Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

bad news ;(

I don't understand why that doesn't work....

Check if windows has a lock security about external dlls.

Xmltools.dll must be placed directly in the main FSX root folder (same folder that fsx.exe) ...check....

No more idea :@

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

To zaflyer: I propose to send a list of all ...dll files included in the FSX root folder to ensure that no other compromising dll file is accidentally placed in the FSX root folder.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Thank you both. Much appreciated. Francois...It is there. Just checked again. Wulf. Thanks. That could be an issue. :/
Thanks
ZA

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Good morning,
Still no success with PA A3XX FMS.
I need the right procedures to an ILS land, forget the stars, on PA A3XX FD-FMC, or the place to look for them.
Your help is most well come.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

zaflyer wrote:Thank you both. Much appreciated. Francois...It is there. Just checked again. Wulf. Thanks. That could be an issue. :/
Thanks
ZA
I believe that you use XMLTools.dll 2.01. Try to place the 2.0 (provided in the aircraft pack)....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

fly2001 wrote:Good morning,
Still no success with PA A3XX FMS.
I need the right procedures to an ILS land, forget the stars, on PA A3XX FD-FMC, or the place to look for them.
Your help is most well come.
Hello,

Can you give more explanations ?

What is the issue ?

You cannot see and load SID/STAR ?
or
You cannot land with ILS ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About aircraft auto-Installer :
It works on my computer. But I need a beta tester :geek:

If someone, who has never installed one of my panel/aircraft, accept to test the full installer, with current A321 FD-FMC 1.20.1 , the goal is to be sure that all works fine on a PC that never use FD-FMC.

I think that beta test pack will be ready wenesday....

NO RISK !! 8-)

Requierement:
- Virgin user of FD-FMC (never installed a FD-FMC panel/Aircraft
- FSX SP2 or acceleration pack

INstaller do all for you !
- Install aircrafts, panels, textures, sounds
- install XMLTools.dll automatically
- declare XMLTools in your dll.xml file (do a backup)
- copy all FMC files
- Create the INI file for FMC savegames

Just click and play (except some FMC airports which requires a updated AFCAD which must be manually installed ).

NO RISK !! 8-) and you can delete easily all files if you don't want keep the aircraft.

Francois

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hello François,
As I have been experimenting difficulties with your a320 FD-FMC, FMS appears but no Sid & Stars, does not work. I would be very pleased to try to install A321 FD-FMC even if I must desinstall your a320 and a318.
By the way, neither I can see SIDS & STARS, neither ILS seems to work the same way with different flys. So I don´t really know if I touch ILS button or APP button too soon or too late. There must be a point where these buttons should be pushed. If I´m right, in the FSX default planes the ILS is lighted when we year the morse code and the APP button is lighted when the vertical and horizontal losangs are aligned with the middles of the PFD. And on FD-FMC planes?
Thank you so much for your help.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. If no SID/no STAR, you have an issue with XMLTools.dll.

So, You are perfect to test my installer software. Wait until wenesday and I will post here a link to download a package with auto-installer.
Have you edited your dll.xml file when you have installed the A320 ?

About ILS, I disabled the morse sound by default. If you want activate it, you have just to push "Call" button on the radio gauge.

To know when you have to engage ILS, you have just to push "ILS" button and look at PFD : ILS button displays ILS symbol on the right and bottom of the PFD.

When you see the 2 magenta diamonds move, press "APPR" button.

Aircraft must be in SPEED mode (not THR IDLE, descent completed) to use ILS (approach segment).

That's all.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Yes I edited dll.xml when I install a320. Possibly it´s better to put dll as per the default. Is it necessary to desinstall a320 and a318 and to take out the FD-FMC folder and xmtools.dll from FSX root.
I have now a clean install of W10 and on the previous upgrade of W10 from W8.1 everything worked just fine with FD-FMC.
Thank you for your instructions on ILS my mistake should have been not to wait for speed mode.
I will wait for the link and your instructions.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You can keep A320 and A318 and FD-FMC directory.

