Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

CokiBH new Dirty texure set are available to download on freenav website page :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok.

After 4 years of developement, panel seems to be steady. Thousands hours of work ! ONly the FMC gauge set represent 15 000 lines of XML code !

Highlights and Achievements 2016:
Panel improvement: predicted gradient and predefined gradient Thank you wulf for the idea !
VC model improvement: model upgrade and HD VC textures included :Thank you very much to Bjoern and CokiBH !
Growing airport data base: ~300 airports created : thank you all airport creators !
Panel Installer for all A32x versions since Dec. available: More than 3000 downloads from AVSIM library and many on Flightsim library (missing A318 and A319 on flightsim, but coming soon...)

So, I would like to say a big special thanks to Wulf, who help me every day to test and debug panel (hundreds of mail !!! ). Wulf has found all bugs and Issue, and has created the all the TOD formula for the 4 aircrafts.

MAny thanks Wulf !

So, there will be a panel update which fix some minor issue, and will bring a new ehanced TOD calculation which take in account the aircraft spped at the end of the STAR.
This panel update will be available at the end of january.

About future :
In this beginning of 2017 years, I haven't many time to give to the new project, because I am very busy, but I cannot stay without a project.
So, the final decision is not validate for the moment, but I hope that the next step will be known at january end.
the final choice will be between one the following :

- A330 (exterior model Tom Ruth or Project Airbus....)
- A350 (exterior model FS Painter)
- A380 (exterior model Project Airbus)

VC should be:
- current A32x VC model
or
- Tom Ruth VC (with some works to do)

Gauges :
I haven't begin my search , but I think that A350 and A380 gauge have a different llok, so, maybe I will need some help of a painter, to draw a new bitmap set to create this new gauge, while I work on XML and flight dynamics.

So regardless the model choice, the initial phase will take 2 or 3 months to adapt the FMC and flight dynamics before the first beta.

But before begin this project, I must update the Airport creation file manual, because the new FD-FMC features like predictive gradient must be explain clearly in the manual.
This is my priority

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Francois, Wulf and CokiBH..
A great deal of dedication and work there. Thanks for your time and effort. I for one appreciate it. Particularly the help you offer with problems. :)
ZA

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Good choice sticking with Airbus, I think the logical choice would be to keep getting larger, eg go for the A330(200/300/F) next, then A350(900/1000), A340(200/300/600), A380 (841)

It may also be easier to stick with the 3 Tom Ruth aircraft as the flight dynamics are very good. Looking forward to the heavies! Thank you.

batfink

Post by batfink »

Hi,
I have used the A319 FMC on my old windows XP and all worked great, I have just changed to windows 10 and a new computer and reloaded the A319 FMC but am unable to enter any fields in the FMC using the keypad eg, runway heading or Flex to temp or DPT Position.
The fields that are just click to change work fine.
Any ideas would be great thanks
Peter.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

batfink wrote:Hi,
I have used the A319 FMC on my old windows XP and all worked great, I have just changed to windows 10 and a new computer and reloaded the A319 FMC but am unable to enter any fields in the FMC using the keypad eg, runway heading or Flex to temp or DPT Position.
The fields that are just click to change work fine.
Any ideas would be great thanks
Peter.
Its not installed correctly, theres en entry you need to put in the dll.xml and theres 2 listed in the install manual and copying the wrong one or none at all results in the behaviour you describe.

batfink

Post by batfink »

Thanks, I used the auto setup icon, I thought all the paths were correct, I will try to sort it out.

batfink

Post by batfink »

I tried to follow the steps in section 8 Dll's declaration, but cant find where it is in windows 10.It says it should be in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\, I only have C:\Users\my user name\, but no appdata etc. so Im hopelessly lost. As I said the auto setup worked in XP no problems but not in windows 10.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Have you checked "show hidden files?" Refer to this link. It shows you how:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/

ZA

batfink

Post by batfink »

Thanks for that, so I found the DLL.xml opened it in note pad and it was correct as the instructions say, Imade sure everything else was in the correct place and the paths were correct as per instructions, still not working.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Please go into the fsx.CFG file (same folder where the dll.xml resides), have a look into the [Trusted] section and confirm that the declared xml file(s) are shown and trusted. If not, I propose to make a copy from your whole dll.xml file and paste into this forum for further check.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

batfink wrote:Thanks for that, so I found the DLL.xml opened it in note pad and it was correct as the instructions say, Imade sure everything else was in the correct place and the paths were correct as per instructions, still not working.

