Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

wulfbindewald

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 14:43
Prosdocimo wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 14:29
Hi I found that in A321 v1.57 my destination airport is always at 0 ft. If I switch into A320 (still at v1.55) the airport elevation is ok. So maybe there is a problem in v1.57 by which all destinations are 0ft!
I think using the star covers this problem up, did you not use a star and then had trouble with the FMC? It looks like non star use is impossible in 1.57.
On which location from the FMC do you find that the destination airport is always 0 ft?
I´m familiar with a box in the CRUISE window "If no STAR, Select End of Descent Target Altitude:" Where you can preset the airport altitude + ideally 3000ft. Otherwise you´ll get a warning message. The airport altitude is shown in the ARRIVAL window on the top right.

I checked all A32X 1.57 and found a default red value "0" in this box. If you check ACTIVATE in the FMC, then the destination airport altitude+3000ft will be autom. displayed. Further alt corrections afterwards are possible.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I just did it again ZUJZ to ZLLL, I entered 9000 as the end of descent altitude, the airport is at 6388. I press the ALT to begin the descent and the value is gives me is 3700 which is 3000 feet undergound.

Now I cannot even try to test the ILS because it will never go into that mode. The elevation is wrong, its down as 662 at the top, but its correct on the arrival page. Strange. You may have to right click and click view to get a better look.

I just tested a random airport in a different continent, elevation was zero at SCCF feet while it was 7530 on the arrival page. The departure page matched at 6093 (SLTJ)

I reverse the flight plan and now SCCF matches while the SLTJ destination doesnt match 0 and 6093.. There is something wrong, can people verify?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

OK. thanks for report. It seems that the error appears only when you enter manually an arrival altitude.

I am checking the code and I will come back when I will found issue

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

please, save your flight to give me the FMC backup data file. It will help me to find the bug

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I looked but couldnt work out how to get the .csv file. A normal p3d save doesnt make a .csv and I couldnt work out if you could save via FMC.

The altitude is wrong even in preflight without entering anything. I think using the star arrival somehow bypasses the problem but it should be there on every flight if the arrival is a few thousand feet ASL.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Flyer10 wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 12:19
I don't use SIDS or STARS from the FMC, pro atc does it itself and injects it into the flight plan on the fly.
Maybe that's where the FMC is getting confused. Everything worked ok previously as long as I remembered to set the target altitude before descent on the old version.
At the moment you can not use PRO-ATC-X with FD_FMC, not all Flightplans.

The difference is FD_FMC uses static .csv files and PRO-ATC-X uses AIRAC form Navigraph or similar data providers.
This AIRAC depends on what cycle you have downloaded and is rare compatible with FD_FMC .csv so the on the fly injected FP also not.

Please wait 2 weeks until the software FD-FMC Airport SID STAR is ready !!

It will write an xml file ready to use in your PRO-ATC-X AIRAC folder after PRO-ATC-X -> Import AIRAC Data The ATC instruction will match.
The exportet Flightplan will be without SID and STAR.
Now you must, after clearance, set the FD-FMC correct. So both match.

Without setting FD-FMC SID STAR and APPROACH you will lose the AIRBUS FMGS guidance !

wikipedia :
Modern flight management systems combine navigation with the flight controller and the autopilot, such as Airbus's "Flight Management and Guidance System" (FMGS).
Depending on the model, start and approach calculations, vertical flight profile management (altitude, climb and descent) and fuel management are also carried out.

Thomas

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Pro atc has worked perfectly with these planes up until the last update, I dont think it has anything to do with proatc as the altitudes were messed up without pro atc running.
Ive never once set a sid or star in the plane itself.

So the plane will not be able to fly into airports without an FMC star and approach? Sadly if so, the planes become useless for me.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Beside the problem : which all destinations are 0ft!

Treat my post only as information
Just an example.

If you ask PRO-ATC-X for another STAR and you will get it.
The FD-FMC Flightplan must be complete removed and new set.

The injected Flightplan includes nothing but LAT / LON and the name of the waypoint.
No altitude, speed restrictions. Transition data are missing also the QNH.