For your actual issue, check if FSX has created a line with a declaration of XMLTools.dll in the [Trusted] section of your FSX.CFG file

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

FSX as created this line in FSX.CFG file:
C:\FSX\XMLTools.dll.zoqnqbqqqrhihitwbnezzrwnrqwruacbobckctaz=1
All the trusted lines finishes with a 2. Only this line finishes with 1.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Francois...
"I believe that you use XMLTools.dll 2.01. Try to place the 2.0 (provided in the aircraft pack)..."
Just done that and I'm now getting a lot of coded stuff. Used Notepad. It doesn't seem to put it into text I can edit. Sorry. Just spent ages looking for a programme that will open it so I can understand it! :/
Thanks ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Sorry zaflyer, I don't understand waht you want to do ? :o

Why do you want open the file with notepad ? A dll is like an executable file. Only binary code (instruction for CPU) !

If it is to know the version of your file, do a right click on the file name and you can get the properties like this

Here version 2.0

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I'm back again with error reports of the 1.43 beta version.

1. Throttle levers don't move smoothly. Let me elaborate: they do move all right from IDLE to FLX, but as soon as FLX is passed, it seems to move too quickly to TOGA. I'll try changing my thrust lever sensitivity and see how it works.

2. I cannot select manual V/S; it only works in MANAGED mode.

3. FMC is not calculating my take-off speeds no matter how I configure the aircraft (Flaps 1+F, 2, 3, TOGA, FLX).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Carlos,

About throttle area, no change (except fuel flow that increase engine acceleration). I think that you joystick have some bug (potentiometer).
I will check the throttles notchs/area...

I will check V/S tonight during a flight

About Take-off speed, you have to desactivate FMC to set all FMC performance page. If FMC is ON, many calculation cannot be applied.

Condition to take-off speed calculation :
- aircraft must be on ground
- FMC must be DESACTIVATE
- Aircrat must move less than 60 kts

Activate FMC only when you are clear to take off.

Edit : You have a zero fuel weight (ZFW) at 0 :| Very curious !!

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Carlos, set your fuel_flow_gain in aircraft.cfg at 0.0035 .

Wulf did many tests and he seems that this value is the good compromise.

François

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, I suggest you fix a small mistake in your FMC. See where it says 'ILS FREQ' and then 'Mgz'? It should say 'MHz'.

I have tested the A320 again and now it calculates my T/O speeds. I changed my thrust lever settings in my joystick and the throttle movement seems to be more accurate. Still, V/S switch is not working correctly and I'm getting a ZFW of 0 kg.

P. S.: How do I calculate my FLX TEMP?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About V/S, the previous version of the Autopilot gauge had a bug; I posted a hotfix some days ago, but I think that ou haven't saw. I join to my post the last update of the panel beta 1.45

this update has :
- Reading Mgz fix to Mhz (thanks Carlos)
- All lastest gauge (previous version had yet the Descent gauge that may appears)
- Autopilot V/S mode fixed
- Suggested flight level are now rounding by 1000ft ( FL 128 become FL130) Thanks Wulf for your good idea !) Must be checked if all is ok
- In previous version, RWY HDG reading in TAKE OFF performance page became red, after Take-off : Bug fixed.

but I don't understand how you get ZFW = 0 !!!! ???? :o

Are your sure that you have deleted the A320FD-FMC.cab file in your "FSX\Gauges\" directory ?

Because, it must be only one version of the gauge at the same time, and with the beta, FMC gauges are uncompressed and located in the panel folder.

Check,

and check that you have also deleted the A320CFM.cab file. Beta has classic folders, all in panel directory, not CAB files.

Or one gauge is corrupted. Install the 1.45 provided below :

Beta panel A320 1.45 --> http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/panel%20 ... 201.45.zip

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About Flex thrust :

Throttle range in this panel is the following (in percent) :

0 - 44.9% = IDLE
45 - 91.9% = CLB
92 - 96.9% = FLEX / MCT ( = 90 to 97% of N1)
97.1 - 100% = TOGA ( = 97 to 105% of N1)

Thrust is not linear:Net thrust increase more quickly that N1 in the upper range.

Flex is a trick used by companies to "derated" thrust during take off to increase engine life. Pilot enter a false temperature to "persuade" engines computer that weather is more hot, because higher is the temp, lower the engines can receive fuel (air density for the mixture).

Flex range is from 0 to 50° above real temp.

If you add 0 (example: air temp = 25°, flex setting = 25°) thrust wil be the MCT (maximum continuous trust)
If you add 50°, thrust will be decreased at the most low level of the FLEX/MCT throttle range (-20% of the real max net thrust of the engine).

