Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Gary,

I found the LMML charts but there are no STAR described; only SID and approach, so I will look at if I can build procedure.

So, in the first time, I can add all missing waypoints in the AIRAC file. I will do it in the next days.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I started a new project; I am trying to adapt FD-FMC gauges to B747 Posky, but my brain is old now and work very very slowly. I have some difficulties because Boeing autopilot modes are totally different that the Airbus logic.

3D aircraft model if very interesting with some features with 3 versions :
B747-400 passengers
B747-400 Cargo
B747-8F cargo

I joins an ehanced VC by Alejandro Rojas, that I fixed some bugs, but there is some missing switch on the VC AP that will engage to me to add an Autopilot popup gauge.

So I would like to know if members should be interesting to fly with this aircraft, to know if I continue my work ?

some pictures of the project :

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Very nice Francois ! How did you manage to put the FMC in the Virtual Cockpit if I may ask?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

VC is based on a Alejandro Rojas Lucena 's mod who added the FMC location in the VC (with the Honeywell version). So, that's allow to me to place FD-FMC now. http://simviation.com//fsnd/Downloads.htm

I edited his mod because there were some issues with displays knob and some missing function.

I upgraded bitmap resolution for many gauges bitmap and now, I am working on displays readings......and autopilot logic with real boeing logic.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 13 Apr 2020, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Gary,

You can download here a temporary BGL file which add missing LMML waypoints (according last AIP data) :
http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/LMML%20Waypoints.BGL
This file is until the next AIRAC update (May 2)

Check on this picture if you get all your missing waypoints:

If you want the last AIP charts :http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/LMML%20Charts.zip

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Thank you Francois ! I will try it and let you know :)

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Seemed to have worked Francois ! Thanks a million !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Guys,

I hope that you haven't cross coronavirus . As I said, I am working from several weeks o the B747 Posky FD-FMC panel. Not easy, because Boeing AP logic totally different that Airbus logic and I have to do many changes in the code, and sometimes, I am a little loss. But project flies....
I have some heavy bugs to find, and I will can to upload a beta, if some simers are interesting.

Work state :
- FMC adaptation & Boeing AP logic : 70% with still some minor bugs
- PFD : 75%
- ND : 10%
- ECAMS : 20%
- AIR file : 90%

The only problem is that the VC that I use (Author : Alejandro Lucena) Is really better than the FSX stock VC but There are 2 missing swith on the AP that I cannot add because I havn't knowledge to edit MDL file. So I hope that a 3D modeler will appears a day to help me.... So, I will add a popup MCP window gauge in the VC with all AP functions.
2D panel has already all switchs

When FD-FMC will work perfectly in this B747, I will activate the NATS track (north atlantic traks). All waypoints are already in the database.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Guys,

Some news for the next panel update.

We are developing with Wulf 2 new features :
- A turn anticipation function : FSX has a bad management of turn anticipation (the moment when aircraft arrives to a waypoint and switch to the next waypoint). FSX use only the Ground speed to calculate its turn anticipation (with a maximum of 3 Nm). The amount of the turn is not take in account.
So, Wulf given to me a formula to calculate the turn anticipation with according ground speed and amount of the next turn.

So, we added (on a Wulf idea) the capability to the FMC to slowdown later in a STAR, when the STAR leg is long and the final speed must be low. Yesterday we have to create "fake waypoint" or other tips, to avoid to fly all the leg at low speed.
Now, FMC can detect a slowdown information in STAR data, to fly the leg at high speed, and slowdown only 10nm by example, before the targer waypoint.

So, I added in the FMC, a payload management page, to setup fuel, pax and cargo before takeoff. All weights can be adjusted with the wheel mouse...
Units can be set in kilograms/Liters or Pounds/U.S Gallons...
So, added also the FMC settings configuration, that you can edit and save now. You can save your favorite payload configuration for next flights...

See picture below :

Thanks to tell me what do you think about....

