Engine effects issue on A318

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Clutch Cargo

Engine effects issue on A318

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I d/l the PA FSX base model package for 318-319-320-321. Added a texture. The issue I have is the engine rotation. When I start an engine they instantly start fast rotation, no spooling up. Same when killing the engines... instantly stop. So is this an effects file I am missing or maybe the wrong mdl. file? I did the same type install with the A321 and it spools up just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

thx,

Clutch

Billster8724

Re: Engine effects issue on A318

Post by Billster8724 »

Was this an offical download, or something someone put together with all 4 models? If its an official PA download, than I'm not sure what it could be. But if it was made by another author, than theres a good chance he left out some effects in this case.

Bill

Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ok, I double-checked the download. I got it from AVSIM. Re-downloaded again to just to make sure. it is file 'pa32x_fsx_models' and the author is Project Airbus. I stand corrected the file only includes base files for the A318, A319, and A320 (not the A321). So it appears to be an official upload. The only effects file in there is fxPAland.fx. So I added that and made the changes requested to the aircraft.cfg file. Still no change. I will try the A319 to see if it is any different. So it's an effects file I am missing?

Billster8724

Post by Billster8724 »

Are you having problems with any other aircraft? It could be that some FS9 default effects are missing as well. Usually you dont have to install effects from Project Airbus downloads, or not normally anyways. I'm not too sure what your problem could be, never heard of that happening. I use FS9 so it could be something that has to do with your FSX installation. Do you have both FSX SP1 and SP2 installed?

Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yea, I do have all the latest FSX upgrades installed. I'm gonna install the 319, 320 in just a minute so I will see if that has some missing file. No biggie, I'm sure I'll find it. Just was hoping it would jogs someone's memory of "oh, I had that same issue... it was just file_____".

Really like the fact in FSX you can match up a VC with a PA bus. Really nice feature. Superb PA models.

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Doesn't sound like an effects issue, I think what you're referring to is the engine fan animations. The a318-319-320 use standard FS animations which aren't very accurate. With the 321 we coded custom animations to improve the spool up. There's no way to transfer the animations to the previous models unfortunately.

Hope that helps,

Billster8724

Post by Billster8724 »

Yeah I used FSX before but I switched back because I cant afford a high end computer to get good gameplay. I always aliased the PA models to the A321 VC, too bad that cant be done in FS9 from like Overland and such. Anywho, I used the A318/19/20 many times in FSX and never had a problem. And I thought you meant even worse than what Derek pointed out. The default animation spin the blades than flash into idle rotation power. Same with on shut down. Not very realistic but I guess those were the limitations of the game. Its about 8 years old now.

Bill

Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo »

"Doesn't sound like an effects issue, I think what you're referring to is the engine fan animations. The a318-319-320 use standard FS animations which aren't very accurate. With the 321 we coded custom animations to improve the spool up. There's no way to transfer the animations to the previous models unfortunately."

Ah... that's exactly it. Fan blade animations. I was so impressed with you r A321 spool up I thought there was an issue with the others. That answers that. Thx, as I was on a mission to try and fix that.

Clutch