I do not think that an FMC without these inputs can work correctly.

Thomas

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It worked perfectly before unless I forgot to set the descent altitude before beginning the descent.
All the FMC needed was for you to get to the descent altitude, then an ILS or manual approach was possible.

I just copied the .55 cab files back and the altitude was fine in the FMC. Its definitely a problem with .57 and using stars masked the problem.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

So the plane will not be able to fly into airports without an FMC star and approach? Sadly if so, the planes become useless for me.
Why should you not be able to fly an airbus plane?

Only the advantages of an FMC are lost.

The project is called "Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus".

Many High Tech Airbus I have already flown in the FLightsimulator I have to enter SID STAR and Approach Transition to use lateral guidance.

You will not be able to fully utilize the lateral flight guidance without using FD-FMC's SID an STAR .csv files.

Thomas
Last edited by moskito-x on 19 Mar 2017, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

wulfbindewald wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 16:18
Flyer10 wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 14:43
Prosdocimo wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 14:29
Hi I found that in A321 v1.57 my destination airport is always at 0 ft. If I switch into A320 (still at v1.55) the airport elevation is ok. So maybe there is a problem in v1.57 by which all destinations are 0ft!
I think using the star covers this problem up, did you not use a star and then had trouble with the FMC? It looks like non star use is impossible in 1.57.
On which location from the FMC do you find that the destination airport is always 0 ft?
I´m familiar with a box in the CRUISE window "If no STAR, Select End of Descent Target Altitude:" Where you can preset the airport altitude + ideally 3000ft. Otherwise you´ll get a warning message. The airport altitude is shown in the ARRIVAL window on the top right.

I checked all A32X 1.57 and found a default red value "0" in this box. If you check ACTIVATE in the FMC, then the destination airport altitude+3000ft will be autom. displayed. Further alt corrections afterwards are possible.
Hi I know about the star box. But my problem is in the pinkish value "elevation:" in the upper right corner in arrival page. It's always 0. I'll attach the debug report soon

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

moskito-x wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 20:27

Why should you not be able to fly an airbus plane?

Only the advantages of an FMC are lost.

The project is called "Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus".

Many Hight Tech Airbus I have already flown in the FLightsimulator I have to enter SID STAR and Approach Transition to use lateral guidance.

You will not be able to fully utilize the lateral flight guidance without using FD-FMC's SID an STAR .csv files.

Thomas
I have full sid, sid transition, star, star transition, approach and approach transition into every airport that has them with pro atc. I have full lateral guidance and also vertical guidance.

The good news is that its a bug and I should be able to carry on, if not, Ill just stay on .55.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Prosdocimo wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 20:31

Hi I know about the star box. But my problem is in the pinkish value "elevation:" in the upper right corner in arrival page. It's always 0. I'll attach the debug report soon
Thats the problem, it means you cannot land at any airport over 3000 feet unless use have a star or land manually.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Flyer10 wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 20:56
I have full sid, sid transition, star, star transition, approach and approach transition into every airport that has them with pro atc. I have full lateral guidance and also vertical guidance.
You have ATC lateral and vertical guidance not fully AIRBUS FMGS guidance.
Do not confuse this.

Thomas
Last edited by moskito-x on 19 Mar 2017, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I don't think you understand and its off topic so lets just drop it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer10 wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 18:36
I looked but couldnt work out how to get the .csv file. A normal p3d save doesnt make a .csv and I couldnt work out if you could save via FMC.

The altitude is wrong even in preflight without entering anything. I think using the star arrival somehow bypasses the problem but it should be there on every flight if the arrival is a few thousand feet ASL.
No relation with P3D. The FD-FMC save in all case a backup file with all its data when you save your flight (by calling "ICAO to ICAO"). This file is recorded in the P3D/FSX flight plan folder.

But, this function can work only if you have correctly wrote this folder path in the FMC_path.ini file, located in the FD_FMC folder.