Double check you have the correct one for your sim and of course the correct dll in your modules folder.

FSX

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

p3d

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools3D</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools3D.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

herecomesnassy

Post by herecomesnassy »

CokiBH wrote:I am doing survey.

Please all who write here in this forum or read to write:

1.What you do not like in my HD textures for a321 VC,

2.What you want to see different,

3.Are color combination good,

4.Are night lights good,

5.Are shadows good,

I was thinking to add wear and tear to cockpit and some color change what you think about that???

CokIBH
1. nil

2. would love to see the square EFIS display units (like in the aerosoft airbus) rather than the existing ones with rounded edges. and also FCU like in the real a32x (if possible).

3. color good

4. night lights good

5. shadows good

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I need help about FSX graphics setting.

By night, lighting effects are in low quality on my computer, and I don't find why

see picture below :

ground texture are not visible with lighting, and there are some round horrible effet.

with landing light, quality is not good so.

Have you an idea where I can improve lighting quality ? I don't find in Nvidia setting where to solve issue.

And I have a error message in Nvidia inspector listing :
"Glow on lights are incorrect"

Thanks

francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Some users reported in the past, that the error message in Nvidiainspector listing : "Glow on lights are incorrect" are referring to probs when 3D is used in the sim. I have never used this mode and no 3D experience, so for info....
Latest NVIDIA driver installed?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I have several questions for you. Do you have bloom effect on in Fsx display options? In case did you try to disable it? Do you play with "Dx10 preview" on?
Since when had you noticed this?

aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

Hi all
Continue to fly the 321 time permitting. In a couple of my practice take-offs I've found that the auto throttle is engaging at take off power without it or the autopilot being selected. I am unable to turn it off - the "on" "selected" light remains on. I have found that by pausing the sim the light may be turned off but as soon as the sim is resumed the auto throttle and light re-activate. Using Prepar3D V3, Windows 10+.
Any advice or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)

herecomesnassy

Post by herecomesnassy »

aspen31 wrote:Hi all
Continue to fly the 321 time permitting. In a couple of my practice take-offs I've found that the auto throttle is engaging at take off power without it or the autopilot being selected. I am unable to turn it off - the "on" "selected" light remains on. I have found that by pausing the sim the light may be turned off but as soon as the sim is resumed the auto throttle and light re-activate. Using Prepar3D V3, Windows 10+.
Any advice or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)
I guess that's normal in Airbus. As you move the thrust levers to either FLX or TOGA detent at take-off, you arm the autothrust function, without you having to the press the A/THR pushbutton. The lever itself is a switch. Hope that answers. :)

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

As above, its working as designed, you just push the levers forward if you think youre getting into a bad situation and need MCT or TOGA. That brings it out of the AT position.

aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

Hi all
Thanks for the replies. I guess another thing I have not discovered is how to turn the auto throttle off to enable manual throttle control. Nothing I have tried has worked so far.
Warren

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

You have several choices, move it to idle, move it to toga/MCT or use push/pull to dial in the speed you want. I dont think there is a fully manual mode with the AP on.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

An other possibility is disconnect the three flight computers (three switches on overhead panel "FLT CTL"). After that you are free to disable A/T.

aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

So far after the auto throttle has activated I have not found a way to turn it off - the throttles themselves will not retard. I'm starting to think that this may be due to the envelope I am operating in - heavy aircraft just after take off - perhaps the computer senses that I have the aircraft in such a high angle of attack that retarding the throttles would be unsafe - obviously something I have to work on.
Thanks for the advice so far.
Warren

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

On real Airbus, you can disabled autothrottle by setting to 0 the levers; In first versions of FD-FMC, this feature was coded. But, many joystick throttles have noise and issues and it arrived that A/THR was desactivated without pilot agreement. So, I decided to cancel this feature, because too much issue.

In all case, you can disabled A/THR by press on the button.

I can restore the throttle to 0 -> disable A/THR feature, but if user have a old joystick, it may occurs issue.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 28 Jan 2017, 10:38, edited 2 times in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi I have several questions for you. Do you have bloom effect on in Fsx display options? In case did you try to disable it? Do you play with "Dx10 preview" on?
Since when had you noticed this?
Hello, Thanks for your help.

