conflict if you fly with same departure and destination later).

If you have not land, try to reload your flight; If all is ok (FMC recorvery its setting) the file exists.

If file doesn't exist, you cannot load a saved flight (you can, but FMC will not work).

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I saved my flight during cruise/flight, not after landing. There was definetly no ....csv file saved lateron into the FSX flightplan folder.
When I load the saved flight a GPS_engine error appears and the flight starts w/o FMC as you mentioned.

Could this be due to my WIN7 PC? Further ideas?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I havn't Win 7 and I don't know how it works .(I keep my XP 32 special version) Maybe there is a protection, or rights required to authorize a software to write in this folder... (administrator mode ?).

The folder is the same where FSX saves its flight plan (.PLN files)

If your path in FD_FMC.ini is correct, this is a Win 7 problem. Not a gauge problem.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Check if the FSX ".PLN" file has been updated with your SID/STAR waypoints....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The .PLN content (xml similar format) shows flightplan relevant data from departure and destination, please see my PLN content from KSTS ;) to KMRY.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

THis the original file by FSX. Not modified by the gauge. If you loaded a STAR at KMRY, it has not been saved and the PLN file has not been overwrited.
It would be do

THe gauge does'nt fail, because FMC read airport data. This is a "write" problem

Only 2 ways to search :

- Path declered in FD_FMC.ini
- Right managment in Win 7; Switch in administrator mode

I hope that someone who have win 7, with the same experience and a solution see your post...

I will post in 2 hours, an sample of the FMC backup data file.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 07 Oct 2015, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I can send you by mail in 2 hours, KSTS csv files, if you are ok to test airport.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I posted your problem on Pilote-virtuel, because many members of this forum, who help me to debug, have Win 7. I hope to get a quick answer.