Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

OK, I will do LIMJ.... ;)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:OK, I will do LIMJ.... ;)
wulfbindewald wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Thanks! By the way.. also Genova LIMJ? It's difficult due to crosswind
Here a pic with wind statistics - mostly crosswind from the NE.
BTW windfinder.com is a very helpfull website for worldwide wind forecasts, actual wind and statistics.

Thank! As I use FSrealWX it could be a challenge land there some days

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I also use FSRealWX; it's the best freeware payware-quality weather engine I've ever used!

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi

If I may I would like to ask for LPFR charts for FD_FMC.

Thanks in advance

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You want only charts, or FMC data files ?

If you want only charts, you can download them here : http://opennav.com/airport/LPFR

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I still have issues with ailerons when I reach the roll limit of 30 degrees. Ailerons do not respond to opposite stick input and I continue to circle for many and many seconds without ailerons control. Later misteriously i can level the flight and all is fine This happens in A320 and A318, with or without fbw computers (three left buttons) on or off.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks for report Prosdocimo. Unfortunately, I just uploaded the panel update 1.11, so I will fix this bug for the next update. I am sorry....
Maybe a buffer problem with joystick input. I will find a solution to reset joystick buffer...

So, A320 panel update v1.11 is available : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=887
Some new features was already on the A318 beta, but there are some new features.

What's new with this update :
- New LOC Backcourse approach mode, when available on airport :Backcourse mode allows to use ILS signal of the opposite runway to get a Localizer guidance to land. (e.g KRDD Redding, Rwy 16 approach).
- Approach Gradient data for each leg of an approach can be included in approach data file, and used by FD-FMC
- In previous version, ILS scale appeared as soon as a LOC approach loaded; Now, with v1.11, ILS scale appears as soon as you are in approach : bug fixed
- When you renounced to take-off, all callout and some take data was lost. Now, after a « reject take-off », all system are reset.
- You can now use VFR flight plan; FD-FMC is able to save VFR flight plan : bug fixed
- Airport information page (Departure and arrival) display now runways from 3000 feet and more. Previous version displayed runways 4000 feet and longer.
- Cruise mode had a bug : When you selected a flight level lower than actual, above the crossover altitude (mach mode) IAS value was not updated during the descent to the new flight level : bug fixed.
- New feature to display SID and STAR index, with the possibility to have skip lines for more clarity (Thank you Wulf for this excellent idea !)
- New background bitmaps for displays, when aircraft is cold and dark
- XML code improved for better performance

New Approach gradient management :

New possibility to skip lines in SID or STAR list (this feature comes from Wulf )

7 new airports :
- EGAA – Belfast Aldergrove – United Kingdom – By Jean-Pierre Varnier
- FACT – Cape Town – South Africa – By Georges
- KACV – Arcata/Eureka – USA (California) – By Wulf Bindewald
- KMFR – Roghe Valley/Medford – USA (Oregon) – By Wulf Bindewald
- KSAN – San Diego – USA (California) – By francois Dore
- LDZA – Zagrb/Plezo – Croatia – By Philippe Bronier
- LKPR – Praha – Czech Republic – By Philippe Bronier

Updates :
- KASE – Add gradient data in approach file (requires panel 1.11)
- NTAA – Fix some errors in STAR data
- VNKT – Add gradient data in approaches files (requires panel 1.11)

New AIRAC file : 11282015

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi I still have issues with ailerons when I reach the roll limit of 30 degrees. Ailerons do not respond to opposite stick input and I continue to circle for many and many seconds without ailerons control. Later misteriously i can level the flight and all is fine This happens in A320 and A318, with or without fbw computers (three left buttons) on or off.
Hmm, seems strange. I don't have any issues with the A320 ailerons.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Thanks for report Prosdocimo. Unfortunately, I just uploaded the panel update 1.11, so I will fix this bug for the next update. I am sorry....
Maybe a buffer problem with joystick input. I will find a solution to reset joystick buffer...

So, A320 panel update v1.11 is available : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=887
(...)
Francois, in the updated v1.11, the Readme file says you provided an improved aircraft.cfg, and I couldn't find it! I think you forgot to add it to the .zip file.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right. But I will update the file in 5mn.