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

This look very good..Thank you.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the delay. New airports are online, with new AIRAC files :

New Airports:
SBBE – Belèm – Brazil by Martien Van Rooten
SBEG – Manaus – Brazil by Martien Van Rooten
SBPV – Porto Vehlo by Martien Van Rooten

Updates:
KJAC (4.04) – Jackson Hole – USA by Wulf Bindewald
KMSO (4.01) – Missoula – USA by Wulf Bindewald
KMTJ (4.03) – Montrose COunty by Wulf Bindewald
KSLC (4.01) – Salt Lake City – USA by Wulf Bindewald
KVNY (4.04) – Van Nuys by Wulf Bindewald
LIEO (4.01) – Olbia – Italy by Francesco Bragagnolo
LIMJ (4.01) – Genoa/Sestri – Italy by Francesco Bragagnolo

fixed:
EGPH – Glasgow – United Kingdom
KJFK – New York – USA

We are preparing with Wulf a big panel update, with many new features ......

Francois

Perfect Aviation

Post by Perfect Aviation »

Hi guys. I don´t know why but none of the sounds that are in the A32X_Sounds folder, such as the callouts and switch sounds are working. When first installed, I replaced the two files that were in the Modules of the downloaded file from AVSIM as which is said in the manual but nothing. I realized then that i have in the A320 Common folder three different nouns of files:
A32x_XML_Config (gau and ini)
A32x_XML_Sounds (gau and ini)
and A32x_Sounds (gau and ini)

I dont know anything about xml programing. The other sounds work properly (engines, seatbealts), but those not. And i would like to have switch sounds.Thanks for this GREAT airbus. I have P3D V4.5

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prepar3d 64bit requires modified gauges. The basic PA32x panel is developed for 32bit.

- It is mandatory to download and install the basic A32x V2.0 version at first e.g. from AVSIM.
Then you might update to panel v2.02, see post from FDD_fr, 01.Apr.2020 in this forum.

- Finally go to the basic pack V2.0, "Modules" folder and install the P3D 64bit DLL and XMLTools (XMLTools64) acc. to the installation instructions for each gauge, see the readme.txt.

Perfect Aviation

Ok i have done exactly what tou said but i have no sounds. In the readme of one of the two modules, the P3D 64bit DLL, it says that i must Copy these two and paste and replace which are in main PA32x Common Folder, but it only replaces one, because the other doesnt exist. I mean, in the modules folder(downloaded) i have two files with the noun A32X_XML_CONFIG and A32X_XML_SOUNDS, but in the main A32_Common i have these two and one more, an A32x_Sounds with no XLM in the noun. And i think thats why it doesnt work. I have the gauges update with April 2020 and all updated.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Try rename the new "A32x_XML_Sounds.gau" to "A32x_Sounds.gau".

Perfect Aviation

OMG it works, i have sounds and Ta/Ra is working. Now i'm happy jeje. Thanks Wulfbindewaid.

It is the best freeware Airbus in the world, thanks for this great aircraft.
I like a lot the idea of the new update Francois.

Perfect Aviation

And one more thing... the last

Updating the A319 and the A320 i have noticed that the NAV Red and Green lights are in the model, not in the [ LIGHTS ] section in the cfg, so now i have four lights, is there any posibilty to remove the model lights to keep mine? And also when i put the camera in the wing view, the Red light (the model light) dissapear(as normal) but the Green not.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

".....Updating the A319 and the A320 ...."
The valid aircraft models A318 to A321 are included within the basic pack V2.0 and there are no doubled nav lights on each wing tip on my end. Which updating do you refer to?

Perfect Aviation

Well i mean that i have doble nav lights because i put in the past on the aircraft cfg my own lights not because it is an error, and because the NAV lights in the newest models are now hardcored in the model. So my question is si it posible to delete the hardcored lights?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

It is unlikely that any PA aircraft model and its hardcoded lights will be changed in the future, as far as I know.
Furthermore there are new A32x aircraft models with sharklets available, wich all include hardcoded lights again, see post 25 Mar 2020.