Path must be wrote like following, with double "\\" :

exemple : C:\\Documents and Settings\\Fdd\Mes documents\\Fichiers Flight Simulator X\\

This function allow to save a flight, and reload it with all FMC data and ending the flight.

If you name the saved file "ICAO to ICAO", FMC will delete its backup file when you will landing to avoid conflict with a future flight with same departure and destination.

The FD-FMC backup .csv file is like a black box.

in red, saved flight not completed.

In bue : When you save a flight, FD-FMC overwrite the PLN file of FSX with all waypoints (SID, STAR and Approaches) added in the flight plan (mandatory otherwise when you will load your flight to ending, if FSX GPS has not the flight plan file updated, there will be an error).

When you land, FMC data backup file is deleted, and the Flight plan file updated with all waypoints is renamed by ending by "FD-FMC Backup".
This is a .PLN file according FSX/P3D rules.

So, if you want use this flight plan file with an aircraft that has not a FMC, you can rename the file in PLN and load this flight plan in all aircraft; You will have all waypoints (SID, STAR and Approach), but without speed or altitude data of course....

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bug is in the "No STAR" altitude in case of user value.

I am working to fix it.....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok; bug fixed. I am doing the last tests and update next weekend.

Also, there will be the beta of the A330-300 next weekend, with 2 VC : Tom Ruth and classic A32x VC.

François

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Nice, can you try flying into somewhere like Sion LSGS without a star and see if the ILS/IGS approach works, you'll have to set the descent box to 17,000 as that's where you pick up the ILS/IGS.
If it works there, other places should not be a problem.

Good work on the choice of VCs, has the TR VC been updated? I know someone was working on it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I don't know if the TR model that I has is an updated version....file dated of 2009...

Here is the FD-FMC gauge update (1.58) for A318, A319, A320 and A321 : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... s_1.58.zip

This panel update include only the 4 A3xxFD-FMC.CAB files that you must copy and replace in the FSX\Gauges folder.

v 1.58 fix following issues :
====================
- Fix definitivly ( I hope.... :P ) issue with "No STAR" user arrival altitude
- Fix wrong warning message about green dot speed during climb
- Now, FD-FMC accept terminal waypoints with ICAO airport with 3 characters only (eg:"W29" ) in SID, STAR and Approaches .csv files

If you confirm to me that NO STAR user altitude function works now, I will publish next weekend the official panel update.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I have just finished a flight with the A319 v1.58 from SKBO to SKBG. The arrival airport isn't coded in the FMC yet, so I could test the arrival without STAR. SKBG has an elevation of 3900 ft. The arrival altitude is 8000. The A319 descended correctly from cruise altitude, although it couldn't capture the G/S at 7100 ft (according to the official charts). The LOC was captured, though. I will repeat the flight to see if the G/S can be captured, because I pressed the APPR button right when the A319 was crossing the glideslope.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will have more time to do test this weekend. LAst changes in the gauge code to get the predictive descent with an approach loaded has maybe added a new bug in case of "no approach loaded".....

Important : For Airport files creators :
I discovered a big bug in case of SID clearance altitude written in CSV files is to close the Acceleration Altitude value : In this case, FMC lost its target altitude and Autopilot switch in reversion mode.

So, by security, SID Clearance altitude must be higher than Acceleration altitude of 1500 ft minimum, otherwise, aircraft has not enough time to level off and FMC cannot switch the appropriate mode.

François

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I tried the new files, the k variable for the battery switch seems to have been removed so the default key or hardware switch doesn't work now.

I'm tried flying into UAII and it's at 1348 feet and which is correct on the arrival map but its 11308 in the big pink letters above it. I got the retard callout constantly about 4000 feet until landing. There was also no vref green triangle but its been that way from the start.

The descent altitude and ILS worked but the auto land didn't as it was obviously still confused about my altitude.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I did test flight with the A320 from SKBO to SKCC and I have bad news: I had a bug. The airplane got stuck in CLB FL phase. It overshot the cruise altitude and I had to fly the rest of the flight in selected mode. I will do another flight to see the problem reappears, as I have experienced a few bugs with the FD-FMC which happen only once or twice and then never again.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If you want that I solve bugs, please save your flight when bug appears and post here the content of the FMC backup data file.