- No bloom effect
- no DX10 preview
- Video card Nvidia GTX 560 TI
- driver 358.97
- Windows XP
- FSX Sp2

aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

Hi
That may very well be the problem given my old Saitek and throttle. The auto throttle problem does not occur all the time so I'll have to spend some additional time with it. Thanks for a great airplane.
Warren

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I began to work on A330 FD-FMC.

So, I search some information about A330. help is welcome....

Priority search :
- V1 Vr V2 chart
- landing speed (Vapp) chart
- greendot speed calculation formula
- Optimal flight level chart.

thanks

François

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Hi Francois

I found this but I did not download it can it help you??

https://www.scribd.com/document/7919782 ... 340-charts

https://www.scribd.com/document/80113281/A-330-Oral

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

This company offers a demo of a not very good a330 but it could be in the manuals, I believe its limited to 10 mins flying time but it could give you an idea of the a330 overall.
http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/index ... ort/files/

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi good news!
Here i found the Fcom. There are several tables along the document that may help you

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=w ... FUX9kvL5wg

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I noticed a couple of bugs with the A32x, the ToD doesnt work any more, its sticks at the distance of the top of climb, when you reach cruise altitude, it gives you an optimal altitude of something like FL780. A lot of the time climb and descent doesnt stick to the target, I can be climbing at 180 knots with no pax/cargo because the AT wont give me the commanded N1 or it descends at 1000fpm and bleeds off speed until it stalls or I manually set -3000fpm in order to get to the target speed

It would also be nice to change the target altitude after descent is initialised or put the aircraft into approach mode manually like the real thing otherwise its very easy to get to the airport and not be able to use the ILS.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Flyer10 wrote:This company offers a demo of a not very good a330 but it could be in the manuals, I believe its limited to 10 mins flying time but it could give you an idea of the a330 overall.
http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/index ... ort/files/
I saw this too...Gave it a try. Not very good. But as you say manuals might be of use.
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer10 wrote:I noticed a couple of bugs with the A32x, the ToD doesnt work any more, its sticks at the distance of the top of climb, when you reach cruise altitude, it gives you an optimal altitude of something like FL780. A lot of the time climb and descent doesnt stick to the target, I can be climbing at 180 knots with no pax/cargo because the AT wont give me the commanded N1 or it descends at 1000fpm and bleeds off speed until it stalls or I manually set -3000fpm in order to get to the target speed

It would also be nice to change the target altitude after descent is initialised or put the aircraft into approach mode manually like the real thing otherwise its very easy to get to the airport and not be able to use the ILS.

You are the second guy to report to me this bug. So I never had it and it seems that the bug appears in particular conditions or missing action ( main bug effect is a wrong optimal Flight level calcultation many too high).

So, at this time, no idea from where comes this bug; the only way to find the bug is to save the flight when bug appears ! without the FMC backup file or information about the setting of your flight and action, I cannot find anything !!!

try to reproduce the same flight and save the flight when you reach Cruise altitude and send me the .CSV file that FD-FMC has created in your "my Documents\FSX flight plan files\" folder....

For everybody, when you have a big bug, save your flight and post here the content of the FMC ".csv" backup file !

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:I noticed a couple of bugs with the A32x, the ToD doesnt work any more, its sticks at the distance of the top of climb.
Fixed with the upcoming panel update.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I'm pretty sure it happens on every single flight for me but I will do that, another little thing that would be nice would be copying the optimal flight level to the box when you click on it. It works with the lower one which is always FL350 but not the upper calculation which is what I use.
The bug happens only after I take off and climb and has been there every time I checked, its always fine before take off.

Thanks for fixing the other bug Wulf.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Flyer10 wrote: It would also be nice to change the target altitude after descent is initialised or put the aircraft into approach mode manually like the real thing otherwise its very easy to get to the airport and not be able to use the ILS.
That's true. Sometimes you need to capture the localiser or the glideslope above the target altitude and the aircraft won't let you do it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer10 wrote:I noticed a couple of bugs with the A32x, the ToD doesnt work any more, its sticks at the distance of the top of climb, when you reach cruise altitude, it gives you an optimal altitude of something like FL780. A lot of the time climb and descent doesnt stick to the target, I can be climbing at 180 knots with no pax/cargo because the AT wont give me the commanded N1 or it descends at 1000fpm and bleeds off speed until it stalls or I manually set -3000fpm in order to get to the target speed
TOD works. The only current TOD bug is if you delete current STAR and load a new STAR, during cruise: in this case, TOD is not updated.