Perfect Aviation

Ok Thanks, i have been looking at the lights and they are Very cool. By the way, i noticed that inside the vc cockpit, in the A320 you can see the outside white textures, like in real life, but in the A319 no, it is a problem of the model or the textures? Here is a photo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18l1_WL ... sp=sharing

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A32x panel V2.0: The A32x aircraft models are generally the basic PA models from 2011. Only the A320_CFM model is updated in 2017 and include the visibility from the outer Cockpit section, looking from the VC.
I examplary checked the new A320 and A321 sharklet models which show the outer Cockpit white paint too. I hope that Francois will also include the sharklet versions in his a.m. update.

Perfect Aviation

Ok, thats all. Thanks a lot Wulf

zachary77

Post by zachary77 »

Hello,
I’m working on adapting the PA 380 VC to an A350 using GMAX. It’s still incomplete but I’m looking into adding your gauges to the model. As someone I know is an A350 pilot I have data on everything about the A350, but the default gauges are lacking.

So I’m asking if:

— I can get permission to add your gauges to the VC
— I can get help from you to adapt the look of the gauges to the A350 FMC

I hope to hear from you.
zachary77

zachary77

Post by zachary77 »

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

FD-FMC update v2.10 is available. All the link to download at the bottom of this page : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

How update :

You must have at least one aircraft in version 2.0 installed. You must download in first the common pack gauge (folder PA 32x_Common). Replace all your existings folders by the folders include in the zip file.

After, you will find links to download panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files for each aircraft version. You must use these new files. Copy your [FLTSIM.XX] section in the new Aircraft.cfg files.
If you don't use these new aircraft.cfg files, payload manager will not work properly.

You can find also base pack for SHARKLET version, without livery.

What's new with this update :
- New STAR speed constraint slowdown function : When a STAR's waypoint has a speed constraint, this constraint is applied only when you arrive some miles before the waypoint to avoid to fly all the leg at low speed special thanks to Wulf for help.
- New function to turn anticipation : FSX has a poor turn anticipation function; now FD-FMC anticipate turns, according ground speed and amount of turn; special thanks to Wulf about the formula
- Save FD-FMC configuration : Now, FD-FMC setting can be change in the classic gauge and saved in the ini file. Each aircraft (per model, A318, A319 A320 A321) has now his own INI file
- INI file are now automatically created if they don't exist, and automatically updated when there is a Panel update.
- New Setting tools in the classic FMC gauge: you can set Fuel, pax and cargo configuration. Payload configuration can be saved in the INI file for a next flight with same payload. Be carefull, when you change fuel configuration, youm ust have engines running. Otherwise, weights will be not updated. FSX update fuel weights only if there is a fuel consumption.
- Ground service page : you can open aircraft doors, call the jetway and control the pushback directly from the gauge. You can go forward with pushback. It remains a bug in forward direction and turn right according the initial heading of the aircraft (FSX bug).
- Lower ECAMs has now 2 new pages : DOORS and WHEEL
- New Brake temperature gauge : Simulation of the brake temperature (displaying in the new ECAMS WHEEL page. Many thanks to Wulf Bindewald to help to build this gauge.
- Many small bugs or missing fixed
- When ECON Thrust were set in Old FMC 2D window gauge (Takeoff and climb page), value continue to blinking in MCDU 3D and 2 D gauges : bug fixed
- MCDU LSK4R button in sub STAR menu page when you come from the STAR menu page didn't work : bug fixed
- Added a security in case of wrong Approach speed data > 250 and aircraft below 10000ft : Now, Aircraft speed cannot be higher than 250 below 10000ft

Thanks for your feedback

Polus_EPWA

Post by Polus_EPWA »