Carlos, It seems that a FMC take off or climbing phase has been skipped. With save game and backup file, we would have the explanation right away.
Same thing Flyer10.

I never had these bug, so solution is to save your flight and post data.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

ok, my 2 problems could be sorted as the show up in pre flight, the battery switch is obvious and so is the 2 different heights in the arrival page which I think is the cause of all the later problems. Load up any flight plan with an arrival airport of over 1000 feet and you should see it yourself.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer10, Battery swtich is managed by the Overhead and nothing has changed in this gauge since several months. I have no idea about your problem....

About your altitude issue, sorry but no explanation. The airport title altitude information in pink in the FMC page is provided by the FSX GPS.

I think that you have another issue somewhere in your FSX or the panel is not correctly installed.

Which aircraft you use ?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Previously I tried the 320, now I'm trying the others

The battery switch was working and then stopped as I was switching through the planes, then it wouldn't even work on the aircraft that it did work on before. Very strange.

If I load the plane, import a flight plan then the elevation will be the same as the last airport I landed at.

Can you try clearing the flight plan, loading the aircraft, then import a flight plan, does the elevation still stay as 0 for you?

Also, Load a plan from A to B. clear it and load from A to C and the elevation will still be the B airport.
Its not picking up the elevation of the new airport and instead uses the old elevation, it only works if a flight plan is loaded before the aircraft is loaded.

Edit, it worked sort of worked ok if I loaded the flight plan, loaded the plane, then started the plane, get ATC clearance and then load the light plan for real. The elevations are still 50-100 feet off so the callouts are not correct.
eg OPZB has 4683 on the map but 4728 on the elevation.

I went back to the old version, even though the map and elevation are different by about 50 feet, the call outs and also the elevation loading works perfectly. I can load several different flight plans and the elevation changes each time, not like the new version.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that your problem comes that you launch a second flight after finished a first flight without quit FSX or change aircraft.

FSX has many bugs when you load a new flight, because many XML variables are not reseted. So data of your previous flight are mixed with data of your second flight.

So, there is no other solution to quit FSX and reload it, or load another aircraft and reload your aircraft. This is the only solution to clean FSX memmory.

I will add in the next panel version a small gauge which allow to reset aircraft state by use the K command : (>K:RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT) to reset variables state.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Switching aircraft doesn't help.
Clearing the fsx data will result in the elevation always being zero as the only way to make it work is to load the flight plan before loading the plane.
Try it yourself, clear the flight plan, load the aircraft and then the flight plan and the elevation will always be zero.

Then use the last version and it will be correct. That could do several flights with just about plane reload.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 19:11
Switching aircraft doesn't help.
Clearing the fsx data will result in the elevation always being zero as the only way to make it work is to load the flight plan before loading the plane.
Try it yourself, clear the flight plan, load the aircraft and then the flight plan and the elevation will always be zero.

Then use the last version and it will be correct. That could do several flights with just about plane reload.
Just tested with A320_CFM 1.58 "no STAR":
FSX loaded -> Flightplan A to B loaded -> arrival B altitude correctly displayed -> Flightplan A to C loaded -> arrival C altitude stayed with B altitude (wrong) -> reloaded only the same aircraft again -> new airport C alitude correctly displayed and ok. But I don´t know if all other parameters are conseqently reversed too.
I must admit, that I normally never mix flightplan or aircraft in one session. Common practise is to start always with a launched FSX .... at least for me.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

That's the behaviour I am seeing except the first flight doesn't work for me, did you clear the flight plan and load the plan after the aircraft?

People who load the Plan first won't see any difference, the people who need to start the APU before contacting ATC to get the plan are going to have problems.
Load FP before plane and it's ok, load plan after aircraft and you will lose the automation nearing approach.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 20:35
That's the behaviour I am seeing except the first flight doesn't work for me, did you clear the flight plan and load the plan after the aircraft?
No.