Thanks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Hi I still have issues with ailerons when I reach the roll limit of 30 degrees. Ailerons do not respond to opposite stick input and I continue to circle for many and many seconds without ailerons control. Later misteriously i can level the flight and all is fine This happens in A320 and A318, with or without fbw computers (three left buttons) on or off.
Hmm, seems strange. I don't have any issues with the A320 ailerons.

Maybe depend of the joystick buffer management.... I will check this afternoon

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:You are right. But I will update the file in 5mn.

Thanks
You just wrote that now it is possible to with the descent angle in the approach data, but where exactly? In the original templates, there is no column for the descent angle.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Aircraft.cfg files added.

I will update in some hours, the Airport creation manual, with the new fetures (Approaches gradient, skipline in lSID/STAR list, LOC/LDA backcourse mode) and I will join a new EXCEL workbook file.

To add a gradient in appraoch data (when gradient is not standard - 3°) you have just to set the procedure column to 4 and write the gradient value in the "Opposite Leg HDG/Ident VOR" column.
See screenshot below (but I will update manual and Excel file this afternoon) :

Value must be write in decimal degrees, and without sign.

You can have different value for each waypoint according chart, even for the last waypoint, the runway threshold. In this case (runway threshold), in the CSV file, the line ending with only 1 comma and not 4 commas

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks for update! It's so rich that who knows what we will see in your future updates..! :o

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi,

LPFR FMC data files please.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, please I don't understand this feature:

- New feature to display SID and STAR index, with the possibility to have skip lines for more clarity (Thank you Wulf for this excellent idea !)

Thx!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, please I don't understand this feature:

Thx!
See, there is a blank line between the SIDs for runway 09 and the ones for runway 27.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The blank line feature for the SID and STAR listings in the main FMC page must be manually included from the airport creator (on the preferred location) in the corresponding airport data base before. This is not an automatic visualization of skipped line e.g. between 2 blocs of runway.
In other words if you load an older airport you will not recognize a blank line.

I think Francois will describe this in the upcoming manual update.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Sorry, I was not clear, I agree. Blank line sperator must be added in Airport CSV files. So, blank lines must be added in airports files to get new displaying; but the job is very easy to do.

I am working on the updated airport manual with these new features....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I updated (v4.11) English Airport creation toolkit; You can download it here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=397

What's new :
- EXCEL workbook updated with new gradient feature
- Airport creation files manual updated : New features are highlighted in yellow in the manual
- fix some XML files

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:Thanks! By the way.. also Genova LIMJ? It's difficult due to crosswind

Do you use a special addon scenery for LIMJ ?

Because default FSX airport has old Rwy name (11-29).

Today, actual runway is 10-28.

So I can do 2 versions of the airport....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi thanks. I use default FSX so old rwy is fine

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok. I think that I will send to you , LIMJ files, tomorrow. If you can test ....

Send me your email by MP.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Ok thanks!

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

fdd_fr wrote:You want only charts, or FMC data files ?

If you want only charts, you can download them here : http://opennav.com/airport/LPFR

Learning to use this forum.

I just would like LPFR FMC data files.

Thank you in advance.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. I will do LPFR, next week

Francois

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

A question on back course feature. Need I to select the approach to the rwy in which I want to land, and FMC automatically makes me following the back course ILS when I turn it ON on approach page?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About LOC back course :

LOC back Course is available on many Airports. It allow to use ILS transmitter of a runway, to land in LOC mode on the opposite runway when this runway has no ILS or LOC.

FMC use LOC backcourse mode since beta version, to take-off in RWY mode (if you activate the function in the Take-off page)
Since version 1.11, FMC can use LOC back course to land.

Exemple with KRDD :
Runway of KRDD is 16-34. Only runway 34 has an ILS. But this ILS can be use as a Localizer (only LOC, no Glide/Slope) to land runway 16. Aircraft ILS's gauge must switch in a particular mode called LOC back course.
KRDD is in the freenavDBgroup database, so when you load Runway 16 LOC approach, FMC switch automatically in back course mode.

All the ILS cannot work on Back course mode. But you can check with ADE (Airport Design Editor) if an ILS is available in back course mode (check ILS properties in ADE).

If airport is not in the database, or if approach files havn't BC LOC approach, you can set by hand in the FMC. Enter the ILS of the opposite runway in Radio NAV 1, and activate the BC mode in FMC approach page.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

fdd_fr wrote:ok. I will do LPFR, next week

Francois

Hi Francois,

I´ll be waiting.