Power thrust of Turbine engines depend of :
- Altitude (air density) : power decrease with altitude
- Ambiant temperature : high power when air is cold (high density), less power when air is hot (low density)

Pilot use charts to select the flex temp. these charts are based on the following data :
- Ambiant temp
- runway longer or predicted distance to take-off
- Airport altitude
- Runway dry or contamined
- Take off gross weight
- Company instruction for engine saveguard/fuel economy

So, by increase temp (add degres to ambiant temp) , you decrease the max N1 during take off (less thust)

So, when you take off :
- from an aiport at low altitude,
and/or
- with a long runway,
and/or
- with a light aircraft
and/or
- ambiant temp is cold (below 10°)
---> you can select a high derate flex temp +25°(if one condition) to +50°(if all condition)

If you take off :
- from an aiport at high altitude (above 2000 ft),
and/or
- with a medium/short runway,
and/or
- with a heavy aircraft
and/or
- ambiant temp is hot (above 15/20°)
---> you have to select select a low derate flex temp +20°(if one condition) to 0°(MCT) or TOGA (if all condition)

in the most cases, with low altitude airport, and medium/heavy aircraft, I select +20 to +30 °

I hope that help you

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Look, Francois, this is how my A318 FMC looked on my last flight. ZFW reads 0 kg. This started to happen since I updated the A320CFM to the 1.43 version. Before, the ZFW appeared normally (that's what I remember).

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A crosscheck on the FMC panels A320_CFM 1.45 and A320_IAE 1.20.1 confirms the ZFW = 0 reading for both.
A320_CFM 1.45: A320FD-FMC file already resids in the panel folder
A320_IAE 1.20.1: The A320FD-FMC.CAB file is temp. only located in the panel folder, so no file conflict within the FSX/Gauges folder.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

:@
wulfbindewald wrote:A crosscheck on the FMC panels A320_CFM 1.45 and A320_IAE 1.20.1 confirms the ZFW = 0 reading for both.
A320_CFM 1.45: A320FD-FMC file already resids in the panel folder
A320_IAE 1.20.1: The A320FD-FMC.CAB file is temp. only located in the panel folder, so no file conflict within the FSX/Gauges folder.
Ditto. In my gauges folder I only have CAB files for the A318 and A321. The A319 and the A320 other have folders located inside the panel folder itself.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok, I think that I have understand. Your screenshot comes before start engines ?

Because, my actual code wait that engines started to calculate ZFW :
(* calcul du ZFW *)
(A:Sim On Ground, bool) 1 ==
(L:Engine1,bool) 1 == and
(L:Engine2,bool) 1 == and
(L:ZFW,kilograms) 0 == and if{ (A:TOTAL WEIGHT,kilograms) (A:Fuel Total Quantity,gallons) (A:Fuel weight per gallon,pounds) * 0.4536 * - near (>L:ZFW,kilograms) }
Engine1,bool and engine2,bool are flags. Variable = 0 when engine stopped, and =1 when engine started.

So, ZFW is clculate, when:
- Aircraft is on the ground
and
- engine 1 and engine 2 must be started
and
- ZFW value is unknown.

I will remove the engines started condition.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Any news about the A320 V/S problem?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

V/S issue solved with beta 1.45.

Link to download some posts above.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

A321 pack with installer beta is available (v1.20.1 but with the last AIRAC and airport database) :
http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A321%20F ... taller.zip

So, if users that have never installed a FD-FMC aircraft want to try .....

Installer do :
- install aircraft and all its folders
- Install XMLTools.dll and declare in dll.xml file (backup file created). If you have already XMLTools, no change
- install all FD_FMC airports folder (but airports designed for special addon scenery or provided with an AFCAD must be finalized by hand)

To know if all has worked, launch your FSX : FSX must ask to you to accept XMLTolls.dll as a trusted software.

Create a flight plan between to airport of the database and launch your flight.

FD-FMC must work

Thank you for your feedback to know if all is ok

Note : graphic interface is not definitive (beta).

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

installer has a small problem : FSX document folder (where FSX saves its flight plan is not properly detected because folder name change according FSX language version :
In english, this is "Flight Simulator X files"
in french : this is "Fichier Flight Simulator X".

This info is not included in Windows registry, so I cannot get this path with classic windows API.

