Thomas Ruth Panel with PA trouble

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
HenriqueSantos

Thomas Ruth Panel with PA trouble

Post by HenriqueSantos »

Hello!
I´m trying to merge Thomas Ruth vc (A330) with PA A3Xx.
Almost everything is ok, except a little big problem: with tha aircraft stopped, everything is fine, but when it starts moving, for taxi or takeoff, suddenly the vc disapears.
If i look in other direction (like -+45º left or right) it apears, but straight forward or almost every other direction, it just disapears. It´s there, but I can´t see it.
Already changed the camera definition and views?
Any sugestion?
Thank´s in advance

fcerven

Re: Thomas Ruth Panel with PA trouble

Post by fcerven »

Hi,

I too have the same effect. A similar question was asked a week or so back but let me try to answer here. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It's not really a problem but rather a result of the location of the cockpit being defined in the interior model. Tom's interior model is built for the A330 which is longer than the 318 through 321. As a result, when you try to put it into a shorter aircraft, in the straight ahead view, the interior falls outside the exterior and.... disappears. I would love to use his panel on all the A3XX's also.

There is one good thing. The A321 is just long enough that Tom's panel does work. I did this a while back and I think I just had to reduce the acceleration effects to almost nothing to achieve this.

Hey, if Tom is reading this, maybe a re-compile of his interior model about 6 feet back from where it is on the A330 could be done. How about it Tom?

Hope this explains what is happening.

HenriqueSantos

Post by HenriqueSantos »

Thank´s for the reply.
I was hoping that it could be a easy fix, but if it was, I´m sure that someone else already had found.
Just keep on waiting for PA A32X VC, and of course, for the A380 for FSX.

Ratinho

Post by Ratinho »

It is a easy fix. You have to go to the Aircraft CFG of each airplanes and change the lines of [Views] to read:

On Airbus A318;
[Views]
eyepoint=48.0, -1.8, 4.3

On Airbus A319;
[Views]
eyepoint=48.0, -1.8, 4.3

On Airbus A320;
[Views]
eyepoint=48.22074, -1.73061,4.355627

On Airbus A321;
[views]
eyepoint=48.2, -1.8, 4.3

Just a thing: those views are for a A321 default VC not for a Thomas Ruth VC. I dont no if it works, just try and see.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

I can propose to you a other solution .

I am working on the PA A32x version and I have adapted the stefan liebe panel, with some adds and the A321 fsx defaut VC (that I have modified). I have realized a first version of the A318, but not perfect, but I have just finish the A319 version with many ehanced features.

Go here for more information --> http://www.pafs.wf/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1939

I will update quickly A318, A320 and A321.

HenriqueSantos

Post by HenriqueSantos »

Hi, fdd_fr!
I was aware of your work, and as far as I can see, it´s great!
The best for me, your work, in Thomas Ruth panel.
Let me make a question? Isn´t possible to do the ecam2 work like the ND. I mean, to click in an certain area to scroll the ENG, BLEED, PRESS...without have to use the pop-up?
And again, thank´s for your work.
To Ratinho, (ou posso dizer Ratinho?), I already had tried that. Doesn´t work. Thank´s anyway.

Ratinho

Post by Ratinho »

Hi Henrique Santos ( claro que podes )
With the Thomas Ruth VC, possible the cooordenate (the first one) is diferent.It gives the number of feet on longitudinal axis from reference point.
If you incrise that number your view go front, If decrese the number the view go back.
I think is "change and chek".

HenriqueSantos

Post by HenriqueSantos »

Hi Ratinho.
I´ve tried lots of diferents solutions, but didn´t work it out. Maybe it just won´t work, or, more possible, I don´t know how to make it work.
If anyone know how to do it, I'll appreciate.
Obriga na mesma.

Ratinho

Post by Ratinho »

Make a new post "how to alias Thomas Ruth VC with PA A3Xx "
And it WORK
Ratinho