Thank you so much.
João

gkokkis

Post by gkokkis »

Hello Francois,

I have been following your work for a long time and I am very grateful for all that we offer you and without charge!
If you allow me a few comments and questions.

• In earlier versions of your panel position high in the automatic brake was available only in takeoff mode. Now I see that it can be selected before landing. What is right and what is close to reality?

• In the final landing phase (20 feet off the ground) by pulling back the throttles the autothrottle is not switched off and needs one more act in difficult time of flight. It is possible to turn automatic off the autothrottle by pulling back the throttles as is the Autoland?

• I never hear the warning about 2500 feet only from 1000 onwards.

• In LOC approach never could be synchronized with localizer ... (NAV mode)

Thank you in advance for your answers and excellent job.

The translation was made from Greek into English with Google translate and I hope to be understood.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I don't know in real airbus, but sometimes happened to me to disconnect manually A/THR in order to land properly.
Maybe could be possible disconnect it at idle (or any idle value between 0% and 0.1%) and add an "A/THR OFF" alert in amber on ECAM. In other words, a/thr moves thrust to almost idle (0.1% or so) during landing, but if the player pulls back the throttle to idle (0.0%) a/thr will disconnect

gkokkis

Post by gkokkis »

Thanks for your quick reply Prosdocimo.
This is exactly what I mean.
Most video that I've seen in YouTube the landing is done manually but with the a/thr enabled.
Of course there is always the possibility disconnect earlier the a/thr.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello gkokkis,

Thanks for your interest !

About your questions :

Autobrake:
Autobrake system has no change since the first beta version. During Take-off, you can select only HIGH postion to arm the "reject take-off" feature (RTO position). If you set your throttle to idle during take off rolling, brakes are set to max (and spoilers extend automatically if aircraft is higher than 60 kts ).
Before landing, you can select LOW, MED or HIGH.
Autobrake logic (and SFCC flaps logic) require that the aircraft go higher than 3000 ft and flaps to 0 to work properly during the flight.
So, if you take-off and land immediately, sorry, but bugs expected because gauge code cannot init correctly these 2 functions.

Autoland:
During an autoland (ILS or LOC mode), A/THR is disconnected automatically by the autoland gauge from 40 feet for A320 (30ft for A318). I don't understand why that doesn't work on your computer. For me, all works fine. If other users can report this feature ?...

2500ft Callout:
I think that it work for me. But not sure, I must check and I will come back to you.
If someone, an english man, can record new callout (because I find that actual are not with an english sound), That should be good !

LOC approach:
LOC approach works perfectly for me. But think you must use the LOC button and not the APPR button for a LOC approach (ILS button must be active),
Some feedback from other user is welcome....

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Autoland: works as expected and described above.
Manual landing: A/THR must be manually disconnected at first and the callout "retard" defines the point of retraction.

2500ft Callout: Never heard this callout. Under which flight condition will this callout be activated? (CA_2500FT.wav resides in folder FSX/Sound/CALLOUT_FD)

gkokkis

Post by gkokkis »

Hello Francois,

Thank you for the amazing and fast support

I think poor translation is responsible for that were not understood some of my questions. :(
Autoland, LOC, VOR approach and everything else on your panel works great on my computer at airports included in FD_FMC when I selected STAR and approach.
At airports not included in your database (FD_FMC) and instructions from the ATC cannot be synchronized in VOR frequency and specific course.
Example: Airport LGTS, VOR 110.8, course 343, (VOR approach in runway 34) all selected on the aircraft instruments, but nothing happens and the aircraft continues its path selected in the HDG mode (LOC button and NAV mode is also enabled)
The same procedure in all other default aircraft works fine.

Manual landing: I mean something like this example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3B8Qq1niY

At 2:40, the pilot turns off the autopilot, but not the a / thr until you hear "twenty retard"
The same happens in many other videos I've seen. Of course in some other the pilot disengages the a/thr earlier.
I think the Prosdocimo explains it much better in the above post
PS
Thessaloniki Airport (LGTS) is my favorite (second largest in Greece) and I would be happy if sometime uploads in the database.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok, I understand now.

I cannot answer immediately because the "VOR" code section of the gauge has been written a long time ago and peharps there is bug now with function added in the FMC week after week. So have you set your CRS knob to "lock" the VOR (switch ND in VOR mode to set CRS) ?