Info is in "Language.dll" FSX file and I haven't the knowledge to get this information with an programming API.

So, I added a toolwindow where user must select with a Directory list box, the path to this folder.

But, maybe I work for nothing, because no feedback...I thought that users want an installer...maybe an error....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:But, maybe I work for nothing, because no feedback...I thought that users want an installer...maybe an error....
I guess that most (not to say all ;) ) forum visitors have already manually & succesfully installed the aircraft+panel in the past. I think newbies w/o projet airbus and FDD-FMC experience are seldom in this forum. So I recommend to put the current panel installer even in beta into Avsim.com or Flightsim.com to get the expected feedback.
No need to be disappointed....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

yes your are right. Installer can overwrite a previous installation, but there is a small issue, because in my previous pack, some files was "read only" and installer cannot overwrite....

Do you think that descent gauge works now without bugs ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Do you think that descent gauge works now without bugs ?
Several A320_CFM 1.45 test flights done between Phoenix, El Paso and Tucson :) w/o descent prob.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

In a new clean W10 install, your installer does everything as per your post except FMS SIDS & STARS.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:Do you think that descent gauge works now without bugs ?
Several A320_CFM 1.45 test flights done between Phoenix, El Paso and Tucson :) w/o descent prob.
It seems that's ok for me so ! I hope that is bug is now a old "souvenir" :)

fly2001 wrote:In a new clean W10 install, your installer does everything as per your post except FMS SIDS & STARS.
Do you mean that "FD_FMC" folder has not been copied ?

You can try with this new version of setup program : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Setup.zip

Now, you have a supplementary window to select the "my douments FSX files" folder to get the right FMC_Path.ini file created, and previous version had an error in the setup.ini file and the Model folder of the IAE version was not copied so.

New airports online :

- KLGB - Long Beach Daugherty Field - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
- LEPA - Palma de Mallorca - SPAIN by Martien Van Rooten
- LEPA - Palma de Mallorca - SPAIN by Philippe Bronier
- LHBP - Pudapest Litz Intl - HUNGARY by Philippe Bronier

2 updates :

- KLAS - Las Vegas Mc Carran Intl - USA (Nevada) by françois Doré ; fix a wrong line in SID data file
- KSAN - San Diego Intl - USA (California) by François Doré : fix a wrong SID name

New AIRAC file : 07022016

Francois

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi,
I have FD-FMC folder, xmltools.dll trusted, etc, it just happens that when I open FMS the flight plan is there, but when I choose the departure or arrival airports, the fist screen appears with the due information like the runways with hdgs and lenghts and the ils and com frequencies.
When I touch for [more information] button, on the next screen it only appears (0.) in the first two characters of all the lines instead of the SID & STARS and approaches.
Something is preventing the reading of the FD-FMC database.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok.
FSX or P3D ? if you have P3D, you have to remove XMLTools.dll and put XMLTools3D.dll
If you have FSX, Check if you have an entry in your [Trusted] section with LoggerX. If yes, remove the line, and open your dll.xml file and remove the data block of "LoggerX.dll" :
remove all line from:
<Launch.Addon>
LoggerX.dll
. ......
</Launch.Addon>

if not, what is your windows version ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About panel update, we do with wulf a last change; We try to improve Approach code; I try to add to the FMC, a feature to calculate the optimal V/S to join the next waypoint during an approach, when approach gradient is not special.

Testing....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:About panel update, we do with wulf a last change; We try to improve Approach code; I try to add to the FMC, a feature to calculate the optimal V/S to join the next waypoint during an approach, when approach gradient is not special.

Testing....
A nice feature! Sometimes it happens that I'm too high when FMC switches to app mode.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

that should be solved if feature works.....

Will be available only during approach , for all approach legs.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi
I run FSX Acceleration on a clean W10 Home.
Thank you for your help.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Have you check if LoggerX was activated ?

Very important : You cannot have the 2 dll at the same time. If you use XMLTools, you must disabled LoggerX.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Next airport :

EDDC - Martien
LIMZ and LEAS by Philippe
KPHX and KORD by Francois

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

After my rerere?instalation of W10 I have made everything as per your instructions. My FMS doesn't show sid&stars.
Don't know what to do more.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If FSX has created the XMLTools line in [Trusted] section of your FSX.cfg file, there is no reason that XMLTools dosen't work.