Normally I prefer to start any FSX session from a saved configuration from the ground w/o (!) any flightplan to avoid any complication.
Then I configure the flight 1. weather selection (mostly real weather ;) ), 2. time selection, 3. A/C selection, 4. flightplan selection/creation, 5. start sim.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

So your​ flight plan is created and loaded before loading the plane? Then you would see no difference.

You have you load the flight plan after the plane for it to mess up. I think most people would do this as they don't know what runways, sids, stars etc will be used until they contact ATC and of course you need to load the plane for that.

It's not a problem if it's not deemed a bug or won't be fixed, I will just stay on the on the old version.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Nothing has changed with Panel version; No importance. You must do something that you haven't did in the past : Think about : "what have you change in your procedure to fly ?"

Think only one thing : FSX keep always in its cache memmory data from the previous flight. I think that microsoft used this system to get less time to load the sim at each flight. But that's occurs many problem when an advanced panel use L: Vars, because they are not reseted.

And the best way to avoid problem is to quit and load the Sim for each new flight.

To limit problem, you can also create in FSX a default flight without flight plan and with any aircraft, but on the ground, engines stopped, and save this flight "as your default flight".

As I said, I will do a "Reset" gauge, with a special button in the 2D cockpit, to reload user aircraft and try to reset L:Vars.

If you have FSUIPC, you can assign to a key of your keyboard the command to reset aircraft state.

The FSX command is : RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. I created the gauge.

Download here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Tools/Tools.zip

Unzip.

- Copy the folder "Tools" inside the panel folder of your aircraft.
- edit the panel.cfg file
- add the following line at the end of the [Window00] section (2D cockpit).

Gauge21=Tools!Reset,1000,20

So When you want to reset aircraft state, go in the 2D panel and click on the "R" blue on the upper right of the screen.

François

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

As I said before, clearing the data will result in every elevation being zero because the gauge takes the elevation of the landing airport on the plane load rather than when the flight plan is loaded. I think it will break it for everyone.
Another question I'd have is, has anyone completed an autoland with the new gauge? My callouts were 50 feet out even when I loaded the FP before the plane, I got no 50 and less and thus no autoland.

Nothing has changed at my end. You don't have to change things if you think it's not a problem but I will help if there's a lot of complaints after its released. For now, I will stay on the old gauge as changing them back, restarting the SIM results in the elevation, fallouts and autoland being correct. Even if I do several flights one after another
The gauge/fsuipc thing is useful, being able to quickly reset to cold and dark for another flight.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer, I hear all what you say, but I haven't changing anything in the panel about callout or destination airport elevation.

From 1.57 to 1.58, only the user end of descent arrival altitude value entry code and the TOD gauge code have changed. nothing else.

The destination airport elevation comes from the FSX GPS macro, and it is the same code since 3 years. If destination airport altitude is corrupted by a second flight plan, then callout cannot work properly since callout works with this information.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

use the gauge that I posted 2 posts above.

When you have completed your first flight, go in the 2d cockpit and press the blue "R" to reset the panel and load your new flight plan and all should work.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer, look at this video : https://youtu.be/7LsNzGRGJoU

This is the problem that you have and how it is solved by the reset gauge.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 10:54

The destination airport elevation comes from the FSX GPS macro, and it is the same code since 3 years. If destination airport altitude is corrupted by a second flight plan, then callout cannot work properly since callout works with this information.
Hi i tested again with your last update but still I have 0 elevation. Here what i did.
I preview A321 1.58.. then I load the plan and start the game. Arrival elevation is 0. But if i switch to A320 (still 1.57) the elevation comes right. And switching back to A321 i still have the right elevation (of course becouse fsx remembers).
Could be a problem in Airac files ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

no. Issue cannot comes from AIRAC. Airport elevation comes from a command in the FMC init gauge.

Save your flight.

I cannot found a bug that I haven't on my computer.

Without the FMC data of the backup file, I cannot do anything.