I will do a flight test this evenning with VOR...

About A/THR function, I see what you mean. THis is a FSX limitation of the AP SPEED mode. When A/THR is in SPEED mode, FSX disable the throttles. So, I cannot detect in my code that you pull throttle back while A/THR is ON in SPEED or MACH mode. Joystick Throttles levers don't send data to the SIM under A/THR.

I have a solution, but require that change the "Model part" code before compile the 3D model in of the Virtual Cockpit in MDL file. But you cannot change the code a existing Virtual cockpit.

So, with FD-FMC, throttles keep active under A/THR only during CLB, OP CLB, DES, OP DES mode and during take off, because I wrote my own A/THR code (in N1 mode).

But during landing, I use the default FSX SPEED mode A/THR which rules a coded in the MDL file, and it not allow to manage throttles with A/THR active. No solution (except if a modeler accept to create a new Virtual Cockpit).

The better solution is to assign a joystick switch to disconnect quickly and easily A/THR (on real aircraft, you a have a button on the joystick/yoke to do that).

About LGTS, it will be done, but let me some weeks, because, now, I want to stop temporary airports to complete A318 and A319.

Francois

gkokkis

Post by gkokkis »

Ok Francois,

Thank you for the answers, you were very informative!
I will follow your advice to assign a joystick switch to disconnect quickly and easily the A/THR.
I will wait with impatience the A318 - A319, the test flight with VOR and the LGTS.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thank you Francois. Just a note related between A.Floor and A/THR. When A.Floor pops up, A/THR induces TOGA thrust to avoid stall. Fine, it's ok. The issue is that it continues to stay in TOGA and I cannot switch off the A/THR for many seconds to reduce the thrust.... risking many times overspeed! I don't know if it's a FSX bug, or if there is a way to reduce A/THR TOGA activation time after A.Floor alert.
Thanks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will check the code about A.Floor /TOGA. ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

VOR mode seems to work gkokkis.

Set VOR frequency in radio NAV 1, the press LOC button. You must hear a "ding" and get "LOC" on the FMA (upper area of the PFD). GPS button switches automatically in NAV and aircraft turn to track the VOR.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks Francois. Never had problems with VOR mode.
I'll set a joystick button to disconnect a/thr, good suggestion ;)

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote: About LGTS, it will be done, but let me some weeks, because, now, I want to stop temporary airports to complete A318 and A319.

Francois
Where did you leave the A321? Won't you work on it?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

oh, A321 is not start.....oups....I worked last weeks on panel updates and airports...

It was important to solves the last panel bug before start other aircraft, because when there will be 3 or 4 aircraft with the panel, updates will be very difficult, many FMC gauges designed to each aircraft.

So when I change code on an gauge, I try many solution before find the right way, so I cannot work on several aircraft at the same time.

I don't know how explain....

So, I must fix all change and bug before work on a new airplane.

I have just 2 changes to do on actual panel and I will can work on other aircraft. It will be done saturday, so I hope complete A318 (I have yet some behavior problem to solve) this weekend and begin to work on A321 next week.

Sorry, but I need time !

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks Francois for all your efforts! You would need to work in équipe

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

No problem, François, we'll wait. In the meantime, I'll be working on SKRG.

P.S.: Did you get the last email I sent you?

gkokkis

Post by gkokkis »

Thanks Francois
I'll try to find out what I do wrong in the process which I follow.
I feel obliged for all your effort.
PS
2500ft callout works properly on your computer?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Gkokkis, could be 2500ft call only for A330? Maybe is included in the callouts folder but not played. By the way I heard it yesterday in one of the video of the link that you posted, and it was on a A330.

gkokkis

Post by gkokkis »

I do not think so that Prosdocimo, is just I for the A330.I have heard it on A320 and Boeing aircraft too (in YouTube of course). :)

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

gkokkis wrote:I do not think so that Prosdocimo, is just I for the A330.I have heard it on A320 and Boeing aircraft too (in YouTube of course). :)
On a sidenote, I've heard the A320 AP DISC sound in real life. I was on the first row of a LAN Colombia A320-233 from Cali to Bogotá, and on short final, I heard that sound coming from the cockpit, though it was muffled by the door.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

It happened once to me too!! First row, British airlines, landing at Gatwick.. :D