This minor bug is already fixed, but I wait to fix other bugs before an update.

Wulf has improved the TOD calculation with a new formula that use the arrival speed in end of STAR to calculate TOD.

Flyer10 wrote: It would also be nice to change the target altitude after descent is initialised or put the aircraft into approach mode manually like the real thing otherwise its very easy to get to the airport and not be able to use the ILS.
In the current version, you can engage APPR mode only if STAR is completed. I cannot change at this time this feature, because aircraft must be in speed mode to use ILS.

STAR is completed for the FMC when the flight plan waypoint that is just after the last waypoint of the STAR become active. So, you can shift your active waypoint by use the - and + button in the F-PLN page of the FMC, but if you active the next end of STAR waypoint, FMC will switch in SPEED mode.

If you have some altitude arrival porblem, maybe there is an error in the altitude constraint of your STAR, or try to use holding patterns to lose altitude during descent.

So, if you want change arrival altitude, switch in selected ALT mode and select your own altitude.

Flyer10 wrote:I'm pretty sure it happens on every single flight for me but I will do that, another little thing that would be nice would be copying the optimal flight level to the box when you click on it. It works with the lower one which is always FL350 but not the upper calculation which is what I use.
The bug happens only after I take off and climb and has been there every time I checked, its always fine before take off.

Thanks for fixing the other bug Wulf.
About Optimal flight level bug :

I found the error. and bug is fixed (for the next panel update).

So, this bug has no consequence on your flight. Optimal flight level is used only when you set FMC page before take off, and at this moment, optimal level info is ok. Optimal level info is only used by FMC to calculate ECON FL when you click on this box.

Bug appears just after take off, when wheels quit the ground. But at this moment, optimal FL is no longer useful.

Until the next panel update, don't watch this box after take off, and forget it 8-)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:
That's true. Sometimes you need to capture the localiser or the glideslope above the target altitude and the aircraft won't let you do it.
This is one reason, why it is reasonable for the airport creator to set the STAR exit (=Approach entry) 1 or 2 or even more waypoints before ILS capture. This does not match with some IAF definitions, but it is more practical.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:
This is one reason, why it is reasonable for the airport creator to set the STAR exit (=Approach entry) 1 or 2 or even more waypoints before ILS capture. This does not match with some IAF definitions, but it is more practical.
I'm talking to when I fly to airports that aren't coded in the FMC.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

For some reason I never get the vref green dot when not using the FMC star but it did appear when I did a test flight with no FMC flight plan.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:
I'm talking to when I fly to airports that aren't coded in the FMC.
In this case (no STAR used) , you can set your own arrival altitude in the FMC; If you chose a higher altitude that default alaitude, TOD will be calculate with a higher distance of the arrival airport.

When no STAR used, TOD is calculated to arrive at 27Nm of the airport altitude, and 3000 feet above.

If you increase altitude, TOD will be set an earlier arrival. You can estimate by 3Nm per 1000 feet.

Arrival altitude must be selected before aircraft reach Cruise phase.

Francois

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I can select the target altitude during cruise but not after descent is initialised which is always when I realise Ive forgotten to set it if its a high airport.

Its fair enough if it cant but done but the real life airbus stays in managed mode until the retard call out. I can go into more detail if you want to exactly match the real world FMC procedure on arrival,

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I understand what you want, but I cannot write with my actual knowledge a managed mode for approach, because it requires to write a PID (proportional integrative controler) controller for the N1 mode and it is very too complex for me. sorry

So, in real life, in many case, approaches are ATC directed and pilots must switch in Speed/heading mode.

Current FD-FMC speed mode during approach is a "managed-like" mode, because vertical speed is calculate by FMC to join next waypoint to the right altitude (with a gradient maximum of 8°).

descent Target altitude cannot be selected after descent bigining, because TOD shold be false. No choice. Target altitude must be selected before descent to calculate the arrival point.

I am not PMDG , so I do what I can. Managed climb and descent gauge required to me hundreds of hours of work ( one year only on this part of code). this is not easy.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Thank you for explaining it, is there any chance of being able to select target altitude during the initial setup on the ground before take off?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok, I just understand issue. I wrote this part of code some time ago and I not remembered details.