Save your flight please.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Prosdocimo wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 12:16

Hi i tested again with your last update but still I have 0 elevation. Here what i did.
I preview A321 1.58.. then I load the plan and start the game. Arrival elevation is 0. But if i switch to A320 (still 1.57) the elevation comes right. And switching back to A321 i still have the right elevation (of course becouse fsx remembers).
Could be a problem in Airac files ?
Exactly, you got 0 elevation because there was no flight plan loaded when you loaded the plane(thats when the gauge gets the elevation instead of when the flight plan is loaded like the last version), when you switched to the a321, the flight plan was already loaded so it loaded the correct elevation when the plane was loaded.

Clearing the flight plan on plane load will result in everyone having zero elevation. If you want proof of that, do the same thing but clear the flight plan between switching planes and it will still be zero.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Guy,

I am obliged to repeat myself, because all you describe is not a bug and exist since the origin :

Since the FD-FMC version 0.01 (4 years ago), the FMC get the destination airport elevation with its init gauge that run only during 1 second (until you ear a clack sound and aircraft dives in cold and dark) WHEN YOU LOAD THE AIRCRAFT.

If you you load the aircraft, and after a flight plan, FMC cannot to know destiantion elevation and many other things. You will have many bugs and error.

I am clear ? This is a wrong method !

You have 2 ways only if you want that FMC works correctly :

1 - You create a flight plan and launch the flight/aircraft after

or

2- if you want load a flight plan with the aircraft already in the sim, or load a new flight plan after a flight, without quit the flight, you must install the "Reset.xml" gauge, and press the "R" button : this action force FSX to reload the panel and the init gauge will take into account your flight plan.

NO OTHER SOLUTION ! FSX keep in memmory flight data and panel data, until you use a special XML command that reload the panel (this is the "Reset.xml" gauge).

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, yesterday I repeated the flight from SKBO to SKBG with the A320 v1.58 and everything worked correctly. I was able to capture the glideslope at SKBG and the aircraft went through every phase normally. I still need to test the A318 and A321.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 14:58

1 - You create a flight plan and launch the flight/aircraft after
François this point is what i did.

I created a flight plan and then launched A320 v1.55. Elevation was as expected (360ft). I shutted down fsx.
I created again the same plan and launched A321 v1.58 this time and elevation was 0 ft.

I flown the A321 with that plan. Everything was ok but radioaltimeter was offset of 360 feet. Untill touch down.

I've sent you the data recording.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Prosdocimo wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 16:56

I created a flight plan and then launched A320 v1.55. Elevation was as expected (360ft). I shutted down fsx.
I created again the same plan and launched A321 v1.58 this time and elevation was 0 ft.

I flown the A321 with that plan. Everything was ok but radioaltimeter was offset of 360 feet. Untill touch down.

Exactly, I think Francois may have some different kind of setup if he's not seeing it, maybe a different version of another cab file?

Also, even if you load the plan first, the elevation is still slightly out so autoland is impossible.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 14:58
..... 2- if you want load a flight plan with the aircraft already in the sim, or load a new flight plan after a flight, without quit the flight, you must install the "Reset.xml" gauge, and press the "R" button : this action force FSX to reload the panel and the init gauge will take into account your flight plan.
The corresponding FSX command RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT can be implemented in a keyboard assignment too for those who do not have FSUIPC.
Any interest for a corresponding instruction?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 17:07
Prosdocimo wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 16:56

Exactly, I think Francois may have some different kind of setup if he's not seeing it, maybe a different version of another cab file?

Also, even if you load the plan first, the elevation is still slightly out so autoland is impossible.
Are you really sure, that you have installed at first the files from panel 1.57 and then 1.58? The update 1.58 is not commulative to 1.55!
A simple check e.g. for A320_CFM: Go into your panel.A320CFM folder and check the date from A320_CFM.CAB file, which should be from 14.03.2017.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi Wulf. The A320 version is 1.55.1
Meanwhile the A321 is 1.58. (I upgraded this from 1.57)

I looked into gauge folder's cab files.

These numbers appears also in FMC window