Hello everyone,
Many thanks to Francois and all other guys worked with this project. Fantastic job! The newest 2.10 version looks great, and is flying like never before. I think found a probably small bug, only the A320 CFM is affected (but SL version of A320CFM is fine). Seems like avionics not working, or bug in panel.cfg for this model, or something wrong on my system, i'm not sure. Symptoms: when main battery is on, then APU etc., the radio panel in VC and transponder/TCAS are blank/off (no digits). ATC window communications not working (ATC windows appears, but eg. can't request for clearance), and FSX GPS map (Shift+F3) is blank too. All other element of panels looks properly. Not tried to start engine procedure, and don't know if flying process is ok or not.
All other models are working correctly, except mentioned A320 CFM.
The Sim is FSX, boxed edition.

Thanks in advance
Poul

Polus_EPWA

Post by Polus_EPWA »

Polus_EPWA wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 20:25
Hello everyone,
Many thanks to Francois and all other guys worked with this project. Fantastic job! The newest 2.10 version looks great, and is flying like never before. I think found a probably small bug, only the A320 CFM is affected (but SL version of A320CFM is fine). Seems like avionics not working, or bug in panel.cfg for this model, or something wrong on my system, i'm not sure. Symptoms: when main battery is on, then APU etc., the radio panel in VC and transponder/TCAS are blank/off (no digits). ATC window communications not working (ATC windows appears, but eg. can't request for clearance), and FSX GPS map (Shift+F3) is blank too. All other element of panels looks properly. Not tried to start engine procedure, and don't know if flying process is ok or not.
All other models are working correctly, except mentioned A320 CFM.
The Sim is FSX, boxed edition.

Thanks in advance
Poul
I think I found a solution:
In aircraft.cfg for A320CFM provided with 2.10 update, some entries in electrical section looks as below:
avionics_bus = 1, 14 , 17.0
avionics = 1, 9 , 17.0
gear_warning = 2, 2 , 17.0
starter1 = 2, 80 , 17.0
starter2 = 2, 80 , 17.0
standby_vacuum = 2, 5 , 17.0
fuel_transfer_pump = 2, 15 , 17.0

In previous file, from version 2.0, and files for other aircrafts provided with 2.10, except problematic 320CFM, that sections contains as below:
avionics_bus = 0, 14 , 17.0
avionics = 0, 9 , 17.0
gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0
starter1 = 0, 31 , 17.0
starter2 = 0, 31 , 17.0
standby_vacuum = 0, 5 , 17.0
fuel_transfer_pump = 0, 15 , 17.0

After I changed that entries to previous, everything works fine.

Reagrds,
Poul

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Hello everybody.

I'm back to flight simulation after two years. I have left FSX for P3Dv4.

I updated the FMC to version 2.10 but I'm getting this error in P3Dv4:

Code: Select all

[error.9]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: D:\P3D\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PA A318FD-FMC 2.0\panel.A318CFM\..\..\PA A32x_Common\A32x_Sounds.dll, Gauge: Sound.  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.
Thus, I cannot hear any callouts during my flights. Could anyone please point me to the 64-bit version of this gauge?

Thanks.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prepar3d 64bit requires modified gauges. The basic PA32x panel is developed for 32bit.

It is mandatory to download and install the basic full pack A32x panel V2.0 version at first e.g. from AVSIM.
Then you might update it to the latest panel v2.10.

The "Modules" folder within the basic full pack A32x panel V2.0 includes two necessary 64bit gauges in the "P3D 64bit DLL" folder.
- Copy and replace A32x_XLMConfig.gau and A32x_XML_Sounds.gau into the PA A32x_Common folder,
- Rename the A32x_XML_Sounds.gau into A32x_Sounds.gau.

Don´t forget to replace the XMLTools dll for 64bit, also included in the "Modules" folder.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

All right, I've done as instructed (I reinstalled the entire modules and PA A32x_Common folder). The callouts work brilliantly, but now I'm having problems with my autopilot and my flight director: they just won't turn on. The communications panel (where you dial your frequencies) isn't showing the numbers either, but the buttons work. I find this weird because all of the other buttons in the FCU are working.