I haven't did a test flight but by check the TOD gauge code, and I think that the TOD is false if you change default target arrival altitude when no STAR loaded.

I need time to test and check.

I will update this part of code and No STAR target altitude will be available from the beginning of the flight.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that current code display No STAR target altitude only when aircraft is in cruise mode and if you change value, TOD is not updated.

But I will fix the code next week, because I am preparing the new airports that I will try to upload tonight or tomorrow, because I am testing KIAH that is a very complex airport....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Waiting for me to correct the code, think that you can trigger the descent before the TOD : When you are at less that 200Nm of destination airport, if you select an altitude below cruise altitude, and push the ALT knob, you engage the descent.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

New airports are online :

New Airports:

ESGG – Gotebörg – Sweden by Martien Van Rooten
KIAH – Houston G.Bush Intl – USA (Texas) by Francois Dore
KOMA – Omaha Eppley Airfield – USA (Nebraska) by Wulf Bindewald
KTPA – Tampa Intl – USA (Florida) by francois Dore
KTPA – Tampa Intl – USA (Florida) by francois Dore : Version for updated AFCAD or addon scenery like FlyTampa scenery with current runway names
UGGG – Tbilisi – Georgia byPhilippe Bronier
UKBB – Kiev – Ukraine by Martien Van Rooten

Airports updated:

KJAC : v4.03 – Jackson Hole – USA (Wyoming) by Wulf Bindewald : STAR and approaches updated
KMSP : v4.02 – Minneapolis Saint Paul – USA (Minnesota) by francois Dore : fix a wrong initial heading in RWY 22 SID WLSTN6.WLSTN
LGRP : v4.01 – Rodos – Greece by Martien Van Rooten : SID clearance altitude fixed and STAR speed constraint issue fixed
SKBO : v4.02 – Bogota – Colombia by Carlos Mario Díaz : Updated

New AIRAC files : 02042017 (2 files)

Download on Freenav website : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=1268

Note :
KOMA is provided with an AFCAD. This AFCAD use a new object library that you must copy in your World scenery folder to share objects with future projects. Read install file.

About KIAH Houston, airport has many many procedures (for exemple, 426 SID ! ); So, maybe there will be some bug or issue.
I coded only 220 SID (only conventional SID and RNAV SID without transition.

3 STAR not coded (because FD-FMC number limit to 130 STAR).
the biggest airport that I did....

Next airports :

KOKC – Oklahoma city USA
KIND – Indianapolis USA
KRIC – Richmond USA
LTAI – Antalya – Turkey
EVRA – Riga – Letonia
YSSY – Sidney – Australia
EGLL – London Heathrow – UK (update)
LFPG – Paris – France (update)
……….

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am working on Arrival -altitude and TOD without STAR.

It seems that current panel can give a wrong altitude if descent page or Approach page is not displayed before reaching cruise mode.

So, I am working to fix issue and give the possibility to change altitude before flight.

So, I maybe discovered another bug : If there is a speed contraint according a SID waypoint for an airport at high altitude and that aircraft go over 10000ft before to reach the constraint's waypoint , speed constraint is not cancelled.

I must check and do other tests and fix.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:I am working on Arrival -altitude and TOD without STAR.
So, I maybe discovered another bug : If there is a speed contraint according a SID waypoint for an airport at high altitude and that aircraft go over 10000ft before to reach the constraint's waypoint , speed constraint is not cancelled.
It shouldn't be cancelled, at least not in Colombia. You must keep your speed restrictions no matter if you cross 10000 ft or not before reaching the waypoint. For instance, when departing from SKBO (8360 ft), you will certainly cross 10000ft before finishing the turn (see image), but keeping at or below 185 KIAS allows you to:
a) Climb faster (if your plane is Stage 4 in noise restrictions) while flying that initial turn over the city or
b) Reduce engine noise when flying over the city (if your plane is Stage 3*). In fact, if your plane is Stage 3, you must maintain V2+10 KIAS --or V2+20 KIAS if it's a DC-10-- until crossing 12500 ft. Stage 4 aircraft do not need to follow noise abatement procedures.

Also, at those altitudes, good luck trying to gain speed, altitude and make that turn on initial climb at the same time. You need to keep a low speed to be able to climb and make the turn and cross SOA VOR at or above 12000 ft.