XMLTools has been tested with win 10 by fsdeveloper members and it works...

Check FD_FMC path (not FD-FMC !).

I don't know windos 10. Maybe a protection somewhere.....

Try to install Microsoft C++ Redistribuable 2015 : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

SOrry, no other idea :@

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

I' ll try.
Anyway I would like to thank you, and all the team of PA, for your aircraft.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois et al..
Not been able to access FSX as my HD and GC card became kaput last week...Doing this on my laptop! So not been able to fix the problem. I think a new install might be on the way... :roll:

AirbusA343

Post by AirbusA343 »

I already downloaded this but I have a problem:
I did everything in the pre-start checklist except for two things: I cannot turn on the engine 1 and engine 2 bleed switches.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

AirbusA343 wrote:I already downloaded this but I have a problem:
I did everything in the pre-start checklist except for two things: I cannot turn on the engine 1 and engine 2 bleed switches.
You need to first move the BLEED knob from APU to AUTO.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi François
In A320 v1.45 panel, FMC's optimal FL says 920ft !
In a flight from Heathrow to Fiumicino, 10.000kg of fuel loaded.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

920 ft ! You won't pass the alps ! :o :D :laugh:

Beta 1.45 had still some bugs...

But now, I think that all issues are solved and I present final beta 1.50 before all panel updates.

You can download panel here, with Aircraft.cfg and AIR file (use AIR file joined to this pack !) :
http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Panel_A3 ... ta1.50.zip

This beta has been optimized with the precious help of Wulf.

This panel provides following features :
- descent gauge works now without issue. I recall that this new descent gauge provide a very accurate descent profil and smooth aircraft behavior. Previous beta had a bug that freeze the descent : now solved.
- Mgz reading changing by Mhz in take-off page
- Optimal FL are now rounded by 1000ft step
- Now, in approach phase, FMC has the capability to calculate the optimal gradient to join the next waypoint; This feature, that we call with Wulf "Adaptive gradient" or "Predictive gradient" allows to catch up the right altitude if you arrive too high at the end of the STAR.
So, it allow also to decrease the descent rate, if approach has leg with level off or low gradient leg to smooth descent during approach.
- TOD (Formula created by Wulf) is now full working. All previous version had an issue and in case of FL change, TOD was not calulated again and updated: fixed
- New "monitoring" descent gauge; Disabled by default, you can activate it in the panel.cfg file, [VCCockpit01] section, remove the "//" characters at the begining of the line :
//gauge37=A320FD-FMC!FMC_monitoring,0,0,1,1
Please, note that you have to create a subfolder in the \FD_FMC\ folder, called "\_Blackbox\"; monitoring descent gauge saves its file in this folder.
- A debug gauge that I use is active in the 2D cockpit. If you want disable it, add "//" at the begining of the line (section [Window00] )

When Adpative gradient works :
- FMC use adaptive grdient when the gradient value in declared as "Standard" (3°) or less. If approach file has information about a leg with a gradient higher than 3°, adaptive is disabled.
- Adaptive is disabled during Holding pattern, Teardrop turn and DME arc, because leg travel is unknown and optimal gradient cannot be calculated.
- Adaptive gradient has a security : Max descent rate canot be higher that 10% (close to 5.8°) to avoid airacraft acceleration if it is in clean configuration.
This threshold could be changed after tests and feedback .
- You have a feedback info about current gradient in the "Status" page of the lower ECAMS.

Wulf worked on a scheme to explain this new feature and I think that he will post here this chart today.

I recall that only this beta version can you the new extended SID/STAR procedure number as KDFW dallas. (I am working on KPHX Phoenix that has also more than 200 SID ! ).

I wait your feedback during the week, and if all is ok, I will publish the definitive panel update for A318/A320/A321 and I will complete the job with the A319.

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:- Now, in approach phase, FMC has the capability to calculate the optimal gradient to join the next waypoint; This feature, that we call with Wulf "Adaptive gradient" or "Predictive gradient" allows to catch up the right altitude if you arrive too high at the end of the STAR.
So, it allow also to decrease the descent rate, if approach has leg with level off or low gradient leg to smooth descent during approach.

Wulf worked on a scheme to explain this new feature and I think that he will post here this chart today.
Francois
Here the announced scheme