Here is the error log of P3D v4.

Code: Select all

[error.0]
error=Error loading XMLTools64.dll: El tipo de recurso especificado no se encuentra en el archivo de imagen.

[error.1]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: A3xx_MFD
Error: Invalid variable name: "fs9traffic:brightness"

[error.2]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid variable name: "fs9traffic:advisory"

[error.3]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.4]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.5]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.6]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.7]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.8]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.9]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: A32x_FMS_TO
Error: Invalid variable name: "SIMVARS:Attitude Indicator Pitch Degrees"

[error.10]
error=file "fuel_pump(.wav|.ogg)" not found

[error.11]
error=Payload station "Center seats (74)" exceeds maximum name length of 16.

[error.12]
error=Texture A320_MISC_1.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.13]

[error.14]

[error.15]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.16]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.17]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.18]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.19]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.20]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.21]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.22]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.23]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.24]

[error.25]
error=Texture A320_FUSE_1_T.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.26]
error=Texture A320_FUSE_1_L.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.27]
error=Texture A320_FUSE_1_L.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.28]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 9

[error.29]
error=Texture A320_MISC_1.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.30]
error=Payload station "Eco Afterward(49)" exceeds maximum name length of 16.

[error.31]

[error.32]

[error.33]

[error.34]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.35]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.36]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.37]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.38]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.39]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.40]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.41]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.42]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.43]
I'll try troubleshooting it on my end, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Just guessing.....have you declared the new XMLTools64.dll too? This file resides in the dll.xml file in the AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder, but unfortunately I do not know where it is located in P3D.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Yeah, I was missing that.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

The320Pilot wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 03:42
All right, I've done as instructed (I reinstalled the entire modules and PA A32x_Common folder). The callouts work brilliantly, but now I'm having problems with my autopilot and my flight director: they just won't turn on. The communications panel (where you dial your frequencies) isn't showing the numbers either, but the buttons work. I find this weird because all of the other buttons in the FCU are working.
(...)
I'll try troubleshooting it on my end, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
wulfbindewald wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 06:58
Just guessing.....have you declared the new XMLTools64.dll too? This file resides in the dll.xml file in the AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder, but unfortunately I do not know where it is located in P3D.
New update on this issue. It is funny that I'm having problems turning on the A/P, the FD and the communication panel only in the A320 CFM (both with and without sharklets). All the other models work perfectly fine. I really don't know what could be the error, because the A320 IAE works just fine and I assume it uses the same gauges as the CFM.

I guess I will have to keep the troubled plane at the hangar for the moment.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 23:53
New update on this issue. It is funny that I'm having problems turning on the A/P, the FD and the communication panel only in the A320 CFM (both with and without sharklets). All the other models work perfectly fine. I really don't know what could be the error, because the A320 IAE works just fine and I assume it uses the same gauges as the CFM.

I guess I will have to keep the troubled plane at the hangar for the moment.
Thanks to Polus_EDWA, who proposed a correction, see his mail from 20. June 2020 above. I hope this cures your prob.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

That worked wonderfully. The A320 CFM will be out of the hangar today.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Is there any way to force the FMC into the next or previous flight phase? I got stuck on CLB on my last flight.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 21:51
I got stuck on CLB on my last flight.
Once this happened to me on a flight during climb, because I forgot to define first step FL.
The320Pilot wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 21:51
Is there any way to force the FMC into the next or previous flight phase?
I´m not aware to be able to jump between flight phases. Maybe Francois knows more.
IMO only next waypoint selection [+]/[-] fwd/rear is possible during SID and STAR travel.

Polus_EPWA

Post by Polus_EPWA »

Hello,
Is this forum still active??...

Polus_EPWA

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Yes, but unfortunately there are no informations from Francois since a couple of months.

Wulf

Polus_EPWA

Post by Polus_EPWA »

Thanks. I hope he's fine...

P.